Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#181268 Aug 21, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I could explain it further but it's probably best if you don't know.
First hand experience?

No pun intended!

Weeeeeeeeee!

Location hidden

#181269 Aug 21, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries great minds think alike and if you posted before you read mine its not plagiarism right?
Point taken...on both accounts!
:)

Location hidden

#181270 Aug 21, 2014
Did Barry really think that no Americans would be killed until AFTER he left office?

In-freakin-credible!

Location hidden

#181271 Aug 21, 2014
*In the Middle East.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181272 Aug 21, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I judge this funny.
:-)
After about 7 years in here, I'd hafta say you were generally beloved on this thread in spite of your penchant to be a crab, sarcastic, and smarmy (as you just described NF). It sure ain't your
fireside manner, Mr Wilson.

No I believe you've earned the respect you have, by often demonstrating the vast amount of knowledge you gained (and share) after "reading a couple of books". But that's not the entire story (IMO).

You don't carry a silver sledge hammer (not to be confused with the WAM5000, or WAM6000T),
ready to beat people over the head for posting their opinion or for posting what they believe to be correct, as the self-appointed, wordsmith, misinformation judge, jury and executioner often does.

And THAT me lad, is why posters, even those like me that disagree vehemently with you, will
continue to challenge your intellect, or submit msgs blasting this current President in hopes that someday, somehow you'll come to your senses, and switch to the best political party on earth. Or
in lieu of that, at least turn Independent.

As always, I urge you not to get ANY ideas of us taking long walks in the moonlight. You're waaaaaaaay too politically misguided for that (IMO). Besides, any strolls I take are gonna be
with the curvy species of society.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181273 Aug 21, 2014
I hope this link works. It concerns the presidents stance on ISIS.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/st...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#181274 Aug 21, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
After about 7 years in here, I'd hafta say you were generally beloved on this thread in spite of your penchant to be a crab, sarcastic, and smarmy (as you just described NF). It sure ain't your
No I believe you've earned the respect you have, by often demonstrating the vast amount of knowledge you gained (and share) after "reading a couple of books". But that's not the entire story (IMO).
You don't carry a silver sledge hammer (not to be confused with the WAM5000, or WAM6000T),
ready to beat people over the head for posting their opinion or for posting what they believe to be correct, as the self-appointed, wordsmith, misinformation judge, jury and executioner often does.
And THAT me lad, is why posters, even those like me that disagree vehemently with you, will
continue to challenge your intellect, or submit msgs blasting this current President in hopes that someday, somehow you'll come to your senses, and switch to the best political party on earth. Or
in lieu of that, at least turn Independent.
As always, I urge you not to get ANY ideas of us taking long walks in the moonlight. You're waaaaaaaay too politically misguided for that (IMO). Besides, any strolls I take are gonna be
with the curvy species of society.
Whew, that's a relief.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181275 Aug 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew, that's a relief.
Any chance you'll be comin' thru here again soon? There's one place east of here I'd really really like you to see!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#181276 Aug 21, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I'm amazed at the number of ordinary people doing the extraordinary in everything from the teacher in an inner city school who buys school supplies for the kids out of her own pocket, to the soldier who throws himself on a grenade so his buddies could live. It gives one hope.
Your comment reminds me one reason I enjoy mission trips so much. There is very often a whole slew of young people who haven't been jaded by life yet, and just do it for the sheer joy of giving and sharing. It gives one needed perspective when one despairs about the state of youth today.....

“The future begins”

every moment

#181277 Aug 21, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Speaking of it anyone see this?
Little League World Series coach's inspiring speech goes viral
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/little-league-wor...
Youth again.

I didn't see that, but I have always enjoyed youth sports, and have been watching the LLWS every day. It's the drama of life in a microcosm.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181279 Aug 21, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignored it the last time, but I'm in the mood to give you a go this time.

What you are, bob, when you do this, is a whiner.

Please, let me explain.

One of us posts an opinion or position. The debate ensues. You say, I say, and on it goes. You give back as good as you get. But at some point you run out of material, or stamina. Then you holler Uncle. Fair enough.

But THEN, you jump up and squeal to the class that that other guy was mean, oh so mean. Did you see how he kept whaling away at me, bob squeals. Your choir, of course, dab your bruises, cluck-cluck over you, and you're satisfied. Everyone conveniently forgets that YOU were a willing and ready participant, trading blow for blow, the entire time, UNTIL you got tired, and hollered "Nuff!"

Stop whining or stay on the porch.

Long Beach, CA

#181281 Aug 21, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance you'll be comin' thru here again soon? There's one place east of here I'd really really like you to see!
Caliente? Tehachapi? Mojave?

