Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180533 Jul 23, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a slap in the face to patriotic Americans who pay taxes in the expectation of having a safe secure, country. Obama is punishing everyone who questions his word. He is more willing to inflict pain on Americans that he is our enemies.
True and he has said as much on Univision.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#180534 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like people calling Christians 'fundies' and saying the world would be better if they were all dead?
I hesitated to bring religion into the mix, but now I will since you brought it up.

It is religion, in this case the Christian religion, that dehumanizes those who aren't Christians. You believe that others with different belief systems, or nonbelievers, are wrong--they don't know what you know to be "the truth". We become marginalized.

It is quite common for Christians to speak to their neighbors badly about somebody who is an atheist. It's not too different from being a Communist in many places. There are places where, if a person goes publicly states s/he is an atheist, s/he may have his/her business boycotted; or his/her children harassed. This is the reason many atheists opt to "stay in the atheist closet", and not disclose their nonbelief.

I won't dignify your gratuitous comment charging me with saying the world would be a better place if Christians were dead, other than to state that your comment is a lie. I have never said, nor would I, that I wish anybody to be dead. And I challenge you to show otherwise.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180535 Jul 23, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at it this way: I have as much chance of changing his mind as he does changing mine. But I'll keep expressing myself none the less.
Good, I hope ya do. Who knows maybe if you keep at it, he'll finally get the idea.
Good luck with that.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180536 Jul 23, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi CW, I can't say that the law did the wrong thing here. A nine year old should be supervised, not left in a park by themselves.
Hey S and H. Sorry, I disagree. When I was 9 I was on my bike all over the neighborhood with my friends. My folks raised us well and we knew if some kind of trouble occurred where to go for help. But my bigger point is more and more I've witnessed many in authority to do all they can to undermine what Mom and Dad say in the name of protecting kids. Its a joke and the very sad thing is its happening so much now, busybodies calling dcf over nothing that perhaps real cases of abuse and neglect go nowhere. I have a friend that is in a good position and pulled his kids out of school and now homeschools because of this.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180537 Jul 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hesitated to bring religion into the mix, but now I will since you brought it up.
It is religion, in this case the Christian religion, that dehumanizes those who aren't Christians. You believe that others with different belief systems, or nonbelievers, are wrong--they don't know what you know to be "the truth". We become marginalized.
It is quite common for Christians to speak to their neighbors badly about somebody who is an atheist. It's not too different from being a Communist in many places. There are places where, if a person goes publicly states s/he is an atheist, s/he may have his/her business boycotted; or his/her children harassed. This is the reason many atheists opt to "stay in the atheist closet", and not disclose their nonbelief.
I won't dignify your gratuitous comment charging me with saying the world would be a better place if Christians were dead, other than to state that your comment is a lie. I have never said, nor would I, that I wish anybody to be dead. And I challenge you to show otherwise.
Never said you did. What I have seen you do is cheer those on that do it and say hey its entertainment. Still in all my posting one of the saddest things I witnessed was when Christians were said to be "like air pollution" You many not have said it but you also don't ever say a thing about such hate.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180538 Jul 23, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! I've figured it out for myself.
There are no agendas behind it.
That was easy.
I apologize for the earlier rude post, but that's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.

The border issue is an American political issue. With ANY American political issue, all kinds of people grab onto it and use it for their own purposes. This one is no different.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180539 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Hi CW, I can't say that the law did the wrong thing here. A nine year old should be supervised, not left in a park by themselves.
Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

It Takes A Village Idiot To Say Kids Belong To State

Family: An MSNBC contributor revisits the statist notion that while you gave birth to your children and feed and clothe them, they are only on loan to you by their true parent — a benevolent and all-knowing government.

Melissa Harris-Perry, an African-American professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state, something we thought history would teach her is a bad thing, saying in a promo for MSNBC that "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children," Harris-Perry opined.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0409...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180540 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Well I'm glad it's not just me. A nine year old at the park, alone, no adult supervision...sounds like a recipe for a kidnapping by a creep,or a life-threatening injury with no one to help.
C'mon Chris!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180541 Jul 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What Hip DOESN'T DO that you do to an obsessive degree is turn every single conversation around to 'far righties.' I've never seen Hip offer up anything REMOTELY like the general gist of your pitch about liberals.
I think you meant far lefties didn't you? Whatever, you're wrong anyway, in your zeal to over-exaggerate.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't, or don't - I really don't know which, It all comes back to l-iberals and O-bama for you at some point or another. There's no border crisis for you, there's only liberals. There's no issue in national affairs, foreign or domestic - only liberals. There's no chemical reason the outdated milk spoiled in-your refrigerator - it was l-iberals and O-bama.
So ... do your mighty keybored warrioress thing and pretend you have a question while avoiding with all your ability any points I might have made.
Well how in the name of double hockey sticks can you discuss the major issues/crises concerning the US without naming who's mainly the cause? It's a democrat President and a democrat majority Senate, and a minority Democrat House.

