Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly right, within the strict terms which you present, which assumes only one party has history of provocative interaction.
But you haven't seen the evolution of their relationship here. Early on, Lyndi freely engaged in the very sort of provocative goading as she now accuses Catcher. He saw the game, and joined in, with relish. She tires of the game, but rather than say, "Hey, we got off on a bad precedent. I'll stop if you will," she goes straight to the stalker card.
Concurrent with that, you may not be aware that Lyndi made the mistake of revealing that for some time she had been silently "monitoring" Catcher on other threads, by finally bringing it back here for unsolicited comment, NOT on his content, but to further disparage his character. If that doesn't qualify under the definition of "stalking" then the term has no meaning.
Now I don't think either is stalking. I think both have engaged in some pretty sophomoric, even moronic, behavior. I think they started a game, and now she doesn't want to play, EXCEPT when she wants to play.
Finally, this is one facet of her preferred tactics, call it a bait and switch. She has been known to toss out disparaging gender-based innuendo, and then crying foul when received in turn. Taken together, they are strategies of demonizing and marginalization of an opponent, while garnering sympathetic reaction from allies. It's all in the game.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy spirited discussion and lively banter. I enjoy the give and take of wit and wordplay. I especially appreciate imaginative use of the marvelous English language. Lyndi brings that in spades. Except she spoils it by her "anything goes" approach, most especially with these very tactics of demonization designed to dismiss opponents by any and all means. When I see that, I say bs.
<quoted text>Two-faced, maybe?
Actually you're right. That's exactly my reaction when she plays the stalker card. Stalking is a serious issue, and to use it as a tactic dilutes a serious social problem. My "stategery" is to assess an opponent and play at their level. Play too high, and they accuse you of condescension. Play too low and they accuse you of dirty pool. It's all in the game. Aim for the level playing field and it negates their ability to accuse on tactical grounds. Perhaps at some point you can hope they'll realize the futility of character assassinations and stick to topics and issues in a lively, and sometimes even fun, environment.
How about them Cubs?
;)
Be Well.
HipG
The provocation is what Lyndi says it is, plain and simple. If your daughter said she was raped I know you wouldn't ask her "Well what did you do to provoke that?" This may not seem so serious but it is wrong for anyone to make another uncomfortable and even fearful. Willie said he'd back off if he were perceived that way, but you seem to revel in it. that is sending off messages of someone who I happen to know you are not.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You are not understanding the process. If GM cars were selling as well as the foreign makes and Ford then they would not be in trouble. I agree that when they were gasping paying out bonuses didn't make sense but that was not at the core. You know now that even with government intervention GM continues to operate badly. Bad companies should go under. Even good companies should go under if they are not innovative enough to stand on their own. Like biofuels. A couple years to give them time to build, yes, 40 years, no way.(and you know I'm all for biofuels)
I was struck by your statement of Eastern KY and WVA being poor. You are right about that because coal was sold so cheap to the steal industry up in Michigan and Northern Ohio. For a long time they flourished. Coal needs to be priced right and that may mean some increases in electricity but not the increases that bolstering solar and wind will cause. If solar and wind can stand alone and make a profit more power to 'em.
In a few days my wife will fly up to visit her mom. The trip was planned but now with her brother in his situation she can't get up quick enough. A few years ago we drove and I could not believe my eyes the number of windmills along I65. Think its close to where Willie is at, just a bit north? And I'd bet you'd see none if not propped up by government. As you say to some extent I get it, prime the pump. But seems to me politics is getting in the way. I guess some things by force are cool other things not so much.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Anyone have thoughts on the sc unanimous rulings this week? Dear leader said this morning matters not nor does Congress, its his way no matter what. Yea this wont end well.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I expect an outcry of protest. That phrase you applied to the person in question is far far more heinous than anything Catcher may have done or said.
>more grins<
You're always "grinning" at something YOU say. Funny that.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Clearwater wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on the sc unanimous rulings this week? Dear leader said this morning matters not nor does Congress, its his way no matter what. Yea this wont end well.
Obama got roundly thumped. That makes three Presidents in a row who have been clobbered in the Supreme Court.

Not sure what you heard today, but could he have been talking about Boehner's lawsuit, not the Supreme Court decision?

