Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176892 Apr 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First Lyndi, then Bundy, now Donald Sterling.
Each with his/her own style and approach.
Who will be next?
Off to the gym.
Is your head getting any smaller with the workouts at the gym. I don't know if your stomach or bum is too big but I know your head is.
G7 nations are War Monger

Astoria, NY

#176893 Apr 27, 2014
-USA-1 the war monger wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny, caused the Nazis on another thread really hate me, the don't consider me a brother in arms. Must have been something I said. LMAO! <¦-o
Because you Poster USA-1 support Somalian war lords and war mongers and Dictators...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#176895 Apr 27, 2014
G7nations are War Mongers wrote:
<quoted text>Come on know lyndi you smarter than that is not all O' fault its pasts few adminstrations ill agendas/policies had concurrent consequence we all see today... so do you know what i'm conversing about, let see how smart your are , i wait for you to explain those ill agendas/policies that got our US into whole lot of trouble...? Afraid of an intellectual challenge, come do tell!
HEHEHE ...
....just drunk enough tonight to answer your drivel with my own.........

Everyone here is well versed in the political discussions of the day....we ALL know previous Administrations have influence on their successors....the problem is, it's all bait and switch these days.

(Oldest con in the world.)

Obama is Bush, is Clinton, is Bush, is Reagan.

Jeb might could take this one.........I suggest you emigrate back to Somaliastan....it'll probably be safer.

:)

Location hidden

#176898 Apr 28, 2014
G7nations are War Mongers wrote:
<quoted text>
So Another Bush Family member to take the helm? God help s all! u Now Know would Somailiastan know anything about Jeb? No! But i'm not a Somaliastan , I do think you drdrank to much..! Jeb will give everyone in America and world a nightmare on Elm street.:)-
HEHEHEHEHE
Honey, Jeb Bush would snort Hillary Clinton like a line of primo coke....nobody trusts her. Even the Die-hard Democrats wish she would go away - and if the DNC (such an ironic acronym) could avoid running her, it would. It can't....there's no one else with a shot, willing to be labeled a 'Democrat' on a National ballot.

Seriously, Clinton's ONLY hope for her one-term pity Presidency, is if the Republicans can't come up with a better final candidate than Bobby Jindal. If it's Jeb? He'll win.

Hillary SUCKS.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#176902 Apr 28, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll be a 3rd world country if we continue on the path Obama has us on, long before a full generation has passed.......
Why don't you regale the class with his vast accomplishments; both domestic and foreign. Expound on his brutal honesty with he American people, his transparency, job creation success and our national debt reduction. Share with us how he has been a positive influence for small business and has encouraged entrepreneurship and individual innovation with much needed tax relief in order to promote growth. Explain how the increase of Americans all across the nation now on welfare, disability or unemployment is proof positive we're heading in the right direction. Justify our new and improved healthcare system, justify it's costs and when you've successfully done all that, rebut this quote:

Do all that and maybe, I'll become a starry eyed liberal just like you.
Another dipsey-dido from Lyndi. You're gonna hurt your neck jerking sideways like that.

The topic started as relative governmental philosophies. When pressed, you veer off into ObamaLand. Again, focusing on whosits, rather than what, when, where, or why. It's your m.o.

"Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds talk about people."

I've given more than one list, in response to previous "challenges". I've also been forthright about disappointments. You're not interested, or you wouldn't offer it YET again as if it were new, and you'll dismiss the disappointments out of hand because they don't fit your "defending Obama" paper doll.

For shits and grins tho' there's this, so you can't say I didn't "honor" your request.

Foreign policy: Syria - The Obama admin was playing chess while the right-wing was rooting for checker moves. Result - no American forces involved, chemical weapons going, going, gone. Win-win.

Foreign policy - in March 2014, for the first time in 12 years, no American service-person died from hostile fire. Huge win, receiving NO attention on right-wing media.

Small Business: The last three years are the highest on record for SBA lending. The President has continually proposed tax breaks and stimulus spending targeting small business, the GOP continually oppose it.

Increasing numbers on public assistance: This is quite probably among the top three in right-wing disingenuousness. Again, small-minds act as if all things operate within chosen vacuums of time, i.e., "What happened prior to Jan 2009, has no relevance. Uh, unless it's positive, than yeah, Bush did that." This topic isn't worth any more font than that.

