Bush is a hero

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181379 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I've had enough of this subject, thanks.
No worries

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181380 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I have done that, bob.
What I haven't done is persisted for days on end.
Yes, we've ALL done that Wilson.

But for you to say "days on end" is quite a bit of an exaggeration given the possibilities and given BOTH of our checkered pasts in here.

By your leave sir, I realize Mr Hippie is your cyber pal, but I still ask you to please stay out of it.
It's an easy task to scroll past my rants no matter to whom they're addressed, correct?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#181381 Aug 23, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. As I'm sure you recall NY Dept of Enviro/Conser threatened my driver with ARREST because a cracked oil filter housing leaked a couple of gallons of diesel on a petroleum based asphalt road.If crap like that doesn't make you feel like lining them in the crosshairs nothing will. Cost me over $1000 to settle the bullsh%t claim.
I do. Its like we've lost all common sense. Of course if a truck or other vehicle has an accident where huge amounts of fuel spills, especially in a place that has many waterways something should be done. But most drivers I know have either been witness to or know a driver that's dealt with multiple agencies that go overboard and often waste money and resources for know other reason than politics over the small stuff. Your case is a perfect example and the only one that wins are the lawyers.

Safety Harbor, FL

#181382 Aug 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll understand why I have withheld any comment on the matter.
Poor thread demographics.
The knees jerk, predictably and in unison.
Says a guy that I've never once seen be off script. Carry on Mr. high and mighty.

Safety Harbor, FL

#181383 Aug 23, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
In my city, a 3 yr. old boy was just shot and killed. Al and Jessie were no-shows. The reason they were no-shows, in my opinion, is because with an incident involving the police they can easily point the finger without any repercussions, but with this little boy, the blacks have to point the finger at themselves and they don't have the guts to do that, unless you're someone like Bill Cosby and then you'll receive death threats and you'll be vilified as a traitor.
Everyone knows the name Trayvon Martin. How many know of Brandon Matthews? Btw this is just a random search from my local news here. One any given week most murders here or Chicago or pick you favorite American town mean nothing and that is the problem.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#181384 Aug 23, 2014
Finally! Chicago wins the Wold Series.

The Little League World Series - US Finals, that is.

Congratulations to Jackie Robinson West.

They go on tomorrow to face the International Finals champs from South Korea, 2pm CST on ABC.
Lost In Transition

United States

#181385 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
Finally! Chicago wins the Wold Series.
The Little League World Series - US Finals, that is.
Congratulations to Jackie Robinson West.
They go on tomorrow to face the International Finals champs from South Korea, 2pm CST on ABC.
I've been watching them whipper-snappers since the regionals, picked the 2 teams that eventually made it into the US finals. Thought Nevada's pitching would beat Chicago's hitting.... thought wrong. Hopefully Korea is out of pitchers, and we get a good old fashioned slug-fest.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181386 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong yet again.
No, I have not been blaming the police. No, I have not been excusing the rioters. It seems that's what you WANT me (or someone else to do), but I can't accommodate you on that.
Nobody but the rioters is responsible for their acts. They are criminal acts. They are not protests or civil disobedience or any of that.
What I have said - and you don't agree, or don't think I'm being honest, or just flat out don't understand - is that this is not an either/or situation. I have faulted police and city government officials for actions that increased the tensions before the rioting broke out - and that's all I've done.
Now, in a different (not Topix) venue I expressed the opinion that Ferguson officials seemed to work against their own best interests before the violence broke out - and was called a cop hater. expressed the opinion that looting and arson are not protests or civil disobedience - and was told I was a protofascist.
(Had to look that one up.)
I've about had it up to HERE with the Sharptons and the antiSharptons alike.
Ok, Thats not what i was reading but OK.....
UidiotRacemakeWo rldpeace

United States

#181387 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>show me
DROP my pant!
Mahhaahahaaaa
UidiotRacemakeWo rldpeace

