“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#179123 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
If saving jobs is one of the reasons for the pro-coal anti-green backlash, why has more than a century of coal mining left Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia among the most impoverished in the nation?
This will be in my head today, and it's you're fault.

&fe ature=kp

Thanks!

;-)

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#179124 Jun 27, 2014
your fault ... don't want a jack-booted Grammarian SWAT team breaking down my door ...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179125 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>She is just representative of a sizable contingent who assert "there's some rebuttal science out there" without any pretense at specifics, while ingenuously revealing their true source of alleged skepticism" - "Those guys are for it, and I don't like them, so I'm against it." Ironically, these are the same people who sneer at "lo-info voters" and decry partisanship - by the other guys. Helpful Tip - if you hear these kind of people rattle on about thieves, you best count the silverware before they leave the premises.
I mean, I don't pretend to be a climatologist. I recognize what a complex thing climate is to study, much less predict, and so saying, I still can't say I'm entirely convinced. But I can at least point to a couple facts and studies that cause me to be uneasy about our laissez-faire attitude about it, and cause me to lean to caution, in the interest of national security and more importantly, our children's future.
Sidebar - acknowledging here those, represented by such as LIT and other conservative friends, who do in fact respond with contraverting data.
Leaning toward caution is one thing. The EPA is not leaning toward caution on this. They are regulating businesses right out of business on the premise that man made global warming is exactly what John Kerry believes:“climate change can now be considered the world’s largest weapon of mass destruction, perhaps even the world’s most fearsome weapon of mass destruction.’’ China et al don't agree and as we intentionally RE-cess, they look to us in disbelief and astonishment as they PRO-gress. I have a concern we are going to regulate ourselves lower in the world economy because of it and the ramifications of playing with windmills and solar panels will do to our economy what's it's done to the European market.

As a side note, some political academicians are in agreement that the true power in the US from this moment on is not the POTUS and congress. It lies in the hands of whoever heads up the EPA.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179126 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to the gal who silently "monitors" that same "scary" man's activities on other threads. O-kaaaay..........

Your statement reminds me of that moron Todd Akin when he started yammering about "legitimate rape." In your opinion this is not "legitimate stalking" and as the recipient of his behavior, I submit that's not your call,--------> TODD.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179127 Jun 27, 2014
Germany's wind power chaos should be a warning to the UK

"Germany has gone further down the 'renewables' path than any country in the world, and now it's paying the price.

On Friday, September 14, just before 10am, Britain’s 3,500 wind turbines broke all records by briefly supplying just over four gigawatts (GW) of electricity to the national grid. Three hours later, in Germany, that country’s 23,000 wind turbines and millions of solar panels similarly achieved an unprecedented output of 31GW. But the responses to these events in the two countries could not have been in starker contrast.

In Britain, the wind industry proclaimed a triumph. Maria McCaffery, the CEO of RenewableUK, crowed that “this record high shows that wind energy is providing a reliable, secure supply of electricity to an ever-growing number of British homes and businesses” and that “this bountiful free resource will help drive down energy bills”. But in Germany, the news was greeted with dismay, for reasons which merit serious attention here in Britain.

Germany is way ahead of us on the very path our politicians want us to follow – and the problems it has encountered as a result are big news there. In fact, Germany is being horribly caught out by precisely the same delusion about renewable energy that our own politicians have fallen for. Like all enthusiasts for “free, clean, renewable electricity”, they overlook the fatal implications of the fact that wind speeds and sunlight constantly vary. They are taken in by the wind industry’s trick of vastly exaggerating the usefulness of wind farms by talking in terms of their “capacity”, hiding the fact that their actual output will waver between 100 per cent of capacity and zero. In Britain it averages around 25 per cent; in Germany it is lower, just 17 per cent.
==

In brief, Germany’s renewables drive is turning out to be a disaster. This should particularly concern us because our Government, with its plan to build 30,000 turbines, to meet our EU target of sourcing 32 per cent of our electricity from renewables by 2020, is hell-bent on the same path. But our own “big six” electricity companies, including RWE and E.on, are told that they cannot build any replacements for our coal-fired stations (many soon to be closed under EU rules) which last week were supplying more than 40 per cent of our power – unless they are fitted with that make-believe CCS. A similar threat hangs over plans to build new gas-fired plants of the type that will be essential to provide up to 100 per cent back-up for those useless windmills.

Everything about the battle now raging in Germany applies equally to us here in Britain – except that we have only fantasists such as Ed Davey in charge of our energy policy"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9559656/Ge...
===

Small side note: An acquaintance of mine from Germany lives near one of these windmill farms. He told me it employs 2 men working full time to walk around picking up dead birds the windmills kill when they fly through them.

