Lowe's RDC 1436
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Albany, OR

#1 Apr 28, 2009
As a former Lowe's employee I searched for the DC and found a thread on this site for Campbellsville, KY with posts from people at the distribution center in Lebanon Oregon. Now the people from "C-Ville" don't seem to be too thrilled about sharing their page with anybody from 1436, so i've decided to create a discussion with the hopes of redirecting everyone here, and maybe inviting others to join.

Albany, OR

#2 Apr 28, 2009
So to start, I started my job at Lowe's in July of 2007. I had just left Target Distribution Center in April, due to a line-up of terrible bosses and biased treatment. At first Lowe's seemed great: everybody was friendly, funny, and the place seemed more inviting. My only complaint was the excessive 40 hour orientation that felt more like a bad day in high school than a warehouse job.

Once the orientation was over, and we were allowed to actually work, I had my first negative Lowe's experience. I was wearing a shirt that said "I pee in pools." A shirt that even my stuck up bosses at Target had laughed at. But "Here at Lowe's someone could find that offensive." I was given a too small Lowe's shirt to wear instead, after being lectured on my lack or responsibility.

Now I was even at this point a reasonably experienced shipper. I had close to 2 years experience, I was familiar with all the equipment, and at 6'5" and 300lbs I was equipped for the job. Yet as soon as I started working, doing things the way their own training video told us to, there were 3 different people there telling me I wasn't doing it right. A real life Office Space moment. TPS reports anyone?

As the months went on the treatment just got worse. They began to ask more and more, and the things that made them a good place to work for quickly turned into new policies that made them a terrible company to work for. One by one the good bosses left, and were replaced by corporate tools.

My only salvation was the days I would be sent to empty the building garbage, a job which was a lot harder than anyone thinks. On these days at least there wasn't a chance in hell I would have to put up with the incredibly faulty e2 system. The downside to this is that it is a huge building, and it generates a lot of trash, and in typical Lowe's fashion it was always understaffed. Not only that, but unlike every other job function where you only have your 3 department coaches riding your ass, I had every coach in the building doing it. They all had their own two cents, and thought that I needed to do it their way. I quickly began to lose any motivation I had to work, as I was never recognized for my efforts, only scolded like a disobedient child, and these days doing garbage were numerous, as anyone else they tried to train was usually worthless (thus sending them to do garbage) and ended up getting fired. So I continued doing this for several weeks.

After they finally found replacements who could do a decent job I foolishly thought that since I was a good worker and had been patient as people hired after me got trained on things I wasn't trained on, that I would get my long overdue training. I was wrong. What I got instead was 3 solid months of the most physical job in the building, getting treated like dirt and reprimanded on a daily basis as I over worked my body to the point it took me all my days off to recover. Of course this couldn't happen because Lowe's believes in a constant state of mandatory overtime.

Now exhaustion, coupled with the fact that my girlfriend is a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic, who had frequent trips to the ER didn't make for great attendance. Although I figured that I would be okay, as STATE LAW!!! protected me on that. But with Lowe's this was not the case.

On May 30th, 2008 I was freed from my bonds of slavery when they fired me for time taken to make sure my girlfriend didn't die. When I told them this, they apathetically slid my termination papers across the desk and walked me outside. I really wonder if any of those heartless bastards would have done the same in my position, or if they in fact care about nothing else than their piss ass corrupt company.

Well that's a very shortened version of my story of my time at Lowe's. I'm hoping to hear from anyone else now.
slave 1436

Albany, OR

#3 May 4, 2009
One word------ DICTATORSHIP.................

Albany, OR

#4 May 4, 2009
Absolutely. If you don't fit their mold and act like a complete tool (something which is sadly becoming acceptable in today's society) then they treat you like a slave and use you for everything they can, then once they've exhausted you they start mandatory overtime. The only way you can be safe is to be an attractive girl and shake your ass for the pervert coaches. Then you never have to lift a finger. They should be sued.
Overworked_and_U nderpaid

Findlay, OH

#5 May 12, 2009
LOL, its nice to know that it's not just our DC that's like this. I work in the Findlay, OH center. I can't speak for every shift, but our night shift is down to about the most worthless group of trash you can get for management. Especially their Ops manager. You'd think with times being tough they would actually enforce the idea that people that are at work actually need to do said work. But no, they'd rather spend endless amounts of company dollars by just letting people stand around and do absoluetly nothing.... or the Ops manager on the shift might just happen to pull little pranks on you to distract you from your job instead of letting you focus on being productive. While some people genuinely work hard to get their E2 numbers and don't apparently get enough done, yet they haven't sat around for 3/4 of the night chatting with their friends instead of working. I guess it pays to suck the bosses nuts.
Blowes1436

Portland, OR

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Haha hey Dan! Didn't take me long to figure out it was you!
You are right and you put it in such perfect words. That is exactly how it is there. You do 100% they want 120%. You do 120% and they'll find something to get on you about. You are never recognized for any hard work only scolded when they have some problem with what you're doing, typically something petty.
Great company, HORRIBLE management especially out here in the Oregon DC. They were sued within their first year of operation and there are several other pending lawsuits not to mention the countless more that I'm sure will come along with the way they blatantly disregard most employment laws especially those surrounding termination.

clown nose...haha
mr rodgers

Corvallis, OR

#7 Sep 13, 2009
Sir Tuggalot wrote:
Absolutely. If you don't fit their mold and act like a complete tool (something which is sadly becoming acceptable in today's society) then they treat you like a slave and use you for everything they can, then once they've exhausted you they start mandatory overtime. The only way you can be safe is to be an attractive girl and shake your ass for the pervert coaches. Then you never have to lift a finger. They should be sued.
So true.i work for lowes when they first open rdc 1436 the best day is when i left.
mr rodgers