United States

#181388 Aug 23, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a guy that I've never once seen be off script. Carry on Mr. high and mighty.
U Such MR low and hellish way should be ignored! Mwhahahahahaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181389 Aug 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But for you to say "days on end" is quite a bit of an exaggeration given the possibilities and given BOTH of our checkered pasts in here.
By your leave sir, I realize Mr Hippie is your cyber pal, but I still ask you to please stay out of it.
It's an easy task to scroll past my rants no matter to whom they're addressed, correct?
I don't think it is an exaggeration of any kind, bob, and since both Hip and you have put me in this conversation, I think I'll decline to grant my leave just yet.

In this case Hip and Catcher were right. It was downright silly of me to think there'd be a discussion of this case that amounted to more than the waste it's been.

#181390 Aug 23, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely!! Brand who gave us this gem: MSNBC is "very conservative".
LOL......

“The future begins”

every moment

#181391 Aug 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he "stay out of it" when you cited him specifically by name?

What you are indisposed to recognize is that for days on end the man has stated a simple position relative to the bumbling police handling of the event which inflamed an already tense situation. He has spent the remainder of the time back-tracking and side-winding to defend assumptions that had no basis in his simple >written< position.

I finally offered a couple points this morning, and was met by more of the same. It's not "opinion" on the topic, it's assumption of the writer's "real" intent.

And No, we don't "all do it since Sept 2007". It is the exclusive domain of a determined few more invested in fog than fact, side-scrabbling over progression, assignation rather than information.

Peace officers in general are faced with a tough assignment daily. Not only do they have to deal with the dregs of society but the budget-slashing of bureaucrats, pinched by the current "no taxes" mentality of society. They deserve respect AND appreciation, not in words but in real material support (read "equipment and pay"). I personally have had the privilege of working with some fine officers over my career, and I can name perhaps three in all that time that were sub-par. But it does happen.

Because they're not supermen. They have the same flaws as the rest of humanity. There were numerous mistakes made in Ferguson which made the situation worse than it might have been otherwise. We cannot condone it or excuse it, or there's no incentive to fix it.

This does not condemn cops. This does not excuse rioting. I've always wondered why they riot and end up only destroying their own community. But to pretend that everyone protesting was also rioting is an exercise in determined ignorance.

#181392 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I give Willie credit for trying, but this is exactly why I knew it'd be impossible to have this conversation in this room.
What BB said..........

#181393 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it is an exaggeration of any kind, bob, and since both Hip and you have put me in this conversation, I think I'll decline to grant my leave just yet.
In this case Hip and Catcher were right. It was downright silly of me to think there'd be a discussion of this case that amounted to more than the waste it's been.
I disagree, imagine that.

While I disagree with your perspective it was interesting reading it.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181394 Aug 23, 2014
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching them whipper-snappers since the regionals, picked the 2 teams that eventually made it into the US finals. Thought Nevada's pitching would beat Chicago's hitting.... thought wrong. Hopefully Korea is out of pitchers, and we get a good old fashioned slug-fest.
Of course I thought Chicago would make it, but because of their proven hitting, not just because they're the regional fav. But I expected Pennsylvania to advance UNTIL they started getting all the media attention. That's just too much pressure for a 12-13 yr old kid, SI cover curse notwithstanding. Pitchers already have a big load, and the added pressure got to 'em, as I think it did Nevada.

Did you notice the crumbling start in the 5th inning? I mean, they had the lead. If you've ever played or coached youth ball, you surely got that Uh-Oh feeling after that kid walked his first batter. He had just struck out the previous batter, but after one walk he was obviously stressing out about it. The other kids pick up on it, which you could also see on the second baseman's face, and it's a down-hill train that's hard to stop.

I'm sure it hurts, but I hope the coach makes them realize that they made it one step below the top of an enormous pyramid, comprised of thousands of players in leagues across the nation. It's a heck of an accomplishment, and I hope they all use this as a leaping off point for a good life.

