Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180958 Aug 5, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
If Bush is your hero, you have very low standards.
This from a whacked-out TROLL with over 27,000 posts that just repeats this same msg like a parrot about every 6 months or so. SquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaK!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180959 Aug 5, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise I got the same sense CC did, and believed you were casting aspersions on the
border patrolman.
But I'll go a bit further and declare that it seems you're determined to be contrary, regardless of the issue. Maybe you think that's what "sells" better, or you get bored sitting in your office all day, IDK. But I can tell ya it is definitely "annoying". And I know you're concerned about being annoying.
You can defend your 2 vote for Obama all ya want, and claim it wouldn't have mattered who was in the Oval Office, but no matter how ya wash it, spin it, rinse it out, run it thru again and then dry it, Obama should NEVER've been allowed out of Chicago. I know it, the polls show it, and it's just very unfortunate that partisan shills were fleeced by a smooth talkin' rookie.
There are numerous overseas crises, and a few domestic ones, and your great savior thinks it's best to just ignore everything and hope it goes away while at the same time jetting off for various fund raisers. Obama does NOT wanna lose the Senate so "screw everything else."
I'm terribly ashamed of Obama's inexperience and lack of leadership, and I'm terribly ashamed that people like you were done in by his phony charisma and phony charm.
Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?

Gee, give a guy some notice when you're going to change the subject, at least when there's no logical flow to it. Just because you are obsessed with Obama doesn't mean I am too, bob - and no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you will it to be so, not every disagreement I have with posters in this thread can be explained away by my being a liberal or being as obsessed with defending Obama as some are for attacking him.

See, I thought we were talking about this so-called story about a border patrol agent making an off the cuff remark. I don't think there's anything to the story. It doesn't rate being called a puff piece. and isn't even good propaganda by the standards of the Blaze. It's less than an episode of Seinfeld, which Jerry himself said was a show about nothing. It's not about being contrary, or bored, or wanting to be annoying. That's just my opinion of the meaningless story, period.

As far as you thinking I was attacking the border patrol agent personally - you also have been reading this thread long enough to, if you chose to do that, know that's not how I roll.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#180960 Aug 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?
Gee, give a guy some notice when you're going to change the subject, at least when there's no logical flow to it. Just because you are obsessed with Obama doesn't mean I am too, bob - and no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you will it to be so, not every disagreement I have with posters in this thread can be explained away by my being a liberal or being as obsessed with defending Obama as some are for attacking him.
Perhaps ya didn't see the disclaimer I wrote about "going a bit further?" That's an indication that I have more to say than the original manuscript dictated.

And I've not attached ALL of your disagreements with other posters to being a liberal in constant defense of Obama. But It probably SEEMS that way with one freakin' crisis after another, first on the domestic front, then overseas.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I thought we were talking about this so-called story about a border patrol agent making an off the cuff remark. I don't think there's anything to the story. It doesn't rate being called a puff piece. and isn't even good propaganda by the standards of the Blaze. It's less than an episode of Seinfeld, which Jerry himself said was a show about nothing. It's not about being contrary, or bored, or wanting to be annoying. That's just my opinion of the meaningless story, period.
BS. The "non-story" wasn't meant to be a sensational "seat gripper", but more of a "sign of the times" story. You couldn't even accept THAT. You had to downgrade it to an episode of Seinfeld. C'mon man. You KNOW if I didn't respect yer opinion, I wouldn't be preachin'.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as you thinking I was attacking the border patrol agent personally - you also have been reading this thread long enough to, if you chose to do that, know that's not how I roll.
NEVER said you were personally attacking the CBP agent, Wilbey. I said I got the same sense (as CC did) that you were "casting aspersions" on him by referring to him as a "grunt".
Context is nearly as important as the text itself, and in the context of your original msg, the sense was obvious to at least 2 of us.

However, you DID explain YOUR reason for the "grunt" comment, and I have no problem believing that was your intention.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#180961 Aug 6, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's sad because it shows the frustration this man feels. For a border patrol agent to say that he doesn't think it matters if you're a citizen, all the while shaking his head, that is frustration.
They gave Laura Ingraham a radio show? I watched her a couple of times in interviews and I was surprised at what tumbled out of her pie hole.
For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".

Uh....isn't that what he's suing the President for?

Speaking of games and thrones.......
Clearwater

United States

#180962 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>1. Nobody said we didn't have a problem. I know there's a problem, you know there's a problem, the border agent knows we have a problem. Nothing I said could reasonably be interpreted, or easily be twisted, into denying there was a problem.
2. The use of the term grunt was a description of the position he occupies, not of him personally. He's no different than a PFC or a corporal in the military (a Seaman or a 3rd Class Petty Officer in the Navy/Coast Guard). I've been posting here long enough for you to have figured that out if you were willing to do so, but you just flat out refuse to do it.
Good morning. Perhaps I read you wrong in your post about drawing conclusions. And if you were the only or few people on the left I'd read that marginalized certain povs I might agree. Think you also said he was a nobody? See political povs aside I think everyone has value. Again if that's your way of just listing his job position so be it. Since I see BB also read it that way my thinking can't so off.
Clearwater

