Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 --
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

#192915 Aug 24, 2013
Frank Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome, this thread needs more players. Was started in 2008 and reached 225,000 posts and was removed and started again as A M A T Q --2--. It's approaching 200,000 posts again but much slower, as there are few players anymore.
Oy vey, vat's to hurry.

The questions are terrific, the gang a little looser and willing to intersperse some levity.

BTW: Saw A-ROD up close last night. The RAYS crowd booed at every at bat, every foul ball near third. It is all tragic...to watch a BB player with HOF talent get booed with more than competative rivalry, with a steaming vengence. And know it's all about the money... I guess I still have some romantic notions about love of the game, etc.

BTW, again: Hot dog $7, popcorn $5, water $4. And they direct ALL the boos to one player.

Where's Landis when the game needs him?
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

#192916 Aug 24, 2013
Pulitzer = Washington Post
Mom of Battles=Saddam H.
Ancon=Panama Canal
MLB prospect= Fidel Castro

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#192917 Aug 24, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
What country lost 17.2 percent of its population in World War II?
Poland... Because they were considered sub-human..I got this info. from a book I asked for at Christmas a couple of years ago, called Mein Kampf... By the third chapter, I knew Hitler was really crazy. I feel he really believed what he was doing was right...
Hi Snevaeh. When you ask questions, and please feel free to ask as many as you wish, you wait for other players to answer them. You then reply to the other players' answers and let them know if they got the answer right or not; if not you then give the correct answer.. Joe, Frank, Professor-X, did I get that right? Again, welcome to the thread Snevaeh.

Location hidden

#192918 Aug 24, 2013
xp asked:

What newspaper won a Pulitzer for its Watergate coverage?

The answet has to be The Washington Post. I hope.=)

Location hidden

#192919 Aug 24, 2013
Pardon my typo in the about post.

The answer* has to be The Washington Post.=)

Location hidden

#192920 Aug 24, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Edit: Pardon my typo in the *ABOVE* post.

I give up for now guys. I just woke up. I'm getting better actually. It only took me 3 posts to answer a question with no typos this time.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#192922 Aug 24, 2013
Joe Fryday wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey, vat's to hurry.
The questions are terrific, the gang a little looser and willing to intersperse some levity.
BTW: Saw A-ROD up close last night. The RAYS crowd booed at every at bat, every foul ball near third. It is all tragic...to watch a BB player with HOF talent get booed with more than competative rivalry, with a steaming vengence. And know it's all about the money... I guess I still have some romantic notions about love of the game, etc.
BTW, again: Hot dog $7, popcorn $5, water $4. And they direct ALL the boos to one player.
Where's Landis when the game needs him?
A-Roid ( even though it's my team ) and all like him, are so derserving ! They've spit on the game IMO.
Did you want Judge K.M.L. or Jim L.?

Location hidden

#192923 Aug 24, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
xp asked:
What newspaper won a Pulitzer for its Watergate coverage?
The answet has to be The Washington Post. I hope.=)
Your hopin' dun be correct.

Location hidden

#192924 Aug 24, 2013
Joe Fryday wrote:
Pulitzer = Washington Post
Mom of Battles=Saddam H.
Ancon=Panama Canal
MLB prospect= Fidel Castro
True, true, true, true !
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

#192925 Aug 24, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
No sweat, I swear.
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

#192926 Aug 24, 2013
x-pitcher wrote:
<quoted text>
A-Roid ( even though it's my team ) and all like him, are so derserving ! They've spit on the game IMO.
Did you want Judge K.M.L. or Jim L.?
Either one because of their unique position and view of the game. Somehow this whole thing has gotten away from Bud. Or, perhaps, like so many other things, I feel like the world has passed me by.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#192927 Aug 24, 2013
Joe Fryday wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome aboard.
Thank you, Joe Fryday!:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#192928 Aug 24, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Snevaeh. When you ask questions, and please feel free to ask as many as you wish, you wait for other players to answer them. You then reply to the other players' answers and let them know if they got the answer right or not; if not you then give the correct answer.. Joe, Frank, Professor-X, did I get that right? Again, welcome to the thread Snevaeh.
Thank you Chaumette!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#192929 Aug 24, 2013
I will most likely present more 'History' questions than sports, lol. I know the rules of most sports, just not the player... Looks like a great place to learn though...
HQ. Which Roman Empire changed the official language from Latin to Greek???
*Take your time, as I will be on and off throughout the day...

Location hidden

#192930 Aug 25, 2013
Pepe : Where you be ? We've got players and questions to be answered!

This room is a mess ! Wish I had the "boss's" number !

That's being kinda'doggeral'doncha think ?

{ dogs , hmmm...)

Location hidden

#192931 Aug 25, 2013
REPOSTING

What fighter pilot flew World War I missions with his Great Dane "Moritz" next to him in the cockpit?

Location hidden

#192932 Aug 25, 2013
REPOSTING

What deranged Roman emperor had a name that meant "little boot"?

Location hidden

#192933 Aug 25, 2013
REPOSTING

What Pakistani was the first head of state in the 20th century to give birth in office?

Location hidden

#192934 Aug 25, 2013
REPOSTING

What two-word term describes the period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the beginning f the Renaissance?

Location hidden

#192935 Aug 25, 2013
REPOSTING

What ship's lookout was miffed when his request for binoculars was denied in 1912?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 982,167
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 122,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Toxic Repub Toxins 6,657
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
!!!Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 5 hr Hiddn Numbrz 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Michael 681,608
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,861
More from around the web