Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181007 Aug 7, 2014
Related to the crap I just linked a friend has just shut down his small business I once worked for. About 45 people will be out of work and this insane government over regulation and is one reason why. But the solution from Mr. Alter is to do all they can to punish larger businesses that are fleeing this nation at record levels. Way to go guys.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#181008 Aug 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the REAL world, the above bovine feces is aka "brain-washed" propaganda.
He's about as brain washed as you are, bobby me boy.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#181009 Aug 7, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
I would like to think we have learned from our mistakes. This perhaps is a clue some haven't.
Perhaps We Need Corporate 'Loyalty Oaths'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-johnson/pe...
I'd like us to go back to the time when a person's word meant something.

Corporate loyalty oaths certainly would not hurt.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#181010 Aug 7, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>He's about as brain washed as you are, bobby me boy.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
New Republicans seem to be about little more than "what welfare can we give the wealthy today", "whose womb can we inspect today", and "who should we bomb today".
Hah! Well then what precisely would YOU call that crap, Admiral?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181011 Aug 7, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like us to go back to the time when a person's word meant something.
Corporate loyalty oaths certainly would not hurt.
So would I but don't think this is the way. While I know this forum isn't on religion I've never been shy about my viewpoints. To me and my mind the fact that leaders in every area, even in the church prove almost nonstop the words they speak mean nothing I see it as a sign that God is going to return. I see that as the only thing that will once and for all give the land real justice. To my way of thinking this so called loyalty oath is a giant step backwards I don't wish to see.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/04/with-loyalt...
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#181012 Aug 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Reminds me of why this is now the only forum I post in. The daily wishing death of Christians in other forums gets a bit old.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181013 Aug 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
An opinion different from yours, bobby me boy.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#181014 Aug 7, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>An opinion different from yours, bobby me boy.
Really? All of us here (conservatives) are working class, middle class, voting against our best interests, interested in controlling women's wombs, starting wars? Sounds like someone who is brainwashed to me. An opinion is something based on realistic observations. That sounds like some talking head on msnbc. I can almost see the talking head.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#181015 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You are going to see what you want to see, and frankly the last part of your post is just plain silly (inspect wombs indeed) It is the democrats, well many of them that insert themselves into people's private lives. But stick to your dialogue, I'm sure it soothes you thinking it could be worse.
Google "mandated trans-vaginal ultra-sound".

You won't see the word "Democrat" anywhere near it, but you will see a certain iconic R every time.

But stick to your denial, I'm sure it soothes you thinking it ain't that bad.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking for a little honesty, that's all. The reaction to Kerry "reporting for duty" that Willie had was honest. I had the same reaction to Bush looking for WMD's under the podium.
No, I really don't think you're looking for honesty. I think you're looking for affirmation and accolades from within your bubble.

We've been through this so many times it's scripted.
A) The cabal wails about the scandal du jour.
B) The other side of the aisle offers a different historical perspective or policy rebuttal.
C) The cabal falls over each other to be the first with the resounding repetitious counter-argument being some variation of either,

1) "Oh you'd just defend him no matter what."
2) "Oh, you're just can't admit you were wrong."
3) "Oh, you're just >insert pseudo-psycho-babble here<"

That third one is reserved for licensed social workers.

You all have ate so many sour grapes in the last five years you've developed a taste for them.

Again, for myself, I was not "wrong" in my choice, and my only regrets have to do with his early naivete in dealing with an intransigent opposition.. The current Democrat platform speaks to my wishes far more than the current Republican platform. Why is that so hard to understand that you've got to make crap up instead?

Because "it soothes you", maybe?

Location hidden

#181016 Aug 7, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "mandated trans-vaginal ultra-sound".
You won't see the word "Democrat" anywhere near it, but you will see a certain iconic R every time.
But stick to your denial, I'm sure it soothes you thinking it ain't that bad.
<quoted text>No, I really don't think you're looking for honesty. I think you're looking for affirmation and accolades from within your bubble.
We've been through this so many times it's scripted.
A) The cabal wails about the scandal du jour.
B) The other side of the aisle offers a different historical perspective or policy rebuttal.
C) The cabal falls over each other to be the first with the resounding repetitious counter-argument being some variation of either,
1) "Oh you'd just defend him no matter what."
2) "Oh, you're just can't admit you were wrong."
3) "Oh, you're just >insert pseudo-psycho-babble here<"
That third one is reserved for licensed social workers.
You all have ate so many sour grapes in the last five years you've developed a taste for them.
Again, for myself, I was not "wrong" in my choice, and my only regrets have to do with his early naivete in dealing with an intransigent opposition.. The current Democrat platform speaks to my wishes far more than the current Republican platform. Why is that so hard to understand that you've got to make crap up instead?
Because "it soothes you", maybe?
I am so sorry you are having such a bad day Hip.
Me, it's my 43rd wedding anniversary today. I'm happy. Sour grapes is not my dish of choice.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181017 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Really? All of us here (conservatives) are working class, middle class, voting against our best interests, interested in controlling women's wombs, starting wars? Sounds like someone who is brainwashed to me. An opinion is something based on realistic observations. That sounds like some talking head on msnbc. I can almost see the talking head.
Why do you always have to be politely directed back to the original proposition?

