Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180949 Aug 5, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad, indeed. People are beginning to wake up, though.
How are you feeling, Chris?
Do tell.

What's sad about that, actually?

I mean, that whole 'story' consists of a border patrol grunt making a wry remark. He's not a spokesman, he's not a policymaker, he's nobody (other than maybe the guy getting chewed out by his boss right now).

I mean, I followed Chris's link, and even given the source of the 'story' thought "why is anybody talking about this?"

You want sad? I'll give you sad.

"Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks said Monday that Democrats are pushing a political agenda that amounts to a "war on whites."

"Appearing Monday on conservative commentator Laura Ingraham's radio program, Brooks — responding to a reporter's suggestion that the GOP is alienating minority voters and being seen as "the party of white people" — said:

"This is a part of the war on whites that's being launched by the Democratic Party. And the way in which they are launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else. It's a part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008 continued in 2012 where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare — all those kinds of things.

"Ingraham suggested that the notion of a "war on whites" was "a little out there," adding that Brooks' "phraseology might not be the best choice.""

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/politics/2014/... -

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180950 Aug 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do tell.
What's sad about that, actually?
I mean, that whole 'story' consists of a border patrol grunt making a wry remark. He's not a spokesman, he's not a policymaker, he's nobody (other than maybe the guy getting chewed out by his boss right now).
I mean, I followed Chris's link, and even given the source of the 'story' thought "why is anybody talking about this?"
You want sad? I'll give you sad.
"Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks said Monday that Democrats are pushing a political agenda that amounts to a "war on whites."
"Appearing Monday on conservative commentator Laura Ingraham's radio program, Brooks — responding to a reporter's suggestion that the GOP is alienating minority voters and being seen as "the party of white people" — said:
"This is a part of the war on whites that's being launched by the Democratic Party. And the way in which they are launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else. It's a part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008 continued in 2012 where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare — all those kinds of things.
"Ingraham suggested that the notion of a "war on whites" was "a little out there," adding that Brooks' "phraseology might not be the best choice.""
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/politics/2014/... -
I think it's sad because it shows the frustration this man feels. For a border patrol agent to say that he doesn't think it matters if you're a citizen, all the while shaking his head, that is frustration.

They gave Laura Ingraham a radio show? I watched her a couple of times in interviews and I was surprised at what tumbled out of her pie hole.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180951 Aug 5, 2014
<quoted text>
I think it's sad because it shows the frustration this man feels. For a border patrol agent to say that he doesn't think it matters if you're a citizen, all the while shaking his head, that is frustration.
They gave Laura Ingraham a radio show? I watched her a couple of times in interviews and I was surprised at what tumbled out of her pie hole.
Does it genuinely reflect the frustration this man feels, or is it just a flippant remark?

Seems more the latter to me, in which case you need to be very careful about drawing conclusions based on that remark alone.

At least, that's what I think. I'm not mining a casual conversation for significance in support of a preconceived notion the way the purveyors of the article were.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180952 Aug 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Very sad, indeed. People are beginning to wake up, though.
How are you feeling, Chris?
Much better. I find it sad because of my friend that left part of his family in Venezuela to make a new life here and is now a U.S.(actually legal why bother) citizen. Same for another friend from Ireland though his entire family came with him. No doubt in my mind this government will severely punish this worker bee because he works for the fed government and dared to be honest. This nation at every turn is quickly turning into nothing less than evil. A President that says Israel should be able to defend itself as if it needs our permission than sends a sec of State who actions say otherwise. It gives me no joy to say this but I now understand people that say outright they hate our government.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180953 Aug 5, 2014
Day 127 for Sgt. Tahmooressi.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180954 Aug 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Does it genuinely reflect the frustration this man feels, or is it just a flippant remark?
Seems more the latter to me, in which case you need to be very careful about drawing conclusions based on that remark alone.
At least, that's what I think. I'm not mining a casual conversation for significance in support of a preconceived notion the way the purveyors of the article were.
If this remark alone was all it was I'd agree. Of course since double talkers like Reid say out of one side of the mouth the border is secure and then agrees with the President no we do have a bit of a problem (as the 3.7 billion asked for) by Congress its clear we have quite a bit to draw some conclusions on. And btw I don't think this "gunt" is a nobody. I get you dismissing his words and really that's no big deal nor surprise. It is sad to me when time and time again people in government that should in theory be serving the people routinely dismiss and mock parts of the people and then have the nerve to tell those people to stop the hate. Some folks need a mirror.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180955 Aug 5, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
If this remark alone was all it was I'd agree. Of course since double talkers like Reid say out of one side of the mouth the border is secure and then agrees with the President no we do have a bit of a problem (as the 3.7 billion asked for) by Congress its clear we have quite a bit to draw some conclusions on. And btw I don't think this "gunt" is a nobody. I get you dismissing his words and really that's no big deal nor surprise. It is sad to me when time and time again people in government that should in theory be serving the people routinely dismiss and mock parts of the people and then have the nerve to tell those people to stop the hate. Some folks need a mirror.
1. Nobody said we didn't have a problem. I know there's a problem, you know there's a problem, the border agent knows we have a problem. Nothing I said could reasonably be interpreted, or easily be twisted, into denying there was a problem.

