Roberta G

United States

#181634 Aug 28, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh..
Is there any hope?
Honestly, who available, can lead the USA today?
Who will ever be able to get the opposite party to work w
Him or her for the better of our country?
Nothing but echoes in the halls...
Not one.
Fear not, Le le :) TRUE leaders, the ones we call "great leaders." tend to emerge when they're needed most. They don't leap out and yell "Don't worry! I'm here now, and everything's gonna be okay!" True leaders tend to be REVEALED, little by little, as time and circumstances dictate. Above all, they step up to the plate, even when all seems lost and everyone is scared. The true leaders are scared too, but THEY DON'T GIVE UP. They step up anyway.

You might ask me for examples. Okay, I'll give you some: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Mohandas K. Gandhi, and King George VI of Great Britain. I could probably think of others, but I haven't got all day :)
Roberta G

United States

#181635 Aug 28, 2014
ditched wrote:
<quoted text>well thanks to that clever majority for supporting cheney/bush
for securing peace and stability for nearly 14 years in western europe and the ultra peaceful middle east.
How come it never occurs to you drive-by posters that the name of the thread is ONLY a name by now? This thread has been running for seven years.
ditched

Barbourville, KY

#181636 Aug 28, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
How come it never occurs to you drive-by posters that the name of the thread is ONLY a name by now? This thread has been running for seven years.
don't you wish you can say the same about the rightwing neo-cons global destabilization?that it was old history too?
or just a name of a past distant episode of many a failed policies? or do you still choose to keep your head in the sand to forget the reality of consequences that you did not even want to dare to imagine?
does that occur to you?
so keep pretending that this just recently materialized...
you guy aren't cognizant enough to learn from past failure anyway...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181637 Aug 28, 2014
ditched wrote:
<quoted text>well thanks to that clever majority for supporting cheney/bush
for securing peace and stability for nearly 14 years in western europe and the ultra peaceful middle east.
Your point? If there is one besides taking shots .

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181638 Aug 28, 2014
ditched wrote:
<quoted text>don't you wish you can say the same about the rightwing neo-cons global destabilization?that it was old history too?
or just a name of a past distant episode of many a failed policies? or do you still choose to keep your head in the sand to forget the reality of consequences that you did not even want to dare to imagine?
does that occur to you?
so keep pretending that this just recently materialized...
you guy aren't cognizant enough to learn from past failure anyway...
I will give you a clue,we have heard from enough malcontent know it alls utilizing the very tired old labels like "right wing neocons" to know who to ignore. Be on your way gasbag, your tune is an old one.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181639 Aug 28, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Regarding the Presidency ... not a snowballs chance in hell!
That's what I thought of Obama's odds back then.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#181640 Aug 28, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not, Le le :) TRUE leaders, the ones we call "great leaders." tend to emerge when they're needed most. They don't leap out and yell "Don't worry! I'm here now, and everything's gonna be okay!" True leaders tend to be REVEALED, little by little, as time and circumstances dictate. Above all, they step up to the plate, even when all seems lost and everyone is scared. The true leaders are scared too, but THEY DON'T GIVE UP. They step up anyway.
You might ask me for examples. Okay, I'll give you some: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Mohandas K. Gandhi, and King George VI of Great Britain. I could probably think of others, but I haven't got all day :)
Bingo. When I was in choir we had a few select people that were on the lead team. Once a younger guy felt that he was to be in that position and informed our Choir dir. He said if the Lord showed him that he'd know. Never happened and the guy quit in disgust. Leaders, the good ones don't seek it.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#181641 Aug 28, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought of Obama's odds back then.
Reminds me of Clinton back in the day. Most didn't see him as potus either early on. Still seeing cars here that state 'Ready for Hillary" What I note is usually the car I see this message on is new and quite expensive. Party for the working man indeed.
Roberta G

United States

#181642 Aug 28, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo. When I was in choir we had a few select people that were on the lead team. Once a younger guy felt that he was to be in that position and informed our Choir dir. He said if the Lord showed him that he'd know. Never happened and the guy quit in disgust. Leaders, the good ones don't seek it.
I agree :) They tend to find themselves, almost by accident, in the right place at the right time. Shakespeare had a line from "TWELFTH NIGHT," I think, "Some seek greatness, others have GREATNESS THRUST UPON THEM." Which speaks to another quality true leaders have: they put the good of others ahead of their own. Not in the sense of wanting to rule OVER others, "for the greater good," but to enable them to rule themselves.

Dr. Martin Luther King was another one that occurred to me, and two FICTIONAL heroes that have those qualities: Harry Potter and Captain John Sheridan, the lead character of "BABYLON 5."
Roberta G

United States

#181643 Aug 28, 2014
Now then, can anyone give me a bit of help here? It seems topix simply won't let me change my email address and/or password, without re-registering, which would reset my post count at zero. Granted, having my post count reset at zero is not exactly worth losing sleep over, but I kind of liked seeing it mount up! And the email address I registered under, and have been unable to change, is one I haven't used in at least 5 YEARS. I've tried to change it to my current one, and haven't been able to. Anyone got any suggestions for me?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181644 Aug 28, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
Now then, can anyone give me a bit of help here? It seems topix simply won't let me change my email address and/or password, without re-registering, which would reset my post count at zero. Granted, having my post count reset at zero is not exactly worth losing sleep over, but I kind of liked seeing it mount up! And the email address I registered under, and have been unable to change, is one I haven't used in at least 5 YEARS. I've tried to change it to my current one, and haven't been able to. Anyone got any suggestions for me?
Only 2 things I can think of. Email topix admin and see if they'll make the changes for you, or
go back and find your last log-in post, write down the "member since" date & post count, then put them in your new preferences headliners.

