Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#176768 Apr 11, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Well. you're all up in Kathleen's...
Palin took the role of Governor just as willingly as Sebelius took on the Directorship of HHS...and dumped it, short of her term (on the pretext of spending more time with her family but also, curiously enough, on the heels of several potential corruption charges.) She then proceeded to make one of the stupidest so-called 'reality' shows in the history of television, and to join the "I hate liberals" political circuit, claiming that President Obama was dividing the country.
But I suppose both women did the best they could with what they had to work with....
PRETEXT....? I had no idea YOU were a member of Palin's inner circle and privy to her
ways & means.

IINM, during her brief tenure as governor, she stood up to the good ole boys in big oil, AND managed to procure royalty payments for all Alaskan citizens in the amount of $1200(?) each.

Those are only a couple of issues I'm familiar with re: Sarah Palin. But I'm quite aware of the Palin bashing dissenters. For those people, you included, I say blow it out yer "back door".

NOw don't bother me anymore, yer incredibly B-O-RRRRRRRR-I-N-G!
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176769 Apr 11, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's lying on national television right now. He's praising the idiot Sebilious, and claiming
7 & a half million people have enrolled in the ACA and now have health insurance, some for the very first time.
People were FORCED to enroll under threat of fines to be collected by the IRS. And NO one
has health insurance until their 1st premium has been paid.
Nothing but political grandstanding ahead of the midterm elections.
Is this where healthcare was called a right again? Blows my mind that these hacks are more than willing to do everything they can to end rights that are clear in the consistitution and make up others as they go. I want the right to a cigarette boat and nothing less than 5 star dining at Ruth's Chris if so. Never been but they tell me its nice.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#176770 Apr 11, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's lying on national television right now. He's praising the idiot Sebilious, and claiming
7 & a half million people have enrolled in the ACA and now have health insurance, some for the very first time.
People were FORCED to enroll under threat of fines to be collected by the IRS. And NO one
has health insurance until their 1st premium has been paid.
Nothing but political grandstanding ahead of the midterm elections.
Think I've heard that this state has the highest numbers of enrolled on Obamacare. They wasted God knows how much money, our money btw, advertising this piece of crap and events and still most will pay the fine for now. It will crash and burn as it takes more good paying jobs too and I'm guessing the next step will be fully socialized medicine. Just think more clones of we know better than you of this hack they just got fired.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176771 Apr 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that. The human brain isn't fully developed and matured until 21 or 22 which is part of the reason so many kids skip over examining the consequences part of their "plan" and stop just short of thinking it through to "how could/will this story end?" When I was 13 or 14 and after a monster blizzard, it seemed like a really good idea to me and a couple friends to use the garage roof to ski off of and try to jump over a car parked in the driveway. My mother made one of her famous intuitive appearances and our "really cool" idea, got vetoed. At 18, I might have wondered on my own; what if one of my friends breaks her neck or lands on the car or lands on the dog or, or, or....
Most kids/teens come up with really stupid plans at some point and don't consider the consequences but kids who go on raging, bloody rampages like that boy? That's a whole different beast & he should have a big red flag attached to him for the rest of his life if he's ever released.
When kids and dogs become violent I tend to blame parents and owners. That may not seem fair and it doesn't mean I exonerate the kids of all blame. I believe kids need to earn trust and you stay on them like a leech if there is any sign of trouble. They will hate you for it but I have to wonder how did it get this far without anyone having a clue. I think they (the parents) had a clue and wished it away.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#176774 Apr 11, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Explain how Palin made the worst of anything? The 'give a reach around across the isle' loser John McCain wasn't even on the map, as far as the poles went until he picked Palin for his VP.
She was a no-name Governor, with a penchant for shooting her mouth off, and she would have been a footnote to the pages of history much sooner, and at best, had she never been picked to 'enliven' the old-tired-white-man.
He lost.
We all did.
That Palin never made VP, was the one good thing which came out of that election.
And what did she do with her new-found fame?
You watch the news - you know the score. If you think she made good on her opportunities, perhaps you can explain why she is still not in public office...or even running?
*shrug*

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#176775 Apr 11, 2014
Good evening everyone, it's been awhile so I just thought I'll look in on what's going on.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176777 Apr 12, 2014
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone, it's been awhile so I just thought I'll look in on what's going on.
Hey bro. Just reading on what the government is doing to a rancher in Nv. It sure seems like some are doing all they can to enflame any bad situation. Hope cooler heads prevail but watching this. It's hard for me to believe this is America. But it is. Hope you are well.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176778 Apr 12, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>So dare I ask, I suppose you think Hillary is still relevant then, even though she was nothing more a failed Secretary of State and a political hack? <¦-o
She has blood on her hands and many people here can't wait for her to be potus. For me when she made fun of people in Memphis, Tn,(mostly blacks) with a really bad fake southern speech that nailed it. Libs pretend to stand up for more and have tolerance and even when its proved its nothing but a bad show many loved to be lied to.

Location hidden

#176779 Apr 12, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>So dare I ask, I suppose you think Hillary is still relevant then, even though she was nothing more a failed Secretary of State and a political hack? <¦-o
God no. I wouldn't vote for Hilary Clinton on my worst day.