But no worries.
( Liberal ornithologists are seeking government funding to retrain their beloved birds birds to walk instead of fly when they have the urge to travel.)

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#179128 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text> As opposed to those who chime in out of the blue with non sequiturs whenever they see the word "Catcher"..........
As I'm sure your well aware, thats simply not true. I ignore the fool more then anything. thats just not the case with him and Lyndi. Whenever she leaves for awhile and comes back he responds within an hour to her post(s).

You can call that normal behavior, because it probably is among you liberals, but for most of us thats not normal..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#179129 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to the gal who silently "monitors" that same "scary" man's activities on other threads. O-kaaaay..........
Huh, same thing you do..........Are you trying to tell us something Hip?

Oh and by the way you might want to mention that to Le le next time you see her. She's doing the same thing to CC.......... But you already know that since you silently monitor that thread.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#179130 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement reminds me of that moron Todd Akin when he started yammering about "legitimate rape." In your opinion this is not "legitimate stalking" and as the recipient of his behavior, I submit that's not your call,--------> TODD.
Don't see how why you'd be reminded of that, because Akin was painting with a pretty broad brush, whereas Hip was commenting about a specific instance that's being played out on a public forum for all participants to see.

Kind of a big difference, in my book.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179131 Jun 27, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
If saving jobs is one of the reasons for the pro-coal anti-green backlash, why has more than a century of coal mining left Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia among the most impoverished in the nation?
http://cber.uky.edu/Downloads/Sanford&Tro...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179132 Jun 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't see how why you'd be reminded of that, because Akin was painting with a pretty broad brush, whereas Hip was commenting about a specific instance that's being played out on a public forum for all participants to see.
Kind of a big difference, in my book.
The "specific instance" has been going on for 2 years, what's in YOUR book is irrelevant
and what Hips comment should or shouldn't remind me of, Willie isn't YOUR call to make.
And if you feel the need to "see why" I was reminded of it, I suggest you seek help for that. Your interest in weighing in on this is bizarre.

You two just feel obligated to butt into to everybody's everything, don't you?
Must be that liberal compulsion to control.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#179133 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The "specific instance" has been going on for 2 years, what's in YOUR book is irrelevant
and what Hips comment should or shouldn't remind me of, Willie isn't YOUR call to make.
And if you feel the need to "see why" I was reminded of it, I suggest you seek help for that. Your interest in weighing in on this is bizarre.
You two just feel obligated to butt into to everybody's everything, don't you?
Must be that liberal compulsion to control.
Thank you for your opinion on what is and isn't mine to comment on on this public forum. As I did yesterday when you suggested I find a new forum, I'll give that all the consideration it's worth. Actually, as evidenced by the fact that I've commented on both, I've obviously given it MORE consideration than it's worth.

What was that you were saying about control issues? Well, doc, talk to ME when ya make yaself all better.

I've had someone just as annoying as Catcher following me around for as long as I've been on Topix - and that's two years or so before they even started registering posters. There have been a couple of posters here in this thread who went a whole lot further in this thread than Catcher has done here with you, and the very poster who brought this issue back up this time dismissed it all as just trying to get my goat.

This is the internet. There are azzholes aplenty who seem to get their rocks off being as annoying as they can. The more you tell them how annoying they are, the more delight they take in it.

Catcher wins. Again. And the odd thing is, neither you nor he started this game.

Until next time ...

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#179134 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaning toward caution is one thing. The EPA is not leaning toward caution on this. They are regulating businesses right out of business on the premise that man made global warming is exactly what John Kerry believes:“climate change can now be considered the world’s largest weapon of mass destruction, perhaps even the world’s most fearsome weapon of mass destruction.’’ China et al don't agree and as we intentionally RE-cess, they look to us in disbelief and astonishment as they PRO-gress. I have a concern we are going to regulate ourselves lower in the world economy because of it and the ramifications of playing with windmills and solar panels will do to our economy what's it's done to the European market.
As a side note, some political academicians are in agreement that the true power in the US from this moment on is not the POTUS and congress. It lies in the hands of whoever heads up the EPA.
China? Of course they don't agree and look what it's done to their country. On most days they pretty much have to wear masks throughout the day. Is that what you call progress?