I said nothing about individuals, I referred to the party efforts.

Working class people voting for those who make it harder to vote and who make it harder to collectively bargain, are voting against their own self-interest.

Republicans are ever in the vanguard of inserting themselves into women's reproductive decisions.

Starting wars? I could spam the page with all the countries that elected Republicans have pined away to bomb or invade, just in the last ten years. Hell, I could do it with just McCain.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181018 Aug 7, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Oh Hip, hope you dont mind me using your quote..........
Nah, I got used to mimicry working the simian section of the zoo when I was a kid. They also used to copy stuff without any thought or understanding what it means. Knock yourself out.

No, really......

Location hidden

#181019 Aug 7, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you always have to be politely directed back to the original proposition?
I said nothing about individuals, I referred to the party efforts.
Working class people voting for those who make it harder to vote and who make it harder to collectively bargain, are voting against their own self-interest.
Republicans are ever in the vanguard of inserting themselves into women's reproductive decisions.
Starting wars? I could spam the page with all the countries that elected Republicans have pined away to bomb or invade, just in the last ten years. Hell, I could do it with just McCain.
Well, I quote,
"YOU folks are people-obsessed, and thus it's no wonder that working class folks such as yourself can so blindly follow a party that's moved further and further away from looking out for the middle-class"
Must have bee the big YOU that made me think you were talking about US folks.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#181020 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Really? All of us here (conservatives) are working class, middle class, voting against our best interests, interested in controlling women's wombs, starting wars? Sounds like someone who is brainwashed to me. An opinion is something based on realistic observations. That sounds like some talking head on msnbc. I can almost see the talking head.
I don't know whether that's funny coming from you, or just sad.

Probably more of the latter, but with a dash of the former thrown in.

There's easily as much 'realistic observations' in Hip's post as anything you've posted in months, maybe longer - and that's not really an endorsement of Hip's post by any stretch of the imagination.

To put it another way - to show you that I can relate - I can certainly understand reading a post and thinking it sounds like a branded talking head. That happens to me all the time here.

Now, hurry up and tell me what I really think, will you? I'm dying to know.

“The future begins”

every moment

#181021 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry you are having such a bad day Hip.
Me, it's my 43rd wedding anniversary today. I'm happy. Sour grapes is not my dish of choice.
That's real deep Miss Cleo, considering you know nothing about "my day". It's almost like you bailed from defending your own assertion and went for something totally irrelevant instead.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#181022 Aug 7, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stilgar, I already said that his talent was wasted on him. I also said I thought he would accomplish great things because of his speeches, but that he hadn't done great things. In short, I'm saying that he gives good speeches but he doesn't accomplish much. So, I think you and I are in agreement that he hasn't accomplished much but I think he makes a fine speech and you seem to think he depends too much on a teleprompter.
But, here's one thing he did that I'm happy about. He got the insurance industry to sell policys to people with existing health problems. That is an accomplishment.
Oh. Then yes, we agree.

I didn't cite for him either, but when the election closed and he was gonna be our new POTUS, I clung to hope that he would do what he said.

He's a liar, like most politicians.

Another good thing he did, though, was repeal the don't ask don't tell thing for our military. I think it's totally fair for any American to join the service if they choose to, it doesn't matter if they're gay or not.

So there's 2 things he's done good. In just 6 years lol.

Chicago, IL

#181023 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
Happy anniversary, lisw! Here's to many more for you and yours.

Chicago, IL

#181024 Aug 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Then yes, we agree.
I didn't cite for him either, but when the election closed and he was gonna be our new POTUS, I clung to hope that he would do what he said.
He's a liar, like most politicians.
Another good thing he did, though, was repeal the don't ask don't tell thing for our military. I think it's totally fair for any American to join the service if they choose to, it doesn't matter if they're gay or not.
So there's 2 things he's done good. In just 6 years lol.
The same for me. He wasn't my choice but I wished him well.

And I agree with you on don't ask don't tell.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#181025 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
Congrats. Much more of that is needed.
UidiotRaceMakeWO rldpeace

United States

#181026 Aug 7, 2014
lisw wrote:
Happy 43rd Wedding Anniverisity! Bhahahahaaaa

Hey you gonna Have Sex In City or elope again? Sorry not getting personal on you! Enjoy bang! Did he take u out to Bahama or like or he forgot? Jerk if he forgets!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Robert F 646,240
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 47,670
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 971,527
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,000
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,710
sex 1 hr gud frnd 1
"Moses, would you PLEASE tell God to STOP the F... 1 hr andet1987 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web