“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179570 Jul 6, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
Oh, boy.

It's Time For The Secret NWO Cartel To Meet
Ultra-Secret Bilderberg Conference 2014

"The CFR is, in the very least, a foreign policy think tank, and at the worst, a catalyst for foreign intervention by the U.S. for the New World Order. The CFR is part of a three tier system of international control that begins with the super secretive Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission, and then the CFR. They pick our leaders and politicians, and apparently have everything to do with our news media as well. Needless to say, this is an egregious breach of journalistic ethics for our media."

In 1968 I used to read this stuff on newsprint. Now I read it on the web.

It has not improved with age.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179571 Jul 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boy.
It's Time For The Secret NWO Cartel To Meet
Ultra-Secret Bilderberg Conference 2014
"The CFR is, in the very least, a foreign policy think tank, and at the worst, a catalyst for foreign intervention by the U.S. for the New World Order. The CFR is part of a three tier system of international control that begins with the super secretive Bilderberg Group, the Trilateral Commission, and then the CFR. They pick our leaders and politicians, and apparently have everything to do with our news media as well. Needless to say, this is an egregious breach of journalistic ethics for our media."
In 1968 I used to read this stuff on newsprint. Now I read it on the web.
It has not improved with age.
I'm guessing in 1968 it would have been in the Village Voice.

"...and the times they are a'changin'."
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179572 Jul 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Let's try this again ...
Excellent research, Billiam. Tanx.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#179573 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Would never have lasted? What are you talking about? is it not the #1 cable newsey format in virtually every time slot that matters to advertisers, with a solid average of 1-2 million loyal viewers? That's a sure-fire recipe for longevity, bob. There ain't no law against it.

Bob, I knew this would bring up the ages-old debate about Fox. If you want a listing go to PolitiFact who cannot be "liberal" cos Rachel Maddow hates 'em. I've shared them before, the quote-mining, creative sound-bite edits, and outright fabrications, and they just keep adding to the list. If it works for you, then hey! it's all good.
The thing is HiPgNoSiS, Fox News Channel claims to be "fair & balanced". There is clear evidence of that since the various hosts are of ALL political persuasion, and the guests are likewise. It's true that the daily lineup MAY include mostly conservatives one day and mostly liberals another day. But the weekly average is how they've been "scoring" it.

Fox is certainly not the epitome of news media outlets, it's one of several available to viewers. But Fox also consistently tells people to listen to their reports and then decide for themselves what they choose to believe, or what stories have veracity.

Lastly, I've watched the network news, ABC, CBS, & NBC. I've also tuned in to CNN for years, MSNBC, and PBS on occasion. I'm not a liberal, nor do I believe liberalism is good for the US. Those stations are owned and operated by liberals (for the most part), and I have no desire to listen to liberal spin. If I gotta listen to spin, it's gonna be right-wing spin.

HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179574 Jul 6, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda sucks...kinda.
You see, what I'm getting out of that, besides that it sucks, is that the republican lead is willing to handle a flat lined nation until it DOES regain power with the HOPES that the U.S of A. doesn't go into a full blown meltdown.
And...according to some here, that ai'nt going to happen!
And that is a helluva way to go about the business of a nation following a near full blown meltdown.

If that were the case, why didn't Mitch just say so? Why would he be so insensitive to the real plight of Americans in that critical time as to say it as succinctly as he did?

Can you say "pandering to the base"?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179575 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so I'm left to context. Soooo if someone joins in, at any time whatsoever, they're "right on cue"?
Was your response to me, "right on cue"?
Paraphrasing Inigo Montaya, "You keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means."
;)
Your best hope is if someone that "got it" is kind enough to 'splain it to ya, Loocey.

Otherwise I'm sure there'll be a few times down the road, where it'll all come together for you.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179576 Jul 6, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... no, actually, for a while now that's the way you come across to me.
That's ridiculous, Wilber. At the very least, I would've stated that in bold print right b4 your eyeballs, OR anyone interested could've simply asked me if that was the case.

Keyword: "interested".
:-)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179577 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing in 1968 it would have been in the Village Voice.
"...and the times they are a'changin'."
I don't remember the name of the 'paper', but I'm sure it had the word patriot in it. Had an uncle whose idea of an okay liberal was Barry Goldwater, and he was determined to 'enlighten' me.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179578 Jul 6, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is HiPgNoSiS, Fox News Channel claims to be "fair & balanced". There is clear evidence of that since the various hosts are of ALL political persuasion, and the guests are likewise. It's true that the daily lineup MAY include mostly conservatives one day and mostly liberals another day. But the weekly average is how they've been "scoring" it.
Fox is certainly not the epitome of news media outlets, it's one of several available to viewers. But Fox also consistently tells people to listen to their reports and then decide for themselves what they choose to believe, or what stories have veracity.
Lastly, I've watched the network news, ABC, CBS, & NBC. I've also tuned in to CNN for years, MSNBC, and PBS on occasion. I'm not a liberal, nor do I believe liberalism is good for the US. Those stations are owned and operated by liberals (for the most part), and I have no desire to listen to liberal spin. If I gotta listen to spin, it's gonna be right-wing spin.
"I'm going to listen to people that tell it the way I want to hear it, and everybody but Fox is too liberal."

Look at all the space I saved......I'm just thinkin' of Lyndi. She hates long posts she didn't write.

