Bush is a hero
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178507 Jun 19, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I got the pretext just fine. And it might'a been somewhat humorous if the real Sunnis
in this case weren't butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs.
What do you suggest we do, BB?
bad bob wrote:
In Iraq, I'm for BOMBING the so-called ISIS al Qaeda thugs back into the Stone Age, and then lettin' them fight it out with clubs and sling shots.
Then the Sunni's and Shi'a can resume their own uncivil war for the rest of time.
Is that your attempt at being humorous?

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#178508 Jun 19, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Good job. All you have to do is let them run off the head, and sooner or later they reveal their "objectivity".
At least he hasn't mentioned the underwear.........yet.
Now, regarding the underwear...
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178509 Jun 19, 2014
BB, wasn't marginalizing the Sunnis in Iraq kinda what led up to this bloodletting going on now?

The situation isn't funny tho we do try and retain our sense of humor to keep us from pulling our own damn hair out, surely we don't want to repeat the same mistakes as last time, or do we?

Chicago, IL

#178510 Jun 19, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute bs.
Consider - a woman lives in an environment that is abusive, and the abuse is engrained into the culture. You go over and kick the husband's ass. You protect her. You build schools and hospitals, You undertake massive re-education efforts. You lose some of your own children in the struggle, some dead, many more maimed for life. After ten years of this, you transition back to your own home. The ages-old culture reasserts itself.
How did you "doom" them?
This crap about "we gotta stay because we gotta stay because we gotta...." is an endless gaping maw of death and dissolution, AND it is spoken by a people who were exultant about receiving tax rebates and STILL insist it is right and just
rather than support their troops by actually ponying up the cost of the war effort.
This is a very good point, Hip. We gave them a chance and they blew it for a variety of reasons. We've done our share.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#178511 Jun 19, 2014
Aaah, I see, this is the stimulating conversation you were missing, huh Willie?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#178512 Jun 19, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bad Bob doesn't do humor.

Things are tough in Bakersfield.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#178513 Jun 19, 2014
You can't possibly know how it pains me to agree with Glenn Beck. This is a guy who once said, "“The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’”

But he hit it on the head the other day, and more importantly, to an audience that most needs to hear it:

"“Not one more life. Not one more life. Not one more dollar, not one more airplane, not one more bullet, not one more Marine, not one more arm or leg or eye. Not one more,” Beck said.“This must end now. Now can’t we come together on that?”

Chicago, IL

#178514 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I hate when people take something I say out of context and assume they know what I'm talking about.
second I was responding to sweetiepie's assertion that conservatives don't care about women when I knew she was talking about abortion and "her" right to her own body. I knew also that there was little care about all of the women of the world and their rights.
Last and most important. Don't give me that crap about abuse and murder being cultural. It is not. I usually don't agree with you Hipgnosis, but that statement makes me want to vomit.
But, in this case a person COULD make the argument that abuse and murder is cultural. For instance, in the West, if a person is caught stealing, nothing really happens to them unless they have a couple of strikes against them. They might get probation. In Arab countries you get your hand cut off. Over here, If a woman is caught having an affair, she may get divorced, over in Arab countries she would be buried up to the waist so she couldn't move and she would be stoned.

A woman's life is an absolute horror in Arab countries. That horror comes in the form of abuse and murder. Seems cultural to me.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#178515 Jun 19, 2014
bad bob wrote:
In Iraq, I'm for BOMBING the so-called ISIS al Qaeda thugs back into the Stone Age, and then lettin' them fight it out with clubs and sling shots.
Then the Sunni's and Shi'a can resume their own uncivil war for the rest of time.
How about this for a baseline rule for "What To Do About Iraq" - All those who were so utterly wrong about Iraq don't get to give advice on what to do about Iraq.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178516 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I hate when people take something I say out of context and assume they know what I'm talking about.
second I was responding to sweetiepie's assertion that conservatives don't care about women when I knew she was talking about abortion and "her" right to her own body. I knew also that there was little care about all of the women of the world and their rights.
Last and most important. Don't give me that crap about abuse and murder being cultural. It is not. I usually don't agree with you Hipgnosis, but that statement makes me want to vomit.
Sweetiepie could have been talking about abortion.

