Bush is a hero

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#181196 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know lets refer to the commentators by whatever name we like, thats fair isn't it?
It makes about as much sense too.
Just pc hacks with no backbone what so ever.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181197 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe Zimmerman actively pursued Martin with the intent to kill him?
I didn't mean (or mean to suggest) that Zimmerman did the same thing Simpson did. I have always said I thought Zimmerman was guilty of second degree murder (or the equivalent under FL law).

Simpson owed the years of freedom he enjoyed between Nicole and Ron Goldman's murders to prosecutors in over their head (with a hell of a lot of help from Mark Furhman), Zimmerman is a free man because of a prosecution team that overcharged.

It would not surprise me in the least if Zimmerman ends up in jail for an act of violence in the future, and I'd be surprised if it took as long as it did for OJ to melt down.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181198 Aug 19, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
He was found innocent.
Sounds like you have a closed mind..........
Closed mind is a very catchy phrase.

Maybe someday you'll get a chance to use it appropriately.

What I don't have is blind faith in the jury system. I said earlier that I thought Martin should have been charged with 2nd degree murder, but 2nd degree murder means 51 different things in the court systems of the United States. In Florida the charge should have been 3rd degree murder or some variation of manslaughter.

There are a whole lot of people who's attitude toward Zimmerman smells a whole lot like other's attitude toward Trayvon Martin.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181199 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean (or mean to suggest) that Zimmerman did the same thing Simpson did. I have always said I thought Zimmerman was guilty of second degree murder (or the equivalent under FL law).
Simpson owed the years of freedom he enjoyed between Nicole and Ron Goldman's murders to prosecutors in over their head (with a hell of a lot of help from Mark Furhman), Zimmerman is a free man because of a prosecution team that overcharged.
It would not surprise me in the least if Zimmerman ends up in jail for an act of violence in the future, and I'd be surprised if it took as long as it did for OJ to melt down.
There was a big difference between Simpson and Zimmerman, specifically in the juries. In the Simpson case you had a mostly black jury and there was no way they were going to convict Simpson. You had one jurist give the black power salute in the courtroom as he walked out after the verdict was read and you had the jury forewoman say on camera, "We've got to take care of our own," after the verdict was read.
Anonymous

Canby, OR

#181200 Aug 19, 2014
antonyto wrote:
<quoted text>If Iraq's old weapons of mass destruction (WMD) program truly possessed the threat level that Bush has repeatedly purported, why did your historic allies not join a coalition to militarily disarm Saddam? Secondly, despite over 400 unfettered U.N inspections, there has been no evidence reported that Iraq has reconstituted its WMD program. Indeed, the Bush administration's claims about Iraq's WMD capability appear demonstrably false. Third, and despite Bush's repeated claims, the CIA has not found any links between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda.
You are absolutely right antonyto. Bush and Cheney should be held for WAR crimes at least there is some chattering about persons not government going after both of the bastards.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181201 Aug 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do some exercise, take the fork out of your mouth, and lose some weight.
Your health is at risk.
This has been a public service announcement.
Actually i'm in very good health and have already dropped 30lb this year. Forty more to go and i'm golden .

Location hidden

#181202 Aug 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you stoop to insults?
OK, you start wearing a moo moo and do something about those man boobs.
Insults? Sure why not? I'm bored to tears and sick of everyone being offended by one thing or another.

Location hidden

#181203 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean (or mean to suggest) that Zimmerman did the same thing Simpson did. I have always said I thought Zimmerman was guilty of second degree murder (or the equivalent under FL law).
Well time will tell.
But consider this,if Zimmerman is not who you think he is but does melt down in the future due to the pressure put on him by those who decided he was a cold blooded killer what responsibility do those people bear for driving him to that?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181204 Aug 19, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a big difference between Simpson and Zimmerman, specifically in the juries. In the Simpson case you had a mostly black jury and there was no way they were going to convict Simpson. You had one jurist give the black power salute in the courtroom as he walked out after the verdict was read and you had the jury forewoman say on camera, "We've got to take care of our own," after the verdict was read.
Funny thing ... the Simpson case was the one that really brought home to me the existence of the anti-Sharptons.

