Bush is a hero

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179894 Jul 16, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
On a bit of a different note this does bring a question to my mind. If you don't want to answer no big deal... But I do wonder especially of Christians on the left your thoughts of the dnc convention in Charlotte where at first they were not going to speak of God and then took a vote on the matter. It seemed from the tape those present in the majority didn't want God as any part of it but it was changed for p.c I guess? Me I have more respect for an atheist than people that play games. And I say that for both sides. As a member of a non denominational one I see many that play church too.
If you think I might not want to answer because I'm embarrassed or something, that's not true.

I didn't think much about it because I didn't think it was important. It did not impact my faith, it did not impact my freedom to worship, so why should I care whether the party used the word God during the convention?

You know I've long said that the more often a person mentions the opposition (left, right, con, lib, Dem, Rep) the less value what they say should be given. Well, when someone mixes religion into that you can quadruple it - then double it twice more.

George M. Cohan (writer of Yankee Doodle Dandy) is quoted as saying "Many a bum show has been saved by the flag." He could have added religion to that too. In my opinion religion and politics make a bad cocktail, one where God is reduced to a prop.
uUdiotRaceMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#179896 Jul 16, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you think I might not want to answer because I'm embarrassed or something, that's not true.
I didn't think much about it because I didn't think it was important. It did not impact my faith, it did not impact my freedom to worship, so why should I care whether the party used the word God during the convention?
You know I've long said that the more often a person mentions the opposition (left, right, con, lib, Dem, Rep) the less value what they say should be given. Well, when someone mixes religion into that you can quadruple it - then double it twice more.
George M. Cohan (writer of Yankee Doodle Dandy) is quoted as saying "Many a bum show has been saved by the flag." He could have added religion to that too. In my opinion religion and politics make a bad cocktail, one where God is reduced to a prop.
U forgotten something!
'

Bahhahhaaaa
uUiDiotRaceMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#179898 Jul 16, 2014
Alright who gave me negative ICon on Immigration/refugee issue!

Ok hope you eat your words, this below will support my debate!

bhahhaaaa

Michael Parenti, Against Empire, p58

We have heard much about the "refugees from communism"; we might think a moment about the refugees from capitalism. Driven off their lands, large numbers of impoverished Latinos and other Third Worlders have been compelled to flee into economic exile, coming to the United States ...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#179899 Jul 16, 2014
uUiDiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
Alright who gave me negative ICon on Immigration/refugee issue!
Ok hope you eat your words, this below will support my debate!
bhahhaaaa
Michael Parenti, Against Empire, p58
We have heard much about the "refugees from communism"; we might think a moment about the refugees from capitalism. Driven off their lands, large numbers of impoverished Latinos and other Third Worlders have been compelled to flee into economic exile, coming to the United States ...
Don't look at me.

I'm innocent.
uUiDiotRaceMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#179900 Jul 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't look at me.
I'm innocent.
LOL! i know u and your perspective on certain issues , so you pass my inspection: Not Guilty as Charge!:) Feel better? BAhahahaaaa What ever happen to...what her name?

I know Bad Bob, and few other are guilty party , right wing idiocy is transparent trait, i catch them easily, they GUILTY as Charch! Patern to this madness , as they are Child with a lolipop

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#179902 Jul 16, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could just warn Mexico that if they don't secure their own borders and do something to stop the people smuggling, we'll cancel all US funding to Mexico.
That'd do it.
I'm afraid that MIGHT not do it, PQ.

Mexico has their armed military guarding the border with Guatemala which is about 541 miles in length,(compared to about 1,954 miles-Mex & US border), and are very fierce about who gets across, their purpose, and the length of stay. It's not uncommon for violators to be shot down there.

So Mexico's current Presidente Enrique Peña Nieto, and ALL of his minions MUST be getting paid BIG corruption $$$ by the cartels to allow hundreds of thousands of poor women and children, sometimes children alone, from 3 principal Central American countries to be led across Mexico.(Guatemala, Honduras, & El Salvador). IINM, each of the families had to cough up about $5000 per person to have "coyotes" take these people to the US border.

The drug cartels welcome the chaos at the US border to make it much easier for them to smuggle their drugs & human traffic into the US, and are willing to spend millions for Nieto, his police, military, and whoever else to look the other way.

