Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#179824 Jul 15, 2014
On helping job creation one could hit Sean Hannity's home page for good paying jobs in the energy sector. I know. I know. Oil bad blah blah blah.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#179825 Jul 15, 2014
should read hit 2 million.

http://www.mercuryone.org/
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#179826 Jul 15, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>It's hardly that complicated. The core question >should< be, "Does the Executive's use of signing statements and Orders exceed the Office's powers as delineated by the Constitution?"
I really, really, reeeeally don't expect that question to be dwelt upon overmuch.
Why?
Because it's a mighty useful tool to beat up the opposition with, and
it's a mighty useful extension of power when the "right people" are in control.
And they ain't about to give those up.
So, I expect it to be so much press-conferencing and Sunday morning grand-standing to be ultimately filed in the dust-bin along with other irrelevancies like,
"What can WE actually DO to ensure our diplomatic corps is protected?"
or
"What can WE actually DO to ensure veterans receive prompt care?"
or
"What can WE actually DO about Guantanamo?"
or
"What can WE actually DO to promote job creation?"
or..........
You do make a point though. Much of this, heck perhaps all is not going to be solved by Washington. I got a call today from a gop representative. I hung up on him.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179827 Jul 15, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Some people talk some people do. Becks charity just hit million for the crisis on our national boder made so much worse by President Obama
Please explain how charity - anyone's charity - has anything to do with Hip's post.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#179828 Jul 15, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how charity - anyone's charity - has anything to do with Hip's post.
His post is like so many before it. The right does something, in this case sue the President over his I have a pen and a phone and his view Congress is pointless and its nothing but a show. I sure couldn't be because some people in this nation actually care about the actual problems, lies, scandal after scandal after scandal from this pos and most don't care. The charity is from real people that really care and its no small thing now over 2 million has been raised quickly to help the children on our border. Hip rattles off many other things in his rants and again his only point is the right doesn't care, just plays games. Perhaps he is right at least the fools in office. You yourself have ranted for years about the talking heads like Beck making things worse and I really doubt you'll say a thing about the good he is dong here.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179829 Jul 15, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>It's hardly that complicated. The core question >should< be, "Does the Executive's use of signing statements and Orders exceed the Office's powers as delineated by the Constitution?"
I really, really, reeeeally don't expect that question to be dwelt upon overmuch.
"Hardly that complicated?" Where do you come up with this junk?

It's a governmental lawsuit against the POTUS, Hip. By the very nature of the action, it's complicated.

Here are 4 articles on the topic, all different viewpoints but all with one distinct commonality. They all annihilate your "hardly complicated" comment.

http://mb.abc.go.com/discussions/The_View/Dis...

http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/krauthammer-...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Boehner-laws...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/supreme-court-r...
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#179830 Jul 15, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Some people talk some people do. Becks charity just hit million for the crisis on our national boder made so much worse by President Obama
Could you explain for the class just exactly how the President made the situation "so much worse"?(Yes I avoid the word "crisis". That word in that context is reserved for newsy entertainers)

Of course, it certainly is a crisis for those women and children run from their homes by violence. But how does this translate to "crisis" for America?

I know, it's a crisis of conscience. We like to blow about being the greatest, the richest, the most bountiful, the most "blessed", and all that treacle. But when a child comes running down the street away from deadly violence at home, and knocks on our door, we turn out the lights, put up signs saying "Go Away!", and huddle behind the couch sobbing about who's fault it is.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#179831 Jul 15, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hardly that complicated?" Where do you come up with this junk?
It's a governmental lawsuit against the POTUS, Hip. By the very nature of the action, it's complicated.
Here are 4 articles on the topic, all different viewpoints but all with one distinct commonality. They all annihilate your "hardly complicated" comment.
http://mb.abc.go.com/discussions/The_View/Dis...
http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/krauthammer-...
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Boehner-laws...
http://washingtonexaminer.com/supreme-court-r...
Oh I know. "Complicated" is nose candy for those who don't really want something fixed so much as keep something boiling until such time as elections produce favorable results, at which time all the ditto-heads will please resume their pre-2009 lethargy.

