Bush is a hero
Francine

Honolulu, HI

#177226 May 16, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sung". That alone is reason enough to ignore the balance of your equally ignorant rant.
You got nothing grammarian. When i start giving you homework you will see that when i misspell i flush out trolls like you.

You have no power in today's world and every day it gets tougher for you to view the world. And i love it!!!!

Your flag flying days are over, but you probably have a little shrine in your closet.

The odds are 5 to 1 that your grandchild will marry someone of a different race.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#177227 May 16, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
You got nothing grammarian. When i start giving you homework you will see that when i misspell i flush out trolls like you.
You have no power in today's world and every day it gets tougher for you to view the world. And i love it!!!!
Your flag flying days are over, but you probably have a little shrine in your closet.
The odds are 5 to 1 that your grandchild will marry someone of a different race.
And your point is.....?
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#177228 May 16, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The scariest part of your post was that you have actually reproduced further dumbing down the collective gene pool.
Here is a fun one. Today on afternoon drivetime radio a bit about Hilary and supporters were asked to call in. One girl very excited to support here when asked what her most notable achievement was she replied being the first female Sec. of State. Don't know to laugh or cry. In her defense the caller said she was an 8th grade student. Next up a middle aged man also can't wait for her to be potus. When he was asked silence followed by some Bush bashing. The President today spoke in New York and said in part at the 9-11 memorial we that terrorism can't break us. This is a guy that will not even be honest concerning Ft. Hood. The nation is long ago broken and its doubtful we will ever be one again. In another forum almost each day some wish death on Christians. So much for coexist. Dare not to support a certain agenda and be shouted down.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#177229 May 16, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, another lib that worships identity politics. How are things in Ewa beach? One thing I miss about it, no crazy seagulls.
Hillary Clinton

Lakeville, MN

#177230 May 16, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a fun one. Today on afternoon drivetime radio a bit about Hilary and supporters were asked to call in. One girl very excited to support here when asked what her most notable achievement was she replied being the first female Sec. of State. Don't know to laugh or cry. In her defense the caller said she was an 8th grade student. Next up a middle aged man also can't wait for her to be potus. When he was asked silence followed by some Bush bashing. The President today spoke in New York and said in part at the 9-11 memorial we that terrorism can't break us. This is a guy that will not even be honest concerning Ft. Hood. The nation is long ago broken and its doubtful we will ever be one again. In another forum almost each day some wish death on Christians. So much for coexist. Dare not to support a certain agenda and be shouted down.
At this point what does it matter?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#177231 May 16, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
Still clingin' to that "hopey changey" thing huh? S'ok little Frank. When you're curled up in the fetal position suckin' on yer blankey, it should be quite a comfort to ya. Worthless troll!

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#177232 May 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Actually 'female hysteria" which I think was anything from depression to mania was treated by the doctor manipulating the woman's clitoris to give her an orgasm. It was used as a therapy for many years. Maybe women faked "female hysteria" for a visit to the doctor.
What I read, and this was Decades ago, in either The New England Journal of Medicine, or The Scientific American, was that husbands, back in the seventeen hundreds and early eighteen hundreds used to take their wives to the asylum when they enjoyed sex too much. The perscribed therapy was to wrap them in wet sheets and hose them down every day for a week, or weeks. If that didn't take, then they'd do it over. Sometime during that era, men decided that they Liked women who liked sex.
Go figure. Nasty little cusses.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#177233 May 16, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Still clingin' to that "hopey changey" thing huh? S'ok little Frank. When you're curled up in the fetal position suckin' on yer blankey, it should be quite a comfort to ya. Worthless troll!
Its too easy. Out of one side of the mouth each and every lib I've heard says the same bs. Tolerance equality blah blah blah. But as this hack from Honolulu proves with each post its just worthless words.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#177234 May 16, 2014
Found this website run by a former teacher quite good.

conversationed.com
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#177235 May 16, 2014
Hillary Clinton wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point what does it matter?
Ask the families that buried loved ones from the jihadist at Ft. Hood
Francine

Honolulu, HI

#177236 May 16, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my prediction, whoever the dem nominee is will be touted as the most brilliant human in history(until their next nominee).I also predict the Repub nominee will be smeared with an assortment of negative labels.
The victim card is the only card you play.

