Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#180447 Jul 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe a word of it.
Do you? Do you find it remotely plausible?
I believe its plausible.

The post was anecdotal but given our countries less than stellar history, I believe we can make certain leaps to judgment.

Founded by criminals, however, is not so much of a stretch as it is a matter of fact.

Good morning to you too!

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#180448 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Hello back and good morning to you!
I don't remember him being asked to not link anything.
Did he agree to it?
I recall Bob telling him that this wasn't the thread for airing his views on Jews.

He said, "fair enough", I believe.

Chicago, IL

#180449 Jul 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So I watched the video.
It's interesting (to me) that in spite of the changes in technology in the last 45 years, there is nothing different in that video from the foul materials that I was exposed to as a teenager.
Can't say I was surprised to see the Nazi Klansman David Duke at the end, either.
Sad ... truly sad.
Hey, Willie. I hope you're having a good day.

It is truly sad.

Chicago, IL

#180450 Jul 22, 2014
Post 179504 page 8565

Bob: "Yeah, everyone got that the 1st day you stumbled in here. Since you've managed to parrot the same thing into extreme boredom (IMO). Move on."

Post 179512 page 8566

Awakener: "Fair enough. My apologies."

Post 179514 page 8566

Bob: "Danny Boy to Broadsword:'Broadsword, all sins forgiven. Do you read?'"

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#180451 Jul 22, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
Bob: "Danny Boy to Broadsword:'Broadsword, all sins forgiven. Do you read?'"
From one've me fav movies.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#180452 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>I believe its plausible.
The post was anecdotal but given our countries less than stellar history, I believe we can make certain leaps to judgment.
Founded by criminals, however, is not so much of a stretch as it is a matter of fact.
Good morning to you too!
King George certainly would have considered the founders criminals, but since history is written by the victors, to push the argument is kinda pointless.

That said ... the United States was founded by British citizens and populated by immigrants from Europe. Our society developed from those roots, and there was nothing more or nothing less criminal about how we conducted ourselves than of any other country.

You can view the past conduct of this or any other nation with hindsight and you will find appalling things, things that are all but inconceivable today. However, to conclude from that 20/20 vision that we were criminal is to conclude that Newton or Pasteur or Galileo were stupid, because there is so much more known now about their respective disciplines.
marvinsims

Pittsburgh, PA

#180456 Jul 22, 2014

Amazing Bush is a lunatic.King George never aggreed with Bush anyway
UIDIOTRACEMAkeWo rldPeace1

United States

#180457 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>What's your race?
Race Horse! BAhahahaaaaa
UIDIOTRaceMakeWo rldPeace1

United States

#180458 Jul 22, 2014
An NFL Fan aka Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree he's an idiot.
I happen to dislike self-righteous foreign slobs who carry a blind hatred for the US. Do you have a problem with that? Does it clog your precious little thread?
WWW called you Idiot and Imbecile, and i call you moron war mongering grunt of meathead! Bahahahaaaaa

You poster NFl , the real Foreigner here in the US, you represent the war mongers/mercenary,and War-for-profiteering enterprises had ruined US and world with you war machines , I have not seen you ever criticize our US , you hide it and don't care as long you war-for-profiteering from misery of humanity, As those my Good Americans will criticize its nation for it own good, to see do better in world , once again be peaceful nation not a warring Empire , And over 90% of American don't want any more wars, you in the minority as , You NFL and you warring Us mercenary are the real anti-American, Anti-World, Anti-peace, Anti-Human rights, Anti-US constitution, Anti- civil liberty, Anti-labor... you should look at yourselves in mirror on how many you mercenary mass murdered around the world with your War machines, u inhuman war mongering Scvmbaggers will one day face International War Crime Tribunals, just lie Bush & co, Blair & co ... for War crimes against humanity, you next! One for World humanity ! Bahahahahaa
UIDIOTRaceMakeWo rldPeace1

United States

#180459 Jul 22, 2014
The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
Co-sign.
Willie likes to diss others inflating his fragile ego, and does not even realize that he behaves like a troll himself. Just because he disagrees with some posters here, he resorts to childish vocabulary such as the "bogeyman".
Here is an interesting clip for all of you to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-dtQRmCNk20XX
Tell me what you think.
u should check out BAb Bob posts if you go back , guilty also!: Bhahahahaaaa

Location hidden

#180460 Jul 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>King George certainly would have considered the founders criminals, but since history is written by the victors, to push the argument is kinda pointless.

That said ... the United States was founded by British citizens and populated by immigrants from Europe. Our society developed from those roots, and there was nothing more or nothing less criminal about how we conducted ourselves than of any other country.