It still boils down to that simple Constitutional question. If this President's Executive Orders and signing statements are wrong, it brings into question all such Executive Orders and signing statements back to GDub (as in George Washington). All living and dead presidents are co-defendants to Boehner's sidesho........er, excuse me, "lawsuit".

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#179832 Jul 15, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Could you explain for the class just exactly how the President made the situation "so much worse"?(Yes I avoid the word "crisis". That word in that context is reserved for newsy entertainers)
Of course, it certainly is a crisis for those women and children run from their homes by violence. But how does this translate to "crisis" for America?
I know, it's a crisis of conscience. We like to blow about being the greatest, the richest, the most bountiful, the most "blessed", and all that treacle. But when a child comes running down the street away from deadly violence at home, and knocks on our door, we turn out the lights, put up signs saying "Go Away!", and huddle behind the couch sobbing about who's fault it is.
There's violence all over the world, Hip. Should we allow all of them in simply because they're with a child or the child is alone? President Obama did make the situation worse. He was supposed to secure the border like he said he was going to.

There is a crisis going on with illegal immigration. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on them. These are funds we could use for our own people. This country produces so much wealth yet our seniors go without adequate drug coverage. You better believe it's the fault of all of these illegal future Democrats.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#179833 Jul 15, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's violence all over the world, Hip. Should we allow all of them in simply because they're with a child or the child is alone?
I think what that argument does is lead to inertia by proposing a "what if" worst case hypothetical. It serves nothing in dealing with the situation at hand. That's the second instance tonite when a response proposes a complication of the core question, which does nothing to move the question at hand forward. By stating it so, we absolve ourselves for doing nothing.

The question here is, what do you do when that woman or child shows up at your door seeking refuge from violence? You have your answer, I have mine.
<quoted text>President Obama did make the situation worse. He was supposed to secure the border like he said he was going to
That phrase "secure our borders" couldn't be more vague. What does that mean? How is it positively accomplished? How has the President hindered that goal?

If you are not aware that there have been more border patrols resulting in more deportations in each of the last five years than in any year previous, then you are also among those with an opinion unhindered by relevant facts. What else do you think the President is supposed to do to "secure our borders" that he has not done?

What's more relevant is, what does "secure our borders" have to do with a woman and child seeking refuge?
<quoted text>There is a crisis going on with illegal immigration. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on them. These are funds we could use for our own people. This country produces so much wealth yet our seniors go without adequate drug coverage. You better believe it's the fault of all of these illegal future Democrats.
Illegal immigration is an issue, but I disagree it's a "crisis". That's newzy-speak. But these people have the misfortune of having their real-life crisis right in the middle of our debate about illegal immigration, so they get lumped in. These are not immigrants, they are refugees. The wealthiest nation on earth turned them away. America, America, God shed his grace......on thee?

Frankly,it appears your last sentence belies a predisposition on the question.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179834 Jul 15, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
His post is like so many before it. The right does something, in this case sue the President over his I have a pen and a phone and his view Congress is pointless and its nothing but a show. I sure couldn't be because some people in this nation actually care about the actual problems, lies, scandal after scandal after scandal from this pos and most don't care. The charity is from real people that really care and its no small thing now over 2 million has been raised quickly to help the children on our border. Hip rattles off many other things in his rants and again his only point is the right doesn't care, just plays games. Perhaps he is right at least the fools in office. You yourself have ranted for years about the talking heads like Beck making things worse and I really doubt you'll say a thing about the good he is dong here.
I've noticed Christian mocking democrats aren't opposed to the charity pouring in from all sorts of faith based groups in the form of money, clothing, food, pastoral counseling etc. that's pouring in from all sorts of faith based groups. You 'bible clingers' are the butt of their jokes until they want something from you.