I do like Jill Stein, however....
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176780 Apr 12, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>She has blood on her hands and many people here can't wait for her to be potus. For me when she made fun of people in Memphis, Tn,(mostly blacks) with a really bad fake southern speech that nailed it. Libs pretend to stand up for more and have tolerance and even when its proved its nothing but a bad show many loved to be lied to.
Do you mean this?

To be fair, Chris, she wasn't making fun of blacks when she did that. She was quoting the lyrics from a well known gospel song in an effort to bond with her audience and they loved her for it. No harm was intended. Her imitation was cringe-worthy and god awful but that's all there was to it.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176781 Apr 12, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Hey bro. Just reading on what the government is doing to a rancher in Nv. It sure seems like some are doing all they can to enflame any bad situation. Hope cooler heads prevail but watching this. It's hard for me to believe this is America. But it is. Hope you are well.
Tiananmen Square goes cowboy.

I liked this guy's sign. http://trendypie.com/well-be-here-until-the-c...
lol
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#176782 Apr 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YaDQ1vIuvZIXX
To be fair, Chris, she wasn't making fun of blacks when she did that. She was quoting the lyrics from a well known gospel song in an effort to bond with her audience and they loved her for it. No harm was intended. Her imitation was cringe-worthy and god awful but that's all there was to it.
I can't speak to what her intent was and I have no doubt those in her choir did love it. Having said that I too have lived most my life in the south and find it nothing less than mocking people, mostly blacks and some whites that stood with them in hard times for her own gain. She is a hack.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#176783 Apr 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiananmen Square goes cowboy.
I liked this guy's sign. http://trendypie.com/well-be-here-until-the-c...
lol
A Clarke county commissioner said for protestors to make funeral plans. Guessing he is an intolerant lib that hates the rights for a free people. This is not the nation I was born in 40 years ago at Tripler Army.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176784 Apr 12, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak to what her intent was and I have no doubt those in her choir did love it. Having said that I too have lived most my life in the south and find it nothing less than mocking people, mostly blacks and some whites that stood with them in hard times for her own gain. She is a hack.
You spoke to her intent when you wrote, "For me when she made fun of people in Memphis, Tn,(mostly blacks)....."

She wasn't making fun of blacks and stating she was, is untrue and unnecessarily combative. That was her version of, "I feel your pain" and she was playing to her audience. She's not stupid, Chris. You don't make fun of a large portion of the population, when you want to lock in their support. Besides, there's boatloads of factual, documented negative stuff on Hillary Clinton that goes back decades. Making things up just because you can't stand her, isn't warranted. That's the kind of tactic liberals pull.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176785 Apr 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You spoke to her intent when you wrote, "For me when she made fun of people in Memphis, Tn,(mostly blacks)....."
She wasn't making fun of blacks and stating she was, is untrue and unnecessarily combative. That was her version of, "I feel your pain" and she was playing to her audience. She's not stupid, Chris. You don't make fun of a large portion of the population, when you want to lock in their support. Besides, there's boatloads of factual, documented negative stuff on Hillary Clinton that goes back decades. Making things up just because you can't stand her, isn't warranted. That's the kind of tactic liberals pull.
Yeah where do we start with Miss Hillary. It amazes me that this all means that much to her. To me at her age I would bow out with dignity, but I think her plan has always been to be president and by God she is going to try to do it to her last breath and no matter what she needs to do to get it. I'd be that way about some things but not about being president.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#176786 Apr 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
A hypothetical letter to the president.
Dear Mr. Obama:
I'm planning to move my family and entire extended family of 37 into Mexico and I would like to ask you to assist me.
We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.
We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.
I'm sure they handle those things the same way we do here. So, would you mind telling your friend, The President of Mexico, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
1. Free medical care for my entire family. Forever.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need.
3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.
4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.
5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.
7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easier access to government services.
9. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.
10. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U.S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
11. I would also like to have a job without paying taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.
12. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy. We're sensitive.
13. I want to receive free food stamps.
14. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.
15. I'll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.
16. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government contributes $$$'s to help me buy a car.
17. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.
I know this is an easy request because we already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico . I am sure that the President of Mexico won't mind returning the favor, if you ask him nicely.
Thank you!
OK....

Location hidden

#176787 Apr 12, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah where do we start with Miss Hillary. It amazes me that this all means that much to her. To me at her age I would bow out with dignity, but I think her plan has always been to be president and by God she is going to try to do it to her last breath and no matter what she needs to do to get it. I'd be that way about some things but not about being president.
One has to aspire to the Presidency to get there.
Her 'some things' are just different from ours.

Still not voting for her, though.

:)

Location hidden

#176789 Apr 12, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>There might be hope for you yet.
Often abrasive - hardly irredeemable....

:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#176790 Apr 12, 2014
Geronimo111 wrote:
<quoted text> OK....
Brilliant reply Gerry! That's keepin' it pithy.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176791 Apr 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
We can agree to disagree. Perhaps its my own bias but when we were transferred from Mobile, Al to Washington I had a strong southern accent (I no longer do) I was mocked even by a teacher. Moving on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 650,087
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Buck Crick 56,019
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Steve III 44,945
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min trifecta1 971,740
I LOVE "Swing out Sister" lead singer Corinne D... 54 min Doctor REALTY 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,310
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Just Think 435
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web