Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#178396 Jun 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>But the joking around is about American politics, not the slaughtering and butchering going on, bob.
You've got lots of people making domestic American political points out of those same "real Sunnis ... butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs", and it's THOSE people Borowitz is skewering - not the innocent (or guilty) Iraqis.
In 2004 Bush was severely criticized in some quarters for making a where's-the-WMD joke at a correspondent's dinner. I never got the outrage over that one, because the joke was told at HIS OWN expense, not at the folks doing the fighting and dying.
Wynona Judd was just on Katie Kouric wearing a red dress. Katie complimented her and she said, "beats wearing a burka." Now I'll bet you some liberal will get all bent out of shape thinking she was not respecting muslims.
WillisfreakinH

Surrey, Canada

#178397 Jun 18, 2014
UUUM.... People! The headline story is about G.H.W. Bush.
You've all been blowing hard ( rightly so and justified, but under a related headline story) about Bush fils, the vile little ray's a--!
Literacy. The lost human virtue.... sigh.
UidiotraceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#178398 Jun 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
WARNING TO THOSE WHO LACK A SENSE OF HUMOR
STOP READING NOW
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Congressional leaders left the White House on Wednesday “deeply frustrated” that President Obama had not found a swift resolution to the conflict between Sunnis and Shiites that began in the seventh century A.D.
After meeting for more than an hour with the President in the Oval Office, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell expressed disappointment that Mr. Obama “came up empty” when asked for a plan to heal the rift between the two religious groups, which began in the year 632.
“All we ask of this President is that he do one thing: settle a religious conflict that has been going on for a millennium and a half,” McConnell said.“What did he offer today? Nothing.”
Speaker of the House John Boehner acknowledged that there was a possibility that Obama might find a way to resolve the centuries-old Sunni-Shiite conflict, but the Ohio Republican was not optimistic.
“This struggle between Sunnis and Shiites has been going on for almost fifteen hundred years,” he said.“That means President Obama has had ample time to fix it.”
Actually, US adminstration After Adminstrations never want to fix the problem, for very good reasons! Bahahhahaaa!

What you all think of this!
Seymour Hersh - in an interview on CNN International's Your World Today, May 22, 2007

We're in the business of supporting the Sunnis anywhere we can against the Shia....[ the funding of Fatah al-Islam in Lebanon is ] "a covert program we joined in with the Saudis as part of a bigger, broader program of doing everything we could to stop the spread of the Shia world

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178399 Jun 18, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Wynona Judd was just on Katie Kouric wearing a red dress. Katie complimented her and she said, "beats wearing a burka." Now I'll bet you some liberal will get all bent out of shape thinking she was not respecting muslims.
I'm sure they will.

What's your point, exactly?

United States

#178400 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for misreading you.
Another consensus is reached here by "apposing" political ideologies. Just imagine what politicians could accomplish if they worked together in the interest of the common good instead of party politics. We would not likely be in the predicament we currently find ourselves.
Most politician sold out to Corporatism , not interested in hearing what little people have to say, do you and many of you believe we all be hand a broken toilet that just does not flush down ...?

Bhahahahaaaa

United States

#178401 Jun 18, 2014
Retired Command Sergeant Major Eric Haney's author of book "Inside Delta Force"
"
We have fomented civil war in Iraq. We have probably fomented internecine war in the Muslim world between the Shias and the Sunnis, and I think Bush may well have started the third world war, all for their own personal policies.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178403 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sarcasm...right?
Just a wee bit.

Location hidden

#178404 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
The atmosphere hasn't been conducive to him even making the effort.
Look, I don't think Obama makes enough effort to be partisan, but he's dealing with a House who's Speaker declared that his number one priority was defeating Obama on the day he was elected Speaker.
He brought it on himself almost from day one. Surely you agree with that.

Location hidden

#178405 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
That should have read "I don't think Obama makes enough effort to be BIPARTISAN"
Doh!
Oddly enough you did get it right the first time!

Location hidden

#178406 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Now, see, while most of the time I refer to the guy as Boringowitz - that one posted today was funny, in an absurd, over the top (but not too far over) way.
Of course you found it funny.

Now, let's see if that observation bothered you.
It shouldn't, should it?

