Bush is a hero

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181533 Aug 25, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It just seems to me that you are making fun of Chris because he questions why a group of black people attacking a group of white people because they are white people is not a hate crime. You were actually rather "mean" about it. I don't think it's a silly ..See I things should be equal all the way around.
it's not about one story - or ten.

For quite some time during the Zimmerman trial, and again now that the Brown shooting has brought a racially charged subject up, Chris starts playing Paul Revere, and alerting people to the latest 'black people behaving badly' story.

If a liberal or black poster were in the thread doing what Chris does - repeatedly bringing up the latest 'white people behaving badly' story - they'd get the same kind and gentle treatment I'm giving Chris.

That's about as equal as I know how to be, lisw. Fortunately, we don't have such a poster, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I'll wait a minute for you to stop laughing :-)

The fact that black people commit hate crimes, the fact that black children continue to be murdered, the fact that many black on black murder is an epidemic - none of that refutes the issues the Zimmerman or Brown deaths bring up.

That's where the anti-Sharpton charge comes in. Sharpton et al don't want to talk about black on black violence; Chris apparently doesn't want to talk about anything BUT that.

Again, that's about as equal as I know how to be, lisw,

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181534 Aug 25, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>it's not about one story - or ten.
For quite some time during the Zimmerman trial, and again now that the Brown shooting has brought a racially charged subject up, Chris starts playing Paul Revere, and alerting people to the latest 'black people behaving badly' story.
If a liberal or black poster were in the thread doing what Chris does - repeatedly bringing up the latest 'white people behaving badly' story - they'd get the same kind and gentle treatment I'm giving Chris.
That's about as equal as I know how to be, lisw. Fortunately, we don't have such a poster, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
I'll wait a minute for you to stop laughing :-)
The fact that black people commit hate crimes, the fact that black children continue to be murdered, the fact that many black on black murder is an epidemic - none of that refutes the issues the Zimmerman or Brown deaths bring up.
That's where the anti-Sharpton charge comes in. Sharpton et al don't want to talk about black on black violence; Chris apparently doesn't want to talk about anything BUT that.
Again, that's about as equal as I know how to be, lisw,
I wasn't talkingabout you being equal, I was talking about equal treatment under the law. That has a great deal to do with the Zimmerman and Brown cases.
Roberta G

United States

#181535 Aug 25, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
We are so very helpless.
Haven't we always been though?
Have we ever truly had a say??
( I'm speaking of the average US citizen).
Of course we have :) Most of what's good about America wouldn't exist if average citizens had nothing to say.
Roberta G

United States

#181536 Aug 25, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
I spent my life as a conservative (noun) and remain one in many ways but as time passed the essence of who I am emerged and I now identify myself as a conservative(adj) Libertarian.
Seeing the waste and failures of government repeated ad nauseum is what transformed me.
Having witnessed first hand the abuse of average people by government agencies was a turning point. The IRS and the EPA have been running wild for years.
I want the government to keep the country safe for me to carry out my business.
I don't mind contributing to infrastructure through use taxes.
I don't dispute that a safety net is needed for those less fortunate.
I don't need the government to do much else but leave me alone.
Freebird, terrific post :) I agree with nearly all of it, except the conservative Libertarian part. I'm an Independent with conservative leanings.
Clearwater

United States

#181537 Aug 26, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Auntie - oops, I mean anti-Al, popcorn is contraindicated for people in comas.
Do you get a separate email alerting you to the latest black outrage, or is that just lumped in with the rest of your daily dose?
No alerts. I just look at any news that won't get the attention of the race hustlers to prove a point. And no matter how many times you bash and say its because I'm an antisharpton I will keep at it. Since Sanford in this area alone many young blacks have been killed and those that claim the injustice needs to stop say not a word. And until the root of the problem sees some light it will never have a chance of being solved.
Clearwater

United States

#181538 Aug 26, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Freebird, terrific post :) I agree with nearly all of it, except the conservative Libertarian part. I'm an Independent with conservative leanings.
Hey Roberta. So thankful to see you and have been praying for you guys.

Lafayette IN

#181539 Aug 26, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talkingabout you being equal, I was talking about equal treatment under the law. That has a great deal to do with the Zimmerman and Brown cases.
I still don't understand why you think I "want to give a pass to the black person".

There has NEVER been a case that Chris has brought up where I have defended the actions of the alleged criminals used to keep him riled up, or suggested they were justified in doing what they did, or stated the opinion that they shouldn't be prosecuted.