Our economy, like the European economies are going to take a hit in the short run while we switch from fossil fuels but we either do it or we risk turning our land into a polluted mess.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#179135 Jun 27, 2014
Should have read "started this round"

Chicago, IL

#179136 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
Germany's wind power chaos should be a warning to the UK
"Germany has gone further down the 'renewables' path than any country in the world, and now it's paying the price.
On Friday, September 14, just before 10am, Britain’s 3,500 wind turbines broke all records by briefly supplying just over four gigawatts (GW) of electricity to the national grid. Three hours later, in Germany, that country’s 23,000 wind turbines and millions of solar panels similarly achieved an unprecedented output of 31GW. But the responses to these events in the two countries could not have been in starker contrast.
In Britain, the wind industry proclaimed a triumph. Maria McCaffery, the CEO of RenewableUK, crowed that “this record high shows that wind energy is providing a reliable, secure supply of electricity to an ever-growing number of British homes and businesses” and that “this bountiful free resource will help drive down energy bills”. But in Germany, the news was greeted with dismay, for reasons which merit serious attention here in Britain.
Germany is way ahead of us on the very path our politicians want us to follow – and the problems it has encountered as a result are big news there. In fact, Germany is being horribly caught out by precisely the same delusion about renewable energy that our own politicians have fallen for. Like all enthusiasts for “free, clean, renewable electricity”, they overlook the fatal implications of the fact that wind speeds and sunlight constantly vary. They are taken in by the wind industry’s trick of vastly exaggerating the usefulness of wind farms by talking in terms of their “capacity”, hiding the fact that their actual output will waver between 100 per cent of capacity and zero. In Britain it averages around 25 per cent; in Germany it is lower, just 17 per cent.
==
In brief, Germany’s renewables drive is turning out to be a disaster. This should particularly concern us because our Government, with its plan to build 30,000 turbines, to meet our EU target of sourcing 32 per cent of our electricity from renewables by 2020, is hell-bent on the same path. But our own “big six” electricity companies, including RWE and E.on, are told that they cannot build any replacements for our coal-fired stations (many soon to be closed under EU rules) which last week were supplying more than 40 per cent of our power – unless they are fitted with that make-believe CCS. A similar threat hangs over plans to build new gas-fired plants of the type that will be essential to provide up to 100 per cent back-up for those useless windmills.
Everything about the battle now raging in Germany applies equally to us here in Britain – except that we have only fantasists such as Ed Davey in charge of our energy policy"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9559656/Ge...
===
Small side note: An acquaintance of mine from Germany lives near one of these windmill farms. He told me it employs 2 men working full time to walk around picking up dead birds the windmills kill when they fly through them.
But no worries.
( Liberal ornithologists are seeking government funding to retrain their beloved birds birds to walk instead of fly when they have the urge to travel.)
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
But what your article doesn't mention is the fact that as the technology improves, the generating and storage capabilities will improve with it. That means we'll get much more bang for the buck. To scrap an emerging technology that has so much future merit is silly to say the least. As improvements are made, Germany will be ahead of the race just like Brazil.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179137 Jun 27, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
China? Of course they don't agree and look what it's done to their country. On most days they pretty much have to wear masks throughout the day. Is that what you call progress?
Our economy, like the European economies are going to take a hit in the short run while we switch from fossil fuels but we either do it or we risk turning our land into a polluted mess.
Oh. Okay.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179138 Jun 27, 2014
<quoted text>
But what your article doesn't mention is the fact that as the technology improves, the generating and storage capabilities will improve with it. That means we'll get much more bang for the buck. To scrap an emerging technology that has so much future merit is silly to say the least. As improvements are made, Germany will be ahead of the race just like Brazil.
Oh. Okay.

Would you pass me the salt and pepper, please?

Chicago, IL

#179139 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Okay.
LOL Although I prefer the word "HUH" when I'm trying to be dismissive of someone.

Chicago, IL

#179140 Jun 27, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Okay.
Would you pass me the salt and pepper, please?
I don't know what you mean! LOL
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179141 Jun 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean! LOL
:)

You're a good sport!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#179142 Jun 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your opinion on what is and isn't mine to comment on on this public forum. As I did yesterday when you suggested I find a new forum, I'll give that all the consideration it's worth. Actually, as evidenced by the fact that I've commented on both, I've obviously given it MORE consideration than it's worth.
What was that you were saying about control issues? Well, doc, talk to ME when ya make yaself all better.
I've had someone just as annoying as Catcher following me around for as long as I've been on Topix - and that's two years or so before they even started registering posters. There have been a couple of posters here in this thread who went a whole lot further in this thread than Catcher has done here with you, and the very poster who brought this issue back up this time dismissed it all as just trying to get my goat.
This is the internet. There are azzholes aplenty who seem to get their rocks off being as annoying as they can. The more you tell them how annoying they are, the more delight they take in it.
Catcher wins. Again. And the odd thing is, neither you nor he started this game.
Until next time ...
I hope in your next life you're married to Lois Lerner.

OO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Aura Mytha 739,324
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 24 min Sameer 846
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 51 min MUQ1 36,882
Johnny of Wisconcin the Racist Peck - - w - - d 51 min Johnny 9
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min truth 542,357
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min Thinking 227,475
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 259,453
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freda 95,485
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 601,073

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••