Slimy bunch. The whole damn bunch of them.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179835 Jul 15, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Could you explain for the class just exactly how the President made the situation "so much worse"?(Yes I avoid the word "crisis". That word in that context is reserved for newsy entertainers)
When the White House takes down it's fence and all you bleeding heart liberals put big signs in front of your homes that say:

MY DOORS ARE NEVER LOCKED

I'll give your viewpoint some consideration.
UIDIOTRACEMAKWOR LDPEACE

United States

#179836 Jul 15, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
Most our Americans are clueless, you lowly right wingers are clueless , ignorant ... As Big o' does not have power to change thing, he just following order from CFR, US globalist, UNHCR, US international Political Global bodies, US banksters like Gold ach....and US /industrailist /Coporatost wants to open border of Mexico to Central America, Mexico , not just North American Union but establised a wider open borders a Union of All America to take advantage of Humans talent more like slaves. Wake up time stupid!
Jeb Bush ,member of CFR and wrote immigrations Bill
And along with Cohort Peter Stutherland of UNHCR father of Globalisation all have something to do with Immigation And dirty bloody US dollar,, FT agreements.

You lowly right wing Authoritarians supported these FTA bills that got it all started to despair with Jobs and Immigration , know know you all crying like babies be a man about it, you made all these mess worldwide by you supporting their corporatist Agendas (Right wings policies) Wake up time Know wonder you, Lyndi, bad bob, LIT, and few more .
here a question for you right wing numbskull who introduced and wrote and signed the irritating NAFTA and other FTA bill! Enjoy you dumb lowly right wing ignorant suckers who se to support them and know you cry like babies, it all you fault! Enjoy illegal/legal Immigrant US entry! baHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
UIDIOTRACEMAKWOR LDPEACE

United States

#179837 Jul 15, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When the White House takes down it's fence and all you bleeding heart liberals put big signs in front of your homes that say:
THIS POST OF YOU TO hIP

NOT A lIBERAL ! DO YOU BELIEVE YOU neo./CONS are worst than the Libs! Bhahahaaa

And please answer a question i'd had address to Clearwater Boy, if you not mentally challenge , LYNDi baby! Bahahahaaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179838 Jul 15, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:

I think what that argument does is lead to inertia by proposing a "what if" worst case hypothetical. It serves nothing in dealing with the situation at hand. That's the second instance tonite when a response proposes a complication of the core question, which does nothing to move the question at hand forward. By stating it so, we absolve ourselves for doing nothing.
The question here is, what do you do when that woman or child shows up at your door seeking refuge from violence? You have your answer, I have mine.
Who's door are they showing up at?

Be the liberal, let them live at your house.
That phrase "secure our borders" couldn't be more vague. What does that mean? How is it positively accomplished? How has the President hindered that goal?
Securing the borders simply means not allowing illegal immigration to happen. America fully welcomes and fully supports immigration, but we don't support our own immigration laws.

The tens of thousands of illegal immigrants that have crossed our border in the past few months is how Obama has failed in that regard.
If you are not aware that there have been more border patrols resulting in more deportations in each of the last five years than in any year previous, then you are also among those with an opinion unhindered by relevant facts. What else do you think the President is supposed to do to "secure our borders" that he has not done?

That simply isn't true. Each year, less and less you legal immigrants get deported but more and more of them coming.

Last year, less than 100 illegal immigrant minors crossed our borders, compare that to what's happening today. They know they won't get deported, they know they'll get food, they know they'll get legal representation, they know they'll get medical assistance. What's to stop them from coming here?
What's more relevant is, what does "secure our borders" have to do with a woman and child seeking refuge?
You're assuming that they are seeking refuge. Why?
Illegal immigration is an issue, but I disagree it's a "crisis".
50,000 illegal immigrants in just a few months is not a crisis to you? Estimates show that there will be over 100,000 illegal immigrant minors here by the end of the fiscal year. You don't see that as a crisis?
That's newzy-speak. But these people have the misfortune of having their real-life crisis right in the middle of our debate about illegal immigration, so they get lumped in. These are not immigrants, they are refugees.
They are neither immigrants nor refugees, they are illegal immigrants.

America has laws to protect its borders and we are not employing them.
The wealthiest nation on earth turned them away. America, America,
America cannot afford to feed the homeless and hungry around the world.