And one little boy from Central America questioned by US Border Patrol said there were thousands more on their way north thru Mexico right now.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#179903 Jul 16, 2014
uUiDiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! i know u and your perspective on certain issues , so you pass my inspection: Not Guilty as Charge!:) Feel better? BAhahahaaaa What ever happen to...what her name?
I know Bad Bob, and few other are guilty party , right wing idiocy is transparent trait, i catch them easily, they GUILTY as Charch! Patern to this madness , as they are Child with a lolipop
Clementia?
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

#179904 Jul 17, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico has their armed military guarding the border with Guatemala which is about 541 miles in length,(compared to about 1,954 miles-Mex & US border), and are very fierce about who gets across, their purpose, and the length of stay. It's not uncommon for violators to be shot down there.
So Mexico's current Presidente Enrique Peña Nieto, and ALL of his minions MUST be getting paid BIG corruption $$$ by the cartels to allow hundreds of thousands of poor women and children, sometimes children alone, from 3 principal Central American countries to be led across Mexico.(Guatemala, Honduras, & El Salvador). IINM, each of the families had to cough up about $5000 per person to have "coyotes" take these people to the US border.
The drug cartels welcome the chaos at the US border to make it much easier for them to smuggle their drugs & human traffic into the US, and are willing to spend millions for Nieto, his police, military, and whoever else to look the other way.
And one little boy from Central America questioned by US Border Patrol said there were thousands more on their way north thru Mexico right now.
It is sad but true. The USA that allocates the money that is being sent to Mexico, much of it should go directly towards organizations that will provide the basics in education and vocational training. The USA should keep an eye on where and how the money is being spent, and see the actual results of these.

Educating the poorer masses in Mexico is one way in developing the country - especially in the poorer regions of the country. Many in these regions receive sub par education compared to others. This may help more become more informed on what is actually happening in their nation and government, and more will then learn to question why Mexico is in the state it is today.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#179905 Jul 17, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you think I might not want to answer because I'm embarrassed or something, that's not true.

I grew up "in the church". There was not a time in my life that wasn't wrapped up in our "church family". Mama was Catholic at birth, but converted us all by the time I was 7 to a quasi-Baptist denom.

I say that only to establish that "church culture" was a part of life and language. The point relevant to this above is that most folks over 45 who also "grew up in the church" remember when mixing politics and religion was verbotten, it was just not done. Why? Well, because Jesus and Paul both made it clear that they were separate realms. Most importantly, mixing the two degrades both. By the time I came here, I was transitioning out of the faith, but like you, I also tried to warn of the danger of mixing the two.

But it's too late. That cat is so far out of the bag it's spawned a host of feral kittens. "Believers" ripped that bag wide open, and not only refuse to see the folly of parading faith on a political soapbox, they at the same time cultivate the support of objections just such as yours, thereby enjoying both sides of the rule - the "freedom" to express their political views thru a religious prism (and vice versa) while also invoking the rule against defending their views on the grounds of their alleged faith being "off-limits". Some re-work Jesus' social message to fit their political views, while others, perhaps more honest, deny that Jesus' social message has any relevancy whatsoever. How they do that while at the same time founding their views on a "Biblical basis" is a feat worthy of Sisyphus.

Thus it is entirely appropriate, when faced with such declarations, to ask just what Jesus' social message was. Not Paul , not Moses, not David, but the foundation of the faith, the itinerant rabbi and social firebrand, Jesus of Galilee.
uUIdiotRaceMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#179906 Jul 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementia?
yea, that's her in the Saree!:) graduate School maybe?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179907 Jul 17, 2014
Obama’s claim that the GOP has ‘blocked every serious idea’
======

“So far this year, Republicans in Congress have blocked every serious idea to strengthen the middle class.”

–President Obama, weekly address, July 12, 2014

On the very day the president recorded his weekly address, the office of John Boehner released a photo under the headline of “What Working Together Looks Like.” It showed Boehner, Nancy Pelosi and other lawmakers signing the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, which streamlines job training programs, so it could be sent to Obama for his signature.

The Facts

Obviously, one person’s “serious idea” may not match other person’s—especially in the opposite party. In the weekly address, Obama specifically mentioned “lifting the minimum wage, fair pay, student loan reform.” But that does mean that the few bills that have passed Congress this year are not serious?

Here’s a sampling of other bills that passed this year that aided the middle class.

The Water Resources Reform and Development Act, which advocates claimed could sustain as many as 500,000 new jobs.“The first bill I’ll sign today is the Water Resources Reform and Development Act, also known as WRRDA, which will put Americans to work modernizing our water infrastructure and restoring some of our most vital ecosystems, the president said when he signed it.“During my State of the Union address, I asked Congress to pass this bill by the summer, and I congratulate this outstanding crew for getting it done.”
The Farm Bill, which the White House called “a jobs bill, an innovation bill, a research bill, and a conservation bill.” The White House claimed it would generate $35 in economic benefits for every dollar invested and put together a graphic to share on Twitter and Facebook that showed “Five ways the Farm Bill strengthens the economy.”

