Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181152 Aug 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The right-wing Maginot Line has already been erected.
Bring back the attack on Trayvon and his fellow darkies.
Still make it up as you go I see. You're not much different from the thugs looting and rioting. You think you are because you have money but the same hate and blind rage is here where people act first facts be da?mned.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181153 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree at all.
I do not see a damned bit of difference between the predetermined narratives.
Just wish we could get the facts out but its clear that will never happen now. Heard yesterday some would absolutely lie if it means getting them the so called justice they seek. In my world that ain't justice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181154 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree at all.
I do not see a damned bit of difference between the predetermined narratives.
If everyone would just sit tight and wait to see what the best evidence shows it would be fine but once one side begins the process of framing the event to their political liking the other side must respond to attempt to keep a level playing field. Unfortunate but true.And yes for some ,personal and political ideology clearly trump whatever the truth is.

Location hidden

#181155 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wish we could get the facts out but its clear that will never happen now. Heard yesterday some would absolutely lie if it means getting them the so called justice they seek. In my world that ain't justice.
At the risk of being labled insensitive or a racist or whatever term strikes their fancy at the moment I offer this up. The "gentle giant" narrative was blown out of the water by the convenience store video and had the store owner been armed he would have been justified in shooting the "gentle giant' at that time.People need to pick their battles wisely and championing Michael Brown as a Teddy Bear victim is not a wise choice.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181156 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone would just sit tight and wait to see what the best evidence shows it would be fine but once one side begins the process of framing the event to their political liking the other side must respond to attempt to keep a level playing field. Unfortunate but true.And yes for some ,personal and political ideology clearly trump whatever the truth is.
Spot on. Note that Mr. Catcher continues the bs about the Zimmerman/Martin case smearing certain people. Never mind that the law actually found Zimmerman innocent. Doesn't fit the narrative..
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181157 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being labled insensitive or a racist or whatever term strikes their fancy at the moment I offer this up. The "gentle giant" narrative was blown out of the water by the convenience store video and had the store owner been armed he would have been justified in shooting the "gentle giant' at that time.People need to pick their battles wisely and championing Michael Brown as a Teddy Bear victim is not a wise choice.
No worry here. The word racist today sadly means nothing since most use it in an attempt to smear and silence. In fact I'd say most times when its used today the opposite is true.

Location hidden

#181158 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>No worry here. The word racist today sadly means nothing since most use it in an attempt to smear and silence. In fact I'd say most times when its used today the opposite is true.
If nothing else we will have some time to waste with retread arguments and Zimmerman references.Here we go again. I'm sure Catcher the self described "progressive resident of the global community" or something to that effect will provide hours of entertainment on this subject matter.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#181160 Aug 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The right-wing Maginot Line has already been erected.
Bring back the attack on Trayvon and his fellow darkies.
Ridiculous.

I suppose unarmed white men don't get shot by the police eh counselor?

You, even as just a wannabe lawyer should know policemen are in dangerous situations at any point, even a routine traffic stop. This shit can happen, and when it does usually happens to the dregs of society anyway.

I was in a barroom brawl as young lad in Tuscon. Afterwords the cop told me to get on the ground and shut up, I didn't even get the word 'but' out before I was on the ground face down and in handcuffs. He later explained to me a cop never knows what anyones intentions are and when your told to do something by a cop its best to just do it.

Lesson learned.........

Let the racist comments begin..........

#181161 Aug 19, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they really that incompetent? This is the first I've even heard of their city. They really didn't exist in my world.
I would say the incompetency lies with the media myself. If I was store owner, I would be talking to a lawyer about suing CNN, MSNBC etc etc......
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181162 Aug 19, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous.
I suppose unarmed white men don't get shot by the police eh counselor?
You, even as just a wannabe lawyer should know policemen are in dangerous situations at any point, even a routine traffic stop. This shit can happen, and when it does usually happens to the dregs of society anyway.
I was in a barroom brawl as young lad in Tuscon. Afterwords the cop told me to get on the ground and shut up, I didn't even get the word 'but' out before I was on the ground face down and in handcuffs. He later explained to me a cop never knows what anyones intentions are and when your told to do something by a cop its best to just do it.
Lesson learned.........
Let the racist comments begin..........
Years ago in Tennessee pulled a car was pulled over for a routine stop. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but the guy was a wanted man. Minutes latter a cop was dead.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181163 Aug 19, 2014
It's Bush's fault this phone keyboard is too small to use!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181164 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Between the Sharptons and the antiSharptons, I figure there's about zero chance of a productive discussion of what's happening in Ferguson.
The only reason the situation in Ferguson became what it is now is because the police - both the Ferguson Police Department and the St. Louis County PD - are completely and totally incompetent. They went into damage control mode immediately, and in doing that seemed to go out of their way to do everything they possibly could do to further inflame the situation.
Now that Holder's name has appeared, I'm not going to comment further here. The conversation will get entirely too scripted from this point forward.
I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.

Location hidden

#181165 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.
Why is it clear to you the cop probably overreacted? I'm just curious.

#181166 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Years ago in Tennessee pulled a car was pulled over for a routine stop. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but the guy was a wanted man. Minutes latter a cop was dead.
People think just because someone is a cop they can beat anybody up. Brown could have easily out muscled many cops and took their gun. Even a small to average size guy doped up on meth can be dangerous to a cop. You never know. The facts will come out and I doubt this cop was out to kill anyone.

#181167 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
It's Bush's fault this phone keyboard is too small to use!
LOL........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181168 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it clear to you the cop probably overreacted? I'm just curious.
Six shots. Sounds like he kept pulling the trigger.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181169 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with Holder going in and checking this out. It's clear to me that this cop probably overreacted and even though the "gentle giant" wasn't so gentle and held up a store, he didn't deserve to die for it. The thing that gets to me is that here in America we are no better than the insurgents and terrorists in the middle east. Just let a little chaos erupt and there are people out to take advantage, looting and terrorizing. The real issue is all but erased, and the story ceases to be about any overreaction or misconduct. Lots of people are going to get hurt before this is over.
I think its way too early to know what happened or why. I do agree with you that now many are out to take advantage and despite the chant on no justice no peace don't give a rip about this young man. Just listened to the son of a conv. store owner that was looted and burned last night share what happened. It makes me sick to hear anyone in authority like the police I heard say that media is ramping this up. Really? Blame everyone in the world but the people actually burning the stores and committing these crimes.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181170 Aug 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
THE issue?

There's more than one issue here.

There's the shooting of Michael Brown, and there's the actions of the Ferguson and St. Louis County police that contributed as much to what's happened since as any outside agitators or whatever they're calling them today. You've got police tactics more suited for the streets of Falujah than an American city or suburb; you've got cops armed to the teeth with the Christmas presents the US government showered on them after 9/11.

You've read the comments in this thread so far. Can you really tell me you're seeing minds any more open than that of Sharpton et al?

It doesn't look that way to me.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181171 Aug 19, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on. Note that Mr. Catcher continues the bs about the Zimmerman/Martin case smearing certain people. Never mind that the law actually found Zimmerman innocent. Doesn't fit the narrative..
I believe that Zimmerman is as innocent of murder as O. J. Simpson was in the 90s.

Neither man was ever found innocent of those charges.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181172 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Zimmerman is as innocent of murder as O. J. Simpson was in the 90s.
Neither man was ever found innocent of those charges.
You are right. What I should have said is justice was served, such as it is in both cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min confrinting with ... 670,354
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min RiversideRedneck 100,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Joe Fortuna 980,174
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 12 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 14 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web