Bush is a hero
uUIdiotRaceMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#179931 Jul 17, 2014
Glenn Greenwald commenting on John Dean's book 'Conservatives Without Conscience'-
Conservatives Without Conscience
by John Dean
Penguin Books, 2006, p186
keyword(s)
conservatives
neoconservatives
authoritarian
right-wing
"
What Bush followers crave more than anything else is submission to a powerful authority as a means of alleviating their fears of ambiguity, certainty and complexity... the characteristic which defines the Bush movement, the glue which binds it together and enables and fuels all of the abuses, is the vicious, limitless methods used to attack and demonize the "Enemy," which encompasses anyone-foreign or domestic-threatening to their movement. What defines and motivates this movement are not any political ideas or strategic objectives, but instead, it is the bloodthirsty, ritualistic attacks on the Enemy du jour - the Terrorist, the Communist, the Illegal Immigrant, the Secularist, and most of all, the "Liberal.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#179932 Jul 17, 2014
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Bwhahhaahahahh! not dogs in heat?
No. You mother wasn't mentioned, imbecile.

Bwhahhaahahahh!!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179933 Jul 17, 2014
Debunking the "refugee" argument:

The US Border Patrol interviewed 270 unaccompanied illegal children and illegal families, asking them the main reason they came to the US.

Of the 230 interviewed, 219 of them said that the main reason they came to the US is because they were told that they get a free pass.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/lifeofgrace/201...

United States

#179934 Jul 17, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never understand the one time position taken of wanting another democracy besides Israel in the terrorist hotspot of the world and you don't understand why we would balk at spending a "few million more" on the top of the "few zillion" we've already spent on immigrants coming into this country.(And btw, Obama is asking for 3.7 BILLION which is just a wee bit more than your "few million.")
Here's a few more things you don't understand re: immigration.
You don't understand the strain on the taxpayers
You don't understand the strain on our hospitals and emergency rooms
You don't understand the strain on our police forces and security measures
You don't understand the strain on our social services
You don't understand the strain on our schools
You don't understand the strain on our court systems
You don't understand we're 17+ trillion in debt
You don't understand there are no jobs
And that's why my little friend, you're a liberal. You dream big but rarely think things through.
It a right wing policy, you ones our American right wingers ruined US and world with your war machines. Note not a leftie or ignorant rightie like you bunch of lowly authoritarians meatheads.... BAbahahaa
ahahuaa And you have nerve to blame on others !

by Sara Robinson, Campaign for America's Future

Conservatives systematically dismantled the economic foundations of the entire country. Good-paying jobs went offshore. Domestic investments in infrastructure and education were diverted to the war machine. Government oversight of banks and securities was blinded. Vast sections of the economy were sold off to the Saudis for oil, or to the Chinese for cheap consumer goods and money to finance tax cuts for the wealthy.

United States

#179935 Jul 17, 2014

Representative Dennis Kucinich
"
We face a perfect financial storm. The elements are the deficit spending for the war of 3 to 4 trillion dollars, the trillion and more tax cuts, the war itself and the lack of serious investment in the country. We are being hollowed out. We are going to see more unemployment and more people losing their homes. With $700 billion we could have made a real invest

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#179936 Jul 17, 2014
uUIdiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>yea, that's her in the Saree!:) graduate School maybe?
Already graduated and is on her way to a successful career.

She's very busy!

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#179937 Jul 17, 2014
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>It a right wing policy, you ones our American right wingers ruined US and world with
You're nothing more than a leftist stooge, foreign puke.
uUidiotRaceMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#179938 Jul 17, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing more than a leftist stooge, foreign puke.
Not foreigner and Not a leftist as I believe in certain of capitalism! But you are the not an American but US mercenary who only care about war=for-profiteering, as you NFL had not even /ever debate about nor care about our US, good Americans criticizes US but you keep everything secret, nor care about people worldwide not care about the American, In fact you NFL the US mercenary only care about wars/profiteering of at expense of humanity supporting war mongers and war machines manufactrers, you are real Anti-American , AntiWorld, aNti_peace , Anti US constitution, ANti-human rights.... you Warring NEOcons/Zionist/Nazis will face for war crime , just like Bush and Co , Blair & co ., For ffor war crimes at the International War Crimes Tribinal, you next , you will face justice.... BAHhahahaha No if and Butts about it! One for World humanity~\\Vhahahahaaa .