ACA: I'm not going to justify it, I'm for national healthcare. Still, it's a step in the right direction. No doubt opponents will hamper it all along the way, as they do all such programs, so small-minds can say, "See, it don't work!"

There, I wasted my time for ya, again, but it's my time, and yer welcome to it. It's hardly a comprehensive list, nor does it contain any of my previous listed disappointments, of which there are many, but it doesn't matter. Some time a few months from now, we'll see the challenge thrown down yet again. Small minds have little room for retention.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176903 Apr 28, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>

1) Foreign policy: Syria - The Obama admin was playing chess while the right-wing was rooting for checker moves. Result - no American forces involved, chemical weapons going, going, gone. Win-win.
Foreign policy - in March 2014, for the first time in 12 years, no American service-person died from hostile fire. Huge win, receiving NO attention on right-wing media.

2) Small Business: The last three years are the highest on record for SBA lending. The President has continually proposed tax breaks and stimulus spending targeting small business, the GOP continually oppose it.

3) Increasing numbers on public assistance: This is quite probably among the top three in right-wing disingenuousness. Again, small-minds act as if all things operate within chosen vacuums of time, i.e., "What happened prior to Jan 2009, has no relevance. Uh, unless it's positive, than yeah, Bush did that." This topic isn't worth any more font than that.

4) ACA: I'm not going to justify it, I'm for national healthcare. Still, it's a step in the right direction. No doubt opponents will hamper it all along the way, as they do all such programs, so small-minds can say, "See, it don't work!"

There, I wasted my time for ya, again, but it's my time, and yer welcome to it. It's hardly a comprehensive list, nor does it contain any of my previous listed disappointments, of which there are many, but it doesn't matter. Some time a few months from now, we'll see the challenge thrown down yet again. Small minds have little room for retention.
=====

1) Putin played chess. Obama played tiddlywinks. The scheme to rid the Assad regime of its chemical weapons was a Russian move that Obama seized upon in his desperate attempt to avoid following through on its ill-conceived pledge of military action in Syria. Ah yes, the big red line oops. How easily you forget.. The move has also created massive distortions in our Syrian policy.

Let's see what you skipped.

Russia: Stupid reset button needs another press. And another. And another.
Turkey: Prime Minister said to be one of the few international leaders with whom Obama has some chemistry. Sooooo, what do we have? Increasing authoritarianism and Islamicization of a key NATO ally.
Israel: U.S.-Israeli relations probably at their worst since, gee I don't know. Pick a date. Israeli-Palestine: John Kerry? lolololol-
Egypt: Oh yeah, remember the Islamist regime Obama had backed? How'd that work out? Libya: Qadaffi. gone. Now the place is overflowing with Islamists. Now what?
Iran: Obama failed to back a serious challenge to the regime, which is now on the cusp of gaining nuclear weapons. Way to go!
Jordan and Saudi Arabia: Stunned at U.S. casualness about the prospect of a nuclear Iran
Iraq: Obama withdrew all U.S. troops, and the country is once again a flipping mess.
Afghanistan: Another sloppy mess.
Pakistan: The Pakistani Taliban is gaining strength, drones or no drones. Remember when Obama told us they were on the run? Psssst. He lied. Check out Yemen if you doubt me.
China: No significant improvement in relations. Shrug-worthy.
North Korea: Just as repressive as ever, and more nuclear than ever.

2, 3 and 4? I'm not going to bother. As evidenced by your simpleton answer regarding foreign policy, you're uniformed.