Location hidden

#178407 Jun 19, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I got the pretext just fine. And it might'a been somewhat humorous if the real Sunnis
in this case weren't butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs.
Right-on!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178408 Jun 19, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you found it funny.
Now, let's see if that observation bothered you.
It shouldn't, should it?
Sometimes, slick, you try too hard.

Location hidden

#178409 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes, slick, you try too hard.
Do I owe you an apology?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#178410 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever - just once - met an internet rumor you questioned?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty....
There are some people who believe every "scary" email they receive. It had gotten so bad, that I sent every person on my email list, snopes proof that what they were sending was false, suggested they do the same and notified all of them, family included, that I do not read nor pass on any email that concern politics.

All it is is someone trying to bring down the opposition one way or another, and lying is always a good bet. So every email stopped with me.

Location hidden

#178411 Jun 19, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes, slick, you try too hard.
Why the long face?
common sense

Kansas City, MO

#178412 Jun 19, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>He brought it on himself almost from day one. Surely you agree with that.

No, don't think WWW will agree with you there, you can just call it a hunch, I'll call it paying attention.

Anywho, how about some examples from day two or three.....or four, or whatever you referred to as " almost day one".

Still waiting, WWW probably is too, for you to furnish us with the similarities between Obama and Nixon's "Watergate" crimes.

My guess is you have nothing more than rhetoric to offer, and again, you can call it a hunch, I'll call it paying attention.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#178413 Jun 19, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the same. Nixon was a crook and some would say he was a really bad crook. But he wasn't incompetent as a president. No one is saying that Obama is a crook (I don't think). Can we impeach him for incompetence? I don't think so. What is really sad is that I believe he lives by an ideology and really "thinks" he is doing the right thing. But he is under someone's thumb, who I think tells him "just go play golf, or do your fundraisers, I'll handle this." I mean it is really pathetic.
When those who supported him the most are beginning to turn against him, you have a problem. Pelosi and Reid don't count, they are incompetent themselves.
What do you expect any president to accomplish with a stonewalling opposition, that would oppose the sky being blue if the president said it was. Like trying to swim with your hands taped to your side.

The Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot by backing the Tea Party and the religious groups along with corporations are god, and then wonder why they keep loosing the elections.

If the government isn't behind the average citizen and they wish to control womens bodies, they will continue to loose.
common sense

Kansas City, MO

#178414 Jun 19, 2014
Where's the news, flash?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178415 Jun 19, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>He brought it on himself almost from day one. Surely you agree with that.
He didn't do much to help himself, but I am doubt there is a thing he could have done - that even had he moved to the center in 2010 a la Clinton circa '94, the Republicans wouldn't have responded. Obama didn't have what Clinton did, or Reagan for that matter - a Speaker of the House WILLING to reach compromise or ABLE to bring his caucus along with him.

(No, that's not the only thing he didn't have. He didn't have the political skills of either one of them.)

Anyone who has listened to the public debate within the Republican party KNOWS there is little interest in compromise with the Democrats, and that's been going on since before Obama was elected. Like I said before, just look at the number of so-called 'establishment' Republicans who've faced a challenge from the right BECAUSE they've shown a willingness to compromise.

Look, none of this occurred in a vacuum. IMO the partisan rancor has been ratcheting up for 24 years , since 1990 +/-. It seems to me that it started openly with the Democrats under GHWB, but the same undercurrent (?) had been brewing in the Republican Party since the bruising primary fights of 1988. It's gotten progressively worse during each succeeding Congress ON BOTH SIDES.

Look, I realize that's probably non-responsive to your post. I mean, I'm trying to talk about politics, and what people here seem to want to talk about are the failures of Obama, and the failures of Obama, and the failures of Obama,and the failures of Obama, and the failures of Obama, and if we run out of steam on that we can talk about the failures of Obama.
common sense

Kansas City, MO

#178416 Jun 19, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
What I do remember from day one is the swearing in controversy created by right wing nuts. That must have been Obama's fault and not the right wing nuts who created it, surely you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Just Think 106,611
Watching wife with others 7 min CuriousHubby82 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Regina 654,438
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Buck Crick 64,661
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 45,300
I think I like giving my brother an erection... (Jan '13) 31 min BadMan 9
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Thinking 508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,954
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web