Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179249 Jun 29, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The class will note the hyper-manic reaction of the subject as it's game is exposed. It dashes through the maze hitting all the red buttons at random, seeking any diversion from the trap of it's own construction. It is quite the pitiful sight, is it not? Fear not though. It possesses such low self-awareness, that it feels no discomfort at all. It is for us merely to note it's behavior patterns for future reference. Officer, you may take over from here.
The jig is up, Moll. Is ya gonna go quiet-like or does we gotta do dis da hahd way?
;)
The jig is up with Obama & Co. Do you have any more surprises from the democratic party for us to look forward to?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179250 Jun 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You and Hip are the whole show here and that's the way you like it. Congratulations.
I'm not the show here, lisw. I just expressed opinions on a subject that's under discussion on a public message board.

I'm sorry that you take such great exception to the fact that I don't have the same opinions you do.

I'm done with that subject as a topic of conversation, btw. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other things I post to become infuriated about, more evidence of my insecurities and other character flaws, so I don't think my lack contribution to the drama will deprive you of anything.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#179251 Jun 29, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the show here, lisw. I just expressed opinions on a subject that's under discussion on a public message board.
I'm sorry that you take such great exception to the fact that I don't have the same opinions you do.
I'm done with that subject as a topic of conversation, btw. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other things I post to become infuriated about, more evidence of my insecurities and other character flaws, so I don't think my lack contribution to the drama will deprive you of anything.
That's why you are doing this because you got your wittle feelings hurt by me or Lyndi or both. Don't worry. I've come to realize that your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179252 Jun 29, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>False modesty does not become you, Lyndi.
You are the star of this show playing inside Bush is a Hero, even if everything you say about Catcher is true.
If Catcher is a typical internet troll, then he's taking delight in all the attention he's getting from this season of The Series. If he's worse/more than that, you're showing him how much his activities matter to you. From everything I know about trolls and worse, that's the wrong thing to be doing. I don't see the payoff for you in either case - and since it's being played out in front of me, I've got the right to express my opinion this one last time.
There's a reason I haven't opened a single thread on Topix other than this one without a specific reason for around 3 years - and the specific reasons have been the titles of threads mentioned in news articles about Topix the company.
Board drama bores the snot out of me, and this is board drama. The rest of Topix is a vast wasteland of board drama.
That's my opinion. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, cliques, mobs, friends, foes, or anything other than what's being typed out in front of my eyes. So ... let 'er rip. Question my intelligence or integrity, find the flaws in my character that make me say what I'm saying, tell me my posts are too long or that I make too many of them, hyperventilate yourself into ever ascending crescendos of venom and sarcasm, or any of the rest of that voodoo that you do so well.
Or, you could just take your own power back, take the power away from him, and ignore the sucker. Five years later I've still got mine - but he has no power over me at all any more.
I do voodoo? Who knew?

I see your point and I appreciate knowing that it's happened to you too. I guess I just don't see how ignoring someone who keeps tapping me on the shoulder can help but I've tried everything else. I didn't contact Topix and complain but at one point I came close. The thing is, I don't get what they're doing. I don't understand the behavior. I cannot see what drives someone to just intentionally go bug somebody.
I've been asked in the past why I don't register in here and my supersonic computer guy who has rigged my internet security, said going gray on these types of websites is the most secure way to go.
Well thank you for your post. You are being sincere in wanting to help. I'll give your plan a shot.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#179253 Jun 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure but I may've been one of the early ones to brand chaser as a "stalker", a term that I used loosely to get chaser's attention. IIRC Lyndi came in here 1st and chaser followed her, wanting her to come back to whatever thread they'd just left. Lyndi declined (more than once).
Ever since then chaser has been posting almost immediately after Lyndi has something to say, mostly (but not always) in opposition to the left, and which is usually right on the mark (IMO). But chaser seems to take offense at EVERYthing she says, and tends to post a snide remark following. I'm certainly not the only one to notice chaser's "stalker" pattern.
No I don't believe chaser has any intention of "stalking" in the true legal sense, but NO one should have to put up with <a chaser> on an opinion board such as this one. And it's also my opinion that chaser is only ONE small step ahead of the worst troll in the history of this thread, Global Idiot.
I understand you don't care for him, but bob, you may not recall that you assign that status to each new poster here who doesn't hew to the "right opinions". I too have received the very vitriol from you that you now direct at him. I just ignored you and hung around. You seem to have a sentimental side after all, cos after awhile you quit calling the "new meat" a freekin' troll.