And you didn't waste your time on me. You did me a favor by showing us what you don't know. You're another low information American who's trying to pretend liberal policy works.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#176904 Apr 28, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're not averse to borrowing across the aisle with the Clintonian bafflegab (altho' it could easily be "Reaganesque"). Nice re-write, tho'. They won't notice, They never do. >wink<
<quoted text> Testy. Simmer down now, nobody said you were, did they?
At the same time, neo-conservatism has been the >prevailing< philosophy of the mainstream GOP for the last 30+ years. Tho' it hasn't yet been supplanted (yet) within the party, it has failed in practical terms so far as far as what it promises to deliver, except lower taxes and less regulation for the ruling class. More than failed, it has been disastrous for the middle- and working class AND for the American economy in general. Food stamps hasn't had a single thing to do with that, in fact it's a push for the economy, because poor people's cash goes right back into circulation.
So, why condemn a program that helps a few keep from starving while they negotiate the brave new world crafted for them in BI-partisan fashion by the DC Beltway oligarchy? Why condemn something that helps the vast majority of it's users just to get over a rough patch? I've never understood that - 85% of recipients utilize these programs for less than 5 years. But you'd paint the entire bunch with the lazy brush because 15 out of 100 stay on it longer, ignoring the fact that even among that 15% you have a considerable portion elderly and disabled. I don't get it. I'll never understand that.
Laughing at you. They won't notice. They never do. And in the very next post no less. You, like most on the left I've encounterd are exactly what you bitch about. Like I said carry on. It's a nice spring day here, low humidity, flowers in bloom. Way too good of a day to make points that you pretend aren't valid.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176905 Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing at you. They won't notice. They never do. And in the very next post no less. You, like most on the left I've encounterd are exactly what you bitch about. Like I said carry on. It's a nice spring day here, low humidity, flowers in bloom. Way too good of a day to make points that you pretend aren't valid.
Hip's all sizzle and no meat. Bravado, posturing, and sideswipes in lieu of results means he's got nothing.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176906 Apr 28, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hip's all sizzle and no meat. Bravado, posturing, and sideswipes in lieu of results means he's got nothing.
The thing that hacks me off is when real people share real life examples here and it gets ignored. Here is another. My father in law gets certain procedures for his eyes at the va. Another doctor sees him concerning a different eye problem and shock his insurance won't be accepted after the end of May. Oh well, just something else for Hip to ignore and Catcher to mock. Just as when Rider shared many examples it means nothing.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176913 Apr 28, 2014
The silence is deafening on Kerry but I expect nothing less.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176914 Apr 28, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I heard something about doctors outside of the Obama Care network are no longer going to be allowed to prescribe medications. I don't know how authentic that is, I haven't researched it, but I wouldn't surprise me. I suspect there's a whole host of draconian surprises awaiting us, until after the 2014 and 16 elections. The original Hillary Care bill was going to prohibit traveling outside of your healthcare network or zone, without written permission from an administrator. Travel papers anyone? Kinda like a Nazi Germany or a Soviet Russia.
The aca is a bad joke and I long ago lost count how many times the law has been changed for the benefit of hacks.

Location hidden

#176915 Apr 28, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Pigface Jeb has zer0 chance of winning. He'll only run as a spoiler, if Palin gets into the race. I wouldn't be surprised if Barry Soetoro tries to finagle third term. If he does, he'll win, there's enough people like Hypnosass that would vote for him and with the flagrant disregard for the Constitution, nobody will complain if the DNC is on board. The birthers, will become termers and everyone, especially John Boehner, will look the other way. Meanwhile Hilldog will be given a Supreme Court justice position to take her out of the race. If that doesn't work, Eric Holder will re open the Whitewater investigation.
Paranoid much?

Obama isn't getting any "third term".... but the Senate might get "term limits."

I could handle that, even Bush wins in spite of himself :)

Location hidden

#176924 Apr 29, 2014
I get so freakin' furious when I see a video of a child being abused. A father who wanted his 6 year old son to skateboard down this steep track and when he was afraid to do it he threw him down it. Someone decided to video tape it after they observed him do that THREE FREAKIN' TIMES.
Why didn't they stop him or call the police at least? Oh no they videotaped it so it could be on Fox news or get a million hits on youtube. That person should be arrested.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#176925 Apr 29, 2014
LOS ANGELES (The Borowitz Report)— After being banned by the N.B.A. Tuesday afternoon, the Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling told reporters that he would miss being around people he hates.

“Sure, I’m saddened by this,” Sterling said.“Sitting in the stands night after night, a boiling cauldron of hatred bubbling inside me—it doesn’t get better than that. Those were good times.”

“Knowing that I’ll never be able to sit in that arena again and look down on the people I despise—that hurts the most,” he said.

