Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#178164 Jun 16, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>My initial reply was to post #178135 by Strength and Honor, and had NOTHING to do with the article you linked to by this Mark Davis person. I was talking strictly about the military conflict with Saddam's forces and the subsequent bungled occupation of that country because I thought that's what HE was talking about.
I read the Davis article, and didn't think much of it - certainly not enough to comment on it. I can see why Republicans and their fellow travelers would take to it like an adoring choir would take to a preacher's sermon. It's just partisan hubris barely wrapped up as a discussion of a foreign policy issue. All that can result from an article like that is a staged conversation.
As to my acting like a d*ck in your opinion - sorry about that. Maybe if you were a little less BLATANTLY eager to play (and not, imo, very well) a silly game of gotcha, my responses wouldn't be so harsh.
Oh for Pete sake you play the blame game better than Obama. He offered a tip about your delivery that has been offered to you many times before by many others. It can't be that everyone is just to silly for you to be polite. You just don't want to be polite. Smart and rude, that's your claim to fame.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178165 Jun 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for Pete sake you play the blame game better than Obama. He offered a tip about your delivery that has been offered to you many times before by many others. It can't be that everyone is just to silly for you to be polite. You just don't want to be polite. Smart and rude, that's your claim to fame.
This would mean something coming from someone who had the same standard for politeness across the board.

That's not you.

Go back a couple of pages and read the exchange. I think you'll see that Flash was playing a clumsy game of gotcha, and yes - I found it annoying.

Of course, that may not be based enough on personalities for you.
Passinf Thorough

United States

#178166 Jun 16, 2014
How many on here still worship their king O?
Really?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#178167 Jun 16, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>This would mean something coming from someone who had the same standard for politeness across the board.
That's not you.
Go back a couple of pages and read the exchange. I think you'll see that Flash was playing a clumsy game of gotcha, and yes - I found it annoying.
Of course, that may not be based enough on personalities for you.
This from a guy who says it's stupid to say "Well he does it too and he's worser." Yes I agree I've been impolite at times, but for me not so much a pattern. As you could see I gave you credit for being smart, but let's face it Willie, you don't think there is any worthy opponent, so I do have to wonder what you're doing here, if we are all so "annoying." There is lots to talk about and feelings to be expressed. Most won't do it because why bother. By the way if your "personality" is to be rude, than yes I'll say something about your personality. To me it's very annoying.

Since: Nov 08

Chicago, IL

#178168 Jun 16, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>What will happen is the resurgence of Al Qaeda.
Military and civilian targets are and always have been fair game.
Did I mention civilian?
Why yes I did.
With this resurgence comes a renewed strength, a hope if you will, to to complete their jihad.
Two guesses who are in their sights.
I don't think we're in their sights, NF. Sure, if they could convert us to Islam easily, they would try, but I don't believe they think they have any chance of converting 300,000,000 people who are primarily Christian.

But, if they try, we will have to unleash the dogs of war. It will be our only choice. Then we will see how tough these animals are I guess.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178169 Jun 16, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>As to my acting like a d*ck in your opinion - sorry about that. Maybe if you were a little less BLATANTLY eager to play (and not, imo, very well) a silly game of gotcha, my responses wouldn't be so harsh.
Apology accepted.

These boards can be fun and maybe even a little insightful to boot!
Let's keep it that way shall we?

Let's make a deal, if, in the future, you perceive me to be guilty of setting up a gotcha moment, ignore me.

I'll do the same or, not.

Gotcha moments don't bother me, I kinda like 'em!

Remember I posted the other day that I don't believe what I said was / is relevant?

It's true.

That goes for everyone here cause we're just shooting the bull.

