Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180969 Aug 6, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. Perhaps I read you wrong in your post about drawing conclusions. And if you were the only or few people on the left I'd read that marginalized certain povs I might agree. Think you also said he was a nobody? See political povs aside I think everyone has value. Again if that's your way of just listing his job position so be it. Since I see BB also read it that way my thinking can't so off.
Oh, give me a break. Again, if I said he was a nobody it was referring to his position in the border patrol, nothing more.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180970 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.
Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.

You're wrong about that. In 2008 and 2012 I had two choices, and I don't regret the ones I made either time.

I realize how convenient that explanation is for you, but them's the breaks.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180971 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.
Je te remercie, ms Lis!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180972 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.
You're wrong about that. In 2008 and 2012 I had two choices, and I don't regret the ones I made either time.
Problem is Wilhelm, it was much easier to justify it at the time. But with the ever increasing laundry list of domestic issues ALONE, that long-ago decision would've at least been questionable by now.

And don't you find it a bit odd that Obama wasn't aware about several problems until he read the news reports? I mean, did he instruct his handlers not to bother him unless WWIII was imminent? Even then, I doubt if Barry would postpone any fundraisers he had already scheduled.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180973 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you think I am obsessed with Obama.
I must be like you, right?
I'm not obsessed with Obama, Willie, I'm appalled. I never thought I'd see someone more incompetent than Jimmie Carter. I voted for Carter, but I can admit that was a mistake.

Location hidden

#180974 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.
You will not admit Obama is incompetent, over his head, making mistakes,....take your pick. If you did than you might not be as smart as you think you are. I think you're relatively smart but am beginning to wonder about your insistence that Obama isn't any different than any other politician from the beginning of time. That's your mantra.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180975 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not obsessed with Obama, Willie, I'm appalled. I never thought I'd see someone more incompetent than Jimmie Carter. I voted for Carter, but I can admit that was a mistake.
The 60s were before my time but I know our government at that time is on record as breaking the very laws they should uphold targeting some far left groups. Had I been alive at the time I'd be just as outraged and upset as parts of the government are doing it again to the right. Had to laugh today listening to the head of the Freedom From religion Foundation beam with joy over the recent suite concerning churches that are overly political. He said among other things that all churches which may have a complaint lodged, be it left or right, should be looked into further by the irs. Sorry that doesn't pass the smell test. This guy, Dan Barker once a preacher of the gospel also said today the Holy Bible was more dangerous than Mein Kampf. Its clear certain churches will get a pass just as certain political groups do too. Still laughing at Barker's words today though.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180976 Aug 6, 2014
Sorry forgot a link if you hadn't heard of this case. Its from Catcher's favorite radio guy.

http://www.michaelmedved.com/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0731...

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180977 Aug 6, 2014
I didn't vote for President Obama. At the time, (first election) I thought he was too inexperienced in handling world events like those Russia might present. But, after listening to a few of his speeches, I had great hopes for him. I thought he would do great things. In my opinion, he did not accomplish great things. I feel that he wasted his considerable talent, which might have been avoided if he had listened to more experienced people.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180978 Aug 6, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
I didn't vote for President Obama. At the time,(first election) I thought he was too inexperienced in handling world events like those Russia might present. But, after listening to a few of his speeches, I had great hopes for him. I thought he would do great things. In my opinion, he did not accomplish great things. I feel that he wasted his considerable talent, which might have been avoided if he had listened to more experienced people.
Bingo. Also didn't vote for him but thought after his speech in Chicago in Nov 08 he would be a good influence and help unite people more. Instead sadly things are more divided than ever and while I do agree with people like Willie that some things a President can do little about his attitude stinks. As his recent bs on hate look at who spews it often in this nation. Again after the 2010 midterms had hope he would at least make a move to the center but its clear he has a pen and a phone and if its not his way screw you.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180979 Aug 6, 2014

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180980 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You will not admit Obama is incompetent, over his head, making mistakes,....take your pick. If you did than you might not be as smart as you think you are. I think you're relatively smart but am beginning to wonder about your insistence that Obama isn't any different than any other politician from the beginning of time. That's your mantra.
So, according to you, I secretly know that Obama is incompetent and over his head, but don't want to admit it because it would make me look 'not-smart' to admit I voted for the wrong guy.

Have I summed that up properly?