United States

#180963 Aug 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".
Like a Senate that flat out refuses to vote on much. But as usual a certain part of the population doesn't know or care and just follows the leader of whatever happens to be cool.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180964 Aug 6, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise I got the same sense CC did, and believed you were casting aspersions on the
border patrolman.
But I'll go a bit further and declare that it seems you're determined to be contrary, regardless of the issue. Maybe you think that's what "sells" better, or you get bored sitting in your office all day, IDK. But I can tell ya it is definitely "annoying". And I know you're concerned about being annoying.
You can defend your 2 vote for Obama all ya want, and claim it wouldn't have mattered who was in the Oval Office, but no matter how ya wash it, spin it, rinse it out, run it thru again and then dry it, Obama should NEVER've been allowed out of Chicago. I know it, the polls show it, and it's just very unfortunate that partisan shills were fleeced by a smooth talkin' rookie.
There are numerous overseas crises, and a few domestic ones, and your great savior thinks it's best to just ignore everything and hope it goes away while at the same time jetting off for various fund raisers. Obama does NOT wanna lose the Senate so "screw everything else."
I'm terribly ashamed of Obama's inexperience and lack of leadership, and I'm terribly ashamed that people like you were done in by his phony charisma and phony charm.
Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.

Location hidden

#180965 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?
The you're off topic is a dodge. You say you're not obsessed with Obama (I think you are) but you are definitely an enabler of foollish decisions and empty rhetoric.

Location hidden

#180966 Aug 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".
I'll listen to your problems with Boehner If you listen to my problems with Reid.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180967 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The you're off topic is a dodge. You say you're not obsessed with Obama (I think you are) but you are definitely an enabler of foollish decisions and empty rhetoric.
Of course you think I am obsessed with Obama.

I must be like you, right?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180968 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.
What am I supposedly interested in defending myself for, exactly?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180969 Aug 6, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. Perhaps I read you wrong in your post about drawing conclusions. And if you were the only or few people on the left I'd read that marginalized certain povs I might agree. Think you also said he was a nobody? See political povs aside I think everyone has value. Again if that's your way of just listing his job position so be it. Since I see BB also read it that way my thinking can't so off.
Oh, give me a break. Again, if I said he was a nobody it was referring to his position in the border patrol, nothing more.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180970 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.
Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.

You're wrong about that. In 2008 and 2012 I had two choices, and I don't regret the ones I made either time.

I realize how convenient that explanation is for you, but them's the breaks.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#180971 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
Je te remercie, ms Lis!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#180972 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.
You're wrong about that. In 2008 and 2012 I had two choices, and I don't regret the ones I made either time.
Problem is Wilhelm, it was much easier to justify it at the time. But with the ever increasing laundry list of domestic issues ALONE, that long-ago decision would've at least been questionable by now.

And don't you find it a bit odd that Obama wasn't aware about several problems until he read the news reports? I mean, did he instruct his handlers not to bother him unless WWIII was imminent? Even then, I doubt if Barry would postpone any fundraisers he had already scheduled.

Location hidden

#180973 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you think I am obsessed with Obama.
I must be like you, right?
I'm not obsessed with Obama, Willie, I'm appalled. I never thought I'd see someone more incompetent than Jimmie Carter. I voted for Carter, but I can admit that was a mistake.

Location hidden

#180974 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry ... missed where you identified what I supposedly am defending myself from.
You will not admit Obama is incompetent, over his head, making mistakes,....take your pick. If you did than you might not be as smart as you think you are. I think you're relatively smart but am beginning to wonder about your insistence that Obama isn't any different than any other politician from the beginning of time. That's your mantra.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180975 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not obsessed with Obama, Willie, I'm appalled. I never thought I'd see someone more incompetent than Jimmie Carter. I voted for Carter, but I can admit that was a mistake.
The 60s were before my time but I know our government at that time is on record as breaking the very laws they should uphold targeting some far left groups. Had I been alive at the time I'd be just as outraged and upset as parts of the government are doing it again to the right. Had to laugh today listening to the head of the Freedom From religion Foundation beam with joy over the recent suite concerning churches that are overly political. He said among other things that all churches which may have a complaint lodged, be it left or right, should be looked into further by the irs. Sorry that doesn't pass the smell test. This guy, Dan Barker once a preacher of the gospel also said today the Holy Bible was more dangerous than Mein Kampf. Its clear certain churches will get a pass just as certain political groups do too. Still laughing at Barker's words today though.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180976 Aug 6, 2014
Sorry forgot a link if you hadn't heard of this case. Its from Catcher's favorite radio guy.

http://www.michaelmedved.com/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0731...

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180977 Aug 6, 2014
I didn't vote for President Obama. At the time, (first election) I thought he was too inexperienced in handling world events like those Russia might present. But, after listening to a few of his speeches, I had great hopes for him. I thought he would do great things. In my opinion, he did not accomplish great things. I feel that he wasted his considerable talent, which might have been avoided if he had listened to more experienced people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min marge 670,428
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min lightbeamrider 4,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Johnnys girl 100,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Jehowa Witness 619,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 980,229
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Shiralee 445,659
___*Antichrist, Global SIGNS, Forewarnings___ 2 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web