We are just shooting the bull right?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#178170 Jun 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>This from a guy who says it's stupid to say "Well he does it too and he's worser." Yes I agree I've been impolite at times, but for me not so much a pattern. As you could see I gave you credit for being smart, but let's face it Willie, you don't think there is any worthy opponent, so I do have to wonder what you're doing here, if we are all so "annoying." There is lots to talk about and feelings to be expressed. Most won't do it because why bother. By the way if your "personality" is to be rude, than yes I'll say something about your personality. To me it's very annoying.
"Feelings.
Nothing more than Fe-e-e-lings.
Fe-e-e-el-l-i-i-n-n-g-s!
woe woe woe
feelings.
woe woe woe...."
(I'd do more, but this is one song I don't know the words to!)
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178171 Jun 16, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your not having any concrete solutions. Don't feel bad, nobody does.
As regards all that warm and fuzzy optimism, values and core belief stuff, I think you to be smarter than that, irregardless of your NEED to believe it.
It's been a good run, eh?
I'd rather be warm and fuzzy than pessimistic and so as I see it the running isn't over, the last run is over, time to take time and gather yourself for the next run. Often things must get worse for things to get better again which no leaders or politicians will profess while engaged in their selfish pursuit and most who support them don't want to hear or accept the reality of it. The current crop of leaders and politicians are exploiting that reality.

I always look for inspiration.....and I keep on finding it, everywhere I care to look for it.

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”~Bruce Lee

In other words, you must abandon your present perch and descend through the valley to reach and climb the next(a higher)plateau.

PS- Either you or someone that resonates with you suggested our form of Govt is no longer a constitutional republic, that we have already become a democracy...or a "Tyranny of the Majority" as one of the founders likened it. If so, it didn't happen in the last 6 years, nor in the last 14, 22, or 30 years, and so the cries about the current pres and admin deconstructing and destroying the US of A come a LOTTA too late.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#178172 Jun 16, 2014
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought that a contract that was one-sided was easier to get out of because the judge can see that it's weighted against the person and is thus, unfair. Isn't it equivalent to signing a contract under duress?
Absolutely not. Who do you think would bring in more customers? Petes` Burger Shack or McDonalds. McDonalds is a world wide chain and customer know exactly what they are getting no matter where the location of the store happens to be.

The person who bought into the franchise has a much better chance of success by relying on the name. So we know that was not signing under duress. People beg for the chance.

Location hidden

#178173 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't think we're in their sights, NF. Sure, if they could convert us to Islam easily, they would try, but I don't believe they think they have any chance of converting 300,000,000 people who are primarily Christian.

But, if they try, we will have to unleash the dogs of war. It will be our only choice. Then we will see how tough these animals are I guess.
Converting us?
I was thinking along the lines of exterminating us!

YIKES!

Sidepoint -
What war were you commenting about in this, your earlier post below?
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you here NF. We won the war and even the Iraqi commanders were in awe of how decisively we won it. We beat them so badly that there have been few wars fought in history where one participant had so dominated another and in such a short time span. We took out there eyes and ears. Then we denied them the ability to launch their planes. Then we took out their air defenses. Then we took out their ability to resupply and finally we rolled over their ground forces. What part of the war do you think we lost? We even handed their country back to them after we rebuilt their ability to distribute their oil. What we couldn't do was give them the cohones to fight those who took advantage of the war by infiltrating and launching their little homicide-bomber campaigns. The Iraqis are going to have to decide if they want freedom or not. If they don't then screw them.

Location hidden

#178174 Jun 16, 2014
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
"Feelings.
Fe-e-e-el-l-i-i-n-n-g-s!
woe woe woe
feelings.
woe woe woe...."
LOL!
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178175 Jun 16, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.
These boards can be fun and maybe even a little insightful to boot!
Let's keep it that way shall we?
Let's make a deal, if, in the future, you perceive me to be guilty of setting up a gotcha moment, ignore me.
I'll do the same or, not.
Gotcha moments don't bother me, I kinda like 'em!
Remember I posted the other day that I don't believe what I said was / is relevant?
It's true.
That goes for everyone here cause we're just shooting the bull.
We are just shooting the bull right?
"Let's make a deal, if, in the future, you perceive me to be guilty of setting up a gotcha moment, ignore me.
I'll do the same or, not."~NEWS FLASH

Are you willing to accept that deal in reverse terms(I'll do the same or, not)? If not, it's not a reasonable deal for one side and deserves to be ridiculed.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#178176 Jun 16, 2014
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
"Feelings.
Fe-e-e-el-l-i-i-n-n-g-s!
woe woe woe
feelings.
woe woe woe...."
Heheheheeeeee

To some, the only feelings that matter are their own. Treat others as you would have them treat you, I'm trying to teach my 2 girls that before they become adults struggle with it, my son has already learned it and practices it, he's grown into a good person and I'm proud of him for that alone.