Just keepin' it real, friend.;)

And I don't agree in the least that all he does is post after her. Oh he annoys her. She's an easy mark. Hell, I do the same. She's like that Pekinese that barks furiously when you walk past it's door, so you take to walkin' that way just to rile it up. But you're going to have to look back and post a scorecard to back that up above. It's easy enough to look back - one of the beauties of this thread is it moves very slowly relative to many out there, AND it has few reliable regulars.

All you have to do is hit the post count button, drop back a hundred or so pages, and take your pick. We're all middle-aged or older, and old people are pretty easy to ambush 'cos we're so reliable in our habits. So, try that a couple times, and show me who's "stalking" who that particular day, by your description. I picked one day at random in a previous post that showed Catcher declining to engage in her insult war THAT day. Other days he does. She might think she can call time-out any arbitrary day she likes, and start it back up another, but a public forum don't work that way. Shoot, she's so self-involved and paranoid she thinks the back-pages mean we're all keeping files on her.

Sure he "trolls" her. And she trolls him. And you troll me. And I troll lisw. lisw trolls Willie. Everybody "trolls" everybody, It's a hippie wet-dream. IF your definition is, "after a brief absence, posts a response to a previous post". Shoot, she's one of my favorite "targets" too. She's so very intelligent, witty, opinionated, blissfully self-involved AND oblivious at the same time, and slabberingly belligerent, AND gets so hilariously manic when you rebut her with facts or have the audacity to ask her to support her statements. In short, she's a hoot. Wuh oh, I guess I'm a stalker too.

“The future begins”

every moment

#179254 Jun 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The jig is up with Obama & Co. Do you have any more surprises from the democratic party for us to look forward to?
Dat's better. Eat your gruel.

“The future begins”

every moment

#179255 Jun 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>Shifting gears,(brought up within a couple months ago) I too have noticed that the opposition regs post mostly in Obama defense mode rather than to initiate an on-topic discussion. That this president has stepped in more cattle pies than cowboys that brought herds up from Texas in the 19th Century, is no excuse (IMO).

Cringing or hesitation to initiate an on-topic discussion because of one reason or the other is non-productive. Get over it and get busy. If nothing else, it'll be a change from the incessant
copy & paste wallpaper that the gibberish Idiot likes to regurgitate.
Not that it will do any good, but I'll say it again. It has nothing to with "defending Obama" and that very blanket characterization is emblematic of why it's become tedious. We have been assigned roles, and we must stay within our assigned roles or face excommunication or something. I can't post a rebuttal or a topic without being dismissed as "defending Obama". The vast majority of the ongoing five-year litany of Obama "scandals" exceeded the wide-eyed screamer phase months ago. So, f*ck it. I'll go clean the garage.

Does anybody remember Obama's "re-education camps"? How about the existential threat of "liberation theology"? Yeah, I didn't think so. That's the kind of crap we've been enduring since Jan 9 2009. Republicans, er, excuse me "Independents" scrabble around each home-made "scandal" like coyotes on a road-kill, until they spot another down the road, than run barking and slathering to that one, and so on and so on up to the present day.

The United States caught and killed Osama bin Laden. Did we exult as a nation? Hell, no. A noisy contingent of our nation felt the necessity of disparaging the accomplishment for fear that the current president might get some undue "credit". THAT is an historical first.

And i have posted topics. Most recently I wrote about the minimum wage. The response? "Oh, you're just trying to take the focus of Obama's scandals!" EVERYthing is run through that filter.

Ridiculous, bob. Utterly ridiculous. Lyndi's style is fun, sure, but it is more attuned to that vast wasteland out there that we claim we come here to avoid. Every pleasure has a consequence.

Lafayette IN

#179256 Jun 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you are doing this because you got your wittle feelings hurt by me or Lyndi or both. Don't worry. I've come to realize that your opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Why is it so hard for you to accept that someone can look at the same evidence you do, come to a different conclusion than you, and not have an ulterior motive?

I'm sorry you have such a problem with me, lisw, but it's your problem.

The fact that you have such a personal problem with me, the fact that you're lashing out more and more often, makes the likelihood that you could hurt my feelings, wittle or otherwise, pretty slim indeed.

But hey - if it works for you, that's great.

