Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#179356 Jul 1, 2014
This may seem strange, but I agree with the SCOTUS decision concerning bosses and birth control. Ladies, if you want your birth control covered, buy insurance which covers it.

Thanks to the Federal rules, you can now buy it on an exchange, even if your State of residence didn't expand Medicare..........just buy it IN ANOTHER STATE.
YEAY OBAMACARE.
however..........

I
DON'T
agree,
that the 35 foot buffer zones were a violation of Free Speech.

And I advocate that the rights of American women entering a 'clinic zone', continue to include carrying automatic weapons, for which we have a permit.

(And to be acquitted of any murder charges we may incur, in SELF DEFENSE, as a result of being assaulted at a clinic....
That is all..........
The Awakener

Liverpool, Australia

#179357 Jul 1, 2014
antonyto wrote:
Its nice to see you've overlooked that he lied every step of the way. If he had any truth for the invasion of Iraq don't you think he would have gotten more support from around the world?
wether he was right or wrong he did it illegaly. Or does that matter?
Bush Selects Zionist U.S. General Jay Gardner To Run Iraq
by Uncensored Internet

While the S.F. Chronicle lauds this general turned "humantarian" the general's past roles as one of the key leaders of J INSA and longtime advocate of using the U.S. military to support Z-ionism has been removed from the J INSA site

The J-ewish Institute for National Security Affairs (J INSA), a cabal of J-ewish American military officers who have long advocated putting Is-rael's security needs before those of the United States, has removed most all links to J INSA positions which may embarass the Bush administrations drive to appoint General Gardner as the U.S. installed dictator of "liberated" I-raq.

Despite the Z-ionist's attempt to put General Gardner's past down the memory hole, many Arab sources including Al-Quds al-Arabi and Washington Report on Middle East have revealed General Gardner's close ties to the Is-raeli Likud party. The established media should realize that they may purge and censor their news to constantly rewrite history, but the truth lives forever on the Internet. There are still many sources on what General Gardner actually believes such as this J INSA statement on P-alestinian "violence":
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179358 Jul 1, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Knowing what you know about the nature of religious faith, knowing what you know about the First Amendment, I'm a little surprised at this objection.
Now, I'm not cracked up about the notion that an interstate business doing 2 billion bucks a year can make this kind of claim - there's the slippery slope, in my opinion - but the Courts do not and should not get involved in the truth or falsehood of religious beliefs, even when they involve scientific facts.
That's what you seem to be arguing for, and THAT is a slippery slope all by its lonesome.
I think you misunderstand.

- This verbiage opens the door to the court (government) deciding what is - or isn't - religious belief. There is a very thin line, if any at all, between that and a state sanction, or injunction.

- We're given no guidance as to what what the criteria will be for "sincerely held".

- Yes, the Courts should stay out of the determination of what is or isn't factual in a personally held belief, but they certainly should be a last resort for those whose lives are impacted by imposition of a falsely held belief upon others. Oh, sure, Alito made reference to exempting vaccinations and such, but on what legal grounds is the distinction made?

- Slavery endured far longer than it might have by the "sincerely held religious belief" that it was sanctioned and ordained by God.

- Imposition of Sharia practice is a "sincerely held religious belief".

- Corporations as we speak are examining the efficacy of restructuring their "ownership" to take full advantage of this ruling, as it has so much vagary built in to it.

Alito's verbiage sounds more like the musings of a conservative philosopher than a judge.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179359 Jul 1, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but the belief by the masses that they can someday become plutocrats is declining, and the more income disparity increases the greater that decline will be.

I think the 'pitchforks' stuff is hyperbole, but at some point the current trends are going to result in some really unpleasant things happening to the thing which matters most to the plutocrats - their money.

Now, there are tools available to keep the masses distracted - just turn on cable news any given night.
Speaking of tools -

Child Care Child Care Subsidy Program
Child Care Head Start & Early Head Start
Food Assistance Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP)
Food Assistance Summer Food Service Program
Food Assistance Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (WIC)
Food Assistance Other Food Assistance
Food Assistance Free/Reduced Meals
Health Care Dental Care
Health Care Emergency Medical Assistance
Health Care Free Clinics
Health Care General Public Assistance Medical (GPA)
Health Care Hospital Free Care
Health Care Katie Beckett Program
Health Care Medical Assistance for Women with Breast or Cervical Cancer
Health Care Medicare Premium Payment Programs
Health Care Community Health Centers
Health Care Medicaid - Adults 65+ and people with disabilities
Health Care RIte Care/RIte Share
Health Care RI Pharmaceutical Assistance for Elderly Program
Health Care Hospital-based Primary Care
Health Care Community Mental Health Centers
Health Care Other Health Coverage
Health Care Prescription Assistance
Health Care Medicaid - Adults 19-64
Health Care HealthSource RI
Housing Property Tax Relief Circuit Breaker Program
Housing Rental Assistance
Housing Emergency Shelters
Income Child Care Tax Credit
Income Child Support
Income Child Tax Credit
Income Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Income General Public Assistance (GPA)
Income RI Works
Income Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Income Unemployment Insurance
Utilities LIHEAP
Utilities Telephone Assistance Lifeline Program
--

Start cutting any of these and the hyperbole becomes reality.

