Comments
169,781 - 169,800 of 172,544 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177912
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Day 71.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177913
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What are the redskins willing to pay for one player for one season?

Brian Orakpo Salary
2014-15 -$11455000

He has a multi year contract and a guaranteed salary greater than 11 million should he get injured and not play another game for the redskins.

Get a clear perspective on what things really cost bald bob, errr I mean BAD! BOB!

HAHAHaaaaaa!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177914
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Strength and Honor wrote:
Here's a good article on changing the Redskins name, from the prospective of a sports reporter. It looks like the cost would be between 10 and 20 million for a major NFL franchise. The Redskins are worth over a billion dollars.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/42640844... #!W7GYT
Once that's done, lets have DC enact a new law requiring citizens to turn in all books, vhs
tapes, cds, etc., with a western genre, but only those depicting Native Americans in a "bad"
light.

Hollywood will be banned from production of ANY western movies or documentaries depicting NA's in a "bad" light.

Children shall no longer be able to go outside and play Cowboys & Indians. Nor Cowboys & Native Americans, as the general flow of the game always tends to have the Cowboys defeat
the Indians.

Mount Rushmore shall be dynamited and all non-native homesteaders shall be evicted, as The sacred Black Hills were stolen from Native Americans in the 19th Century, mainly because Custer & his entourage discovered GOLD there in 1874.

All United States with names of Indian derivatives such as Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado, Florida, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Delaware, etc., will be required to change their names, omitting any reference to Native Americans.

All these things are no more sillier than trying to force a team owner to change the name of a sports franchise, because a few Native Americans are "offended" by it. I believe majority still rules here in the US, although with today's PC, one should not place a large bet on it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177915
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

common sense wrote:
What are the redskins willing to pay for one player for one season?
Brian Orakpo Salary
2014-15 -$11455000
He has a multi year contract and a guaranteed salary greater than 11 million should he get injured and not play another game for the redskins.
Get a clear perspective on what things really cost bald bob, errr I mean BAD! BOB!
HAHAHaaaaaa!
Yawwwwwwwwwwn!

Again irrelevant, exactly like YOU.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177916
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The cost of changing names is a bullsh!t excuse to hide behind, so is the bullsh!t excuse pointing to tradition when most of professional sports teams have changed cities, names, and logos many times and the cost of doing it is not prohibitive.

BH deserves an apology from BB and a few others for their lack of interest and empathy concerning native americans and issues they raise, let's see if they have the courage to man-up....or woman-up if you so prefer.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177917
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawwwwwwwwwwn!
Again irrelevant, exactly like YOU.
YOU brought up cost, now YOU say it's irrelevant. You are left holding nothing but your shriveled little d!ck.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177918
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Your post is irrelevant and far afield of any point raised by BH, get a clue doooshbag.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once that's done, lets have DC enact a new law requiring citizens to turn in all books, vhs
tapes, cds, etc., with a western genre, but only those depicting Native Americans in a "bad"
light.
Hollywood will be banned from production of ANY western movies or documentaries depicting NA's in a "bad" light.
Children shall no longer be able to go outside and play Cowboys & Indians. Nor Cowboys & Native Americans, as the general flow of the game always tends to have the Cowboys defeat
the Indians.
Mount Rushmore shall be dynamited and all non-native homesteaders shall be evicted, as The sacred Black Hills were stolen from Native Americans in the 19th Century, mainly because Custer & his entourage discovered GOLD there in 1874.
All United States with names of Indian derivatives such as Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado, Florida, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Delaware, etc., will be required to change their names, omitting any reference to Native Americans.
All these things are no more sillier than trying to force a team owner to change the name of a sports franchise, because a few Native Americans are "offended" by it. I believe majority still rules here in the US, although with today's PC, one should not place a large bet on it.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177919
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
That is equal to .1% to .2% of the team value. That is one tenth of a percent to two tenths of a percent for those who cannot count(ie.Bad Bob).
You remind me of this:

I don't like country music.

But I don't denigrate those who do.

And for those who like country music, denigrate means put down.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177920
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once that's done, lets have DC enact a new law requiring citizens to turn in all books, vhs
tapes, cds, etc., with a western genre, but only those depicting Native Americans in a "bad"
light.
Hollywood will be banned from production of ANY western movies or documentaries depicting NA's in a "bad" light.
Children shall no longer be able to go outside and play Cowboys & Indians. Nor Cowboys & Native Americans, as the general flow of the game always tends to have the Cowboys defeat
the Indians.
Mount Rushmore shall be dynamited and all non-native homesteaders shall be evicted, as The sacred Black Hills were stolen from Native Americans in the 19th Century, mainly because Custer & his entourage discovered GOLD there in 1874.
All United States with names of Indian derivatives such as Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado, Florida, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Delaware, etc., will be required to change their names, omitting any reference to Native Americans.
All these things are no more sillier than trying to force a team owner to change the name of a sports franchise, because a few Native Americans are "offended" by it. I believe majority still rules here in the US, although with today's PC, one should not place a large bet on it.
No more sillier, eh?
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177921
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Clearwater wrote:
Day 71.
Glenn Beck endured hemorrhoids for much longer than that before needing surgery, after which he criticized the US healthcare system as dangerous....before praising it later on Fox News as the best in the world.

Toooooo funny.