Location hidden

#179257 Jun 29, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it so hard for you to accept that someone can look at the same evidence you do, come to a different conclusion than you, and not have an ulterior motive?
I'm sorry you have such a problem with me, lisw, but it's your problem.
The fact that you have such a personal problem with me, the fact that you're lashing out more and more often, makes the likelihood that you could hurt my feelings, wittle or otherwise, pretty slim indeed.
But hey - if it works for you, that's great.
You know what I have a problem with Willie. It's your belittling of opinions and statements of almost everyone here. The "quit making a big deal out of a stalker" is just the last straw.

Lafayette IN

#179258 Jun 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I do voodoo? Who knew?
I see your point and I appreciate knowing that it's happened to you too. I guess I just don't see how ignoring someone who keeps tapping me on the shoulder can help but I've tried everything else. I didn't contact Topix and complain but at one point I came close. The thing is, I don't get what they're doing. I don't understand the behavior. I cannot see what drives someone to just intentionally go bug somebody.
I've been asked in the past why I don't register in here and my supersonic computer guy who has rigged my internet security, said going gray on these types of websites is the most secure way to go.
Well thank you for your post. You are being sincere in wanting to help. I'll give your plan a shot.
I've been on forums of one kind or another for about 15 years now, and I can't think of one off the top of my head that didn't have their share of them - and the busier the forum, the less controlled the forum, the more of them there are in any given thread on the forum.

You can't always stop them from tapping. Sometimes they'll take the hint and move on to more fertile targets, ones that will respond more often; sometimes not. Ideally they'll find a new target someplace else, but as long as somebody AROUND is willing to keep the drama going (or keep feeding the troll, sometimes under the pretext of driving him off) that's not likely to happen.

All you can do is quit turning around when they tap - and I know that's not as easy as it sounds. We've had a couple of posters in this thread who could play me like a fiddle, and I'd respond even when I knew better.
common sense

United States

#179259 Jun 29, 2014
(silently monitoring)

“The future begins”

every moment

#179260 Jun 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's your belittling of opinions and statements of almost everyone here.
While your terminology is predictably over-stated, it seems to me the tendency to scrutinize everyone's posts equally would be one of his value-points.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179261 Jun 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure but I may've been one of the early ones to brand chaser as a "stalker", a term that I used loosely to get chaser's attention. IIRC Lyndi came in here 1st and chaser followed her, wanting her to come back to whatever thread they'd just left. Lyndi declined (more than once).
Ever since then chaser has been posting almost immediately after Lyndi has something to say, mostly (but not always) in opposition to the left, and which is usually right on the mark (IMO). But chaser seems to take offense at EVERYthing she says, and tends to post a snide remark following. I'm certainly not the only one to notice chaser's "stalker" pattern.
No I don't believe chaser has any intention of "stalking" in the true legal sense, but NO one should have to put up with <a chaser> on an opinion board such as this one. And it's also my opinion that chaser is only ONE small step ahead of the worst troll in the history of this thread, Global Idiot.
Shifting gears,(brought up within a couple months ago) I too have noticed that the opposition regs post mostly in Obama defense mode rather than to initiate an on-topic discussion. That this president has stepped in more cattle pies than cowboys that brought herds up from Texas in the 19th Century, is no excuse (IMO).
Cringing or hesitation to initiate an on-topic discussion because of one reason or the other is non-productive. Get over it and get busy. If nothing else, it'll be a change from the incessant
copy & paste wallpaper that the gibberish Idiot likes to regurgitate.
Here Bob. I brought you a present.

http://www.1959bhsmustangs.com/VideoJukebox.h... #

Lafayette IN

#179262 Jun 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You know what I have a problem with Willie. It's your belittling of opinions and statements of almost everyone here. The "quit making a big deal out of a stalker" is just the last straw.
You do realize I've said nothing of the sort, right?

We've disagreed about whether we should be talking troll or stalker. Along with that, I have said to quit giving the (troll/stalker) what he wants - attention or control. I've said that every time this subject has come up.

This round started because Catcher said something about Lyndi, Hip replied, you warned him off, and Hip replied to you.

What are we going to do at recess tomorrow, kids?

“The future begins”

every moment

#179263 Jun 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The "quit making a big deal out of a stalker" is just the last straw.
After repeated requests, no one has yet offered one instance, much less a series of instances, that qualifies as "stalking". Not one.