Location hidden

#179360 Jul 1, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Great interview. Thanks, Flash.
I thought so too.
Yer welcome!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179361 Jul 1, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of tools -
Child Care Child Care Subsidy Program
Child Care Head Start & Early Head Start
Food Assistance Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP)
Food Assistance Summer Food Service Program
Food Assistance Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (WIC)
Food Assistance Other Food Assistance
Food Assistance Free/Reduced Meals
Health Care Dental Care
Health Care Emergency Medical Assistance
Health Care Free Clinics
Health Care General Public Assistance Medical (GPA)
Health Care Hospital Free Care
Health Care Katie Beckett Program
Health Care Medical Assistance for Women with Breast or Cervical Cancer
Health Care Medicare Premium Payment Programs
Health Care Community Health Centers
Health Care Medicaid - Adults 65+ and people with disabilities
Health Care RIte Care/RIte Share
Health Care RI Pharmaceutical Assistance for Elderly Program
Health Care Hospital-based Primary Care
Health Care Community Mental Health Centers
Health Care Other Health Coverage
Health Care Prescription Assistance
Health Care Medicaid - Adults 19-64
Health Care HealthSource RI
Housing Property Tax Relief Circuit Breaker Program
Housing Rental Assistance
Housing Emergency Shelters
Income Child Care Tax Credit
Income Child Support
Income Child Tax Credit
Income Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Income General Public Assistance (GPA)
Income RI Works
Income Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Income Unemployment Insurance
Utilities LIHEAP
Utilities Telephone Assistance Lifeline Program
--
Start cutting any of these and the hyperbole becomes reality.
As if the objections to these programs can't be just as hyperbolic...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#179362 Jul 1, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
This just keeps getting better.
Alito maintains that it is enough that the Greens "sincerely believe" that contraceptives are "abortifacients" (sp?).
In other words, if the Green's "sincerely believe" The Pill aborts pregnancy, that's good enough. Doesn't matter if it's an utter falsehood. It only matters what the corporate owner "sincerely believes".
Don't worry if you don't see the many slippery slopes there. Rest assured that corporate owners are exploring them all right now.
What were we saying about the plutocracy?
Christianity as a whole is an utter falsehood..........

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179363 Jul 1, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I think you misunderstand.
- This verbiage opens the door to the court (government) deciding what is - or isn't - religious belief. There is a very thin line, if any at all, between that and a state sanction, or injunction.
- We're given no guidance as to what what the criteria will be for "sincerely held".
- Yes, the Courts should stay out of the determination of what is or isn't factual in a personally held belief, but they certainly should be a last resort for those whose lives are impacted by imposition of a falsely held belief upon others. Oh, sure, Alito made reference to exempting vaccinations and such, but on what legal grounds is the distinction made?
- Slavery endured far longer than it might have by the "sincerely held religious belief" that it was sanctioned and ordained by God.
- Imposition of Sharia practice is a "sincerely held religious belief".
- Corporations as we speak are examining the efficacy of restructuring their "ownership" to take full advantage of this ruling, as it has so much vagary built in to it.
Alito's verbiage sounds more like the musings of a conservative philosopher than a judge.
Slavery and Sharia Law?

Gimme a break. You're sounding like Higgins et al after the Roberts decision upholding the ACA (minus the righteous indignation of those who felt he betrayed the cause).

The intersection of faith and law isn't completely new territory. There are religious exemptions for a number of things already on the books, for which laws and rules have been created by legislative bodies after court decisions. I'm not sure this is the resounding victory that some are claiming, nor is it the beginning of the slide down the slippery slope the decries are pointing out.

I'm sure there are corporations studying whether to restructure, but I don't think this decision opens the door to a whole lot of abuse. I could be wrong. Trust me - since there are human beings involved, there are scammers aplenty among those looking to restructure.

I told you already the decision makes me uncomfortable because of the size of Hobby Lobby. We may be edging closer to the slope, but compared to something like Citizens United, this ain't no thing.
The Awakener

Liverpool, Australia

#179364 Jul 1, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity as a whole is an utter falsehood..........
That is true, but it did have its purpose in providing a sense of morals, values and ethics among the masses.

In conjunction, the Protestant Work Ethic assisted in making countries such as England, America, Australia, Canada and Sweden wealthy countries today.

Location hidden

#179365 Jul 1, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>As if the objections to these programs can't be just as hyperbolic...
Life is a highway.
C'est la Vie!

Location hidden

#179366 Jul 1, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I told you already the decision makes me uncomfortable because of the size of Hobby Lobby. We may be edging closer to the slope, but compared to something like Citizens United, this ain't no thing.
Size matters?