Location hidden

#178177 Jun 16, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather be warm and fuzzy than pessimistic and so as I see it the running isn't over, the last run is over, time to take time and gather yourself for the next run. Often things must get worse for things to get better again which no leaders or politicians will profess while engaged in their selfish pursuit and most who support them don't want to hear or accept the reality of it. The current crop of leaders and politicians are exploiting that reality.

I always look for inspiration.....and I keep on finding it, everywhere I care to look for it.
I love the sentiment here but no longer share it with you.
A historical study of civilizations past / sociology and societies past side with me.

I have become jaded, cynical and exhausted with spending energy on false hope. I credit the majority of those with power and authority for that.

Plenty of blame to go around.

But please, by all means tho’, keep bringing roses to the parade!
Who knows, you may say something so profound that one will have no other recourse other than to take note.

Location hidden

#178178 Jun 16, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let's make a deal, if, in the future, you perceive me to be guilty of setting up a gotcha moment, ignore me.
I'll do the same or, not."~NEWS FLASH
Are you willing to accept that deal in reverse terms(I'll do the same or, not)? If not, it's not a reasonable deal for one side and deserves to be ridiculed.
Which side is it not reasonable for?

Location hidden

#178179 Jun 16, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”~Bruce Lee
In other words, you must abandon your present perch and descend through the valley to reach and climb the next(a higher)plateau.
PS- Either you or someone that resonates with you suggested our form of Govt is no longer a constitutional republic, that we have already become a democracy...or a "Tyranny of the Majority" as one of the founders likened it. If so, it didn't happen in the last 6 years, nor in the last 14, 22, or 30 years, and so the cries about the current pres and admin deconstructing and destroying the US of A come a LOTTA too late.
Just put a heart above your post. Sincerity counts, or at least it should!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#178180 Jun 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>This from a guy who says it's stupid to say "Well he does it too and he's worser." Yes I agree I've been impolite at times, but for me not so much a pattern. As you could see I gave you credit for being smart, but let's face it Willie, you don't think there is any worthy opponent, so I do have to wonder what you're doing here, if we are all so "annoying." There is lots to talk about and feelings to be expressed. Most won't do it because why bother. By the way if your "personality" is to be rude, than yes I'll say something about your personality. To me it's very annoying.
1. Where did I say anything about [you] all being annoying?

2. What business is it of yours why I'm posting here?

Since you ask, I like talking about current affairs, foreign affairs, and yes - politics. An actual discussion of one of those topics breaks out here every once in a while, even if it is far less often than it used to be.

3. You are actually rude (to me, at least) so rarely that it's not worth mentioning - and I didn't mention it. My point wasn't that you are personally rude, my point is that you blatantly rationale, justify, or excuse rude behavior on the part of those others who you agree with politically.

Chicago, IL

#178181 Jun 16, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Converting us?
I was thinking along the lines of exterminating us!
YIKES!
Sidepoint -
What war were you commenting about in this, your earlier post below?<quoted text>
Well, if they wish to exterminate us we'll just have to deal with it. Personally, nobody I know is going to run and hide.

The war I was referring to is the first war in Iraq after they had gone into Kuwait.

Chicago, IL

#178182 Jun 16, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. Who do you think would bring in more customers? Petes` Burger Shack or McDonalds. McDonalds is a world wide chain and customer know exactly what they are getting no matter where the location of the store happens to be.
The person who bought into the franchise has a much better chance of success by relying on the name. So we know that was not signing under duress. People beg for the chance.
Good point.

Chicago, IL

#178183 Jun 16, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the sentiment here but no longer share it with you.
A historical study of civilizations past / sociology and societies past side with me.
I have become jaded, cynical and exhausted with spending energy on false hope. I credit the majority of those with power and authority for that.
Plenty of blame to go around.
But please, by all means tho’, keep bringing roses to the parade!
Who knows, you may say something so profound that one will have no other recourse other than to take note.
It must be difficult for you to live like this, NF. There is still so much beauty in this world. My wish for you is that it become more apparent to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,360
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 990,724
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 29 min Asslickerandrew 15
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 692,175
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul really is dead 476
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Today In History 619,839
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 3 hr bksmoker 24
More from around the web