Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#181556 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
So Burger King is leaving the USA. Guess these loyalty oaths are a joke.
Shareholders don't take no oaths Chris!
You know better than that.

Location hidden

#181557 Aug 26, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Might be hard to tack that label on it. Let's just call it human behavior and let it go at that.
Hey!
What's up with all this Black Celebrity / Illuminati / Bi-sexual shi*?
Correction -
Sh*t?

Damn secretary!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#181558 Aug 26, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Care to define that 'ole "Social Contract" Hip posted about.
Wouldn't blame you if'in you didn't.
Don't blame him either.
The concept does not lend itself to a pithy definition.

If you are truly interested, I suggest you read John Locke's Second Treatise of Government, and/or some Rousseau. Our founding fathers generally adopted Locke's ideas.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181559 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept does not lend itself to a pithy definition.
If you are truly interested, I suggest you read John Locke's Second Treatise of Government, and/or some Rousseau. Our founding fathers generally adopted Locke's ideas.
What blacks dont need is people like you telling them there owed something or that they have no moral obligation to society because of how they were treated and that they are excused.

I can certainly understand how the experience would be hard to recover from, but the truth is blacks have many opportunities to succeed. There is no one holding them back but themselves.

Ben Carson told the story of how he was an angry young black man who could just as easily be sitting in a jail cell right now. He tried to stab a man and was a belt buckle away from a prison sentence. His mother made him read, and through that discovered he had choices. Now he is considered a valid POTUS candidate.

#181560 Aug 26, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just wondering. There seems to be a trend lately, where the icons very often have no obvious relation to the post. I think some of us have been at this so long, a few aren't even absorbing content any more, they're just reacting to names.
I think if you go back to origins, the bumbling police actions and stone-walling preceded the media attention. In other words, there would not have been such attention if it hadn't been for the >ongoing< litany of goofs by authorities. It was like, what if Gilligan and Jerry Lewis ran a police force? Of course the media is going to be drawn to it like moths to a flame - it was more like a tragi-comic mini-series on Netflix than a real-life story.
<quoted text>For me, that would be a tough weekly decision. Cutler has been boom or bust. But they've got an improved OL this year (on paper) and one of the finest WR tandems in the game so maybe we'll finally get to see JC do his thing. Good luck to ya.
I dont have cable so the news I get is local or on the web.

I only recently heard about the body laying in the street for hours. I heard it first from your post. Now I hear it on the news. I could be wrong, but it seems like they went from he was just a nice innocent kid theory and that has been disproven, so now they have to jump on a different wagon, so they are using the excuse they disrespected the body and the family as the reason to protest.

I have no experience with these kind of situations so I couldn't make the call if thats unusual or not. I could see if they were investigating things how they may not want to move a body. Other then that I know they protested and looted and the y sent the cops out to keep things peaceful. They have riot gear and I suppose thats what they were wearing. Certainly not a reason, in my eyes, that would escalate the problems.

Thanks for the well wishes. I wasn't gonna wait as long as I did to take a QB but I kept getting swiped on some I had rated higher. I consider myself lucky to get Cutler where I did. You snooze you lose I guess.........

#181561 Aug 26, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry Larry. In spite of what King Hoosier declares, it's a fairly common problem that has plagued this thread (and likely most other threads on Topix) from the start.
Like I told ya before, you're doin' just fine. Keep on a-truckin' P-L-E-A-S-E-!
Awe,,,,,,,Its nice to feel wanted..........

:o)

#181562 Aug 26, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>I'd settle for a "who judged it" feature.
Sure, send me through a maze of health product ads and some local news stuff before I got there but I'd still probably let my curiosity get the best of me.
However,...that would defeat the Catcher's of the world playing out "the Brave Little Tailor" routine!
;)
Health products and local news?

I keep getting Ashley Madison ads..........I wonder what that says about me and the places I've been.......

;o)

#181563 Aug 26, 2014
Hey, Roberta, welcome back............

