Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180589 Jul 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mean spirit is very active around here.
It's an unfortunate fact.
OH, like your persistent drum beat, "woe is you" for CC?

Worthless troll!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#180590 Jul 24, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
lol.
Are you always the victim??
Anyways.. 9 year olds need to be supervised by responsible adults.
A park is not a suitable place for a 9 year old to be dropped off in
while the child's mother ( or father) is working.
Hope you are never in charge of children depending on responsible adults.
You fail.
I would say that depends on two things:

1. Location

2. Maturity of the child.

Child protective services recognizes that some children mature faster than others.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#180591 Jul 24, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Yer probably 'bout the only Obama enabler in here who doesn't annoy me.(Now that you know that, I expect you'll strive to make the necessary changes).
----------
So Whig party Sec of State John Kerry, after a sarcastic comment about Israel on a hot mike he didn't realize was hot, declared that "they had to get over there". The FAA banned all flights to Tel Aviv due to Hamas rocket fire 1 mile from the airport.
Kerry decides to risk it anyway, and it's soon "wheels down" in Tel Aviv.(Gotta give the boy street creds for bravery,(or is it lunacy)? Well, one or the other.
So then Johnny and his staff expect to have REAL peace negotiations between Israel, and Hamas, a terrorist group who has VOWED more than once to NEVER accept peace with a population of Jews that they are trying to completely exterminate from the face of the earth.
Brother Arabs in Egypt had called for a cease-fire about a week or so earlier, which Hamas didn't even consider, but instead continued shooting rockets at anyone & everyone in Israel.
John K may have good intentions, but he's got about as much of a chance to broker a peace deal with Hamas, as Whig President Obama does working with the Tory party.
John Kerry has a perpetual need to be relevant and he never quite gets there. I hope Israel flattens Hamas and does whatever it takes to do it. Ka-BOOM!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180592 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Location
Child protective services recognizes that some children mature faster than others.
There is absolutely no way to judge that and no CPS I've ever worked with made that judgment. A Judge did somewhere, deciding a child was mature for her years, so molesting her wasn't so bad and he gave the dude a light sentence. I think that judge is out of a job.
Location?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180593 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, politicians will try to use any hot button issue and turn it into a political agenda to advance whatever cause they're trying to advance.
But the border crisis isn't really political, it's legal. The politicians are doing what they do - being dishonest.
Thank you for the apology, I shouldn't have been a smart ass to you, that wasn't the right thing to do either.
The border crisis isn't really political?

In the United States, EVERYTHING is (or can be) political.:Legal issues are no exception. The border crisis (serving political needs for over a hundred years) is no exception.

If the border issue wasn't political, politicians on both sides wouldn't be doing what they do on political issues - raise money, rally the base. There is nothing 'legal' about the conversation that we're having in this thread - it's ALL politics.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180594 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Location
So a child who is mature for its age in a "safer" area has no chance of being harmed?

Oh, I forgot, the child has a phone.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#180595 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, politicians will try to use any hot button issue and turn it into a political agenda to advance whatever cause they're trying to advance.
But the border crisis isn't really political, it's legal. The politicians are doing what they do - being dishonest.
Thank you for the apology, I shouldn't have been a smart ass to you, that wasn't the right thing to do either.
Well, here's one politician who has come up with a creative solution to a real problem!!

DALLAS (The Borowitz Report)—In his boldest move yet to address the immigration crisis, on Thursday Texas Governor Rick Perry dispatched the Dallas Cowboys to the United States’ border with Mexico.

In a photo opportunity with the Cowboys and several of the team’s cheerleaders, Perry explained the rationale behind his latest decision.“Those who would cross our borders illegally will have to contend with the power and fury of America’s Team,” he said.

Critics of the move dismissed it as political theatre, noting that once the Cowboys arrived at the border it was unclear what they would do there.

Additionally, there were questions about how effective the Cowboys would be in stopping illegal immigrants, since the team has the worst-ranked defense in the N.F.L.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#180596 Jul 24, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do admit that the world we live in today is nothing like the one when I was 9. As you know wife and I will never have kids but if we did wouldn't let them go to any park around here alone as I did back in 1983, its a different world. Having said that you have to know what I'm saying is true. People like the msnbc hack openly say what they do and it scares the crap out of me.
Here's one.

http://khon2.com/2014/05/29/kauai-father-expl...

