Bush is a hero

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#178376 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke, S&H was trying to be funny, either that or his is Bill Frist like in his ability to medically diagnose people he hasn't spent any time with.
No, I wasn't trying to be funny, CS. I think it's a good thing that somebody with a preexisting condition can get insurance.
common sense

Eden Prairie, MN

#178377 Jun 18, 2014
It's OK lisw, we all make mistakes, sometimes we even level false allegations...sometimes even on purpose, I believe you just made a mistake, that's all.

Chicago, IL

#178378 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
Maybe I misread S&H's post when he used the word 'you', he may have meant 'anyone'. Only he knows what he really meant, I took it as him trying to make a funny.
Define "you."

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#178379 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
common sense | 2 hrs ago
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the fact that you can't be denied insurance for preexisting conditions.
You're an ACA supporter, who would a think it...
<quoted text>
Yes he did, it's right there for anyone to see assuming they aren't blinded to it for one reason or another.
Strength and Honor | 2 hrs ago
You're right. my bad.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178380 Jun 18, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You sure it wasn't Mitch McConnell who said that? Boehner may have talked about defeating his agenda, but I don't recall that. His speech was much more about a poor kid making it in this country, something I thought we were all for.
And since you brought it up let me say something about the TP right. You on the left are all upset about the tea party because you thought the nice moderate republicans were easier to handle. Well we're not real happy with the far left either. Btw, in case you didn't know it the man who beat out Cantor in the primary is not a tea party candidate. He got zero money from the tea party.
You are correct, it was McConnell not Boehner.

How, exactly, does the fact that the organized TP funding groups didn't give Cantor's opponent much/any money disprove what I said? I don't think it does, since the TP is a movement - and it was the spirit of that movement that caused his defeat.

Still waiting for you to say something about the TP right. You said you were going to, but you did not.

As to "[y]ou on the left are all upset about the tea party because you thought the nice moderate republicans were easier to handle" ... that's funny.
common sense

Eden Prairie, MN

#178381 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't trying to be funny, CS. I think it's a good thing that somebody with a preexisting condition can get insurance.
I apologize for misreading you.

Another consensus is reached here by "apposing" political ideologies. Just imagine what politicians could accomplish if they worked together in the interest of the common good instead of party politics. We would not likely be in the predicament we currently find ourselves.
common sense

Eden Prairie, MN

#178382 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Define "you."
Can you use it in a sentence, please?

Location hidden

#178383 Jun 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, it was McConnell not Boehner.
How, exactly, does the fact that the organized TP funding groups didn't give Cantor's opponent much/any money disprove what I said? I don't think it does, since the TP is a movement - and it was the spirit of that movement that caused his defeat.
Still waiting for you to say something about the TP right. You said you were going to, but you did not.
As to "[y]ou on the left are all upset about the tea party because you thought the nice moderate republicans were easier to handle" ... that's funny.
I'm not part of the Tea Party. What do you want me to say?
See I told you you had an odd sense of humor.

Chicago, IL

#178384 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for misreading you.
Another consensus is reached here by "apposing" political ideologies. Just imagine what politicians could accomplish if they worked together in the interest of the common good instead of party politics. We would not likely be in the predicament we currently find ourselves.
No apology necessary.

To the rest of your post, I concur.

Chicago, IL

#178385 Jun 18, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you use it in a sentence, please?
LOL!!!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178386 Jun 18, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not part of the Tea Party. What do you want me to say?
See I told you you had an odd sense of humor.
I don't know what you wanted to say. You're the one who said you were going to talk about the, but aside from claiming that Cantor's opponent wasn't TP you talked about the left.

Once again, you haven't found an example of my odd sense of humor. I find it amusing to see what length's you'll go to wrap something up - in this case, why the left disagrees with the TP - to avoid thinking about the actual reasons.

Gee .. could that possibly be like just assuming opposition to Obama is racist?