I know them there parts.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181283 Aug 21, 2014
I made a comment on Monday that probably led people to believe I think the way the police are armed had something to do with what happened in Ferguson after Micheal Brown was killed.

That's not really the point I was trying to make - or what I think. It was a partial thought at best, and very poorly expressed at that. The problem isn't the armaments police possess, the problem is in part the militaristic attitude some police departments have IN EVERYDAY POLICING.

Ferguson blew up after the shooting of Michael Brown because of the conditions in Ferguson ), and the police departments (both Ferguson and St. Louis County) are part of the problem. There actions, no matter how 'by the book' they may have been, worked against their own best interests. Whoever wrote that book should be fired, and the book used to prop up that broken table in the lunch room.

If the problem was just race, just poverty, just a black man killed by a white police officer, the whole damn city of St. Louis would have gone up two days ago when another man was killed a few miles away. The response by the St. Louis City PD and government was entirely different from that of Ferguson, and even though some witness question whether the shooting (an apparent suicide by cop by a mentally disturbed person) was necessary, there was nothing like what happened in Ferguson even though passions were still hot.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181284 Aug 21, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I ignored it the last time, but I'm in the mood to give you a go this time.
What you are, bob, when you do this, is a whiner.
Please, let me explain.
One of us posts an opinion or position. The debate ensues. You say, I say, and on it goes. You give back as good as you get. But at some point you run out of material, or stamina. Then you holler Uncle. Fair enough.
But THEN, you jump up and squeal to the class that that other guy was mean, oh so mean. Did you see how he kept whaling away at me, bob squeals. Your choir, of course, dab your bruises, cluck-cluck over you, and you're satisfied. Everyone conveniently forgets that YOU were a willing and ready participant, trading blow for blow, the entire time, UNTIL you got tired, and hollered "Nuff!"
Stop whining or stay on the porch.
That is a surprisingly concise, lucid, and completely accurate description of what had transpired between you & I in the past. YOU NAILED IT! <cyber high 5>

Hmmmmm, "stop whining" or "stay on the porch" are the 2 options presented to me by you,
Mr HipGnosis of mid-state Indiana. Lessee now, stop....., or stay on .......<hold on, brb>

<5 min elapse time>

I'd like to submit a counter-offer with your permission (of course). How about if I was willing
to "stop whining" AND "stay on the porch?" I'd presume that'd be acceptable to you?

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181285 Aug 21, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment reminds me one reason I enjoy mission trips so much. There is very often a whole slew of young people who haven't been jaded by life yet, and just do it for the sheer joy of giving and sharing. It gives one needed perspective when one despairs about the state of youth today.....
Well said, and thank you for your service on these mission trips, Hip.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181286 Aug 21, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Easy trigger!
I simply responded to one of your posts.
Been hearing that crap-o-la on the tube for days now and have yet to hear ANYONE suggest how law enforcement SHOULD gear up for this occasion.
Thought maybe, just maybe, you'd have some input.
Of course, that'd mean I'd have a shot to poke a few holes in it.
Which I would.
PS,
Hissy fit noted!
No, News Flush, you didn't respond to one of my posts. You used one of my posts as a prop.

There's a difference.

In the future, if you want my input, spare me your lame game and the absurd hyperbole (rainbow print? really?) and maybe you'll get an actual reply.

Just a thought.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181288 Aug 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Caliente? Tehachapi? Mojave?
I know them there parts.
Well, as good as those commercial guesses are, no!

But I'd rather make it a "special" surprise, just for you and you alone.

Hey, I really feel badly about the mean way I've treated you since you got here, what with the incessant "worthless troll" routine, etc., and I'd luv the opportunity to set things right.

We'll have some coffee,(or whatever you like), chat a bit, then head out.

Long Beach, CA

#181292 Aug 21, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as good as those commercial guesses are, no!
But I'd rather make it a "special" surprise, just for you and you alone.
Hey, I really feel badly about the mean way I've treated you since you got here, what with the incessant "worthless troll" routine, etc., and I'd luv the opportunity to set things right.
We'll have some coffee,(or whatever you like), chat a bit, then head out.
No offense taken, and no need to set things right, all is ok with me.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#181293 Aug 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense taken, and no need to set things right, all is ok with me.
Oh but I insist. Don't go outta your way though. Just next time yer down this way, ya know.
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

#181295 Aug 22, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. He is certainly a sarcastic, arrogant schlub who thinks that his own opinion is valid here, and that anyone else's opinion is to be subjugated to be ridiculed and castrated.

Seems that he has insecurity issues - using a pushy façade to cover this to look more important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Anthony MN 584,099
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Jac 442,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tigrizon 828,378
Gay Sex in Houston 11 min James 3
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 14 min ZNationPrepper 18
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min dollarsbill 3,383
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr karvimaker 611,843
More from around the web