Looking back on his three-decade tenure with the Clippers, though, Sterling said he felt some measure of satisfaction:“No one hated more people than I did, and the feeling was mutual.”
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#176926 Apr 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
I get so freakin' furious when I see a video of a child being abused. A father who wanted his 6 year old son to skateboard down this steep track and when he was afraid to do it he threw him down it. Someone decided to video tape it after they observed him do that THREE FREAKIN' TIMES.
Why didn't they stop him or call the police at least? Oh no they videotaped it so it could be on Fox news or get a million hits on youtube. That person should be arrested.
While I don't know how the law reads I'm with you. For some time when Beck was on CNN and latter foxnews he would show these never ending videos and usually nobody would step in to help. The one that sticks in my mind was on a public bus where this guy was beat within an inch of his life. I do see it as confirmation that God is nearing His return. A lady I pray with that is in her 90s but has a sharp mind feels its getting worse.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176927 Apr 29, 2014
Benghazi Emails Suggest White House Aide Involved in Prepping Rice for ‘Video’ Explanation
04/29/2014
====

"Newly released emails on the Benghazi terror attack suggest a senior White House aide played a central role in preparing former U.N. ambassador Susan Rice for her controversial Sunday show appearances -- where she wrongly blamed protests over an Internet video.

More than 100 pages of documents were released to the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. Among them was a Sept. 14, 2012, email from Ben Rhodes, an assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for strategic communications.

The Rhodes email, with the subject line: "RE: PREP Call with Susan: Saturday at 4:00 pm ET," was sent to a dozen members of the administration's inner circle, including key members of the White House communications team such as Press Secretary Jay Carney.

The email lists the following two goals, among others:

"To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy."

"To reinforce the President and Administration's strength and steadiness in dealing with difficult challenges."

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the documents read like a PR strategy, not an effort to provide the best available intelligence to the American people.

"The goal of the White House was to do one thing primarily, which was to make the president look good. Blame it on the video and not [the] president's policies," he said."

Read [email protected]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/29/be...
==

I think all the people protecting President Buffoon from his chronic ineptitude should get a big fat bonus when this kangaroo administration finally packs up and leaves. They deserve it. And if Hillary Clinton knew about this farce when she was standing in front of those 4 caskets telling their families they were going to 'get the man who made the video,' it'll take the word disgusting to a whole new level.

Location hidden

#176928 Apr 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
Benghazi Emails Suggest White House Aide Involved in Prepping Rice for ‘Video’ Explanation
04/29/2014
====
"Newly released emails on the Benghazi terror attack suggest a senior White House aide played a central role in preparing former U.N. ambassador Susan Rice for her controversial Sunday show appearances -- where she wrongly blamed protests over an Internet video.
More than 100 pages of documents were released to the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. Among them was a Sept. 14, 2012, email from Ben Rhodes, an assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for strategic communications.
The Rhodes email, with the subject line: "RE: PREP Call with Susan: Saturday at 4:00 pm ET," was sent to a dozen members of the administration's inner circle, including key members of the White House communications team such as Press Secretary Jay Carney.
The email lists the following two goals, among others:
"To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy."
"To reinforce the President and Administration's strength and steadiness in dealing with difficult challenges."
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the documents read like a PR strategy, not an effort to provide the best available intelligence to the American people.
"The goal of the White House was to do one thing primarily, which was to make the president look good. Blame it on the video and not [the] president's policies," he said."
Read [email protected]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/29/be...
==
I think all the people protecting President Buffoon from his chronic ineptitude should get a big fat bonus when this kangaroo administration finally packs up and leaves. They deserve it. And if Hillary Clinton knew about this farce when she was standing in front of those 4 caskets telling their families they were going to 'get the man who made the video,' it'll take the word disgusting to a whole new level.
I wonder if this will go any further than Fox News. I see nothing anywhere else. If it does I wonder who will fall on their sword.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176929 Apr 30, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if this will go any further than Fox News. I see nothing anywhere else. If it does I wonder who will fall on their sword.
Here's an article from USA Today and a blog from The Washington Post: lol- Big whoop.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

==
Truth is the primary predator of liberalism which is why the mainstream media buries it when it doesn't favor liberalism. That's why true investigative reporting has fallen by the wayside. That's why NEWS isn't NEWS unless the liberals running their stations say so. And it works nicely. The average democrat is like a cow in a herd. They go where they're steered to go.