Corvallis, OR

#8 Sep 13, 2009
When lowes first open there was a lot of fan fair,but as time went on lowes would show there TRUE self and it was not very good.
nightmare on reeves pkwy

Albany, OR

#9 Sep 20, 2009
mr rodgers wrote:
When lowes first open there was a lot of fan fair,but as time went on lowes would show there TRUE self and it was not very good.
Boycott LOWES stores or suck face. I could no longer put up with it-It beat me up too bad and never felt so bad. Not worth their measly 13.00 hr. I'd rather make 10 and be happy and appreciated. Everyone should walk out - same day---same time. Managers will have to fill orders-----SURE!!!!!! LMAO Bunch of nazi's/
dayshifter

Camden, SC

#10 Oct 11, 2009
well here at 1436 we move boxes.. A trained monkey could do it.. the job isn't difficult at all. I think 1436's environment is what burns people out.. I don't know which is worse. The damn music or walking on thin ice feeling... I sit in my truck every morning before work and have to get pumped up to make it through the day. Shouldn't have to put up with that shit. I do what I want. never turn in e2 sheets and yet im a gold performer. I'm on my way out of the door on a written final. yehaw maybe i'll get lucky! They have idiots in charge and waste the resources of capable people. Its nothing like any of my previous employers.. They are supposed to be a conservative company? But they run the facility like the Government runs this country. ouch. cut the bullshit. wouldn't that be nice..
mr rodgers

Corvallis, OR

#11 Oct 15, 2009
Dont drink the Lowes blue cool aid.
dayshifter

Sunset, SC

#12 Oct 22, 2009
hahahaha
Kevin

Hacienda Heights, CA

#13 Nov 7, 2009
There is a better website to post all this www.fedupemployees.com
Kevin

Hacienda Heights, CA

#14 Nov 7, 2009
There is a better website for all the fedup employees. www.fedupemployees.com
check it out......
building days rhtk driver

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2010
I'm free! Yay no more b.s.
WILL

Cordova, TN

#16 Feb 23, 2010
What is E2?
boohoo

Salem, OR

#17 Apr 1, 2010
you all need a reality check. In this economy you should be lucky to have a job. Many companies are laying off people and Lowes is hiring. That should say something. Not every company is perfect by all means. Stop your wining and grow up about actually having to some work. All people need to do is work hard and be positive. Think about all the people who don't have jobs, you all should be thankful to have a job. Grow up and get over it!
ex lowes building days

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2010
boohoo wrote:
you all need a reality check. In this economy you should be lucky to have a job. Many companies are laying off people and Lowes is hiring. That should say something. Not every company is perfect by all means. Stop your wining and grow up about actually having to some work. All people need to do is work hard and be positive. Think about all the people who don't have jobs, you all should be thankful to have a job. Grow up and get over it!
Have you ever worked for Lowes? Do you know why they are hiring? Well, its because of their high turnover rate. Its like a revolving door. The management is really nice if your into the whole kiss ass deal. If you cross them or disagree, your gone. I was a week away from my two year mark. I had my second ever I.R.B. which I didn't even damage any product. My equiptment malfunctioned. I made Mr. Safety Robs true colors shine and I was gone by lunch. Couldn't be happier since. Lebanon is a depressed community and I think Lowes capitalizes on that. People who live there are stuck and that's all they know. I was a gold perfomer, and by no way lazy. I would help whoever out and never turn in off standard. They use their resources until they get burnt out and then move on. Your just a sales id number to them. So what's positive about the truth? A paycheck. Maybe so...
MR ROGERS

Salem, OR

#20 Apr 17, 2010
ex lowes building days wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever worked for Lowes? Do you know why they are hiring? Well, its because of their high turnover rate. Its like a revolving door. The management is really nice if your into the whole kiss ass deal. If you cross them or disagree, your gone. I was a week away from my two year mark. I had my second ever I.R.B. which I didn't even damage any product. My equiptment malfunctioned. I made Mr. Safety Robs true colors shine and I was gone by lunch. Couldn't be happier since. Lebanon is a depressed community and I think Lowes capitalizes on that. People who live there are stuck and that's all they know. I was a gold perfomer, and by no way lazy. I would help whoever out and never turn in off standard. They use their resources until they get burnt out and then move on. Your just a sales id number to them. So what's positive about the truth? A paycheck. Maybe so...
You are absolutely right. I worked for Lowes when they first opened the doors. It's no more that a modern day sweat shop. They get people in and they spit people out. God forbid you get hurt on the job. They will throw you out like yesterdays garbage. They preach safety but it is really profit they are after. I can recall being at lowes in kaiser before the lebanon store opened they would have a briefing for all the team members to give us this big pep talk. Basicly they wanted us to shake the money out of every customers pocket that walked into the store and do it with a smile. Lowes is a sham. They preach about their open door policy, yeah right, their policy is only as good as the person inside the door, complain too much, you are doing the duffle bag drag to the unemployment line. You know what is really upsetting? You have some people who actually cut your throat to suck up to the bosses to get what little crumbs they left on the table for themselves. The place is just a sewer. I'm glad I walked out on them before they kicked me to the curb. This is why we need unions. Don't drink the blue koolaid.
no name

United States

#21 May 14, 2010
Novel idea... If you don't want to do PHYSICAL LABOR don't sign a peice of paper saying you will and then gripe about it later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min River Tam 104,781
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Sky Writer 31 184,625
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Jedimaster of All 981,348
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min PadMark 673,356
crooks frauds predators 1 hr Jedimaster of All 2
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 2 hr Jedimaster of All 9
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 2 hr Jedimaster of All 453
More from around the web