Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181349 Aug 23, 2014
LECTURE--part 2:
HipGnosis wrote:
In comparing situations and responses in potentially volatile situations,
I can't help but recall an iconic photograph of an armed militia member, lying in a prone sniper position, training a scoped rifle through a gap in an overpass abutment at federal authorities at the Bundy ranch a few short months ago.
These people were also protesting what they perceived as an overbearing government response to a lawbreaker.
No one was shot, no one was even arrested.
Yet these "outside protestors" were championed by many as patriots exercising their right to gather (peacefully?), to protest, and to seek redress of grievances.
And this was over a herd of cows.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181350 Aug 23, 2014
LECTURE--part 3:
HipGnosis wrote:
Is the militarization of our police forces really that surprising?
In a nation of 370 million, where every citizen potentially has the right to not only carry a weapon, but conceal the carrying of that weapon? Where it is argued, on constitutional grounds, that there should be virtually no limit to the size of personal armament? Where every adult is argued to be a potential "citizen soldier"?
Is it that surprising that those authorities tasked with maintaining peace and order should be capable to meet any and all force they might reasonably encounter, with equal or greater force?
Welcome to the total police state.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181351 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Vf22Bhn5lZUXX
SIDE NOTE: Gotta be in LA all day Monday, & that should give ye plenty 'O time to craft another
one of yer multi-paragraph tomes. Or ye can keep sendin' out vids to speak for you.

Oh, almost forgot the "ignore mode" option, ricky.(probably better skip that one, hippie).

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#181352 Aug 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S yer response ricky?
He11, any cowardly schmuck can hide behind the wall and send out cheap-shot videos.
If "Turtles & Whores" was seen by yourself as a "cheap-shot video", you musta felt spanked a heckuva lot harder than intended. Duly noted, tender-ass.

Looked to me like the video was just as substantial as your silly reply. Check that - silly replies. Now go pad your post count with more spammish one-liners. You be you, bobby. You be you.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181353 Aug 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
LECTURE--part 3:
<quoted text>
Remember this series of insightful replies next time bobby whines that nobody posts anything topical for discussion. Classic bobby bein' "bad", lest anyone forget his facade.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181354 Aug 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
SIDE NOTE: Gotta be in LA all day Monday, & that should give ye plenty 'O time to craft another
one of yer multi-paragraph tomes. Or ye can keep sendin' out vids to speak for you.
Oh, almost forgot the "ignore mode" option, ricky.(probably better skip that one, hippie).
I ignore particular foolishness by ignoring it, bobby.

Declaring an "Ignore Mode" is for posers who crave people to see that they are ignoring someone, when they're obviously not ignoring at all.

Now, who is it that is known for publicly declaring "Ignore Mode On" and "Ignore Mode Off"?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181355 Aug 23, 2014
geez, are we going to star having to see the introductory pictures on topix of all the links people post. So much for ignoring dumb links.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181356 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
Is the militarization of our police forces really that surprising?
In a nation of 370 million, where every citizen potentially has the right to not only carry a weapon, but conceal the carrying of that weapon? Where it is argued, on constitutional grounds, that there should be virtually no limit to the size of personal armament? Where every adult is argued to be a potential "citizen soldier"?
Is it that surprising that those authorities tasked with maintaining peace and order should be capable to meet any and all force they might reasonably encounter, with equal or greater force?
Welcome to the total police state.
So is your solution to avoiding a total police state to convince the citizenry to voluntarily disarm themselves or abolshing the 2nd amend if need be? In the hope that will create a less threatening atmosphere where LE won't need to be a paramilitary agency.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181357 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>If "Turtles & Whores" was seen by yourself as a "cheap-shot video", you musta felt spanked a heckuva lot harder than intended. Duly noted, tender-ass.
Looked to me like the video was just as substantial as your silly reply. Check that - silly replies. Now go pad your post count with more spammish one-liners. You be you, bobby. You be you.
Heh heh heh, much better hippie, we're gettin' there. But I won't be handin' out ceegars just yet.

Did'ja bring yer hammer Max? My daughter must've borrowed me titanium WAM, but I got the original WAM to use for now.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181358 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now, who is it that is known for publicly declaring "Ignore Mode On" and "Ignore Mode Off"?
Oooooooh another cheap shot, wickie.

Yeah I was one of a few, switching that mode on & off. But you conveniently omitted a nagging
"fact" you so incessantly rail about. It was about 3-4 YEARS ago when ETC was on his "Impeach Bush" crusade. Can't find anything more RECENT, genius?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181359 Aug 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Why would you think any of us care what Russell Brand thinks?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181360 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You got me making an excuse for the rioters from what I said?
Do me a favor. Point to something I've said that excused the rioters. Just one will do.
You've been blaming the police. By default you excuse the rioters. They (police) caused it, their to blame.