2. The use of the term grunt was a description of the position he occupies, not of him personally. He's no different than a PFC or a corporal in the military (a Seaman or a 3rd Class Petty Officer in the Navy/Coast Guard). I've been posting here long enough for you to have figured that out if you were willing to do so, but you just flat out refuse to do it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#180956 Aug 5, 2014
If Bush is your hero, you have very low standards.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180957 Aug 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>1. Nobody said we didn't have a problem. I know there's a problem, you know there's a problem, the border agent knows we have a problem. Nothing I said could reasonably be interpreted, or easily be twisted, into denying there was a problem.
2. The use of the term grunt was a description of the position he occupies, not of him personally. He's no different than a PFC or a corporal in the military (a Seaman or a 3rd Class Petty Officer in the Navy/Coast Guard). I've been posting here long enough for you to have figured that out if you were willing to do so, but you just flat out refuse to do it.
No surprise I got the same sense CC did, and believed you were casting aspersions on the
border patrolman.

But I'll go a bit further and declare that it seems you're determined to be contrary, regardless of the issue. Maybe you think that's what "sells" better, or you get bored sitting in your office all day, IDK. But I can tell ya it is definitely "annoying". And I know you're concerned about being annoying.

You can defend your 2 vote for Obama all ya want, and claim it wouldn't have mattered who was in the Oval Office, but no matter how ya wash it, spin it, rinse it out, run it thru again and then dry it, Obama should NEVER've been allowed out of Chicago. I know it, the polls show it, and it's just very unfortunate that partisan shills were fleeced by a smooth talkin' rookie.

There are numerous overseas crises, and a few domestic ones, and your great savior thinks it's best to just ignore everything and hope it goes away while at the same time jetting off for various fund raisers. Obama does NOT wanna lose the Senate so "screw everything else."

I'm terribly ashamed of Obama's inexperience and lack of leadership, and I'm terribly ashamed that people like you were done in by his phony charisma and phony charm.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#180958 Aug 5, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
If Bush is your hero, you have very low standards.
This from a whacked-out TROLL with over 27,000 posts that just repeats this same msg like a parrot about every 6 months or so. SquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaK!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180959 Aug 5, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise I got the same sense CC did, and believed you were casting aspersions on the
border patrolman.
But I'll go a bit further and declare that it seems you're determined to be contrary, regardless of the issue. Maybe you think that's what "sells" better, or you get bored sitting in your office all day, IDK. But I can tell ya it is definitely "annoying". And I know you're concerned about being annoying.
You can defend your 2 vote for Obama all ya want, and claim it wouldn't have mattered who was in the Oval Office, but no matter how ya wash it, spin it, rinse it out, run it thru again and then dry it, Obama should NEVER've been allowed out of Chicago. I know it, the polls show it, and it's just very unfortunate that partisan shills were fleeced by a smooth talkin' rookie.
There are numerous overseas crises, and a few domestic ones, and your great savior thinks it's best to just ignore everything and hope it goes away while at the same time jetting off for various fund raisers. Obama does NOT wanna lose the Senate so "screw everything else."
I'm terribly ashamed of Obama's inexperience and lack of leadership, and I'm terribly ashamed that people like you were done in by his phony charisma and phony charm.
Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?

Gee, give a guy some notice when you're going to change the subject, at least when there's no logical flow to it. Just because you are obsessed with Obama doesn't mean I am too, bob - and no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you will it to be so, not every disagreement I have with posters in this thread can be explained away by my being a liberal or being as obsessed with defending Obama as some are for attacking him.