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#179939 Jul 17, 2014
IOWA CITY (The Borowitz Report)— Testing the political waters in Iowa today, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said that if he is elected President, he would bring the flow of illegal immigrants over the U.S.-Mexico border to a virtual standstill.

“There are ways of keeping people from getting to where they want to go,” Christie said, claiming that he was the only Republican hopeful with the hands-on experience necessary to fix the border crisis.

The New Jersey governor was vague about how he would halt traffic over the border, but exuded confidence that he was the right man for the job.

“I’d make a few phone calls,” he said.“It would get done.”

United States

#179940 Jul 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Already graduated and is on her way to a successful career.
She's very busy!
Glad to here that she do fine! give us her best wishes ! As for me i take a different Route Enterpernership! Later catcher

United States

#179941 Jul 17, 2014
uUidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Not foreigner and Not a leftist as I believe in certain of capitalism! But you are the not an American but US mercenary who only care about war=for-profiteering, as you NFL had not even /ever debate about nor care about our US, good Americans criticizes US but you keep everything secret, nor care about people worldwide not care about the American, In fact you NFL the US mercenary only care about wars/profiteering of at expense of humanity supporting war mongers and war machines manufactrers, you are real Anti-American , AntiWorld, aNti_peace , Anti US constitution, ANti-human rights.... you Warring NEOcons/Zionist/Nazis will face for war crime , just like Bush and Co , Blair & co ., For ffor war crimes at the International War Crimes Tribinal, you next , you will face justice.... BAHhahahaha No if and Butts about it! One for World humanity~\\Vhahahahaaa .
S/h/b i believe in certain form of capitalism but not others.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#179942 Jul 17, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that 15% of the population of Honduras actually lives in the US?
Yep, just heard that on Fox yesterday. Stunning.

United States

#179943 Jul 17, 2014
If Mexico is like Iraq we all be probably get influx of refugees/illegals to our border.
This is support my debates
Lying for Empire
by David Model, p280

The mighty American war machine destroyed the infrastructure, industry, agriculture and war-making capability of Iraq in 1991. Then, for the next 12 years, the United States and Britain were responsible for denying the Iraqi people access to food, clean water, medicine and for a continual bombing campaign on a smaller scale. Finally, the Herculean American war machine unleashed another round of bombs on Iraq just in case it was still breathing.
uUIDIOTRACEMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#179944 Jul 17, 2014
ADD! By the Way as of today our \some of our US military forces is still in Iraq... and still ruining their lives! Sad!

United States

#179945 Jul 17, 2014
uUidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
If Mexico is like Iraq we all be probably get influx of refugees/illegals to our border.
This is support my debates
Lying for Empire
by David Model, p280
The mighty American war machine destroyed the infrastructure, industry, agriculture and war-making capability of Iraq in 1991. Then, for the next 12 years, the United States and Britain were responsible for denying the Iraqi people access to food, clean water, medicine and for a continual bombing campaign on a smaller scale. Finally, the Herculean American war machine unleashed another round of bombs on Iraq just in case it was still breathing.
aCTUALLY WILL do it by use of various US MacroEconomic warfare on the mexicans, thayt reason we all get influx of war-torned refugees, illegals.....! bababbaaaa

United States

#179946 Jul 17, 2014
At Lyndi BABY! Bahahahaaa

This is explain how you ruined uS as your a Right Wing Idiocy bankrupting our US!Q Note not left or right like you !