There were also bills like Home Heating Emergency Assistance Through Transportation Act and the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act, which took steps to help speed up delivery of propane and home heating fuel and delay flood insurance premium increases, respectively.
But, let’s face it, the Republicans have their own list of bills passed in the House but which have failed to progress in the Senate, which they also claim are serious and enjoy popular support. For instance, one pending bill would approve construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, which a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll found is supported by Americans by a 3 to 1 margin. The House list, displayed on Boehner’s Web site, includes nearly 50 bills, of which only a handful have been signed by the president into law.

To claim that “every serious idea” has been blocked is going too far–given that the president lauded at least three bills as aiding the middle class.

Three Pinocchios
> > >

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#179908 Jul 17, 2014
The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad but true. The USA that allocates the money that is being sent to Mexico, much of it should go directly towards organizations that will provide the basics in education and vocational training. The USA should keep an eye on where and how the money is being spent, and see the actual results of these.

Educating the poorer masses in Mexico is one way in developing the country - especially in the poorer regions of the country. Many in these regions receive sub par education compared to others. This may help more become more informed on what is actually happening in their nation and government, and more will then learn to question why Mexico is in the state it is today.
So, in other words, we should throw money at the problem. I thought that was the objection?

I'll never understand how people reconcile throwing a trillion dollars and more at "rebuilding" a foreign country halfway around the world who don't want our help, but balk at spending a few million on ourselves and our neighbors coming to us for help.

United States

#179909 Jul 17, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You missing minute details. Before Hillary Clinton were sec of State she blurted out US small Arms (Registred/liscenced US Companies.) manufacturers been supplying Small Arms to South of the border and those our Americans dependency on illegal drugs keeps drug business going, and most irritating of all is even some of American US Agents/law enforcement are in the drug business as it very profitable , that is very reason Drug war never end on both side ! Wake up stupid, you only telling one side of story, how conveneint of you top side with top dog! Bbababaaaaaa caught you deceptiion , why don't you tell whole stories instead leaving out important stuff, for very good reason as we all now how you work, natationalism, patriotic fervor get people killed on both side of the aisle and innocents often get hurt , you know no shame., you warring supporting onesided grunter... DID I PISS U OFF AGAIN? Come on use you thinking /reasoning skill , as you stand fro corrupted and greedy men who without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and people in it t home and abroad , so stupid learn anything , you grunting fool?

Bhahaaaaa

United States

#179910 Jul 17, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>So, in other words, we should throw money at the problem. I thought that was the objection?
I'll never understand how people reconcile throwing a trillion dollars and more at "rebuilding" a foreign country halfway around the world who don't want our help, but balk at spending a few million on ourselves and our neighbors coming to us for help.
OoooooWW! Can I Can i give the counter... I'll wait and give time for Awakener to answer, then i swoooop in for the finale. Bhaahhaaahhhh :)

United States

#179911 Jul 17, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up "in the church". There was not a time in my life that wasn't wrapped up in our "church family". Mama was Catholic at birth, but converted us all by the time I was 7 to a quasi-Baptist denom.
I say that only to establish that "church culture" was a part of life and language. The point relevant to this above is that most folks over 45 who also "grew up in the church" remember when mixing politics and religion was verbotten, it was just not done. Why? Well, because Jesus and Paul both made it clear that they were separate realms. Most importantly, mixing the two degrades both. By the time I came here, I was transitioning out of the faith, but like you, I also tried to warn of the danger of mixing the two.
But it's too late. That cat is so far out of the bag it's spawned a host of feral kittens. "Believers" ripped that bag wide open, and not only refuse to see the folly of parading faith on a political soapbox, they at the same time cultivate the support of objections just such as yours, thereby enjoying both sides of the rule - the "freedom" to express their political views thru a religious prism (and vice versa) while also invoking the rule against defending their views on the grounds of their alleged faith being "off-limits". Some re-work Jesus' social message to fit their political views, while others, perhaps more honest, deny that Jesus' social message has any relevancy whatsoever. How they do that while at the same time founding their views on a "Biblical basis" is a feat worthy of Sisyphus.
Thus it is entirely appropriate, when faced with such declarations, to ask just what Jesus' social message was. Not Paul , not Moses, not David, but the foundation of the faith, the itinerant rabbi and social firebrand, Jesus of Galilee.
Bwhahhaahahahh! Feral cats? not dogs in heat?