She could have also been talking about, oh, I dunno,'real rape'(Akin and Mordock), or George Will arguing that women falsely claim rape to get to victimhood status, or writers from The Blaze and The National Review arguing that since consensual sex happens when impaired by drugs or alcohol, all sex while impaired should be considered consensual.

She could have been talking about those kind of things without getting around to abortion.

I really don't know what she was talking about - and neither do you. She swung an overly broad brush there, lisw, but you didn't counter that broad brush. You just insinuated she doesn't really care about women, which wraps her up tight in a neat little package that you can dispose of easily.

Oddly enough, kinda like she did with conservatives. Quite the coincidence, that.

As far as Afghanistan goes ... " In Afghanistan we have doomed women back to the Taliban, where they don't even have the right not to be beaten or killed " is a gross oversimplification of epic proportions. It works if you ignore the realities of foreign policy, the limitations of American power, and in a more general sense, the plight of women across most of the third world regardless of the religion of the region.

There very much IS a cultural aspect to the Taliban, lisw. It's extreme, and obviously it's one of the most contemptible things happening on the planet right now - but I doubt very seriously whether it is within the power of the United States, or of the entire Western world, to stop it or halt it or even slow it down significantly. Just with what we've accomplished to date, we've planted seeds - and those seeds will grow. As they have in every other culture on every corner of the globe, those things will take time.

Lafayette IN

#178517 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Cattiness is contagious I see.
You know, you avoid doing this kind of thing yourself, and aim a barb or two at some of the cons who do the same thing, this might mean something.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#178518 Jun 19, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I caught you again on the first cast.
Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Back-peddlin' form---------->grade: C
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178519 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Jeesh, that's just catty.
I'm sorry, Obama made me do it.

On a serious subject, women's rights.

I agree that if your for women's rights....you have to be for all women's rights.

I also don't think political parties fighting about who is more for women's rights changes the reality of it.

George Will was just fired from a newspaper for blaming "progressive-ism" as the cause for the increase in the rape of college women, tho I don't think that explains the same increase of rape in the military.....unless he want's to concede either men just can't control themselves when they come in contact with women or there is an increase in the enlistment of progressives in the military since at least a decade ago.....which no one has made a case for yet or even suggested it that I am aware of....except for George Will on the subject of college campuses. Regardless, women being raped has been a problem as long as this country has existed and goes back much longer than that.

Some, I think wrongly, believe he was blaming the women, I personally think he, being a clumsy guy speaking on a sensitive subject effecting women, chose an example to suit his argument.

He also made the comment that it's estimated 20% of college women are raped on campus and only 12% reported it, he said the facts are that only 12% of college women are raped and the 20% estimate is unsupported(I doubt he uses or supports that methodology when it doesn't suit his argument).

Nevertheless, he has been called conservative by all who know him and is a self described conservative.

Can we agree that liberal, conservative, or any other label doesn't exempt anyone(men or women) from being rapists, accessory to rape, insensitive concerning the subject of rape, or being insensitive to issues that strongly relate to women?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#178520 Jun 19, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Barry has been Drone drunk for the past 3 years or so. Now when they can be used to cut the head off of the ruthless snake, he curls up in a corner suckin' his thumb.
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes & no.

Chicago, IL

#178521 Jun 19, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>How about this for a baseline rule for "What To Do About Iraq" - All those who were so utterly wrong about Iraq don't get to give advice on what to do about Iraq.
I don't believe anyone was wrong about Iraq, Hip. Saddam had used chemical munitions on the Kurds, he had a weapons program, and he was in the process of building a strong weapons infrastructure where he could produce anything he wanted. Proof of that is in the intercepted transmissions from his own field commanders asking him when he was going to use his chemical munitions on us when we overran his front-line forces. Even they thought he had them.

All of a sudden, after using them on his people everything disappeared without a trace. There were no more chemical weapons. What happened to them? And how were we going to find out if they were there or not if we didn't go in? Most experts believe he transferred his weapons to Syria.

