Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181129 Aug 18, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back and read all the posts, Its pretty clear its GW's fault
Or the tea party. For years I've heard nonstop on our local progressive radio station what a danger we are to the nation. How many molotov cocktails have we hit buildings with? Just vomited listening to the joker in Washington say we need less division at this time. Screw him and his nonstop lies and its about all he does.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181130 Aug 18, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
In my city, which is a large city in the Midwest, They stationed police cars around all of the mosques for a couple of years after the 9/11 attacks. The Muslim people were that frightened. If another big attack happens on our soil, the police won't be able to protect them.
A bit unrelated but you do know the police can't stop much of anything? Its why the better ones encourage law abiding citizens to self arm and often go to the range for practice. It also drives libs like Michael Bloomberg crazy and why he's pissed off a sheriff like David Clarke won despite one of the most expensive races he tried to buy.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181131 Aug 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit unrelated but you do know the police can't stop much of anything? Its why the better ones encourage law abiding citizens to self arm and often go to the range for practice. It also drives libs like Michael Bloomberg crazy and why he's pissed off a sheriff like David Clarke won despite one of the most expensive races he tried to buy.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...
Hey, Chris, always good to see you around. I hope you're feeling better.

Chicago, IL

#181132 Aug 18, 2014
The president is sending Attorney General Holder to Ferguson. That should straighten everything out. LOL

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworl...
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181133 Aug 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I know the St. Louis county (different from the City itself) community where all that happened. The police force, if I remember correctly, not long ago was found to be poorly trained, poorly equipped, poorly funded, poorly managed, and has been in trouble for using uncertified officers, and (I think) even one or two with criminal records. It all took place in an inner suburb that's impoverished.
That's not a defense of what has happened since the shooting, but this isn't the first time there's been controversy about an unarmed young black man in St. Louis County.
Thanks for the insight. Like I posted before at this point in time I'm having much less trust in any leo and that's a shame. Having said that I feel for the men and women that rise each day and go to work. As they say in hindsight what we can see now may not be so clear if reports I heard that the cop might have been charged by him and have to make a spit sec decision. Nothing good will come out of Holder getting into this.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181134 Aug 18, 2014
The president is sending Attorney General Holder to Ferguson. That should straighten everything out. LOL
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworl...
Hey great minds think alike ha! Feeling good hope you are well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#181135 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
LOL President Clinton would ask you to define "clear."
He would have been better off asking someone to define "pretty" for him he doesn't seem to have done very well with that one.

Location hidden

#181136 Aug 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the insight. Like I posted before at this point in time I'm having much less trust in any leo and that's a shame. Having said that I feel for the men and women that rise each day and go to work. As they say in hindsight what we can see now may not be so clear if reports I heard that the cop might have been charged by him and have to make a spit sec decision. Nothing good will come out of Holder getting into this.
Some good laughs at the absurdity may come out of it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181137 Aug 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Between the Sharptons and the antiSharptons, I figure there's about zero chance of a productive discussion of what's happening in Ferguson.

The only reason the situation in Ferguson became what it is now is because the police - both the Ferguson Police Department and the St. Louis County PD - are completely and totally incompetent. They went into damage control mode immediately, and in doing that seemed to go out of their way to do everything they possibly could do to further inflame the situation.

Now that Holder's name has appeared, I'm not going to comment further here. The conversation will get entirely too scripted from this point forward.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#181138 Aug 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Between the Sharptons and the antiSharptons, I figure there's about zero chance of a productive discussion of what's happening in Ferguson.
The only reason the situation in Ferguson became what it is now is because the police - both the Ferguson Police Department and the St. Louis County PD - are completely and totally incompetent. They went into damage control mode immediately, and in doing that seemed to go out of their way to do everything they possibly could do to further inflame the situation.
Now that Holder's name has appeared, I'm not going to comment further here. The conversation will get entirely too scripted from this point forward.
Agreed.

The right-wing Maginot Line has already been erected.

Bring back the attack on Trayvon and his fellow darkies.

Chicago, IL

#181139 Aug 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Between the Sharptons and the antiSharptons, I figure there's about zero chance of a productive discussion of what's happening in Ferguson.
Are they really that incompetent? This is the first I've even heard of their city. They really didn't exist in my world.

Chicago, IL

#181140 Aug 18, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
He would have been better off asking someone to define "pretty" for him he doesn't seem to have done very well with that one.
Are you kidding me? Hillary is... Hillary has got to be... No, you're right.

Chicago, IL

#181141 Aug 18, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey great minds think alike ha! Feeling good hope you are well.
Glad to hear you're doing well.

Location hidden

#181142 Aug 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
This is just one more incident where a predetermined narrative was attempted before the facts are known.

Location hidden

#181143 Aug 18, 2014
Ferguson is just the latest opportunity to create a narrative before the facts are known.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181144 Aug 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
No need, Admiral.
There are PLENTY of other items in the news to volleyball back & forth.

The freakin' media coverage of the Ferguson issue is being waaaaaaaaaaay overdone (IMO). That includes Fox News. In fact, I've turned FNN off until they move on to something else. 24/7 coverage of one news story is ridiculous.

Location hidden

#181145 Aug 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The right-wing Maginot Line has already been erected.
Bring back the attack on Trayvon and his fellow darkies.
It helps if the alleged victim is a sympathetic character.
That scenario does not exist in this case.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181149 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just one more incident where a predetermined narrative was attempted before the facts are known.
There is more than one predetermined narrative being promoted here.

Location hidden

#181150 Aug 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There is more than one predetermined narrative being promoted here.
There has to be,out of necessity .

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181151 Aug 19, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be,out of necessity .
I don't agree at all.

I do not see a damned bit of difference between the predetermined narratives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 100,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min RiversideRedneck 980,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,273
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 286,455
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 3 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 4 hr annaleighanne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,651
More from around the web