Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

beachball wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Andet, I haven't been on since right after New Years.
I'm not good at all. I'm dying. I dont have alot of time left.
I never know what to say when this comes up. But I don't want you to think I pass it by unthinking. My wife and I offer our evening grace before meals for friends and family struggling through various tough times including health issues. I think of you when we do this.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

3 Dog night wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with all you have said. I didn't really think much about steroid use although it really has changed the game because it's made a mockery of the records of the old timers.
You brought up something I didn't consider about steroids in that it reduces body fat which protects players from injuries. That's very interesting. One of this things I have noticed is players going on the DL for what seems like minor aches and pains. I kind of think they're cry babies myself. Overpaid cry babies. Not all of course.
Myself I think the one thing that's made the biggest change in baseball is free agency. It's allowed players to move around to make the big bucks. It's put baseball into the category of everything that's wrong now. Which is it's all about money. Nothing to do with loyalty, pride, or team spirit.
One of the things that really bugs me when I watch a game is to see opposing players chatting on the field. When I see this I think why are you chatting away, smiling and joking with a guy on the other team. He's your rival. You're supposed to beat him. Of course the reality is that someday they may be on the same team because of free agency.
I like what you said about starting pitchers only going 5 or 6 innings. The 100 pitch count thing really bugs me too. Sabermetrics is another big and bad change. It completely disregards baseball sense or experience. Baseball is a game of talent, luck, and momentum. It's a game that any team can win at any time. That's what I like about it.
I really missed the boat on that one ! Free agency really was a huge and significant change. It's so far back, it seems, I didn't even think about it.

Sabermetrics is a totally unneeded set of stats IMO.
Some of it is nonsense to me.

It's still about pitching as much as anything and all teams have some and can win on any given day.

You're right, back in the day they were opponents and couldn't fraternize like they do today.

I guess it's going the way of the world.
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Inventory @ Joe's:

1. Golden Retriever 4 yrs old
2. Visula 10
3. Doberman 4
4. Dahshund 8
5. French BullDog 8 month

Simple goal : Keep #5 uninjured by #3. Both very sweet and very strong and aggressively playful.

6. Off site 2 cats
7. Beagle 8 yrs old
B-long

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Alex Trebek wrote:
Repost ....______ 1950S SITCOMS __________
`
Series that included this intro in its opening:
"Anne Jeffreys as Marion Kirby, the ghostess with the mostess"
hint ... The Cosmo who isn't Kramer
What was 'Topper'?
B-long

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

x-pitcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I really missed the boat on that one ! Free agency really was a huge and significant change. It's so far back, it seems, I didn't even think about it.
Sabermetrics is a totally unneeded set of stats IMO.
Some of it is nonsense to me.
It's still about pitching as much as anything and all teams have some and can win on any given day.
You're right, back in the day they were opponents and couldn't fraternize like they do today.
I guess it's going the way of the world.
All of the comments I've seen here on baseball are spot on.
May I add a couple more-lousy umpires irritate me, especially those with an attitude of superiority-(Angel Hernandez wouldn't even make a good Little League umpire), and the inability of the pitcher to be able to throw inside without having a stare-off between he and the batter.

I think it was Drysdale who once said,(paraphrasing here), "You can have one side of the plate, and I'll take the other--but I'm not telling you which side is mine."

As far as the pitch counts go, I don't get that stuff, either. Would Gibson, Marichal, Koufax or any of the others of that era put up with being taken out because they'd thrown 100-110 pitches? I don't think so.
Gibson, in particular would have taken yer head off.

Baseball's still a great game-maybe I'm just stuck in the past.
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

B-long wrote:
<quoted text>All of the comments I've seen here on baseball are spot on.
May I add a couple more-lousy umpires irritate me, especially those with an attitude of superiority-(Angel Hernandez wouldn't even make a good Little League umpire), and the inability of the pitcher to be able to throw inside without having a stare-off between he and the batter.
I think it was Drysdale who once said,(paraphrasing here), "You can have one side of the plate, and I'll take the other--but I'm not telling you which side is mine."
As far as the pitch counts go, I don't get that stuff, either. Would Gibson, Marichal, Koufax or any of the others of that era put up with being taken out because they'd thrown 100-110 pitches? I don't think so.
Gibson, in particular would have taken yer head off.
Baseball's still a great game-maybe I'm just stuck in the past.
If you are stuck in the past, save me a seat in your section.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Joe Fryday wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are stuck in the past, save me a seat in your section.
Will be in Anaheim Stadium tomorrow night ( Tues.) about 4 rows up from field down the 3rd base line
( far ) and if there's an extra seat, you got it !

On a little vacation during g-son's baseball tourney in Southern Ca. Disneyland was a fun day also.{ been a while }
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die ---

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

x-pitcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Will be in Anaheim Stadium tomorrow night ( Tues.) about 4 rows up from field down the 3rd base line
( far ) and if there's an extra seat, you got it !
On a little vacation during g-son's baseball tourney in Southern Ca. Disneyland was a fun day also.{ been a while }
Excellent report !! Glad u r having a special time. I'll be there in spirit rooting for the normal size guys !! Take the old mitt for a foul ball.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

x-pitcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Shane, come back !
I'm baaaaaaaaaack, Xman!!! I don't have trivia questions and can't answer any, but I'm back!!!=)
Joe Fryday

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm baaaaaaaaaack, Xman!!! I don't have trivia questions and can't answer any, but I'm back!!!=)
Good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Joe Fryday wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Well, thank ya Joe and here we go!

Which Pope died in 1978 after a mere 33 days in office?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Jeffrey Hunter was the lead in the original pilot for which successful series?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Which book did Mark Chapman read while waiting to be arrested after the murder of John Lennon?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

John F. Kennedy was one of how many children?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Who was boxing's heavyweight champion throughout the 40s?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Who recorded the album Stranger In Town?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Which of the Beatles was the first to be widowed?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Who wrote that "the female of the species is deadlier than the male?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Who called her autobiography Stand 'by Your Man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

871 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min Al Capone 3,952
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min WildWeirdWillie 172,363
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 13 min HK Mahesh 494
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Dave Nelson 224,161
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Charlie Sheen 256,480
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Truths 599,077
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min gort 720,458
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min marge 532,702
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 56 min USA-1 115,060
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••