Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181162 Aug 19, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
I suppose unarmed white men don't get shot by the police eh counselor?
You, even as just a wannabe lawyer should know policemen are in dangerous situations at any point, even a routine traffic stop. This shit can happen, and when it does usually happens to the dregs of society anyway.
I was in a barroom brawl as young lad in Tuscon. Afterwords the cop told me to get on the ground and shut up, I didn't even get the word 'but' out before I was on the ground face down and in handcuffs. He later explained to me a cop never knows what anyones intentions are and when your told to do something by a cop its best to just do it.
Lesson learned.........
Let the racist comments begin..........
Years ago in Tennessee pulled a car was pulled over for a routine stop. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but the guy was a wanted man. Minutes latter a cop was dead.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181163 Aug 19, 2014
It's Bush's fault this phone keyboard is too small to use!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181164 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Between the Sharptons and the antiSharptons, I figure there's about zero chance of a productive discussion of what's happening in Ferguson.
The only reason the situation in Ferguson became what it is now is because the police - both the Ferguson Police Department and the St. Louis County PD - are completely and totally incompetent. They went into damage control mode immediately, and in doing that seemed to go out of their way to do everything they possibly could do to further inflame the situation.
Now that Holder's name has appeared, I'm not going to comment further here. The conversation will get entirely too scripted from this point forward.
I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181165 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.
Why is it clear to you the cop probably overreacted? I'm just curious.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181166 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Years ago in Tennessee pulled a car was pulled over for a routine stop. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but the guy was a wanted man. Minutes latter a cop was dead.
People think just because someone is a cop they can beat anybody up. Brown could have easily out muscled many cops and took their gun. Even a small to average size guy doped up on meth can be dangerous to a cop. You never know. The facts will come out and I doubt this cop was out to kill anyone.

#181167 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
It's Bush's fault this phone keyboard is too small to use!
LOL........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181168 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it clear to you the cop probably overreacted? I'm just curious.
Six shots. Sounds like he kept pulling the trigger.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181169 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.
I think its way too early to know what happened or why. I do agree with you that now many are out to take advantage and despite the chant on no justice no peace don't give a rip about this young man. Just listened to the son of a conv. store owner that was looted and burned last night share what happened. It makes me sick to hear anyone in authority like the police I heard say that media is ramping this up. Really? Blame everyone in the world but the people actually burning the stores and committing these crimes.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181170 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
THE issue?

There's more than one issue here.

There's the shooting of Michael Brown, and there's the actions of the Ferguson and St. Louis County police that contributed as much to what's happened since as any outside agitators or whatever they're calling them today. You've got police tactics more suited for the streets of Falujah than an American city or suburb; you've got cops armed to the teeth with the Christmas presents the US government showered on them after 9/11.

You've read the comments in this thread so far. Can you really tell me you're seeing minds any more open than that of Sharpton et al?

It doesn't look that way to me.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181171 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on. Note that Mr. Catcher continues the bs about the Zimmerman/Martin case smearing certain people. Never mind that the law actually found Zimmerman innocent. Doesn't fit the narrative..
I believe that Zimmerman is as innocent of murder as O. J. Simpson was in the 90s.

Neither man was ever found innocent of those charges.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181172 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Zimmerman is as innocent of murder as O. J. Simpson was in the 90s.
You are right. What I should have said is justice was served, such as it is in both cases.

Location hidden

#181173 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Zimmerman is as innocent of murder as O. J. Simpson was in the 90s.
You believe Zimmerman actively pursued Martin with the intent to kill him?

Location hidden

#181174 Aug 19, 2014
What does how the police are armed have to do with anything?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181175 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>THE issue?
There's the shooting of Michael Brown, and there's the actions of the Ferguson and St. Louis County police that contributed as much to what's happened since as any outside agitators or whatever they're calling them today. You've got police tactics more suited for the streets of Falujah than an American city or suburb; you've got cops armed to the teeth with the Christmas presents the US government showered on them after 9/11.
You've read the comments in this thread so far. Can you really tell me you're seeing minds any more open than that of Sharpton et al?
I admit that on much of this I've long given up being open to ideas championed by the left to solve these problems. Obama actually said in some of his remarks we aren't spending enough. If that means my mind is closed so be it. One of my friends has owned his own business since he was 14 years old. Some of it he stumbled into because his father was an computer engineer in Oak Ridge, Tn and helped him. But he has sacrificed much over the years to grow it and today does well. Doubtful you'll hear much on the owners in all of this. The result most likely will be more shops closed and even fewer jobs, well done.

Location hidden

#181176 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Six shots. Sounds like he kept pulling the trigger.
I am 6-3 and 300lbs. I can tell you first hand people look at you differently and are intimidated.Factor in any adversarial situation where violence is possible and 6 shots are not an unexpected outcome.

#181177 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
He was found innocent.

Sounds like you have a closed mind..........
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181178 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
What does how the police are armed have to do with anything?
Nothing, its bs. What do people expect when people are burning things down? Officer friendly?

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181179 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>THE issue?
Armed to the teeth? Just a short time ago everyone was saying that the police were hopelessly outgunned. You should be glad that the police have this stuff because the big gangs surely have it. And yes, AK-47s, missile launchers, and even a small mortor. They caught some thug with a bazooka in my city.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181180 Aug 19, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Armed to the teeth? Just a short time ago everyone was saying that the police were hopelessly outgunned. You should be glad that the police have this stuff because the big gangs surely have it. And yes, AK-47s, missile launchers, and even a small mortor. They caught some thug with a bazooka in my city.
In 2008 the republican national conv. was held in Tampa. Just days before a Muslim nut had planned to blow up a major bridge. Thank God this was caught and thank God our police here are able to deal with it.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181181 Aug 19, 2014
Sorry wrong year. This was 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min ATHEOI 49,601
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liam 647,064
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Steve III 44,730
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min The Hangman 971,823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 105,694
Breaking! Hillary Clinton Scheduled To Meet Wit... 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web