You simply add the 2 counts together, and you also have the original join date, so folks can see you aren't a NEWBIE!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........hahh hhh
Roberta G

United States

#181645 Aug 28, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 2 things I can think of. Email topix admin and see if they'll make the changes for you, or
go back and find your last log-in post, write down the "member since" date & post count, then put them in your new preferences headliners.
You simply add the 2 counts together, and you also have the original join date, so folks can see you aren't a NEWBIE!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........hahh hhh
Since I tried the first suggestion way back when and never got so much as an automated reply, I'll go with your second idea. And by the way, I think that's a TERRIFIC idea! Thanks, BB :)
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181647 Aug 29, 2014
For those of us who’ve been raising alarms about both the jihadist threat and the national-security vulnerability created by the Obama administration’s non-enforcement of the immigration laws, this is not a surprise — particularly less than two weeks before September 11. But it is nonetheless jarring to read. Judicial Watch has just put out this statement:

Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source.“It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.

The disturbing inside intelligence comes on the heels of news reports revealing that U.S. intelligence has picked up increased chatter among Islamist terror networks approaching the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. While these terrorists reportedly plan their attack just outside the U.S., President Obama admits that “we don’t have a strategy yet” to combat ISIS.“I don’t want to put the cart before the horse,” the commander-in-chief said this week during a White House press briefing.“I think what I’ve seen in some of the news reports suggest that folks are getting a little further ahead of what we’re at than what we currently are.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/386694/j...
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181648 Aug 29, 2014
Its so good to know that the world is safer and more stable right now.

Motorist With ISIS Flag Makes Bomb Threat Against Police

(STMW)– A man who had an ISIS flag waving from his vehicle is facing several charges after he threatened police with a bomb Wednesday morning when he was pulled over on the Southwest Side.

At the same time the geniuses in the Fed government yet again waned of right wing nuts that are a danger. Uh yea.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/08/28/motori...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/29/th...

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181649 Aug 29, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
For those of us who’ve been raising alarms about both the jihadist threat and the national-security vulnerability created by the Obama administration’s non-enforcement of the immigration laws, this is not a surprise — particularly less than two weeks before September 11. But it is nonetheless jarring to read. Judicial Watch has just put out this statement:
Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.
Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.
Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source.“It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.
The disturbing inside intelligence comes on the heels of news reports revealing that U.S. intelligence has picked up increased chatter among Islamist terror networks approaching the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. While these terrorists reportedly plan their attack just outside the U.S., President Obama admits that “we don’t have a strategy yet” to combat ISIS.“I don’t want to put the cart before the horse,” the commander-in-chief said this week during a White House press briefing.“I think what I’ve seen in some of the news reports suggest that folks are getting a little further ahead of what we’re at than what we currently are.”
Good article.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181650 Aug 29, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Its so good to know that the world is safer and more stable right now.
Motorist With ISIS Flag Makes Bomb Threat Against Police
(STMW)– A man who had an ISIS flag waving from his vehicle is facing several charges after he threatened police with a bomb Wednesday morning when he was pulled over on the Southwest Side.
At the same time the geniuses in the Fed government yet again waned of right wing nuts that are a danger. Uh yea.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/08/28/motori...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/29/th...
The world is a safer place because Nancy Pelosi is in it. LOL!!!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181651 Aug 29, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Yep. I'm sick to death of Obama and his pacifying attitude not only toward radical Islamic terrorists, but Putin's blatant aggression in Ukraine. Putin should'a been confronted immediately when he annexed the Crimean Penninsula (IMO).

Unfortunately, it looks like it will take an attack somewhere, b4 Obama finally "gets it. But with the people he has around him, even that's no guarantee. I think Joe Biden would do a better job.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#181652 Aug 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I'm sick to death of Obama and his pacifying attitude not only toward radical Islamic terrorists, but Putin's blatant aggression in Ukraine. Putin should'a been confronted immediately when he annexed the Crimean Penninsula (IMO).
Unfortunately, it looks like it will take an attack somewhere, b4 Obama finally "gets it. But with the people he has around him, even that's no guarantee. I think Joe Biden would do a better job.
Yep. The only time I've heard any lib even admit parts of Islam are the problem here they can't do it without invoking a nut that blows up an abortion clinic which isn't too different from the fbi info I linked to earlier. I've got to think if this info is valid and I don't think National Review would put it out lightly this is bad. And our crazy government agreeing this situation is dire and the same day the white house saying no big deal.... I have no words for it.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#181653 Aug 29, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Good article.
She is good for laughs.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#181654 Aug 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Obama did come off the course to let us know he has no plan, then went back to the tee. The only reason Putin is doing what he's doing now is because of the pushover we have running this country. Obama won't ever get it since he's a supporter of radical islam like ISIS.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386354/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 min An NFL Fan 37,648
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min BenAdam 797,513
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 568,807
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Truths 607,275
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 28 min Grau 530
Young teenies 34 min PDX Dave 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 36 min AN NFL FAN 120,803
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 267,644
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 4 hr Fred 178
More from around the web