Great series, great game.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181395 Aug 23, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What BB said..........
I hope you read EVERYthing BB said.....

Why did you assume positions that weren't written? Why didn't you ask instead? I'm really interested, why people do that.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181396 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it is an exaggeration of any kind, bob, and since both Hip and you have put me in this conversation, I think I'll decline to grant my leave just yet.
First, I say it's a gross exaggeration b/c it's only been a day & a half that ricky told me to "stop whining or stay on the porch", like an old dog. Sorry, but I take offense to that reference.

Second, I only referred to you in a COMPARATIVE sense
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were right, but only by coming in the back door. Look, it's fairly simple. You cannot expect EVERYone in here to post back & forth without making errors, and assigning "wrongful positions" on occasion. We've already agreed that most all in here are guilty of that. People that are NOT news junkies like you (and ricky) may have various other items racing thru their minds during post time (pun intended). State the correction and move on (IMO). If it occurs again, restate the correction. After that, the poster is not worth the trouble (IMO).

And there are others (like me) that are sick to death of the Ferguson story. The freaking media
has chosen to cover this thing as if there's nothing else happening in the world. I feel quite capable of going a few rounds (acceptable to you) on this story, but I refuse b/c as I said above, I'm sick of it.

And BTW, if YOU wanna legitimize the ambulance chaser as a credible regular poster in here, yer on yer own. Other than a few "clever" one liners directed mostly at Lyndi, an outlet for Borowitz, and a frequent text log of his global excursions, etc., he generally contributes NOTHING of topic to this thread.

#181397 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you read EVERYthing BB said.....
Why did you assume positions that weren't written? Why didn't you ask instead? I'm really interested, why people do that.
How about I thought I understood what he was saying.........

For the record, I have seen his posts explaining his position. He eventually made himself clear. I was just saying I, much like everyone else here misunderstood his original post(s). I'll also add i disagree with him, but not totally. I think the media is far more responsible then the 'Heat'.........

Did my fantasy draft today, Cutler is my QB and Martellus Bennett my backup TE.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181398 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he "stay out of it" when you cited him specifically by name?
Yes, and as I just told Wilmer, it was only a comparative reference After that, YOU chose to leave your ignore mode, because YOU were in the mood to give it a go, remember? The personal crap is between you & I ricky. THAT's why I asked him to stay out of it. Unless of course you need him for your "support".
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are indisposed to recognize is that for days on end the man has stated a simple position relative to the bumbling police handling of the event which inflamed an already tense situation. He has spent the remainder of the time back-tracking and side-winding to defend assumptions that had no basis in his simple >written< position.
I finally offered a couple points this morning, and was met by more of the same. It's not "opinion" on the topic, it's assumption of the writer's "real" intent.
Arrogant statement. Because I chose NOT to enter the discussions on Ferguson, I'm "indisposed to recognize.......". Who died and made YOU the debate referee?

As I also said to Wilbur, I feel quite capable of conversing with him or anyone else about the shooting of Brown in Ferguson. I refused because it's being beaten to death by the entire media.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
And No, we don't "all do it since Sept 2007". It is the exclusive domain of a determined few more invested in fog than fact, side-scrabbling over progression, assignation rather than information.
Hog wash. I've been reading in here almost daily since the beginning of this thread, and the
problem you described happened all the time. It's not an ideological issue. I've seen BOTH sides do it.

Now YOU yourself may be ABOVE the main crowd of posters I was describing, but then you ARE the self-appointed MIS-information CZAR, so it would not be unusual to believe you are incapable of such crass behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min The Doctor 70,514
crossdressing on skype. (Apr '15) 23 min RoyalKitten 7
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 32 min Johnny 4,958
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Thinking 658,520
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Cyber Crime Inves... 618,844
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min Demon Finder 18,773
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min Aussie Kev 3,018
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 974,679
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Blink 282,934
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web