United States

#179912 Jul 17, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
Obama’s claim that the GOP has ‘blocked every serious idea’
======
“So far this year, Republicans in Congress have blocked every serious idea to strengthen the middle class.”
–President Obama, weekly address, July 12, 2014
On the very day the president recorded his weekly address, the office of John Boehner released a photo under the headline of “What Working Together Looks Like.” It showed Boehner, Nancy Pelosi and other lawmakers signing the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, which streamlines job training programs, so it could be sent to Obama for his signature.
The Facts
Obviously, one person’s “serious idea” may not match other person’s—especially in the opposite party. In the weekly address, Obama specifically mentioned “lifting the minimum wage, fair pay, student loan reform.” But that does mean that the few bills that have passed Congress this year are not serious?
Here’s a sampling of other bills that passed this year that aided the middle class.
The Water Resources Reform and Development Act, which advocates claimed could sustain as many as 500,000 new jobs.“The first bill I’ll sign today is the Water Resources Reform and Development Act, also known as WRRDA, which will put Americans to work modernizing our water infrastructure and restoring some of our most vital ecosystems, the president said when he signed it.“During my State of the Union address, I asked Congress to pass this bill by the summer, and I congratulate this outstanding crew for getting it done.”
The Farm Bill, which the White House called “a jobs bill, an innovation bill, a research bill, and a conservation bill.” The White House claimed it would generate $35 in economic benefits for every dollar invested and put together a graphic to share on Twitter and Facebook that showed “Five ways the Farm Bill strengthens the economy.”
There were also bills like Home Heating Emergency Assistance Through Transportation Act and the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act, which took steps to help speed up delivery of propane and home heating fuel and delay flood insurance premium increases, respectively.
But, let’s face it, the Republicans have their own list of bills passed in the House but which have failed to progress in the Senate, which they also claim are serious and enjoy popular support. For instance, one pending bill would approve construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, which a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll found is supported by Americans by a 3 to 1 margin. The House list, displayed on Boehner’s Web site, includes nearly 50 bills, of which only a handful have been signed by the president into law.
To claim that “every serious idea” has been blocked is going too far–given that the president lauded at least three bills as aiding the middle class.
Three Pinocchios
> > >
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Come on Big O' is not decider in this game, he just a Puppet to Puppet masters,

Come on Washington Post and major media is of the Establishment, can you be that stupid to take every word they put out? and her i though you have peebrain! BAbazbabbaaaa

It fun to have you as comedian on topix! Babagaaaa
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179913 Jul 17, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never understand the one time position taken of wanting another democracy besides Israel in the terrorist hotspot of the world and you don't understand why we would balk at spending a "few million more" on the top of the "few zillion" we've already spent on immigrants coming into this country.(And btw, Obama is asking for 3.7 BILLION which is just a wee bit more than your "few million.")
Here's a few more things you don't understand re: immigration.

You don't understand the strain on the taxpayers
You don't understand the strain on our hospitals and emergency rooms
You don't understand the strain on our police forces and security measures
You don't understand the strain on our social services
You don't understand the strain on our schools
You don't understand the strain on our court systems
You don't understand we're 17+ trillion in debt
You don't understand there are no jobs

And that's why my little friend, you're a liberal. You dream big but rarely think things through.

United States

#179914 Jul 17, 2014
uUIdiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>You missing minute details. Before Hillary Clinton were sec of State she blurted out US small Arms (Registred/liscenced US Companies.) manufacturers been supplying Small Arms to South of the border and those our Americans dependency on illegal drugs keeps drug business going, and most irritating of all is even some of American US Agents/law enforcement are in the drug business as it very profitable , that is very reason Drug war never end on both side ! Wake up stupid, you only telling one side of story, how conveneint of you top side with top dog! Bbababaaaaaa caught you deceptiion , why don't you tell whole stories instead leaving out important stuff, for very good reason as we all now how you work, natationalism, patriotic fervor get people killed on both side of the aisle and innocents often get hurt , you know no shame., you warring supporting onesided grunter... DID I PISS U OFF AGAIN? Come on use you thinking /reasoning skill , as you stand fro corrupted and greedy men who without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and people in it t home and abroad , so stupid learn anything , you grunting fool?
Bhahaaaaa
s/H/B a PERIOD after " ... south of the border (.) And capitalization of " (A)nd, those our American dependency..."

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179915 Jul 17, 2014
The Awakener wrote:

That could be done as well.
The harsh reality is, though, that Mexico has an unofficial racial caste system where those of pure European descent make up much of the social elite. The lower-middle class consists mainly of the mestizos (those of mixed European and Native-American descent), and the lower classes are of mainly pure Native-American descent, along with those of African stock.
Mexico really needs to move away from this out-dated, Spanish-colonial setup and start progressing in disseminating education and wealth towards the general population. Another thing is to start proper organizations in fighting corruption within all aspects of the nation.
Interesting approach.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179916 Jul 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. As soon as we get people in Washington with a spine.
Good luck with that. All those turds care about anymore is votes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 841,271
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 591,253
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min waaasssuuup 4,729
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Antique Annie 612,270
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 45 min Joe Fryday 191,503
Rajkot gay Topix 45 min rohan 101
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,168
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 100,178
More from around the web