But seriously, I think the escape attempt exacerbated the situation, I'm sure serious people are making serious attempts to bring the situation to a reasonable conclusion. Remember, patience is a virtue.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177922
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once that's done, lets have DC enact a new law requiring citizens to turn in all books, vhs
tapes, cds, etc., with a western genre, but only those depicting Native Americans in a "bad"
light.
Hollywood will be banned from production of ANY western movies or documentaries depicting NA's in a "bad" light.
Children shall no longer be able to go outside and play Cowboys & Indians. Nor Cowboys & Native Americans, as the general flow of the game always tends to have the Cowboys defeat
the Indians.
Mount Rushmore shall be dynamited and all non-native homesteaders shall be evicted, as The sacred Black Hills were stolen from Native Americans in the 19th Century, mainly because Custer & his entourage discovered GOLD there in 1874.
All United States with names of Indian derivatives such as Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado, Florida, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Delaware, etc., will be required to change their names, omitting any reference to Native Americans.
All these things are no more sillier than trying to force a team owner to change the name of a sports franchise, because a few Native Americans are "offended" by it. I believe majority still rules here in the US, although with today's PC, one should not place a large bet on it.
I really don't know what to say in this one, Bob. Part of me feels just like you do. It's nothing more than silliness and at worst a backhanded slap to the American way of life. But another part of me feels we owe the Indian people so much because of what our ancestors did to theirs in settling this country. If it will help the healing process, even if those hurting are only a small minority, aren't we a strong enough people to help these people to move forward?

Having said that, though, I feel that after the Redskins name is changed, it will be some other demand we're faced with. There are some very unhappy people in our country and I think no matter what we do for them it will not be enough. I think that's the downside of making our country a haven for the world's huddled masses. There will always be a minority that feels they've been screwed.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177923
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of this:
I don't like country music.
But I don't denigrate those who do.
And for those who like country music, denigrate means put down.
We all have our preferences and differences, that which unites us outweighs whatever divides us.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177924
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

3

1

common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU brought up cost, now YOU say it's irrelevant. You are left holding nothing but your shriveled little d!ck.
Lookin' thru my window again huh, ya little pervert!

I don't usually take time to school perverts like you, but I claimed it was irrelevant because
the team owner is being PRESSURED to change the name. In spite of you and Obama's hopes, this is still the US, not Russia or China.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177925
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

common sense wrote:
Your post is irrelevant and far afield of any point raised by BH, get a clue doooshbag.
<quoted text>
Oh so now yer stealin' my material AND stickin' yer nasty tongue out too? If the Washington Redskins owner is forced to change the name, it's YOU better beware.

This "far afield" won't necessarily be that far off, urine stain. Course I wouldn't expect Obama enablers to savvy any of it.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177926
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have our preferences and differences, that which unites us outweighs whatever divides us.
Perhaps.

My point was that, in my view, some people have Van Gogh's ear for music.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177927
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know what to say in this one, Bob. Part of me feels just like you do. It's nothing more than silliness and at worst a backhanded slap to the American way of life. But another part of me feels we owe the Indian people so much because of what our ancestors did to theirs in settling this country. If it will help the healing process, even if those hurting are only a small minority, aren't we a strong enough people to help these people to move forward?
Having said that, though, I feel that after the Redskins name is changed, it will be some other demand we're faced with. There are some very unhappy people in our country and I think no matter what we do for them it will not be enough. I think that's the downside of making our country a haven for the world's huddled masses. There will always be a minority that feels they've been screwed.
For someone that doesn't know what to say SH, you stated it about as well as it gets. I agree with nearly every word.

Only thing is, just as some African Americans demanding reparations for what our ancestors did to them in the 18th & 19th Centuries, from slaving ships to slave states, it simply isn't practical to hold modern-day civilizations accountable for the travesties of our long past generations.

And what the US, especially the US government did to Native Americans in the wild west was no less reprehensible (IMO). Treaties were routinely broken, as a matter of no consequence, built upon lie after lie. For what? Simply because Indians stood in the way of western immigration & expansion, and occupied several areas where gold was discovered.

No one has championed the plight of Native America more than Dennis Banks, still going strong at 80+ years of age. Banks has also called on Bennett to change the name of his team. Here's the results:

http://mn70s.tumblr.com/post/63741920544/denn... .

If Dennis can't get the "name issue" resolved, it not likely to change anytime soon.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177928
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

common sense wrote:
BH deserves an apology from BB and a few others for their lack of interest and empathy concerning native americans and issues they raise, let's see if they have the courage to man-up....or woman-up if you so prefer.
Hhrumphh! Speaking only for meself, I rarely apologize to ANYone for stating my opinion on ANY issue, but especially not because some low-life worm like you thinks Blackheart deserves one.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177929
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hhrumphh! Speaking only for meself, I rarely apologize to ANYone for stating my opinion on ANY issue, but especially not because some low-life worm like you thinks Blackheart deserves one.
I already know you're pigheaded and stubborn, tell me something I don't know.

I just gave my opinion that I believe you owed an apology to BH, not that you possessed the currency to settle up.
common sense

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177930
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so now yer stealin' my material AND stickin' yer nasty tongue out too? If the Washington Redskins owner is forced to change the name, it's YOU better beware.
This "far afield" won't necessarily be that far off, urine stain. Course I wouldn't expect Obama enablers to savvy any of it.
You've finally settled on a more reasonable defense worthy of discussion rather than the money and tradition bullsh!t you started with.

As long as the "pressure" being used is lawful and doesn't violate the owners civil or constitutional rights then I have no issue with it, that pressure is a normal part of our political and social system and often exercised without objection from you in areas where you agree with the pressure being applied. If he is pressured with violence or threat of violence or has his civil or constitutional rights violated then I'll gladly stand with you on this one
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177931
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You just never know in politics. See ya Eric.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
I DON'T LIKE being black!! (Aug '12) 2 min Black person 17
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 1,604
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 115,599
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 min Sijo 430
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 9 min YES 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min scaritual 722,121
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 15 min whogivesarstsbutt 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Commander Bunny 256,963
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 533,566
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••