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>In a few days my wife will fly up to visit her mom. The trip was planned but now with her brother in his situation she can't get up quick enough. A few years ago we drove and I could not believe my eyes the number of windmills along I65. Think its close to where Willie is at, just a bit north? And I'd bet you'd see none if not propped up by government. As you say to some extent I get it, prime the pump. But seems to me politics is getting in the way. I guess some things by force are cool other things not so much.
Yes, there is a big wind farm just north of Lafayette, with around 200 turbines so far. They get a tax credit for every kW they generate. I don't know that there are any direct federal subsidies other than that. They're not that different from subsidies available to the other segments of the energy sector, including coal.

Nuclear power also gets subsidies ... and they also have the right to pass on the costs for prospective plants, even if never built.
HipGnozizzz

Astoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're always "grinning" at something YOU say. Funny that.
You're a piece of work aintcha? If you can't get a response one way, you'll try another. That is a petty and shrewish thing to say.

It is >very< common for participants to end a post with a smilicon, or a Hahaha (who might that be?) or some such to indicate a smile in an environment where we can't see body language. I don't in the least expect to see you apply this same kind of scrutiny at anyone subsequent to this who dares to indicate a smile at the end of the post.

But in your inimitable way, you zero in on one particular post out of them all. You feebly attempt to make MY effort at the same indication of lightness that ALL use to be a character flaw in me.

Now if I was to take your bait (as I have in the past), and respond to you IN KIND, in the same vein as you write this above, It would be surefire evidence ot the collapse of Western Civilization. You'd be squalling and squealing at the meanness, the hatefulness, the rudeness, the psychological deficiencies of someone who would say such things.

I get it, lisw. You prefer the rancor. You despise smiles at the end of posts. You prefer to squash any rapport "across the aisle". I ain't feelin' it right now, but when next I'm bored enough to play in this catbox,, I'll try and remember to deliver what you want, just for you.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

So...how do you all think the Supreme Court is going to rule in the Hobby Lobby case on Monday?
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>'
But you're not bitter or stupid, are you?
Indeed not my good friend. I am merely pointing out the facts that the Z-ion-ist Organization has a powerful influence on Western politics, media, banks and education.

In America alone, the Z-ion-ists have invested a lot of money towards Obama's political campaigns. Millions of US Dollars goes directly towards Is-raeli weaponry and economic development, and not many American citizens are aware about this.

The harsh treatment towards the P-alestinians is horrendous. The mainstream media filters out a lot on how the Is-raeli military pushes them out of their homes by force, and the physical abuse is just too deplorable. Many children have lost their parents - seeing them get shot without the provocation. The American Is-rael Public Affairs Committee (A IPAC) has a lot of say in what goes through the mainstream media or not.

The U-nited Nations illegally allowed the Z-ion-ists to form Isr-ael during the 1940s. Since then, J-ewish settlers from Europe, America and other nations started pouring in at the expense of the P-alestinians who were there way before this. Imagine being pushed out of your home by force, and the mainstream media does what it can to censor this piece of information. Would you like to be in that kind of situation????

In regards to the 'Feminist Movement' of the 1960s, many people supported it for the benefit of women becoming equal in society - which is fair enough. But, the Z-ion-ists who advocated this did not do it for this purpose, as they did it in order to brainwash women into becoming 'man haters' who demand to have their careers over being a housewife mothers. This is one of their many tactics in dismantling the traditional roles of men and women in Western societies.

Why do you think that Hollywood (J-ewish-owned) has been placing a lot of violence, promiscuity and profanity in their movies? Do you think they did this for the benefit of the G-entiles??? Look at MTV, they use celebrities such as Miley Cyrus to perform promiscuous acts in front of young female audiences.

The method of corrupting Western societies with all this smut will only decay the very core morals, values and ethics of these nations.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Folks, today is June 28, 2014. I think it's worth noting that this is the 100th year anniversary of the day on which the Archduke Ferdinand, heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary was assassinated together with his wife Sophie. They were riding in an open car in Sarajevo in what is now Bosnia and Herzegovina, when they were shot by one Gavrilo Princip.

This was the match that lit the fuse to what became World War I. And in many ways, that terrible, terrible war has never ended.