Hawaii. Child misbehaved in school, the father questioned him about it on the way home, the child wouldn't answer him, Dad pulled over, told the boy to get out and think about while walking home about a mile. Child ends up crying, someone picked him up and brought him back to school and called the police. Dad was charged, fined, given probation for a year and ordered to go to parenting class.

Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#180597 Jul 24, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one.
http://khon2.com/2014/05/29/kauai-father-expl...
Hawaii. Child misbehaved in school, the father questioned him about it on the way home, the child wouldn't answer him, Dad pulled over, told the boy to get out and think about while walking home about a mile. Child ends up crying, someone picked him up and brought him back to school and called the police. Dad was charged, fined, given probation for a year and ordered to go to parenting class.
My dad would have been charged by these flakes in government today. Oh, he was 20 years in the USCG btw.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180599 Jul 24, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>My dad would have been charged by these flakes in government today. Oh, he was 20 years in the USCG btw.
Hi CW. Be sure to thank your dad for his service for me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#180600 Jul 24, 2014
lisw wrote:
There is absolutely no way to judge that and no CPS I've ever worked with made that judgment. A Judge did somewhere, deciding a child was mature for her years, so molesting her wasn't so bad and he gave the dude a light sentence. I think that judge is out of a job.
Location?
Yes I agree. That judge should be out of a job. Not only that, he should be thrown in prison too.

If you don't already know that some children mature faster than others, you need to stay out of this conversation. It's common knowledge.

Yes, location. Are you aware that some locations are safer than others?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#180601 Jul 24, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The border crisis isn't really political?
In the United States, EVERYTHING is (or can be) political.:Legal issues are no exception. The border crisis (serving political needs for over a hundred years) is no exception.
If the border issue wasn't political, politicians on both sides wouldn't be doing what they do on political issues - raise money, rally the base. There is nothing 'legal' about the conversation that we're having in this thread - it's ALL politics.
Proponents of an insecure border are calling it "humanitarian aid" and making it political.

If folks would just stick to the law - utilize it, protect it - there'd be very little illegal immigration.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#180602 Jul 24, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
So a child who is mature for its age in a "safer" area has no chance of being harmed?
Those are your word sir, not mine.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180603 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree. That judge should be out of a job. Not only that, he should be thrown in prison too.
If you don't already know that some children mature faster than others, you need to stay out of this conversation. It's common knowledge.
Yes, location. Are you aware that some locations are safer than others?
In what state do you think a CPS worker has the flexibility to approve a mature 9 year old staying in a safe park while mom is at work?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#180604 Jul 24, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
In what state do you think a CPS worker has the flexibility to approve a mature 9 year old staying in a safe park while mom is at work?
California.

The state owns the children, not the parents.

A nine-year-old would be a 3rd or 4th grader, do you think it would be equally irresponsible of the parents to "force" that kid to walk to school?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180605 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
California.
The state owns the children, not the parents.
A nine-year-old would be a 3rd or 4th grader, do you think it would be equally irresponsible of the parents to "force" that kid to walk to school?
Uh-huh.

Basically what you're telling me is that you don't know very much about the subject.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#180606 Jul 24, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Uh-huh.
Basically what you're telling me is that you don't know very much about the subject.
That wasn't a response to my question, that was a personal attack.

I accept your concession.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180607 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a response to my question, that was a personal attack.
I accept your concession.
Ou have a very vivid imagination if you see either a personal attack or a concession.

When you include in your characterization the absurd suggestion that the state owns children, you don't know what you are talking about. That implies a lack of knowledge, not a personal flaw.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180608 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Hi CW. Be sure to thank your dad for his service for me.
You bet.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180609 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Thinking on this a bit as I ran my route today... We all want to be safe but never will be. Lived in D.C. back in 82 when after an all day blizzard national airport opened back up to airlines. Air Florida 90 didn't make it and hit a bridge. Not only did most on board die so did a few people on the bridge in cars. Fast forward to September 11, 2001. You know what happened and in our haste to be safe the Bush admin. gives as DHS, the patriot act and other laws for our safety. Its possible (and I think likely) some of these measures have protected us but at what cost? A bit of a tangent as this has little to do with children but try as we may we live among some evil people. Can we ever be safe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 18,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 684,021
harthside COOKIES 5 min C eh N eh D eh 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Aerobatty 983,396
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web