Did you think posters would just ignore who they are, and what they represent. I imagine you would LOVE for that to happen, but it is what it is.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#180542 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey S and H. Sorry, I disagree. When I was 9 I was on my bike all over the neighborhood with my friends. My folks raised us well and we knew if some kind of trouble occurred where to go for help. But my bigger point is more and more I've witnessed many in authority to do all they can to undermine what Mom and Dad say in the name of protecting kids. Its a joke and the very sad thing is its happening so much now, busybodies calling dcf over nothing that perhaps real cases of abuse and neglect go nowhere. I have a friend that is in a good position and pulled his kids out of school and now homeschools because of this.
I'm betting your parents knew more about where you were than you thought, and even checked on you without you even knowing it. They aren't undermining the mother she left herself wide open for interference.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180543 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you mean. I was the same way. It seemed like it was so much safer in those days. There were a lot of gangs in my area but they stuck to themselves and they didn't shoot up the neighborhood.

Another youngster was killed in my city a few days ago. She was in grade school and was on a sleepover. The two little girls were making smores and a bullet came through the wall and hit the girl in the head. Plus, you have all these child molesters and it seems like they're snatching a child every day. Times have changed, my friend.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180544 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Just to be clear because some have said I'm not. When the government has a goal to undermine the authority of the parents as we see above, as we see in the Justina Pelletier case I see it as an example of this nation being over.
Yeah, because nothing every happens to unsupervised 9 year olds in a public park.

Obviously, this is a case of the government trying to 'undermine the authority of parents.' I mean, what else could it be?

Chicago, IL

#180545 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
It Takes A Village Idiot To Say Kids Belong To State
Family: An MSNBC contributor revisits the statist notion that while you gave birth to your children and feed and clothe them, they are only on loan to you by their true parent — a benevolent and all-knowing government.
Melissa Harris-Perry, an African-American professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state, something we thought history would teach her is a bad thing, saying in a promo for MSNBC that "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.
"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children," Harris-Perry opined.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0409...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
Wow, what a thing to say!

Chicago, IL

#180546 Jul 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm glad it's not just me. A nine year old at the park, alone, no adult supervision...sounds like a recipe for a kidnapping by a creep,or a life-threatening injury with no one to help.
C'mon Chris!
Hi, lisw. I agree with you.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180547 Jul 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm glad it's not just me. A nine year old at the park, alone, no adult supervision...sounds like a recipe for a kidnapping by a creep,or a life-threatening injury with no one to help.
C'mon Chris!
I do admit that the world we live in today is nothing like the one when I was 9. As you know wife and I will never have kids but if we did wouldn't let them go to any park around here alone as I did back in 1983, its a different world. Having said that you have to know what I'm saying is true. People like the msnbc hack openly say what they do and it scares the crap out of me.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180548 Jul 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text> I'm betting your parents knew more about where you were than you thought, and even checked on you without you even knowing it. They aren't undermining the mother she left herself wide open for interference.
What are your thoughts on the Justina Pelletier case?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180549 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Wow, what a thing to say!
That's nothing. A few years ago I was doing very different work and spent most of my days in Fl. public schools. Can only speak to Fl. but without a doubt here our educators have an agenda and that's part of it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#180550 Jul 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Righto. Welcome to the new amerika where some laws mean nothing and others get in trouble for breaking nonexistent laws.
Parents Are Now Getting Arrested for Letting Their Kids Go to the Park Alone
Debra Harrell, 46, let her 9-year-old daughter play outside alone at the park. The South Carolina child had a cellphone she could use to call her mother in case of emergency. On the girl’s third day alone at the park, someone asked her where her mother was. The girl said her mom was at work.(Harrell works at McDonald’s and didn’t want her daughter to have to sit inside the restaurant for hours on a beautiful summer day.) The result? Harrell was arrested for “unlawful conduct towards a child” and put in jail; her daughter is now in the custody of the department of social services.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/07/...
O......
M......
G......

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#180551 Jul 23, 2014
O......
M......
G......

What's this country coming to?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#180552 Jul 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, because nothing every happens to unsupervised 9 year olds in a public park.
Obviously, this is a case of the government trying to 'undermine the authority of parents.' I mean, what else could it be?
It could be an unreasonable thing to do, an overreaction to a working mother of a child. But what do I know? Perhaps it is reasonable to take what the expects themselves say are very "vague" laws and go ahead and arrest her and put her kid in state custody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 56,346
Obama Declared A Saint, By Catholic Church 4 min andet1987 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 7 min andet1987 2,357
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 17 min Johnny 4,863
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 18 min andet1987 765
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 25 min andet1987 28
the sick dark lonely world of homosexual1987 32 min andet1987 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 650,726
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,092
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 45,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web