You know - the people determined to make the case about race to the exclusion of evidence or the law.

If you have a defendant on trial on two counts of murder and one of the primary investigators (already proven a liar) takes the 5th amendment when asked if he planted evidence - you're not going to get a conviction in California, period.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#181205 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i'm in very good health and have already dropped 30lb this year. Forty more to go and i'm golden .
Good for you--keep it up.

I bet you feel much better already.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181206 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well time will tell.
But consider this,if Zimmerman is not who you think he is but does melt down in the future due to the pressure put on him by those who decided he was a cold blooded killer what responsibility do those people bear for driving him to that?
That's funny.

I mean, you are kidding, right?

Location hidden

#181207 Aug 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you--keep it up.
I bet you feel much better already.
Thanks, I was a gym rat my entire life. Age, injuries and a slowing metabolism all contributed to a 50lb weight gain over the last decade. Now I say this in all seriousness I know turned into a porker and use that for motivation. So when people point it out i'm not in the least bit offended.

Location hidden

#181208 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny.
I mean, you are kidding, right?
Mostly, but there is some merit to the argument for someone who loses their sense of who they are.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181209 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I was a gym rat my entire life. Age, injuries and a slowing metabolism all contributed to a 50lb weight gain over the last decade. Now I say this in all seriousness I know turned into a porker and use that for motivation. So when people point it out i'm not in the least bit offended.
I lost close to 60 pounds about six years ago, but put 20 of it back on.

I now have a personal trainer, a year and a half old coon hound. Personal trainer insists on several walks a day, one early of two miles or more, at least one more later of a mile. I also end up walking all over hell's half acre in the dog park where he goes to play with his buddies.

I've dropped a pants size in seven weeks.

:)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181210 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great but don't encourage him. He thinks it's cool to be rude. Very progressive you know.

Location hidden

#181211 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I lost close to 60 pounds about six years ago, but put 20 of it back on.
I now have a personal trainer, a year and a half old coon hound. Personal trainer insists on several walks a day, one early of two miles or more, at least one more later of a mile. I also end up walking all over hell's half acre in the dog park where he goes to play with his buddies.
Bark Park! Lord I love those places, it's like an amusement park for dogs. Watching them run around and make friends made me look at dogs a whole new way.

Chicago, IL

#181212 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I lost close to 60 pounds about six years ago, but put 20 of it back on.
Good for you, Willie. I wish you continued success.

Chicago, IL

#181213 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing ... the Simpson case was the one that really brought home to me the existence of the anti-Sharptons.
You know - the people determined to make the case about race to the exclusion of evidence or the law.
If you have a defendant on trial on two counts of murder and one of the primary investigators (already proven a liar) takes the 5th amendment when asked if he planted evidence - you're not going to get a conviction in California, period.
That entire case and most everyone in it was flawed. I can't fault the defense attorneys though because they just did their jobs. It was their job to use every trick in the book. Hard to look at but if I was on trial for my life, I'd want them to do the same for me.

Chicago, IL

#181214 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Bark Park! Lord I love those places, it's like an amusement park for dogs. Watching them run around and make friends made me look at dogs a whole new way.
Here's something for you lis. Wherever there's a dog, it's the happiest place in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Location hidden

#181215 Aug 19, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something for you lis. Wherever there's a dog, it's the happiest place in the world.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
So cute, especially the labs. I like seeing dogs be dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Mark Stafford 87,978
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 703,655
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Wisdom of Ages 996,473
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 8
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 hr Big Al 223,075
Are you paying for public service? 4 hr annebonney 1
The most DOMINATE NBA Players of ALL-TIME......... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1