May God have mercy on us all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed not my good friend. I am merely pointing out the facts that the Z-ion-ist Organization has a powerful influence...
How very coincidental. I didn't include this fact in my post immediately above this one, as I didn't care to cheapen the memory of the lives lost in that horrible war. But it's interesting to note that Gavrilo Princip, the assassin of the Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie, was a...Muslim terrorist. An anti-Semite, besides yourself.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
How very coincidental. I didn't include this fact in my post immediately above this one, as I didn't care to cheapen the memory of the lives lost in that horrible war. But it's interesting to note that Gavrilo Princip, the assassin of the Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie, was a...Muslim terrorist. An anti-Semite, besides yourself.
Princip was a Bosnian Serb from an Orthodox family.

Now, he may have been antisemitic - about that I know nothing, because it played no role in the assassination - but that wouldn't have been unusual in the time and place.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You may find this article about Sarajevo today interesting, Roberta

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/27/...
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one who has called me an "anti-S-emite". No real surprise here. You must know that the Z-ion-ists formed the term "anti-S-emite" and "political-correctness " in order to guilt non-J-ews in speaking the truth. You Roberta G are another one who has been 'brainwashed' by the mainstream media and education.

Have you looked into researching into the real deep history on all what the Z-ion-ists have done to this world, you would realize that they indeed have committed these criminal acts. The ignorance of how you and many others see all this has got to change.

Do you even know what the K-hazars are?????? Most likely no so this means that you do not have the right to call me an "anti-S-emite" - as you do not even realize that the Ash-kenazi J-ews who are pro-Z-ion-ists are not even real S-emitics in the first place.

Do your research thoroughly before calling someone an "anti-s-emite".
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Judged:

You must know that the Z-ion-ists formed the term "anti-S-emite" and "political-correctness " in order to guilt non-J-ews *from* speaking the truth.
The Awakener

Crystal Creek, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Judged:

The Anti-D-efamation League (ADL) itself was organized in the United States as a subdivision of B'nai B'rith in 1913, and its ostensible purpose was to counter the "defamation" of J-ews, whose public image was even worse then than now. The ADL went about its work in characteristically heavy-handed fashion, bullying and intimidating those who said or published anything the organization considered incompatible with J-ewish interests, and lobbying legislators and other public officials to obtain legislation or rulings which would advance J-ewish aims.

If a prominent businessman, educator, or politician made a public statement the J-ews did not like, the ADL would attempt to persuade him to retract it, hinting at economic or political reprisals if he refused. If intimidation failed, the ADL often would turn to defamation, feeding derogatory statements about the target to newspapers under J-ewish control or friendly to Jewish interests until he was thoroughly discredited in the eyes of the public.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Roberta G wrote:
So...how do you all think the Supreme Court is going to rule in the Hobby Lobby case on Monday?
Don't think this one is going to work out well for them. No worry, I listened to an interview on radio last year with the CEO and he is a faithful man.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Obama got roundly thumped. That makes three Presidents in a row who have been clobbered in the Supreme Court.
Not sure what you heard today, but could he have been talking about Boehner's lawsuit, not the Supreme Court decision?
His Sat morning address. Just a repeat that he knows best and is more than willing to go around Congress. He was specific in speaking to republicans in Congress but it is of note that on some key issues many dems aren't with him either.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one who has called me an "anti-S-emite". No real surprise here. You must know that the Z-ion-ists formed the term "anti-S-emite" and "political-correctness " in order to guilt non-J-ews in speaking the truth. You Roberta G are another one who has been 'brainwashed' by the mainstream media and education.
Have you looked into researching into the real deep history on all what the Z-ion-ists have done to this world, you would realize that they indeed have committed these criminal acts. The ignorance of how you and many others see all this has got to change.
Do you even know what the K-hazars are?????? Most likely no so this means that you do not have the right to call me an "anti-S-emite" - as you do not even realize that the Ash-kenazi J-ews who are pro-Z-ion-ists are not even real S-emitics in the first place.
Do your research thoroughly before calling someone an "anti-s-emite".
Oh boy. I'm on record and have said often I want everyone to say what they wish. You more than anyone are a test of that. Your rants are crap.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
Let me add something I do feel is valid from my own faith. No matter what happens or has happened in this short temporary place
God is in complete control. And as I face a time in my own life where I have no clue how to make it I worry not. He has never let me down. Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

497 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine Eleven 2 min passing gas 50
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Uzi 115,705
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Truth 533,772
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 257,102
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 93,883
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 35 min WasteWater 4,004
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min Anon 722,421
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••