Stupid

Other...explain

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Kenzieee

Baltimore, MD

#1 Oct 28, 2007
I think they are just skeptics. I was athiest for a LONG time because I had no faith in anything, but them I encountered something COMPLETLY paranormal and I developed my own unique beliefes.

[email protected] il.com”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 28, 2007
Atheists are People. No more no less than any other.
Mel

Flossmoor, IL

#3 Oct 28, 2007
Kenzieee wrote:
I think they are just skeptics. I was athiest for a LONG time because I had no faith in anything, but them I encountered something COMPLETLY paranormal and I developed my own unique beliefes.
Would you like to explain what the paranormal was?

“The Evil Parallel Universe”

Since: May 07

Terran Empire

#4 Oct 28, 2007
Immune to most brainwashing techniques .

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 28, 2007
Is an atheist anything like a baptist?

“Evolution of Consciousness”

Since: Jul 07

Monkey Shines

#6 Oct 28, 2007
** AFRAID OF THIS THREAD?!?(below)**

Would love your thoughts...

Please Feel free to join me in discussion of this evidence and/or argument for the existence of God!

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T4NBKOT ...

Peace!~
sophi

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 28, 2007
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
** AFRAID OF THIS THREAD?!?(below)**
Would love your thoughts...
Please Feel free to join me in discussion of this evidence and/or argument for the existence of God!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T4NBKOT ...
Peace!~
did the thread die?
Steve

Glen Burnie, MD

#8 Oct 29, 2007
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Is an atheist anything like a baptist?
Yes, but without the singing
Steve

Glen Burnie, MD

#9 Oct 29, 2007
sophi wrote:
<quoted text> did the thread die?
Not sure, dangerous subject though.
Kenzieee

Baltimore, MD

#10 Oct 29, 2007
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to explain what the paranormal was?
It's a long story. But long story short, while we were in pennsylvania, my son escaped certain death on a ATV, without so much as a scratch on him. And two years later,(he's 5 now), he perfectly described a Union Civil War soldier as the guy who saved him.

Sounds stupid, but I believe it.
Mel

Flossmoor, IL

#11 Oct 29, 2007
Kenzieee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a long story. But long story short, while we were in pennsylvania, my son escaped certain death on a ATV, without so much as a scratch on him. And two years later,(he's 5 now), he perfectly described a Union Civil War soldier as the guy who saved him.
Sounds stupid, but I believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. thanks

Monkey Shines

#12 Oct 29, 2007
sophi wrote:
<quoted text> did the thread die?
nah, there have been some very good comments, but none really refuting the argument yet.

Monkey Shines

#13 Oct 29, 2007
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure, dangerous subject though.
Have no fear, Steve, for I am not afraid!

[Notices X-n-trik standning there tapping toe...]

Oh, hiya, X-man!... Didn't see ya' there... hehe ... so mind if I borrow that phrase? he-he...
stefano

Rozzano, Italy

#14 Oct 29, 2007
beachball wrote:
Immune to most brainwashing techniques .
Agree

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#15 Oct 29, 2007
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no fear, Steve, for I am not afraid!
[Notices X-n-trik standning there tapping toe...]
Oh, hiya, X-man!... Didn't see ya' there... hehe ... so mind if I borrow that phrase? he-he...
Anything of mine is yours, mi amigo.
Yukon Jack

Mission, KS

#16 Oct 29, 2007
There are a lot of things about religion I do not understand nor believe and I have asked my co worker who is a minister and my brother in law who in EXTREMLY religious and niether of them can give me a plausable answer to any of my questions.Sometimes I would like to believe but can I really believe if deep down I am still skeptical.I do believe it has to be all or none.One of my co-workers favorite sayings is "wouldnt you rather believe and be right than not to believe and be wrong?"I still cant bring myself to believe.So many different religions,so many different beliefs,who's religion is the right religion?

“</liberalism>”

Since: Jun 07

The United States of America!

#17 Oct 29, 2007
What a Judge !!!!

In Florida, an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.
The case was brought before a wise judge. After listening to the long passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared 'Case dismissed!'

The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said,'Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah... yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!'

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said,'Obviously your client is too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheists' holiday!'

The lawyer pompously said,'Your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, your Honor?'

The judge said,'Well it comes every year on exactly the same date - April 1st! Since our calendar sets April 1st as ' April Fools' Day', consider that Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53 state,'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'

Therefore, in my opinion, if your client says there is no God, then by scripture he is a fool, thus April 1st is his holiday!'

</liberalism>
NORMAND winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 Oct 29, 2007
Exrea wrote:
What a Judge !!!!
In Florida, an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.
The case was brought before a wise judge. After listening to the long passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared 'Case dismissed!'
The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said,'Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah... yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!'
The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said,'Obviously your client is too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheists' holiday!'
The lawyer pompously said,'Your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, your Honor?'
The judge said,'Well it comes every year on exactly the same date - April 1st! Since our calendar sets April 1st as ' April Fools' Day', consider that Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53 state,'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'
Therefore, in my opinion, if your client says there is no God, then by scripture he is a fool, thus April 1st is his holiday!'
</liberalism>
--- EXREA, VERY GOOD AND YOU LOOK "CUTE" THANKYOU FROM A TRUE CHILD OF GOD.LOL
stefano

Rozzano, Italy

#19 Oct 29, 2007
Yukon Jack wrote:
There are a lot of things about religion I do not understand nor believe and I have asked my co worker who is a minister and my brother in law who in EXTREMLY religious and niether of them can give me a plausable answer to any of my questions.Sometimes I would like to believe but can I really believe if deep down I am still skeptical.I do believe it has to be all or none.One of my co-workers favorite sayings is "wouldnt you rather believe and be right than not to believe and be wrong?"I still cant bring myself to believe.So many different religions,so many different beliefs,who's religion is the right religion?
Its the same.People change names,but in the end if you want to believe you can call it whatever you want.God,Dio,On,Theos,Allah,Ja hweh,Jehovah,in many languages have a name.In the end its the same.
If you want to believe in something,and you think that there is another life after this one,do it like your father,mother,sister,brother.I f you are a free spirit don t mind.Live your life.
Because you have only 70-80-90 years here.
god is IMAGINARY friend

Edmonton, Canada

#20 Oct 29, 2007
Yukon Jack wrote:
One of my co-workers favorite sayings is "wouldnt you rather believe and be right than not to believe and be wrong?"I still cant bring myself to believe.
yeah ..pascals wager is a suckers bet

http://www.jhuger.com/pascal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ImPeach 26,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,891
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 985,719
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 29 min Corvus 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,453
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 2 hr My Comment 5
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 2 hr Television Engineer 5
More from around the web