Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178758 Jun 23, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time this country was really flourishing, in a good mood with an air of optimism?
I'm hoping in 2016 America says a loud and emphatic NO to both a H. Clinton or a J. Bush style candidate. This We're Never Going Away Family Thing of holding the top job has gotten just a little too weird for me and I think they're both politically stale.
And no, I don't have any better ideas but I'm looking.
I'm actually with you on the Clinton/Bush thing ...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#178759 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm actually with you on the Clinton/Bush thing ...
I still think Hillary's time to shine was in 2008 and she was thrown under the bus to make way for Obama and his magic red carpet ride into the WH. I believe it was a huge tactical mistake on the part of democrats and I think the country has suffered terribly because of it.
And Jeb might have been the better choice of the Bush Bros. too.

And then there's always the Dewey vs. Truman outcome in the game of "what if......."

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178760 Jun 23, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I tend to consider them individually, conspiracy theories that is.
I try not to speak in generalizations.
Nothing good usually comes from that.
I hadn’t heard of this one.
Guess I’ve had my head in the sand.
Sh*t happens!
Sooooooo, I did what any interested, honest hearted researcher does…I googled it.
Tons of stuff out there but one name popped up that was interesting.
Carl Bernstein
You remember ‘ole Carl?
Sure you do!
He seems to imply, ahem, charge that the insane Iraq War was brought to bear by Bush, Cheney and “the Jewish neo-cons who wanted to remake the world.”
Google it for yourself, you’ll be able to find a reputable link to support that quote.
Ain’t that a kick in the pants!
Oh! Oh!

Look! Look!

He said Jew too!

Oy! Vay!

A little bit of research into the origins of neoconservatism will put Bernstein's comment in context.

That context is crucial, because missing from what you posted and anything I can find after five minutes research is that Bernstein was alleging any kind of conspiracy at all, let alone something as long running as the fantasy stuff not very awake is huffing (or mainlining, snorting, smoking, or all of the above).

All you got is that he said Jew, the same lame equivalency shtick you tried yesterday with Red Man.

As far as conspiracy theories go, the Jewish/Zionist stuff is bedrock, the benchmark, the grandfather of them all. More has been written about it than the conspiracy theory franchises for Pearl Harbor, the JFK/RFK/MLK assassinations, Watergate, and Area 51 combined. It's been polluting the United States for at least a hundred years; it goes back even earlier in Europe.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178761 Jun 23, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think Hillary's time to shine was in 2008 and she was thrown under the bus to make way for Obama and his magic red carpet ride into the WH. I believe it was a huge tactical mistake on the part of democrats and I think the country has suffered terribly because of it.
And Jeb might have been the better choice of the Bush Bros. too.
And then there's always the Dewey vs. Truman outcome in the game of "what if......."
I don't know that Hillary was any more thrown under the bus in 2008 than McCain was by Bush in 2000.

They ran. They lost.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#178762 Jun 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text> What's your point?
My point is that he fits the gay club profile.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#178763 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know that Hillary was any more thrown under the bus in 2008 than McCain was by Bush in 2000.
They ran. They lost.
Trading Hillary and that resume she had built up since FOREVER for an unknown junior senator with a screwy voting record and a whole lot of air in his resume seems kinda stupid to me. I think you guys are sometimes predisposed to picking egomaniacs and narcissists
Gore, Clinton, Obama......

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#178764 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, no, no, no. Obviously you did not get the memo.
In the modern era you're supposed to say that hate speech, hate monger, and antisemite (being very careful about the latter, at least at first) are part of the larger left wing extreme progressive composite. Since there are so many ignorant people (like, say, me) around you don't just spring the full weight of 'the truth' on people. Nowadays you even have to be careful about bringing up the New World Order, but the UN is still fair game if you soft-pedal who the puppet masters are at first.
"Some of my best friends are" is kind of weakly done, but it's a timeless deflection that probably doesn't hurt. Cultural Marxism is a good 'un ... but again, don't spring who's behind it on them right away. Work some anti-Obama stuff into your routine, because there's a sizable audience in the US who can accept that he's a stooge of the larger left wing extreme progressive composite cultural marxists already.
You're set up nicely here - you've already got one person saying your theories are interesting, claiming that dismissing them outright is lacking objectivity. You have to wait until they are ready for the truth. After all, they've been brainwashed by the media (and we all know who controls THAT).
Good luck.
Brilliant. Funny. Interesting.

;)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178766 Jun 23, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Trading Hillary and that resume she had built up since FOREVER for an unknown junior senator with a screwy voting record and a whole lot of air in his resume seems kinda stupid to me. I think you guys are sometimes predisposed to picking egomaniacs and narcissists
Trading McCain and that resume he had built up since FOREVER for a relatively unknown governor seems kinda stupid to me, too.

This is just another one of those universal narratives that works for both sides. It works so well, in fact, that it didn't matter who actually was elected in 2000 or 2008. If McCain had won in 2000, or Hillary in '08, the same basic narrative would be used with a different loser's name.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#178767 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Trading McCain and that resume he had built up since FOREVER for a relatively unknown governor seems kinda stupid to me, too.
This is just another one of those universal narratives that works for both sides. It works so well, in fact, that it didn't matter who actually was elected in 2000 or 2008. If McCain had won in 2000, or Hillary in '08, the same basic narrative would be used with a different loser's name.
Point taken.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178768 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! Oh!
Look! Look!
He said Jew too!
Oy! Vay!
A little bit of research into the origins of neoconservatism will put Bernstein's comment in context.
That context is crucial, because missing from what you posted and anything I can find after five minutes research is that Bernstein was alleging any kind of conspiracy at all, let alone something as long running as the fantasy stuff not very awake is huffing (or mainlining, snorting, smoking, or all of the above).
All you got is that he said Jew, the same lame equivalency shtick you tried yesterday with Red Man.
As far as conspiracy theories go, the Jewish/Zionist stuff is bedrock, the benchmark, the grandfather of them all. More has been written about it than the conspiracy theory franchises for Pearl Harbor, the JFK/RFK/MLK assassinations, Watergate, and Area 51 combined. It's been polluting the United States for at least a hundred years; it goes back even earlier in Europe.
Lets not overemphasize my interest in all of this shall we. At the outset I claimed it to be interesting, nothing more.