Location hidden

#179367 Jul 1, 2014
The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, but it did have its purpose in providing a sense of morals, values and ethics among the masses.
I heard this sentiment expressed just the other week. A friend sent me this link. https://m.youtube.com/watch...

Crazy I tell ya!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#179368 Jul 1, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>I heard this sentiment expressed just the other week. A friend sent me this link. https://m.youtube.com/watch...
Crazy I tell ya!
I think people want to be and do good. I disagree that religion needs to be a part of that. I always find it funny that christians think a person loses his morals when he becomes an unbeliever.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#179369 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text>
I think people want to be and do good. I disagree that religion needs to be a part of that. I always find it funny that christians think a person loses his morals when he becomes an unbeliever.
That's pretty close to what I was trying to say. Being good and moral doesn't come with a map, it's a moment by moment decision. My biggest problem with organized religion is that they have trouble parting from dogma even if the right thing to do demands it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#179370 Jul 1, 2014
Just to clarify that I mean organized religion. I will always believe in God and Christ. But Christ tried to teach that you have to think outside the box. When they tried to corner Him on working on the Sabbath, he said you get your cow out of the hole, Sabbath or not.

Location hidden

#179371 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Regardless if it's a sky daddy or big brother, people act better when they are being watched. Since big brother can't record it all, yet, people do better when they believe sky daddy is watching.

Some exceptions apply

Beer is good, God is great ...and people are crazy!
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179372 Jul 1, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery and Sharia Law?
Gimme a break. You're sounding like Higgins et al after the Roberts decision upholding the ACA (minus the righteous indignation of those who felt he betrayed the cause).
The intersection of faith and law isn't completely new territory. There are religious exemptions for a number of things already on the books, for which laws and rules have been created by legislative bodies after court decisions. I'm not sure this is the resounding victory that some are claiming, nor is it the beginning of the slide down the slippery slope the decries are pointing out.
I'm sure there are corporations studying whether to restructure, but I don't think this decision opens the door to a whole lot of abuse. I could be wrong. Trust me - since there are human beings involved, there are scammers aplenty among those looking to restructure.
Well, I'm glad you don't think so. It is a comfort that many don't think so. But I still wonder how is environmental degradation, slavery, corporal punishment for children, child labor, or even Sharia prohibited under the concept of a "closely held business" applying "sincerely held religious beliefs" even if they're patently false? A clash is set up between this decision and existing law.

It would merely seem that the allegedly wisest legal minds in the nation would know better than to utilize such wispy terminology.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179373 Jul 1, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless if it's a sky daddy or big brother, people act better when they are being watched. Since big brother can't record it all, yet, people do better when they believe sky daddy is watching.
Some exceptions apply
Beer is good, God is great ...and people are crazy!
Boy I'd like to see the historical data to back that up......

"Individuals" may act better, and often do.

But "people" as a collective noun? Not so much........the exception historically would be those that do.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#179374 Jul 1, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I've been thinking about this. When I was young it wasn't abortion or abortifacients, but the conscientious objector.
As I recall it had to be based on a religious belief and young men became Quakers in order to keep from going to Vietnam or at least to go as a non-combatant. People tend to be born into religions, but they also will change to a religion that most closely matches their personal beliefs. There is no way to know if beliefs are sincerely held except within one's own conscience. That being said I think most of us assume people are sincere until they prove otherwise.
Since there is room here I want to respond to another point you made, that Hobby Lobby buys materials from China. Don't we all? I try not to and at times I've thought I wasn't and the product came with a big label "Made in China" You do what you can do. Even the Amish sell things that are made in China.
Yes,we buy things from China. It's about impossible not to, unless you move off the grid and live like Thoreau.

But I'm not affecting a religious stance which affects thousands of others who don't feel the same as me while doing massive amounts of business with those who violate that same stance. These are the places where those who hold such beliefs could use their market power to actually put their beliefs into action by improving the lives of others. Wal-mart, for instance, is very well known for using their purchasing power to affect the business practices of their suppliers. Why does it not occur to such entities to use their power for the greater good?

My answer: Because the dollar is the primary god. Talk is cheap, action is reality.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#179375 Jul 1, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>I understood it to be that they would supply and have supplied contraceptive options,(even before ObamaCare), as long as the egg wasn't fertilized.
The objection was / is over an egg that IS fertilized.
No?
That's my understanding as well. That is an arbitrary generation point in my opinion, but that's not an argument I'm making right now. Regardless of the particulars of their original "sincerely held belief", it's my further understanding that as a result of this decision, ALL female contraceptives are swept into the same basket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min quiveringanusredn... 988,435
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min swampmudd 36,691
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 25 min Naughty Nasa 1
Main causes of bullying 36 min HFCS - What It Is 4
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 71
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 688,651
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr CongratsYouTool 6,546
More from around the web