Nah, that couldn't be .. could it?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#178387 Jun 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
WARNING TO THOSE WHO LACK A SENSE OF HUMOR
STOP READING NOW
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Congressional leaders left the White House on Wednesday “deeply frustrated” that President Obama had not found a swift resolution to the conflict between Sunnis and Shiites that began in the seventh century A.D.
After meeting for more than an hour with the President in the Oval Office, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell expressed disappointment that Mr. Obama “came up empty” when asked for a plan to heal the rift between the two religious groups, which began in the year 632.
“All we ask of this President is that he do one thing: settle a religious conflict that has been going on for a millennium and a half,” McConnell said.“What did he offer today? Nothing.”
Speaker of the House John Boehner acknowledged that there was a possibility that Obama might find a way to resolve the centuries-old Sunni-Shiite conflict, but the Ohio Republican was not optimistic.
“This struggle between Sunnis and Shiites has been going on for almost fifteen hundred years,” he said.“That means President Obama has had ample time to fix it.”
So you're idea of "humor" is a regular series of HATCHET jobs from a brainiak Harvard-bred liberal, and directed at our political right wing, especially BushCo.

Satire or not, I've not found ANY of these to be even REMOTELY humorous.
But then I'm also not a worthless Obama-enabler troll either.

In this case your satirist took a LONNNNNNNNG way around (not to mention outta context) for an attempt at humor. He should'a stayed with the Huffington Post (IMO).

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178388 Jun 18, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're idea of "humor" is a regular series of HATCHET jobs from a brainiak Harvard-bred liberal, and directed at our political right wing, especially BushCo.
In this case your satirist took a LONNNNNNNNG way around (not to mention outta context) for an attempt at humor. He should'a stayed with the Huffington Post (IMO).
Now, see, while most of the time I refer to the guy as Boringowitz - that one posted today was funny, in an absurd, over the top (but not too far over) way.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#178389 Jun 18, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#178390 Jun 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Now, see, while most of the time I refer to the guy as Boringowitz - that one posted today was funny, in an absurd, over the top (but not too far over) way.
Like I say, it's humor, pure and simple.

Yes, he's a liberal.

But we should all let our hair down a bit and enjoy it.

I'll take it from the other side too, without harboring resentment, if it's meant as humor

We live in a difficult time.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Location hidden

#178391 Jun 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what you wanted to say. You're the one who said you were going to talk about the, but aside from claiming that Cantor's opponent wasn't TP you talked about the left.
Once again, you haven't found an example of my odd sense of humor. I find it amusing to see what length's you'll go to wrap something up - in this case, why the left disagrees with the TP - to avoid thinking about the actual reasons.
Gee .. could that possibly be like just assuming opposition to Obama is racist?
Nah, that couldn't be .. could it?
I looked back at that post and I said what I wanted to say about the TP in that post. It was one of those comparison thingys, you know like you do all of the time.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#178392 Jun 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I say, it's humor, pure and simple.
Yes, he's a liberal.
But we should all let our hair down a bit and enjoy it.
I'll take it from the other side too, without harboring resentment, if it's meant as humor
We live in a difficult time.
Laughter is the best medicine.
Ummmm , no it isn't. It's ATTEMPTED humor.

I don't take ANY advice from Obama-enablers, and I [email protected] sure wouldn't take advice from a
worthless troll!

Laughter comes easy if you're well off. People struggling to pay bills, and put scraps on the table to eat every day, NOT SO MUCH.

IDIOT!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#178393 Jun 18, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Now, see, while most of the time I refer to the guy as Boringowitz - that one posted today was funny, in an absurd, over the top (but not too far over) way.
Oh I got the pretext just fine. And it might'a been somewhat humorous if the real Sunnis
in this case weren't butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs.

Location hidden

#178394 Jun 18, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I got the pretext just fine. And it might'a been somewhat humorous if the real Sunnis
in this case weren't butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs.
Agreed. Besides if I want to read Borowitz I can look it up just fine by myself. I don't need another cut and paste jockey feeding me what he thinks is important.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#178395 Jun 18, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But the joking around is about American politics, not the slaughtering and butchering going on, bob.

You've got lots of people making domestic American political points out of those same "real Sunnis ... butchering 1000's of Iraqis (and whoever else gets in their way), executing them with automatic rifles, beheading, and burning alive while hands tied behind their backs", and it's THOSE people Borowitz is skewering - not the innocent (or guilty) Iraqis.

In 2004 Bush was severely criticized in some quarters for making a where's-the-WMD joke at a correspondent's dinner. I never got the outrage over that one, because the joke was told at HIS OWN expense, not at the folks doing the fighting and dying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Hell is Real 445,914
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Gods r Delusions ... 650,279
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Insults Are Easier 56,032
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min New Ideas 618,576
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min New Age Spiritual... 971,772
You can't get electricuted sticking a key in an... (Nov '09) 36 min AnonymousX 3
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 43 min Jeannette 163
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 14 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web