Ah just got back from the beach. Another beautiful day. Saw some Hawaiian flag towels and some USA Flag towels but none of those outdated Rebel Flags.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#177237 May 16, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Female Hysteria and 19th century science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria
Women with hysteria under the effects of hypnosis
Water massages as a treatment for hysteria (c. 1860)
Female hysteria was a once-common medical diagnosis, made exclusively in women, which is today no longer recognized by medical authorities as a medical disorder. Its diagnosis and treatment were routine for many hundreds of years in Western Europe. Hysteria was widely discussed in the medical literature of the 19th century. Women considered to be suffering from it exhibited a wide array of symptoms, including faintness, nervousness, sexual desire, insomnia, fluid retention, heaviness in the abdomen, muscle spasm, shortness of breath, irritability, loss of appetite for food or sex, and "a tendency to cause trouble".[1] In extreme cases, the woman would be forced into the asylum and undergo surgical hysterectomy.
....no longer recognized by medical authorities....but considered a humorous characterization of the facts of global climate change, by those who 'ride the lightbeam'....

Have fun with that.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#177238 May 16, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
The victim card is the only card you play.
Ah just got back from the beach. Another beautiful day. Saw some Hawaiian flag towels and some USA Flag towels but none of those outdated Rebel Flags.
Ah, Catcher's cousin I think. Same belief that "life is a beach" for everyone and bad presidents and bad legislation have no consequences because "life is a beach." Don't have to worry yourself about the poor and disenfranchised because the gov't is taking care of them, or so you convince yourselves. And you convince yourself that life's a beach for them too, so you don't have to think about that and spoil your fun. Pfffft.
Francine

Honolulu, HI

#177239 May 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Catcher's cousin I think. Same belief that "life is a beach" for everyone and bad presidents and bad legislation have no consequences because "life is a beach." Don't have to worry yourself about the poor and disenfranchised because the gov't is taking care of them, or so you convince yourselves. And you convince yourself that life's a beach for them too, so you don't have to think about that and spoil your fun. Pfffft.
Zowie....flower child from a hidden location; i went to the beach, period.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#177240 May 16, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Catcher's cousin I think. Same belief that "life is a beach" for everyone and bad presidents and bad legislation have no consequences because "life is a beach." Don't have to worry yourself about the poor and disenfranchised because the gov't is taking care of them, or so you convince yourselves. And you convince yourself that life's a beach for them too, so you don't have to think about that and spoil your fun. Pfffft.
Hey.

Why pick on me?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#177241 May 17, 2014
lisw wrote:
Did it ever occur to you, that life IS a beach?

We build our castles to the depths and breadths and heights our soul can reach, and then the tide comes in..........

What we build between the tides, is all we can lay claim to. I hope the building is at LEAST fun, don't you?

Else, what's forever for?

LIghten up.

Or are you so concerned with being 'right' that it's all you'll have left?
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#177242 May 17, 2014
lisw wrote:
If I may... As someone that also lives at the beach I've seen it all. True many here are so rich and self absorbed they can't be bothered by the little people unless something is in it for them. Others spend a life pouring out everything to make the world better for others. It's been my experience that the ones that do much rarely if ever speak of it as they don't want credit. Life is what we make it and don't thinkin the setting is so important. Just read a story online of a young lady, beautiful that is a surfer and model in Honululu. She lives in paradise but just ruined her life as she tried to muder an elderly lady in a road rage. What a waste.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#177244 May 17, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Hey BH so great to see you. I hate to disagree with your first post in so long, but I believe that Lightbeamrider is making the point that "female hysteria" was one viewed as science. Yes really. Science is a wonderful thing but it usually takes centuries to prove it true or false. It used to be science that if you went out on the ocean far enough you'd fall off of the end of the earth. I can name many scientific theories that proved false but won't bore you with them unless you ask. The bible wasn't even mentioned I don't believe, that may be coming from your own subconscience (also a scientific term which may be disproved)
Hope you'll be here for awhile.
Excellent analogy, but not like you think.