Lafayette IN

#181540 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>No alerts. I just look at any news that won't get the attention of the race hustlers to prove a point. And no matter how many times you bash and say its because I'm an antisharpton I will keep at it. Since Sanford in this area alone many young blacks have been killed and those that claim the injustice needs to stop say not a word. And until the root of the problem sees some light it will never have a chance of being solved.
What is the "root of the problem", according to you?
Clearwater

United States

#181541 Aug 26, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What is the "root of the problem", according to you?
No good family unit anymore. And its a problem across the board but does hit blacks more. When you have an absent father, a mother or grandmother or older brother/sister raising a child massive crime is the result. IMO a movie made a few years ago called Courageous speaks to this issue well. I know Catcher will rip me for it as its a Christian movie made by a church but I don't care. At least some are trying to make things better.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181542 Aug 26, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well were in the same ballpark anyway.

Location hidden

#181543 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No good family unit anymore. And its a problem across the board but does hit blacks more. When you have an absent father, a mother or grandmother or older brother/sister raising a child massive crime is the result. IMO a movie made a few years ago called Courageous speaks to this issue well. I know Catcher will rip me for it as its a Christian movie made by a church but I don't care. At least some are trying to make things better.
The late former Senator from NY Daniel Moynihan a liberal democrat warned of the consequences of soaring out of wedlock births( in black community) perpetuating poverty and he was greeted with the racist label.That was decades ago. I would say he was right i his assessmnent.
Clearwater

United States

#181544 Aug 26, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The late former Senator from NY Daniel Moynihan a liberal democrat warned of the consequences of soaring out of wedlock births( in black community) perpetuating poverty and he was greeted with the racist label.That was decades ago. I would say he was right i his assessmnent.
He would be run out of town today. Look how the Governor of Mo, a dem is being treated.
Clearwater

United States

#181545 Aug 26, 2014
So Burger King is leaving the USA. Guess these loyalty oaths are a joke.

Location hidden

#181546 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
So Burger King is leaving the USA. Guess these loyalty oaths are a joke.
WHAT??
Where will I get my satisfries?

Location hidden

#181547 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay the blame where you will, but you underscore that we do have a major racial divide in our country.
And that's unfortunate.
It is what it is. It just is, period. Whether or not its unfortunate is a matter of personal preference.
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

#181548 Aug 26, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>About 20 Black Men jump two White Guys, put one in a coma, but the investigator doesn't think it was a hate crime!
Whew... that's a relief!
Political-Correctness AKA Cultural Marxism.........
Roberta G

United States

#181549 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay the blame where you will, but you underscore that we do have a major racial divide in our country.
And that's unfortunate.
Yes, it is. But it's time that black people acknowledged they have indeed contributed to that divide.
Roberta G

United States

#181550 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Roberta. So thankful to see you and have been praying for you guys.
Thank you, old friend :) We can certainly use all the prayers we can get.

I've been busy renovating our kitchen here, not to mention trying to handle my sister's soap opera life :s

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#181551 Aug 26, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. But it's time that black people acknowledged they have indeed contributed to that divide.
Boy are you ever right.

First, the black people volunteered to become slaves in the southern plantations.

Then, after the magnanimous white man gave them their freedom, the blacks accepted being 3/5 of a man.

Next, they opted to obey all the Jim Crow laws, and go to crappy segregated schools, and decline to dine in the white people's restaurants.

And they agreed they couldn't vote.

When the white man kindly told them they could vote, they refused to pay the poll taxes.

Let's not forget how they stepped forward to be lynched--that was a major contribution to the racial divide.

Yeah, you nailed it--the black people should definitely begin to accept responsibility for the racial divide and the harm it has done to our country.

Maybe the black people should now volunteer to make reparation payments to the white people they have harmed.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#181552 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you ever right.
First, the black people volunteered to become slaves in the southern plantations.
Then, after the magnanimous white man gave them their freedom, the blacks accepted being 3/5 of a man.
Next, they opted to obey all the Jim Crow laws, and go to crappy segregated schools, and decline to dine in the white people's restaurants.
And they agreed they couldn't vote.
When the white man kindly told them they could vote, they refused to pay the poll taxes.
Let's not forget how they stepped forward to be lynched--that was a major contribution to the racial divide.
Yeah, you nailed it--the black people should definitely begin to accept responsibility for the racial divide and the harm it has done to our country.
Maybe the black people should now volunteer to make reparation payments to the white people they have harmed.
Is your point that they've been treated like sh*t?
Or ... Is it they should be exempt from certain portions of Law?

We all know the history of the Negro.
We all know the history of the Africian-American.

Guess then that's not your point, eh?

And >if< it is the latter, you're gonna have a lot of explaining to do if you think that pig will fly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 865,027
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Gods r Delusions ... 599,832
The Christian Atheist debate 27 min Just pondering 2,012
alshayae 34 min atqwa 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min WasteWater 272,420
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min WasteWater 6,307
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 56 min Groped 486
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 4 hr Frannie 44
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Fri sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web