Just as I showed previously, on any given day, you can easily find an exchange where she was belittling to his person, and he declined to engage on par. There was another on the same page where he wrote to Chris, and she denounced THAT post with slurs. Again, he declined to "play". Lyndi slams people in imaginative ways on a daily basis. It is her stock in trade. You people egg her on.

THAT's the way I've remembered their interaction throughout. You cannot throw out personal slurs, and then pull a stalker card the next day just cos you think that's the best way to shut him down. That's why this "stalker" crap is made up. Your defense of that behavior is equally discouraging.

“The future begins”

every moment

#179264 Jun 29, 2014
common sense wrote:
(silently monitoring)
stalker.

Or is it worthless freekin' troll day?

I get my days mixed up.

bob, I I need a new calendar.

Location hidden

#179265 Jun 29, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize I've said nothing of the sort, right?
We've disagreed about whether we should be talking troll or stalker. Along with that, I have said to quit giving the (troll/stalker) what he wants - attention or control. I've said that every time this subject has come up.
This round started because Catcher said something about Lyndi, Hip replied, you warned him off, and Hip replied to you.
What are we going to do at recess tomorrow, kids?
I'm going to let you have the last word. You gotta know when to fold 'em.

Location hidden

#179266 Jun 29, 2014

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#179267 Jun 29, 2014
<edited for length>
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you don't care for him, but bob, you may not recall that you assign that status to each new poster here who doesn't hew to the "right opinions". I too have received the very vitriol from you that you now direct at him. I just ignored you and hung around. You seem to have a sentimental side after all, cos after awhile you quit calling the "new meat" a freekin' troll.
Close but NO cigar. Other than attempted humor, my vitriolic msgs have been mostly REactive. Early on it was the Bush-haters: Prof Veritas, ETC, and several drive-by haters.
I also went after snipers like ShovelFace, and her alter ego for attacking a couple of cyber-friends that didn't deserve the verbal abuse (IMO). A while back, it was quite enjoyable to take pot shots at the various trolls such as World Idiot. But I got a request to stop feeding the trolls, so I did. But you'd be hard-pressed to find any poster that I assigned "troll status" to, simply because we disagreed.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't agree in the least that all he does is post after her. Oh he annoys her. She's an easy mark. Hell, I do the same.
Didn't say ALL he does is wait for Lyndi to post b4 chiming in with his critique of her. But at least 3-4 other posters noticed a pattern of him doing just that on several occasions. Perhaps pointing it out in here slowed him down a bit. Anyway, that was the intent.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is hit the post count button, drop back a hundred or so pages, and take your pick. I picked one day at random in a previous post that showed Catcher declining to engage in her insult war THAT day. Other days he does.
Irrelevant Watson. One can only stand so much, before responding. Also, there was no need to show weakness by going mute, while the attacker shows NO signs of ebbing.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he "trolls" her. And she trolls him. And you troll me. And I troll lisw. lisw trolls Willie. Everybody "trolls" everybody, It's a hippie wet-dream. IF your definition is, "after a brief absence, posts a response to a previous post". Shoot, she's one of my favorite "targets" too. She's so very intelligent, witty, opinionated, blissfully self-involved AND oblivious at the same time, and slabberingly belligerent, AND gets so hilariously manic when you rebut her with facts or have the audacity to ask her to support her statements. In short, she's a hoot.
As for trollin' YOU, you know very well why I get on yer case. You're the self-anointed misinformation specialist, and you go outta yer way to turn a casual café discussion into a
FORMAL debate. You admonished me quite a few times for not letting people just post their opinions without having me pick 'em apart. Yet apparently that doesn't apply to you. But you not only pick 'em apart, you go to great lengths (literally & figuratively) to whop people over the head, presumably to beat them into submission.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#179268 Jun 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Bob. I brought you a present.
http://www.1959bhsmustangs.com/VideoJukebox.h... #
Wow thank you Lyndi. I've never seen that online, and it appears to be quite unique.
Youtube is somewhat similar but they don't have nearly the one-stop selection mode that this does. Sent it to favorites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min 2all 596,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min River Tam 854,875
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 min I Am No One_ 444,341
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min truth 612,621
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 100,748
London,Erotic,Sensual,Adult Massage 48 min mirabellamassage 2
Annoying Things That Servers or Bartenders in a... (Jul '11) 1 hr stunned 184
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
More from around the web