Right?

Location hidden

#181361 Aug 23, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think any of us care what Russell Brand thinks?
Precisely!! Brand who gave us this gem: MSNBC is "very conservative".

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181362 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
You've been blaming the police. By default you excuse the rioters. They (police) caused it, their to blame.
Right?
Wrong yet again.

No, I have not been blaming the police. No, I have not been excusing the rioters. It seems that's what you WANT me (or someone else to do), but I can't accommodate you on that.

Nobody but the rioters is responsible for their acts. They are criminal acts. They are not protests or civil disobedience or any of that.

What I have said - and you don't agree, or don't think I'm being honest, or just flat out don't understand - is that this is not an either/or situation. I have faulted police and city government officials for actions that increased the tensions before the rioting broke out - and that's all I've done.

Now, in a different (not Topix) venue I expressed the opinion that Ferguson officials seemed to work against their own best interests before the violence broke out - and was called a cop hater. expressed the opinion that looting and arson are not protests or civil disobedience - and was told I was a protofascist.

(Had to look that one up.)

I've about had it up to HERE with the Sharptons and the antiSharptons alike.
HipGnozizzz

Williamsfield, IL

#181363 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Right?
I give Willie credit for trying, but this is exactly why I knew it'd be impossible to have this conversation in this room.

Location hidden

#181364 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong yet again.
No, I have not been blaming the police. No, I have not been excusing the rioters. It seems that's what you WANT me (or someone else to do), but I can't accommodate you on that.
Nobody but the rioters is responsible for their acts. They are criminal acts. They are not protests or civil disobedience or any of that.
What I have said - and you don't agree, or don't think I'm being honest, or just flat out don't understand - is that this is not an either/or situation. I have faulted police and city government officials for actions that increased the tensions before the rioting broke out - and that's all I've done.
Now, in a different (not Topix) venue I expressed the opinion that Ferguson officials seemed to work against their own best interests before the violence broke out - and was called a cop hater. expressed the opinion that looting and arson are not protests or civil disobedience - and was told I was a protofascist.
It is an either/or situation for ideologues.
What actions or lack of action do you blame the authorities for that helped create the problem in the aftermath of the shooting?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#181365 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
In comparing situations and responses in potentially volatile situations,
I can't help but recall an iconic photograph of an armed militia member, lying in a prone sniper position, training a scoped rifle through a gap in an overpass abutment at federal authorities at the Bundy ranch a few short months ago.
These people were also protesting what they perceived as an overbearing government response to a lawbreaker.
No one was shot, no one was even arrested.
Yet these "outside protestors" were championed by many as patriots exercising their right to gather (peacefully?), to protest, and to seek redress of grievances.
And this was over a herd of cows.
By who? Anyone of the regs here on the right or center championen them? I did post quite a few times I pray nothing happened and felt those going into from outside while perhaps upset at an out of control government were in the wrong. If memory serves Sister what's her name chimed in with her usual crap mocking it. In other words saying I really hoped something did happen. To this day I think we can count it good that as you say nothing happened but to be fair it wasn't only over cows. I think the rancher is in the wrong but also think the overblown attitude of government, usually at the fed level is sick. In these parts its now sop when any commercial truck has an accident to go way overboard with response and if a bit of fuel spills shut a major road down.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181366 Aug 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong yet again.
In my city, a 3 yr. old boy was just shot and killed. Al and Jessie were no-shows. The reason they were no-shows, in my opinion, is because with an incident involving the police they can easily point the finger without any repercussions, but with this little boy, the blacks have to point the finger at themselves and they don't have the guts to do that, unless you're someone like Bill Cosby and then you'll receive death threats and you'll be vilified as a traitor.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181367 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I give Willie credit for trying, but this is exactly why I knew it'd be impossible to have this conversation in this room.
Come on, Hip. It's just about giving your opinion. I think you're looking at it as a win/lose situation.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#181368 Aug 23, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I give Willie credit for trying, but this is exactly why I knew it'd be impossible to have this conversation in this room.
I tend to agree. Waste of time and while I thought I'd try forget it. Got a good storm brewing and now seems like a better idea to take it in and enjoy the rain over the same ol same ol here. Ta ta.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Billary Killed Se... 681,917
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min bad bob 7,698
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min another viewer 982,345
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,773
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 3 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web