what the hell happened to the Christm...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#62 Dec 24, 2011
Herman Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is a fraud.
but you jump and hump with joy on Christmas holiday because it is an official holiday. no work.
good wife

Helotes, TX

#63 Dec 24, 2011
NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. How is there no "christ" in Christmas anymore? What specific things do you no longer see, and how does not seeing these things make your holiday experience any worse? In my opinion, the less "christ" in Christmas, the better the holiday.
What an idiot! Christ is the reason for CHRISTmas, you dolt. We are celebrating his birth! Whether it's the exact day or not - Jesus is the reason for the season. Does your employer give you any kind of bonus this time of year? If they do you should not accept it. Less Christ? You are a fool.
good wife

Helotes, TX

#64 Dec 24, 2011
whatthehelliswrongwithus wrote:
<quoted text>
what does Christmas mean to you? Forget the religious part what else is Christmas supposed to be about?
Peace on earth - good will toward men - if we could apply the golden rule of doing unto others as you would have them do unto you - if we could look at one another as just people and not let their race or religion or even political differences interfere with the fact that we all SHARE this planet - instead of war and conflict look to one another to help those less fortunate and work for the common good of ALL - Imagine all the people sharing all the world, living life in peace - a little John Lennon -
good wife

Helotes, TX

#65 Dec 24, 2011
RRR2 wrote:
well, rather personally,,, i've actually always dreaded xmas.
there was one year, even though we pick names, i told myself if i found one thing that "fit" that person i got it for them. a lot of people got pissy at me.
thats the last time i had the "xmas spirit". the holidays are so damn political. even before they start there's heckling about who is going where, whenever for eve, day, its just plain impossible to absolutely please everyone.
on a different note...
check this out,
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/47878/us_shoppe...
we, me and the wife, decided once to have an "after the holidays" bash. in the invite we told close family members and friends to bring +1 if they want and any good movies, games they've seen or played lately annnndddddd any beverage they wouldn't mind getting rid of so that way, collectively, we all would have a pretty good bar selection/ingredients.
it was a HIT!!!
everyone had a good time while playing cards, board games, playstation (kids, and big kids), movies.
originally my rather traditional and pious mom challenged my wife which is the practically the opposite to HER hosting a get together,, and even rolled her eyes on top of that!
our fancy hosted meal was ordered in pizza self served on paper plates. lol. drinks were bottles upon bottles of booze and ingredients and a drink guide book. plus milk, oj, pop and the usual.
now, practically every year, the majority of our family asks us to host another party. minus my ma of course. she's still pissed.
Sounds like a good time was had by all - except your mom and that's a shame for her - maybe she is upset because it wasn't her idea -
good wife

Helotes, TX

#66 Dec 24, 2011
Bob wrote:
what the hell happened to the Christmas spirit?
Have you noticed how commercialized Christmas has become? But have you also noticed that merchants and all government agencies have waged war on saying "Christmas" -'cause somebody might be offended.
Last year, I refused to shop at any store that did not display the word "Christmas" in their advertising and banners.
This year, our family is totally boycotting all merchandising. We're giving homemade cakes, candies, pies, etc.- and think of the money we're saving - and remember that we are not "offending" anyone.
If it's not "Christmas" then what holiday is it that we're celebrating? And when did we stop celebrating Christmas and when did the holiday designation change? Who changed it?
Happy Holidays - huh?
Festival of Lights - huh?
Holiday season - huh?
Winter Holidays - huh?
If you're offended, TOUGH.
Merry Christmas,
Bob
Merry Christmas to you, Bob.
Christmas is what you make it - I remember seeing Christmas decor appearing before Thanksgiving - this year it was before Halloween.
I refuse to let any of that bother me any more - I put the tree up the weekend after Turkey day - I bought an artificial tree this year (my allergies) because I like having it lit all day and into the new year -
I love the feeling Christmas gives me and wish I could do a better job of keeping it all year - can be difficult.
I don't do Black Friday sales or go any where near the malls-it can be hazardous.
I love spending time with family on Christmas Day - quiet time - a meal of tamales, quesodilla's, queso and chips -
Christmas is about Christ, family and peace on earth -
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - God Bless us, everyone!
good wife

Helotes, TX

#67 Dec 24, 2011
Skeptic wrote:
This holiday is hypocritical, no need to continue the charade, you must be a public employee, feeding at the trough of taxpayer dollars, you have a hidden agenda. I simply want to remove the holiday from being a Federal holiday. You can still visit with your family, and go to church, I just don't want taxpayer dollars fueling your day off. There should be no government favoring of religion or lack of thereof
<quoted text>
The holiday is not hypocritical - it's the government - always hollering for separation of church and government - yelling about nativity scenes on government property - so IMO all government offices should be open and no Christmas bonuses should be given - see them change their tune then.
4 speed 49er

Aliquippa, PA

#68 Dec 10, 2012
I am retired and still enjoy the CHRISTMAS SEASON after Thanksgiving. Love to decorate my yard,I had threats for setting up my Christmas figures. Bring it on. That was 3 years ago and been up every year since then, and will be until I am on longer living!!No person will tell me that I can"t put Christ in Christmas.
eric

United States

#69 Oct 31, 2013
NoamChimpsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. How is there no "christ" in Christmas anymore? What specific things do you no longer see, and how does not seeing these things make your holiday experience any worse? In my opinion, the less "christ" in Christmas, the better the holiday.
you are the problem with the world and you have no clue.
Christ is the reason we celebrate. He is the Son of God, sent to earth by his own will to die for the sins of man so we would not have to.
Christmas has become horrible. Do you feel any Christmas spirit through the holidays? Children are spoiled and get gifts all year. In order to make it special we have to break the bank and they dont appreciate it at all.
We have lost the meaning of Christmas and taken Christ out of Christmas and we are paying for it.
I cant stand ignorant, heathenistic, secular, commercial people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Cat 79,787
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr candlesmell 701,499
Gay snap eh 3 hr Lopez_nator21 13
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 719
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 7 hr thadv14 1
Best cosplay costumes online shop 7 hr Cosplay007 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752