You can view the past conduct of this or any other nation with hindsight and you will find appalling things, things that are all but inconceivable today. However, to conclude from that 20/20 vision that we were criminal is to conclude that Newton or Pasteur or Galileo were stupid, because there is so much more known now about their respective disciplines.
Good!
Then we agree that in our earliest beginnings and for quite some time, we were made up of... criminals!

A rose by any other name...

Our society did develop from those roots and the tree that continues to grow is certainly the direct result of it. Both its good and bad branches.

I'll give you, if need be, that not all were criminals, if you give me in return that most were.

The caveat - Freedom Fighters, without prior criminal records and law abiding, legal immigrants, excluded of course.
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace1

United States

#180461 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Good!
Then we agree that in our earliest beginnings and for quite some time, we were made up of... criminals!
Our society did develop from those roots and the tree that continues to grow is certainly the direct result of it. Both its good and bad branches.
I'll give you, if need be, that not all were criminals, if you give me in return that most were.
The caveat - Freedom Fighters, without prior criminal records and law abiding, legal immigrants, excluded of course.
The Root is corrupted by those in power and We, the people -90% are good and rest Authortiarian peons Ugly been causing mess at home and Abroad! but Still our UK secretly /collobarates with our in US militarsitic/Neo-imperailism agendas, so is G5 nations/Isreal. Bhahahaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180462 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Good!
What agreement do you imagine you see?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#180463 Jul 22, 2014
This one even includes a reference to the thread hero!!

AUSTIN (The Borowitz Report)—An aide to Rick Perry is confident that the Texas Governor proved he “has what it takes to be President” with his decision on Monday to send troops somewhere for no reason.

By deploying a thousand National Guardsmen to the U.S.-Mexico border, Perry has shown that as President he would be “ready and willing” to use troops without a defined objective, mission, or exit strategy, the aide confirmed.

“Sending troops someplace with no clear idea of why they are going or what they are supposed to be doing once they get there is a key part of the Presidential skill set,” said the aide, Harland Dorrinson.“Rick Perry has just shown that he’s got that nailed down.”

Dorrinson acknowledged that the gold standard for using troops for no reason might have been set by Perry’s predecessor in Texas, George W. Bush, but added,“If anyone can beat that record, it’s Rick.”

According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters.“Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.

Location hidden

#180464 Jul 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What agreement do you imagine you see?
That many of those who founded our country were, in fact, criminals.

And by extension, those who were sent here from England's prisons to help build the colonies.

What were you saying about King George again?

Chicago, IL

#180465 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>That many of those who founded our country were, in fact, criminals.
And by extension, those who were sent here from England's prisons to help build the colonies.
Though I have seen evidence that England, France, and a couple other European countries did unload some of their criminals here, I haven't seen any evidence to support the conclusion that most early colonists were criminals.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#180466 Jul 22, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>That many of those who founded our country were, in fact, criminals.
Uh-huh.

Take religious, political and poverty/debtor crimes out of the mix, and the picture looks very different.

Still not sure where you are seeing agreement, though. I guess that's the point.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#180467 Jul 22, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what to do with this post of yours except hope someone comes by and shoots it to put it out of it's misery.
Yet you had nothing add to the criticism that the President contributed to the problem other than, "Well, he's President! So it's his fault!"

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#180468 Jul 22, 2014
Bush is a warmonger and thief and he never served his military contractual obligations. He's a COWARD.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#180469 Jul 22, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If you honestly BELIEVE that the settling of 'The New World" (North or South) wasn't "a structuring of a country's population - I'm teddibly soddy, dahling, but your comprehension of history is sadly lacking in .... well.....
Nuance.
The settlers of BOTH countries, were the lowest sort of criminals, for the first 400 years.
Nothing really changed over the next 200 - and hasn't yet.
Oh, I can't agree with that.

There was a penal colony in Georgia.

It was not unusual to face "transportation" to any colony in lieu of imprisonment.

All rebels were of course, technically "criminals".

But I think it's a reeeeealy broad brush to say that all, or even most, immigrants to America were "the lowest sort of criminals"

I do think there's an argument to be made that policy then and now is nothing more than "structuring of a country's population". In fact I'd think that would be self-evident.

Far-righties reveal their true guiding lights when they bleat that one out in stoking the fear of the women and children's "army".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Colombo 26,431
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 57 min Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Johnny 70
i think that my husband is a pervert (Jan '09) 2 hr juliakk 159
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 685,770
More from around the web