It was a common myth that the earth was flat, from the earliest times down to this very day apparently, among the non-educated or non-experienced. But "science" predicted the earth to be a sphere at least as far back as the early Greeks, and one Greek "scientist" (name?) came amazingly close to calculating it's circumference. Deep-water sailors also recognized the curvature of the earth just by observing the ever-changing horizon at sea.

Thus it is a good analogy, as it is commonly held among certain people that climate change is not real, all evidence to the contrary, while "science" is overwhelmingly in agreement that it is happening. Meanwhile we the people apparently plan to "take centuries" to see if it's "proved false". As I've said, I'm apathetic we have the will to do anything about it. When people get all upset about switching lightbulbs even though it saves them money, I'm pretty darn certain we won't. Our grandchildren will revere us, no doubt, for sticking to our "principles".

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#177245 May 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.
Why pick on me?
Yer not gonna cry are ya troll? Wipe your nose.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#177246 May 17, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>.
Thus it is a good analogy, as it is commonly held among certain people that climate change is not real, all evidence to the contrary, while "science" is overwhelmingly in agreement that it is happening. Meanwhile we the people apparently plan to "take centuries" to see if it's "proved false". As I've said, I'm apathetic we have the will to do anything about it. When people get all upset about switching lightbulbs even though it saves them money, I'm pretty darn certain we won't. Our grandchildren will revere us, no doubt, for sticking to our "principles".
I don't know anyone who doesn't believe climate change isn't real. Climate, changes. Weather, changes. Every second of every day and has since the earths formation.

The question in most skeptics minds is if global warming or global cooling or rapid climate change or dramatic climactic episodes or climate chaos ( or whatever the latest fashionable phrase is to cause the most alarm and sign-ups ) is being caused by man, is simply cyclical or is a combination of the two. Personally I think it's primarily cyclical with a miniscule percentage of man made contributing factors and I won't bore you with my reasons.

I know of no rational person who thinks >junk< going into the atmosphere and our earths water is good for the planet but I also think it's absolutely reasonable to look at scientists and political figures out of one eye when they state, "the debate is settled" or "the science has been settled." It isn't settled. That's the gift and the thrill of science. Science is subject to change based on new data and anyone who pronounces a science is settled, is #1 on my list for being the least scientific and in the top 10 of being ill-informed and naïve.

Half the people who have a definitive opinion on this don't know the difference between a hypothesis, a scientific theory and a scientific law.

Hypothesis: An educated guess. A suggested answer for a currently unexplained occurrence.

Scientific theory: It's a summary of a hypothesis or number of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If the hypotheses has enough evidence, it takes the next step and is known as a >theory< and in science lingo, that means it has become and is presently accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.{ General relativity, special relativity,(Einstein) Evolution by natural selection (Darwin)}

Scientific law: It's a generalized rule to explain multiple observations in the form of a verbal or mathematical statement. It's a formula. A analytical statement. Scientific laws imply a cause and effect between observed elements and must always apply under the same conditions. They don't try to explain >why< the observed event happens, but only that the event actually occurs the same way over and over.(Boyle's Law for example)

Man made climate change is not yet a theory in scientific terms and it isn't a law which leaves us in the hypothetical observational stage so you'll have to forgive me for not jumping on the man-made climate change bandwagon and when a debate can still good-naturedly take place in the scientific community on whether GRAVITY should really be a theory or a law, I'm not remotely ready to cast a definitive vote on where the question of climate change should lie, but imo, nowhere in the foreseeable future should it be permitted to sit undisturbed and protected from further examination and simply be named, Case Closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Bongo 100,536
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 670,351
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 5 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 6 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web