Location hidden

#178522 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You know, you avoid doing this kind of thing yourself, and aim a barb or two at some of the cons who do the same thing, this might mean something.
Do you know what catty is Willie. It's talking about a person as if they can't hear you but you want them to hear you. I don't do that,and I think you know that (bzzz,bzz and he is this and she said that) and I'm sorry but it isn't the cons who do it, unless you are talking about the neonazis on this thread right now. Just talk right to the person. They are all here, or at least lurking.

Location hidden

#178523 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetiepie could have been talking about abortion.
She could have also been talking about, oh, I dunno,'real rape'(Akin and Mordock), or George Will arguing that women falsely claim rape to get to victimhood status, or writers from The Blaze and The National Review arguing that since consensual sex happens when impaired by drugs or alcohol, all sex while impaired should be considered consensual.
She could have been talking about those kind of things without getting around to abortion.
I really don't know what she was talking about - and neither do you. She swung an overly broad brush there, lisw, but you didn't counter that broad brush. You just insinuated she doesn't really care about women, which wraps her up tight in a neat little package that you can dispose of easily.
Oddly enough, kinda like she did with conservatives. Quite the coincidence, that.
As far as Afghanistan goes ... " In Afghanistan we have doomed women back to the Taliban, where they don't even have the right not to be beaten or killed " is a gross oversimplification of epic proportions. It works if you ignore the realities of foreign policy, the limitations of American power, and in a more general sense, the plight of women across most of the third world regardless of the religion of the region.
There very much IS a cultural aspect to the Taliban, lisw. It's extreme, and obviously it's one of the most contemptible things happening on the planet right now - but I doubt very seriously whether it is within the power of the United States, or of the entire Western world, to stop it or halt it or even slow it down significantly. Just with what we've accomplished to date, we've planted seeds - and those seeds will grow. As they have in every other culture on every corner of the globe, those things will take time.
I can't believe you are saying this. The Taliban is not a culture. They swooped in like vultures after the Ussr and warlords tore Afghanistan apart. To say that murder and rape and abuse are part of the culture is one of the most racist things I've ever heard. It's like believing that everyone but the fundamentalists are going to hell is part of our culture. I thought we thought that there were good muslims.
As far as making assumptions, perhaps I did but I hear it all the time, "I want what I want as a woman and I'm not worried about other women."

Lafayette IN

#178524 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what catty is Willie. It's talking about a person as if they can't hear you but you want them to hear you. I don't do that,and I think you know that (bzzz,bzz and he is this and she said that) and I'm sorry but it isn't the cons who do it, unless you are talking about the neonazis on this thread right now. Just talk right to the person. They are all here, or at least lurking.
Yes, l know what catty is, and yes, you do it yourself from time to time - and if you think the cons don't do it as much as the libs, well, we're back to that right eye problem or selective vision again.

Since Flash reads the thread, I DID say it to the person. Flash won't respond to direct engagement about what Flash believes - I tried when that name/poster first appeared here.

Chicago, IL

#178525 Jun 19, 2014
Here's an interesting article by the CIA explaining that even though he didn't have chemical weapons at various times during inspections and after, he had set up his weapons programs so certain parts could continue to advance while flying under the radar of the inspectors.

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-r...
uidiotRaceMakeWo rldpeace

United States

#178526 Jun 19, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anyone was wrong about Iraq, Hip. Saddam had used chemical munitions on the Kurds, he had a weapons program, and he was in the process of building a strong weapons infrastructure where he could produce anything he wanted. Proof of that is in the intercepted transmissions from his own field commanders asking him when he was going to use his chemical munitions on us when we overran his front-line forces. Even they thought he had them.
All of a sudden, after using them on his people everything disappeared without a trace. There were no more chemical weapons. What happened to them? And how were we going to find out if they were there or not if we didn't go in? Most experts believe he transferred his weapons to Syria.
Did you know DICktator SADDAM is a US puppet? And did you now US exported Chemicals/biological dual use material to Iraqi for use?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 590,802
ONLINE √ Electrolüx Servis SARIYER ( 342 ... 14 min electroluxwr 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min River Tam 839,985
The Art of Choosing the Right Driving School 1 hr gpsdrivingschool 1
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,084
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 3 hr Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 3 hr siemenswr 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Jarring 100,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web