Location hidden

#180981 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So, according to you, I secretly know that Obama is incompetent and over his head, but don't want to admit it because it would make me look 'not-smart' to admit I voted for the wrong guy.
Have I summed that up properly?
Pretty much OR you really think he's doing a good job and you are that dumb. Which one of these guys do you want to be?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180982 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much OR you really think he's doing a good job and you are that dumb. Which one of these guys do you want to be?
Oh, please.

Don't bother asking me. Just go ahead and assign me whatever position suits you.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#180983 Aug 6, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Sorry forgot a link if you hadn't heard of this case. Its from Catcher's favorite radio guy.
http://www.michaelmedved.com/
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0731...
Medved is no favorite of mine, but he's not thoroughly disgusting, as are Prager, Hewitt, Elder, Ingraham and others. Not to speak of the troglodytes, Levin and Savage, whose name fits him very well.

As for preaches/churches that engage in politics, I'd pull their tax exempt status forthwith.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#180984 Aug 6, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
I didn't vote for President Obama. At the time,(first election) I thought he was too inexperienced in handling world events like those Russia might present. But, after listening to a few of his speeches, I had great hopes for him. I thought he would do great things. In my opinion, he did not accomplish great things. I feel that he wasted his considerable talent, which might have been avoided if he had listened to more experienced people.
Obama can give good speeches.

If his TelePrompTers are working.

I wouldn't call that a considerable talent.

Location hidden

#180985 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, please.
Don't bother asking me. Just go ahead and assign me whatever position suits you.
Okay the first one. You are disappointed you know he's doing poorly but you just refuse to admit it, for fear you will look wrong. The thing is I'd admire you for your honesty and sure am not one to do "I told you so."
I feel bad for those who believed in him.
Story here: I had a client, who was elderly. She was african american and absolutely loved Bill Clinton. She would say, "that's my boy". When he was caught fooling around with Monica, she was able to say how wrong that was. He was still her "boy" but she had the guts to admit he had some clay feet.

Location hidden

#180986 Aug 6, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
The 60s were before my time but I know our government at that time is on record as breaking the very laws they should uphold targeting some far left groups. Had I been alive at the time I'd be just as outraged and upset as parts of the government are doing it again to the right. Had to laugh today listening to the head of the Freedom From religion Foundation beam with joy over the recent suite concerning churches that are overly political. He said among other things that all churches which may have a complaint lodged, be it left or right, should be looked into further by the irs. Sorry that doesn't pass the smell test. This guy, Dan Barker once a preacher of the gospel also said today the Holy Bible was more dangerous than Mein Kampf. Its clear certain churches will get a pass just as certain political groups do too. Still laughing at Barker's words today though.
If you are talking about Nixon targeting the far left, I don't know much about that except for Watergate, where he and his cronies tried to get dirt on McGovern. Of course McGovern was a different animal than the far left of today. he was the first presidential candidate I ever voted for.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180987 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Okay the first one. You are disappointed you know he's doing poorly but you just refuse to admit it, for fear you will look wrong. The thing is I'd admire you for your honesty and sure am not one to do "I told you so."
I feel bad for those who believed in him.
Story here: I had a client, who was elderly. She was african american and absolutely loved Bill Clinton. She would say, "that's my boy". When he was caught fooling around with Monica, she was able to say how wrong that was. He was still her "boy" but she had the guts to admit he had some clay feet.
That is the scenario that best suits your purposes, isn't it?

After all, you get to be right and it makes me out to be a liar. You NEED me to be a liar, after all, because it can't be something as simple as me disagreeing with you. That would never do.

Thing is, seems to me that the effort you go to to explain away a disagreeing opinion is almost more work than just accepting the opinion as offered and arguing against it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180988 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If you are talking about Nixon targeting the far left, I don't know much about that except for Watergate, where he and his cronies tried to get dirt on McGovern. Of course McGovern was a different animal than the far left of today. he was the first presidential candidate I ever voted for.
Johnson and Nixon targeted what was then called the "New Left", and the FBI under Presidents from Eisenhower forward targeted the civil rights movement.

The first incarnation of the Swift Boaters was a Nixon creation to discredit Kerry and the Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Anthony MN 654,051
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 64,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Joe Fortuna 973,815
i swap sexy photos of my girlfriend (Jan '10) 58 min Fitcouple 75
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,507
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 1 hr Knock off purse s... 28
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,583
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr Clive 80
More from around the web