Bhahahahahah

author/source
Going Bankrupt

Why the debt crisis is now the greatest threat to the American republic

by Chalmers Johnson

There are three broad aspects to our debt crisis. First, in the current fiscal year (2008) we are spending insane amounts of money on "defense" projects that bear no relationship to the national security of the United States. Simultaneously, we are keeping the income tax burdens on the richest segments of the American population at strikingly low levels.

Second, we continue to believe that we can compensate for the accelerating erosion of our manufacturing base and our loss of jobs to foreign countries through massive military expenditures – so-called "military Keynesianism," which I discuss in detail in my book Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic. By military Keynesianism, I mean the mistaken belief that public policies focused on frequent wars, huge expenditures on weapons and munitions, and large standing armies can indefinitely sustain a wealthy capitalist economy. The opposite is actually true.

Third, in our devotion to militarism (despite our limited resources), we are failing to invest in our social infrastructure and other requirements for the long-term health of our country. These are what economists call "opportunity costs," things not done because we spent our money on something else. Our public education system has deteriorated alarmingly. We have failed to provide health care to all our citizens and neglected our responsibilities as the world's number-one polluter. Most important, we have lost our competitiveness as a manufacturer for civilian needs – an infinitely more efficient use of scarce resources than arms manufacturing. Let me discuss each of these.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#179947 Jul 17, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up "in the church". There was not a time in my life that wasn't wrapped up in our "church family". Mama was Catholic at birth, but converted us all by the time I was 7 to a quasi-Baptist denom.
I say that only to establish that "church culture" was a part of life and language. The point relevant to this above is that most folks over 45 who also "grew up in the church" remember when mixing politics and religion was verbotten, it was just not done. Why? Well, because Jesus and Paul both made it clear that they were separate realms. Most importantly, mixing the two degrades both. By the time I came here, I was transitioning out of the faith, but like you, I also tried to warn of the danger of mixing the two.
But it's too late. That cat is so far out of the bag it's spawned a host of feral kittens. "Believers" ripped that bag wide open, and not only refuse to see the folly of parading faith on a political soapbox, they at the same time cultivate the support of objections just such as yours, thereby enjoying both sides of the rule - the "freedom" to express their political views thru a religious prism (and vice versa) while also invoking the rule against defending their views on the grounds of their alleged faith being "off-limits". Some re-work Jesus' social message to fit their political views, while others, perhaps more honest, deny that Jesus' social message has any relevancy whatsoever. How they do that while at the same time founding their views on a "Biblical basis" is a feat worthy of Sisyphus.
Thus it is entirely appropriate, when faced with such declarations, to ask just what Jesus' social message was. Not Paul , not Moses, not David, but the foundation of the faith, the itinerant rabbi and social firebrand, Jesus of Galilee.
It sure is done today. So much so that I can't tell much of a difference between the Rev. Sharpton and any other talking head on msnbc spewing the same crap. Funny thing that certain churches often break the law concerning this area and not a word is said while others bend over backwards to comply with laws. I do agree with Willie that some do use God as nothing more than a prop for many reasons. In some churches I've been in no doubt in my mind that's the reason some business owners are active in church.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#179948 Jul 17, 2014
George Bush was and is a dumbass.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#179949 Jul 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure is done today. So much so that I can't tell much of a difference between the Rev. Sharpton and any other talking head on msnbc spewing the same crap. Funny thing that certain churches often break the law concerning this area and not a word is said while others bend over backwards to comply with laws. I do agree with Willie that some do use God as nothing more than a prop for many reasons. In some churches I've been in no doubt in my mind that's the reason some business owners are active in church.
Hey CW, I hope your father-in-law is doing better.

As to religion and politics, I have no problem with a short prayer before any proceedings. But I have no problem with it being left out either.
Lost In Transition

United States

#179950 Jul 17, 2014
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm extremely grateful that the president's policies have led to a "substantial advancement in global tranquility."
Think I'll take a nap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min VIKING 48,137
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 5 min king_detonator 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 281,228
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 min DENG 38,723
How do I own a forum? 17 min king_detonator 3
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 105,556
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min VIKING 971,588
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 646,369
More from around the web