>grin here<
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179579 Jul 6, 2014
When you see a format like NPR's morning news as "liberal spin", that about says it all.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179580 Jul 6, 2014
I will give you one thing, bob (reflecting on an earlier post re:jobs). Obama caved to political pressure by hyper-focusing on reducing the deficit by gov't austerity rather than focusing on jobs growth (the opposite of deficit reduction by austerity). He didn't fight nearly hard enough for his original stimulus package, and as soon as he got half of what he asked, turned immediately to satisfying born-again deficit hawks, who themselves only got religion in January 2009. This lead immediately to reductions in government jobs all the way down to the state and local level, severely impacting the recovery, and for what?

To show his willingness to "work across the aisle".

Fat lot of good that did any of us, besides headlines about deficit reduction that NO one reads.

So, yeah, if he sounds a little more feisty as he enters his lame duck period, good for him, but I'm saying, "Too little, too late."

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179581 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
When you see a format like NPR's morning news as "liberal spin", that about says it all.
Actually I had PBS commentator Bill Moyers in mind, and didn't say anything about time of day.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179582 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
I will give you one thing, bob (reflecting on an earlier post re:jobs). Obama caved to political pressure by hyper-focusing on reducing the deficit by gov't austerity rather than focusing on jobs growth (the opposite of deficit reduction by austerity). He didn't fight nearly hard enough for his original stimulus package, and as soon as he got half of what he asked, turned immediately to satisfying born-again deficit hawks, who themselves only got religion in January 2009. This lead immediately to reductions in government jobs all the way down to the state and local level, severely impacting the recovery, and for what?
To show his willingness to "work across the aisle".
Fat lot of good that did any of us, besides headlines about deficit reduction that NO one reads.
So, yeah, if he sounds a little more feisty as he enters his lame duck period, good for him, but I'm saying, "Too little, too late."
Perfect example of liberal spin. Kooties.
Clearwater

United States

#179583 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
This from a guy that rants for years about Fox News. Indeed that does about say it all. Tune in next week when what ever the next crisis is I'm just leaning about as you are and mad as hell about it.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179584 Jul 6, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I had PBS commentator Bill Moyers in mind, and didn't say anything about time of day.
Well, that's PBS, isn't it? That's not NPR, much less NPR news.

I think there is confusion today about what is "news". "News" in the traditional sense is like what you get on the front page of most modern newspapers - this happened yesterday - who, what, when, where, and why. No commentary, no editorializing. I believe this is what I get with NPR's morning news.(plus it's default, because I don't feel like listening to rock on my drive this early, and there's no other FM program with just news.)

But with the glut of 24 hour news, it's not enough to just give the 5 W's is it? They must keep your interest, they have to cater to their identified demographic. Prime-time Fox and MSNBC do just that. Inclusion of CNN as "liberal", to me, spot-lites CNN's dilemna - they are the old cable news standby, and want to hold to those values but at the same time they want to break into the new paradigm of prime-time catered newsy stuff. The result is this mish-mash that neither "side" likes.

But they're not news. They're entertainment built around news stories. Holding that realization, it's no big deal if one wants to slant their stories, as long as they strive for truthfulness in relating that which they represent as fact. The problem is, that very thing I mention above - the line is blurred for many viewers as to the difference between entertainment and news. They take what they're told as fact, and repeat it endlessly as fact, even long after the origin of the misinformation is thoroughly discredited (check out how many people still believe that Hussein had an Al Qaeda connection, for an example).

It's inevitable for mistakes to happen. I don't fault them for that. But, do they offer on-air regrets and correction when they get something wrong? That is the #1 indicator of the editorial policies of the show. If they fail to correct, their agenda is obviously more important than truth, even if that agenda is no more complicated than just fearing their loyal fans to see them be human.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179585 Jul 6, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>This from a guy that rants for years about Fox News. Indeed that does about say it all. Tune in next week when what ever the next crisis is I'm just leaning about as you are and mad as hell about it.
Proof-read before you hit post, please, Christopher. Your arrows are dull when the reader can't make sense what you're trying to say, and I do really want to benefit from your chastisement and ridicule.

Hey, bob, does Chris qualify as "right on cue"? After all these years I'm still learnin'.......
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179586 Jul 6, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of liberal spin. Kooties.
Perfect example of a non-response masquerading as a response.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179587 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's PBS, isn't it? That's not NPR, much less NPR news.
Yes, because I mentioned PBS in msg #179573.

You changed it to NPR.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179588 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect example of a non-response masquerading as a response.
Thanks. I appreciate that.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#179589 Jul 6, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Proof-read before you hit post, please, Christopher. Your arrows are dull when the reader can't make sense what you're trying to say, and I do really want to benefit from your chastisement and ridicule.
Hey, bob, does Chris qualify as "right on cue"? After all these years I'm still learnin'.......
Breaking policy, I'll put ye outta yer misery.

Whenever I, or anyone in the opposing camp post opinions you don't agree with, you will most assuredly appear as precisely timed as the most expensive Swiss watch movements, bringing with you Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Right on cue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 981,426
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Buck Crick 104,962
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Ex Lesbian River 673,543
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 286,297
Poll Bible - Written by Man - Edited by Man (Apr '09) 5 hr Jedi Master of All 1,933
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 6 hr Dom daddy for sub 21
Paul Ryan is a closet HOMOSEXUAL (Aug '12) 9 hr John 10
More from around the web