See, I thought we were talking about this so-called story about a border patrol agent making an off the cuff remark. I don't think there's anything to the story. It doesn't rate being called a puff piece. and isn't even good propaganda by the standards of the Blaze. It's less than an episode of Seinfeld, which Jerry himself said was a show about nothing. It's not about being contrary, or bored, or wanting to be annoying. That's just my opinion of the meaningless story, period.

As far as you thinking I was attacking the border patrol agent personally - you also have been reading this thread long enough to, if you chose to do that, know that's not how I roll.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#180960 Aug 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?
Gee, give a guy some notice when you're going to change the subject, at least when there's no logical flow to it. Just because you are obsessed with Obama doesn't mean I am too, bob - and no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you will it to be so, not every disagreement I have with posters in this thread can be explained away by my being a liberal or being as obsessed with defending Obama as some are for attacking him.
Perhaps ya didn't see the disclaimer I wrote about "going a bit further?" That's an indication that I have more to say than the original manuscript dictated.

And I've not attached ALL of your disagreements with other posters to being a liberal in constant defense of Obama. But It probably SEEMS that way with one freakin' crisis after another, first on the domestic front, then overseas.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I thought we were talking about this so-called story about a border patrol agent making an off the cuff remark. I don't think there's anything to the story. It doesn't rate being called a puff piece. and isn't even good propaganda by the standards of the Blaze. It's less than an episode of Seinfeld, which Jerry himself said was a show about nothing. It's not about being contrary, or bored, or wanting to be annoying. That's just my opinion of the meaningless story, period.
BS. The "non-story" wasn't meant to be a sensational "seat gripper", but more of a "sign of the times" story. You couldn't even accept THAT. You had to downgrade it to an episode of Seinfeld. C'mon man. You KNOW if I didn't respect yer opinion, I wouldn't be preachin'.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as you thinking I was attacking the border patrol agent personally - you also have been reading this thread long enough to, if you chose to do that, know that's not how I roll.
NEVER said you were personally attacking the CBP agent, Wilbey. I said I got the same sense (as CC did) that you were "casting aspersions" on him by referring to him as a "grunt".
Context is nearly as important as the text itself, and in the context of your original msg, the sense was obvious to at least 2 of us.

However, you DID explain YOUR reason for the "grunt" comment, and I have no problem believing that was your intention.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#180961 Aug 6, 2014
<quoted text>
For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".

Uh....isn't that what he's suing the President for?

Speaking of games and thrones.......
Clearwater

United States

#180962 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>1. Nobody said we didn't have a problem. I know there's a problem, you know there's a problem, the border agent knows we have a problem. Nothing I said could reasonably be interpreted, or easily be twisted, into denying there was a problem.
Good morning. Perhaps I read you wrong in your post about drawing conclusions. And if you were the only or few people on the left I'd read that marginalized certain povs I might agree. Think you also said he was a nobody? See political povs aside I think everyone has value. Again if that's your way of just listing his job position so be it. Since I see BB also read it that way my thinking can't so off.
Clearwater

United States

#180963 Aug 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".
Like a Senate that flat out refuses to vote on much. But as usual a certain part of the population doesn't know or care and just follows the leader of whatever happens to be cool.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180964 Aug 6, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
border patrolman.
Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.

Location hidden

#180965 Aug 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... defend my vote for Obama?
The you're off topic is a dodge. You say you're not obsessed with Obama (I think you are) but you are definitely an enabler of foollish decisions and empty rhetoric.

Location hidden

#180966 Aug 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>For me, what is far "sadder" than a toss-off remark by a gov't worker bee is a Congress that went to recess without doing ANY thing about it. Amping up the "sadness" are Speaker of the House and erstwhile Beach Boy John Boehner saying that it's no big deal that they did nothing because the President could take Executive action "without the need for Congressional action".
I'll listen to your problems with Boehner If you listen to my problems with Reid.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180967 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The you're off topic is a dodge. You say you're not obsessed with Obama (I think you are) but you are definitely an enabler of foollish decisions and empty rhetoric.
Of course you think I am obsessed with Obama.

I must be like you, right?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180968 Aug 6, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Great post BB. I totally agree with you. I suppose there is almost a need to defend Obama, like you would family. but I believe Willie is more interested in defending himself For what I think he knows on some level was a bad decision. It doesn't even have to be that anyone with liberal ideals has to fee they need to support Obama. Obama is so far away from any ideals.
What am I supposedly interested in defending myself for, exactly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Snake Eyes 26,383
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 3 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with ... 685,787
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Aerobatty 985,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,749
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 2 hr Ricky F 1,834
More from around the web