Remember when that young man went on a stabbing spree a few weeks ago? Little to no coverage from the liberal left. It didn't involve guns and since they're big on gun control, "Move along people, there's no story here."

The "knock-out game" where black youths are randomly targeting whites and Jews to punch in the head and render unconscious. Little to nothing from the left. Why? Blacks aren't the victims, they're the vicious little punk criminals. Can't report that, now can we?

Like hamsters on a wheel.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176930 Apr 30, 2014
APRIL 29, 2014
Maureen Dowd

(Edited for space)

WASHINGTON — Stop whining, Mr. President.

And stop whiffing.

Don’t whinge off the record with columnists and definitely don’t do it at a press conference with another world leader. It is disorienting to everybody, here at home and around the world.

I empathize with you about being thin-skinned. When you hate being criticized, it’s hard to take a giant steaming plate of “you stink” every day, coming from all sides. But you convey the sense that any difference on substance is lèse-majesté.

You simply proclaim what you believe as though you know it to be absolutely true, hoping we recognize the truth of it, and, if we don’t, then we’ve disappointed you again.

Even some of the chatterers who used to be in your corner now make derogatory remarks about your manhood. And that, I know, really gets under your skin because you think they just don’t get your style of coolly keeping your cards to yourself while you play the long game. Besides, how short memories are. You were the Ice Man who ordered up the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

We understand that it’s frustrating. You’re dealing with some really evil guys and some really nutty pols, and the problems roiling the world now are brutally hard. As the Republican strategist Mike Murphy says, it’s not like the campaign because you have “bigger problems than a will.i.am song can fix.”

But that being said, you are the American president. And the American president should not perpetually use the word “eventually.” And he should not set a tone of resignation with references to this being a relay race and say he’s willing to take “a quarter of a loaf or half a loaf,” and muse that things may not come “to full fruition on your timetable.”

An American president should never say, as you did to the New Yorker editor, David Remnick, about presidents through history:“We’re part of a long-running story. We just try to get our paragraph right.”

Mr. President, I am just trying to get my paragraph right. You need to think bigger.

An American president should never say, as you did Monday in Manila when you got frustrated in a press conference with the Philippine president:“You hit singles; you hit doubles. Every once in a while, we may be able to hit a home run.”

Especially now that we have this scary World War III vibe with the Russians, we expect the president, especially one who ran as Babe Ruth, to hit home runs.

It doesn’t feel like leadership. It doesn’t feel like you’re in command of your world. How can we accept these reduced expectations and truculent passivity from the man who offered himself up as the moral beacon of the world, even before he was elected?

The Times’s Mark Landler, who traveled with the president on his Asia trip, reported that Obama will try to regain the offensive, including a graduation address at West Point putting his foreign policy in context.

Mr. President, don’t you know that we’re speeched out? It’s not what we need right now.

Once you liked to have the stage to yourself, Mr. President, to have the aura of the lone man in the arena, not sharing the spotlight with others.
But now when captured alone in a picture, you seem disconnected and adrift.

What happened to crushing it and swinging for the fences? Where have you gone, Babe Ruth?"

==
Good for Maureen Dowd for almost getting it. What still eludes her though, is Barack Obama never was a Babe Ruth. That was an illusion and now, as the smoke and mirrors all but disappear in his 6th year as POTUS, all that's left is one very small man in an arena where he's way out of his league and wearing shoes that are much too big for his feet.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#176932 Apr 30, 2014
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)- A broad-based coalition of millionaires converged on Washington today to defeat a bill that would have increased the minimum wage for American workers to $10.10 an hour.

Leaving behind their mansions and yachts, the millionaires were motivated by what they saw as an existential threat to the country, Mitch McConnell, a spokesman for the millionaires, said.

“This was an extremely diverse coalition,” McConnell said, noting that everyone from the rich to the very rich to the super-rich united to vote down the bill.

McConnell hoped that today’s vote would burnish the millionaires’ reputation as “people who get things done.”

“Folks who have tried to pin a ‘do nothing’ label on us are dead wrong,” he said.“When it comes to stopping workers from being paid more, we spring into action.”

WARNING to those who like country music: This is humor; satire; no different from what we get regularly from Lyndi.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 987,436
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min old_moose 31,639
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min PadMark 687,419
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 31 min Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 36 min Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 1 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,495
More from around the web