#181564 Aug 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
So Burger King is leaving the USA. Guess these loyalty oaths are a joke.
You know when you hear of companies like GE actually getting tax refunds, the ole corporate 'were taxed to much' rings a little hollow with me..........

Location hidden

#181565 Aug 26, 2014
Inversion ...

It not fair.
It's not right.

It's legal!

Where's the beef?

Location hidden

#181566 Aug 26, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Health products and local news?
I keep getting Ashley Madison ads..........I wonder what that says about me and the places I've been.......
;o)
DOH!
Roberta G

Paris, TN

#181567 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you ever right.
First, the black people volunteered to become slaves in the southern plantations.
Then, after the magnanimous white man gave them their freedom, the blacks accepted being 3/5 of a man.
Next, they opted to obey all the Jim Crow laws, and go to crappy segregated schools, and decline to dine in the white people's restaurants.
And they agreed they couldn't vote.
When the white man kindly told them they could vote, they refused to pay the poll taxes.
Let's not forget how they stepped forward to be lynched--that was a major contribution to the racial divide.
Yeah, you nailed it--the black people should definitely begin to accept responsibility for the racial divide and the harm it has done to our country.
Maybe the black people should now volunteer to make reparation payments to the white people they have harmed.
I had a feeling that would open a can of worms.

I'll get back to you later.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181568 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you ever right.
First, the black people volunteered to become slaves in the southern plantations.
Then, after the magnanimous white man gave them their freedom, the blacks accepted being 3/5 of a man.
Next, they opted to obey all the Jim Crow laws, and go to crappy segregated schools, and decline to dine in the white people's restaurants.
When the white man kindly told them they could vote, they refused to pay the poll taxes.
Let's not forget how they stepped forward to be lynched--that was a major contribution to the racial divide.
Yeah, you nailed it--the black people should definitely begin to accept responsibility for the racial divide and the harm it has done to our country.
Maybe the black people should now volunteer to make reparation payments to the white people they have harmed.
RG is FAR from being a boy!

You miserable troll! The first time you come out and post something OTHER than stupid one-liners and Borowitz reports and you can't even get this one right!

There's no question that our ancestors committed unspeakable atrocities vs blacks in Africa.
But that was ancient history and had absolutely NO bearing whatsoever on what Roberta was trying to get across.

Gangs such as the Bloods & the Crips, 75% out-of-wedlock black childbirth, black-on-black murders, black crime rate here in the US, black unemployment, school drop-out rates for blacks.
The list is almost endless, ambulance chaser, but YOU wanna bring up the history of slaving, etc., which is NOT a viable excuse for today's African-American crisis. Geeeeeze Luise!

Attorney, my adze.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181569 Aug 26, 2014
Edit:

Should have led off with the fact that I do NOT presume to speak FOR Roberta G. Only reason I resplied at all is because the response from chaser was r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s (IMO).

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181570 Aug 26, 2014
another freaking edit:
"replied"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181571 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you ever right.
Anything to offer more recent than half a century ago?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#181572 Aug 26, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??
Where will I get my satisfries?
Should expand. They are merging with a chain in Canada and will move the corp. headquarters from Miami to up north. Doubtful any locations will close because of it. Just more proof that the more our government messes with businesses they end up with a reaction, not one they want but who can blame BK?

Safety Harbor, FL

#181573 Aug 26, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a feeling that would open a can of worms.
I'll get back to you later.
I wouldn't waste the time Roberta. He has zero interest in any reasonable dialogue. He has repeatedly called another poster a racist (lied and smeared) when she dared to discuss anything on this.

Safety Harbor, FL

#181574 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you ever right.
I almost feel bad for you. Almost. But we all reap what we sow. Carry on troll.

Safety Harbor, FL

#181575 Aug 26, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Shareholders don't take no oaths Chris!
You know better than that.
I do. But it does make me wonder... Just some of the people that actually say out loud what they dream of doing to American businesses to punish them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Too Fine 104,551
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min LAWEST100 618,274
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 280,840
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min nanoanomaly 969,778
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 20 min USA-1 38,312
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min good advice 44,257
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 50 min Osmius 37,128
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 640,985
More from around the web