Our veterans aren't getting medical attention but the illegals are.

Our senior citizens are not getting their medications but the illegals are.

American citizens don't get free immigration lawyers but the illegals do.

My heart goes out to those people, but they must be deported and they must follow American laws of immigration. Any American that says they don't is anti-American.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179839 Jul 15, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard liberals argue that they don't want to put a fence at the border because "fences don't work".

If that's the case, why is there a fence around the White House?

Hmmm.....

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#179840 Jul 15, 2014
IDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
right wingers
You lowly right wing
(Right wings policies)
right wing ignorant
You're nothing more than an ignorant Somali communist, aren't you, lackey?

baHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
UIDIOTRACEMAKWOR LDPEACE

United States

#179841 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
There's violence all over the world, Hip. Should we allow all of them in simply because they're with a child or the child is alone? President Obama did make the situation worse. He was supposed to secure the border like he said he was going to.
There is a crisis going on with illegal immigration. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on them. These are funds we could use for our own people. This country produces so much wealth yet our seniors go without adequate drug coverage. You better believe it's the fault of all of these illegal future Democrats.
As some to most Violence are f WARS in world caused by our Western US proxy wars, US militaristic Neo_imperailist agendas, Western MAcroeconomic/Kinctic War fare, US /western War-for-profitering,, USD/OIl hegmony and other ill worldly hegemonic agendas!.... did i irritate any of you lowly authoritarains right wingers ..,

Note: Not a leftie nor a rightie like you! bhahahahaaaa

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#179842 Jul 15, 2014
IDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>Adid i irritate any of you authoritarains right wingers ..,
Note: i am a leftie a tightie whitie like you! bhahahahaaaa
Why do you copy/paste crap which you don't understand, greasy Somalian pirate?

bhahahahaaaa
UIDIOTRACEMAKWOR LDPEACE

United States

#179843 Jul 15, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Most our Americans are clueless, you lowly right wingers are clueless , ignorant ... As Big o' does not have power to change thing, he just following order from CFR, US globalist, UNHCR, US international Political Global bodies, US banksters like Gold ach....and US /industrailist /Coporatost wants to open border of Mexico to Central America, Mexico , not just North American Union but establised a wider open borders a Union of All America to take advantage of Humans talent more like slaves. Wake up time stupid!
Jeb Bush ,member of CFR and wrote immigrations Bill
And along with Cohort Peter Stutherland of UNHCR father of Globalisation all have something to do with Immigation And dirty bloody US dollar,, FT agreements.
You lowly right wing Authoritarians supported these FTA bills that got it all started to despair with Jobs and Immigration , know know you all crying like babies be a man about it, you made all these mess worldwide by you supporting their corporatist Agendas (Right wings policies) Wake up time Know wonder you, Lyndi, bad bob, LIT, and few more .
here a question for you right wing numbskull who introduced and wrote and signed the irritating NAFTA and other FTA bill! Enjoy you dumb lowly right wing ignorant suckers who se to support them and know you cry like babies, it all you fault! Enjoy illegal/legal Immigrant US entry! baHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
and few more of you lowly righties are ignorant and now not much what you did by supportimg right winger elitish agendas, you clueless and u rigthie are really the REAl low info voters... Bahhahaaaa Gotcha dumb righties that been coproatistist/media impact controlled like babies at supermarket! Wake up time you lowly rightie Authortirians, stop drinkig the koolaid! APradoxically ironic. to laught or Cry! Most you know me! Bahahahahah MWHAHAHAHAHAAA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 864,351
Poll Gloop Gloop? Gloop! 6 min Child of Set 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min janeebee 6,453
You didn't get my NOTE I leff for ya up unda' y... 9 min Child of Set 2
the most 'DAMNING' part of O.J. Simpson's 'suic... 14 min Child of Set 20
Patriots owner'speech was great but doesn't cha... 21 min Child of Set 2
Sex with demon possessed doll 28 min Child of Set 56
The Christian Atheist debate 50 min ChristineM 1,975
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 612,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liam 599,552
More from around the web