What was interesting is that Bernstein, a reputable journalist,(using term loosely AND with a grain of salt) was comfortable going on record using the words Jewish and Neo-Cons in the same sentence. http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Methinks he is comfortable with the notion that such a group exists even if you're not.

You are correct, he did not use the word conspiracy.
Why would he need to?

Look! Look!
He said Jew too!.........Funny!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178769 Jun 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
*see above

“Democrats & Republicans Suck”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#178770 Jun 23, 2014
antonyto wrote:
Its nice to see you've overlooked that he lied every step of the way. If he had any truth for the invasion of Iraq don't you think he would have gotten more support from around the world?
wether he was right or wrong he did it illegaly. Or does that matter?
He's a hero to the neocon warhawks and not to '''real''' anti spending and deficits conservatives
UidiotRaceMakeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#178771 Jun 23, 2014
Firestorm USA wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a hero to the neocon warhawks and not to '''real''' anti spending and deficits conservatives
Bush & co , blair & co... had been Tried for War crimes agianst humanity at International War crimes Tribunal! I like your screen name ! Tell us all about evils of Bi-partisanshop-of-horror agendas?

i even said to posters on here the Democrats ( the Leaders ) had become the New Right wing, and The Republican ( some are Nazis ) had become even More radical right wing, but still many vote are ignorant! i'd even try to explain the Electoral process is gamed on a national level, as all presidents are preselected before hand, a masses of voting jokers still clueless about Corporatism controls mainstream 2 political evil parties, They all need to wake up! Bahahhaaaaa

United States

#178772 Jun 23, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorite poems goes:
"Come over to the edge," Life said.
"We are afraid," they said.
"Come over to the edge," Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them,
And they flew.
It may not match what your quote said completely, but I feel it has the gist of not playing life too safely or you'll miss the growth moments.
And , they our lowly American authoritarian lew into Satan's big hand! Did you know Ex-pres. Jimmy carter Said US is Satan...?

Bhahahaaaa

United States

#178773 Jun 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not right. I'll be tossin' & turnin' all night unable to sleep, and wincing with every tortuous second that tics by.
Don't be jealous of Catcher, get yourself a female blow-up doll! Bhahahaaaa

United States

#178774 Jun 23, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What are you suggesting we do about it now?
It your guilt , why ask me, you the mass murderers inAmerican holocaust - a US genocidal/many wars - leading to death of over 90 million Native indians of N.America. So you feeling guilty, showing remorse... go ruminate day in and day out, you have lot of blood on your hands. You sad piece of inhuman war mongering jarheads.... Bhahhahaaaa

United States

#178775 Jun 23, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Media had been Attacking Hillary , know now who control the media ...?

United States

#178776 Jun 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Second longest day of the year.
The blue Pacific's beauty beckons.
Two martinis down the hatch.
Time to poof away.
Catcher out.
Will address criticisms tomorrow.
Enjoy!

United States

#178777 Jun 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
I was interested to know his view on a minimum wage increase (which I fully support).
I asked him the question immediately after he posted about his economic struggles.
I'll drop it.
U now bad bob not gonna answer your question, he out of the picture, he does care about others. Bhahahaaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178778 Jun 23, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Lets not overemphasize my interest in all of this shall we. At the outset I claimed it to be interesting, nothing more.
What was interesting is that Bernstein, a reputable journalist,(using term loosely AND with a grain of salt) was comfortable going on record using the words Jewish and Neo-Cons in the same sentence. http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Methinks he is comfortable with the notion that such a group exists even if you're not.
You are correct, he did not use the word conspiracy.
Why would he need to?
Look! Look!
He said Jew too!.........Funny!
So, Bernstein thinks that Jewish neocons got us into Iraq to remake the world, maybe or maybe not in the interests of the state of Israel.

That's a little - actually, that's a LOT - different than the Zionists are out to rule the world shtick that not-awake has been spewing. That's true even if the Zionists are out to rule the world crowd has updated their shtick to include the theories Bernstein was basing his comments on.

That said, since you (ahem) weren't previously aware of the theories that not-awake is spouting, there may be nuances involved here that aren't readily apparent. For example, there's the difference between Zionism as a world movement and the government of the State of Israel. The latter is a RESULT of Zionism, but the two are not synonymous.

As a suggestion (cough), if you want to conduct research on what not-awake is peddling, just Google 'zionist conspiracy'. There are all kinds of them, and I have no doubt that there are some flavors of liberals involved in them. If I was a suspicious person, I'd think that your 'interested, honest hearted research' was conducted specifically to find a liberal or a Jew spouting something similar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hangman 973,766
forex enigma free download 3 min amazon9 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min LAWEST100 653,936
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Dr Banonator 63,862
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 20 min gundee123 796
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min WasteWater 106,492
Watching wife with others 45 min Crazy hubby 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min onemale 281,862
More from around the web