Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176551 Apr 4, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think the definition of rant fits your post perfectly, so there is no reason for me to apologize.
You think nearly any post I write which has some length and passion to it and doesn't happen to align with your political philosophies, a "rant." It must be sheer coincidence that you never anoint with a somewhat offensive one word adjective, any of Hips posts. You know the ones. The predictable pork filled, painfully long (so could you please just shoot me instead of making me read this disjointed mess?) off topic and ever snide replies to nearly anyone who opposes Obama or Obama's "platform?" I'd ask you why that is but I don't want to illuminate your obvious bias any more than I just did. Oopsie!

In lieu of spending 3 days dissecting the word >rant< and examining it under a microscope, how about skipping the one word labels and addressing the content instead? Unlike YOU, I won't insult your efforts by giving your post a NAME.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176552 Apr 4, 2014
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyndi, friend, it was worth coming back just so I could read this :)
Hi Roberta! So glad you're back!!! Everybody missed you!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#176553 Apr 4, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Back at you my friend!
YouTube m.youtube.com/watch...
Mockin' me now?? <<<<Strike Two>>>>
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176554 Apr 4, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh LYNdi. Yer stalker's at the door again.
Ya want me to toss this jar of chicken poop in his face, or call the police?
I swear, some clueless trolls just can't take a hint.
Unbelievable.

I don't know what to suggest. He's like.......... mold.

See if he'll take some free Obamacare as a parting gift. Tell him he can keep his doctor.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#176555 Apr 4, 2014
Well now let's have a look at this, shall we.

Here's an excerpt of your msg #176525 some 13 hrs ago.
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
If it worth the time, we could stroll back a few thousand pages, and find your counterparts declaring that we've talked about HC reform waaay too much, that (fill-in-the-blank) was waaay more important.
To which you, in your quest for a gotcha moment, then machete'd your way back to 2010 to produce this:
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>c.March 2010
bad bob wrote: "Doesn't it strike you that this admin pushed fwd with a bill that the majority of the folks was against from the beginning? Or that the admin focused on the #3 priority, when the majority wanted the first 2, at least under control b4 worrying about HC?"
Ds Higgins1 wrote: "Exactly right, BB."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
For someone like you, a needlenose for facts and truth, this "round" is not even a subtle
similarity. Would ya like to put the sledgehammer (and the machete) down and give it another go? Or do ya need me to s'plain it to ya, Lucy?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176556 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>

{Deleted self righteous pork}
<quoted text>Oh, yer right. What else have they got? Certainly nothing in the way of accomplishments or proposed alternatives. Of course they will. What else have they invested so much misinformation into? Benghazi is a distant second, hafta keep those dead bodies on ice a couple more years.
What have they got?

"They" have, Hip, is not just a small sampling of Obama's failures to run on with their opposing ideas and propositions, alternatives and proof. They have an all you can eat liberal buffet of blunders. They have access to a liberal/progressive buffet as far as the eye can see which includes foreign policy calamities in Iran, Libya, Egypt, Russia, Syria, Yemen..... too many places and too many failures to list. They have this welfare presidents list of bloated entitlements programs which is an indicator of the raised the poverty levels in this country that have grown in leaps and bounds under this "tremendously gifted man." They have his jaundiced economy, his job creating performance, the NSA problems, the IRS problems, EPA problems, the Snowden problem, the hike in gas prices, food prices, electric prices, taxes, drone dispute, failed gun legislation, failed immigration legislation.

The debacle known as Obamacare? You silly, silly man. That's what we're having for dessert!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#176557 Apr 4, 2014
chaser wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the poor sport?
Hey-uh "sport", Lyndi doesn't live here anymore. Moved to Hawaii to be closer to her
favorite ski area, Mount Kilauea.

If you'd like to "chase her", just have one of the local helo-tours drop ya off at the top. You should be able to surprise her with a nice warm welcome. <Aloha> Bub-bye now.

Worthless freakin' troll!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176558 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Aw. lisw, how many times do we have to dance this dance?
Yes, he certainly can speak for himself. Both of them can.
c.March 2010
bad bob wrote: "Doesn't it strike you that this admin pushed fwd with a bill that the majority of the folks was against from the beginning? Or that the admin focused on the #3 priority, when the majority wanted the first 2, at least under control b4 worrying about HC?"
Ds Higgins1 wrote: "Exactly right, BB."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
All you had to do was go back to the time frame in which the bill was passed. This is just a representative excerpt of their protestations, altho' it was more of an ongoing theme for CAbob than Higgins. I wonder, did you really think you were right, or did you just figure it was buried far enough back in time you could dispute it AND turn it around without anyone calling your bluff?
One might think by now you'd give others credit for a reasonably good memory.
Now where did I put those glasses....?
<quoted text>Actually current stats don't back you up on that, so you must still be operating on a favorable selection from the bevy of predictions floating out there. In fact, healthcare expenditures are down at this point in time, and the debt is steadily receding as well. That's using actual numbers, tho', which aren't available on Faux Noize. So "proven" would be a bit of a reach, wouldn't it?
I'll add that that reduction in HC exp may have as much to do with the overall economic picture as anything so projections at this time are all still unproven.
You said they said there were more important things to talk about, indicating to Lyndi that she should not be wanting to talk about it, being that you see her in alliance with the "dark" side. Hip you twist things around so much to try to appear like you are telling the truth. I think you'd make a pretty good criminal if you bent that way, but thankfully you don't. What's amusing is the lengths you go to try to prove yourself right and you do anything but.
Where on God's green earth are you seeing the debt trending downward. This should be good.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#176559 Apr 4, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How do you get 'conspiracy minded' from Hip's post?
I was in an expansive mood. The bottom line is what thread I posted my statement is does not disprove the truth of the statement itself.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#176560 Apr 4, 2014
bad bob wrote:
Well now let's have a look at this, shall we.
Here's an excerpt of your msg #176525 some 13 hrs ago.
<quoted text>
To which you, in your quest for a gotcha moment, then machete'd your way back to 2010 to produce this:
<quoted text>
For someone like you, a needlenose for facts and truth, this "round" is not even a subtle
similarity. Would ya like to put the sledgehammer (and the machete) down and give it another go? Or do ya need me to s'plain it to ya, Lucy?
Yeah, I'm afraid you will Rickey. I said you complained that HC reform was pushed far too much, when other things shb of a higher priority. I easily found a short one of yours that backs that up. You know as well as I do that it was merely a representative selection from the period, and that you went into much greater length about it in other posts of the time. It was quite the theme for you, in fact.

True, or not true?

Of course it's true.

So, Lyndi says the debate is not over. I merely recollected that others in her camp, namely you and Higgins, said we already debated it way too much.

There was no "gotcha" intended, You both have a right to your separate opinion, even tho' they be at odds with each other. My point was, and is, rather than have a consistent stance, or arguing with each other about it, instead the aggregate Right even exploits their two-mindedness by playing Damn if ya do/Damn if ya don't at the President for 5 years now and counting.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#176561 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>

So, Lyndi says the debate is not over. I merely recollected that others in her camp, namely you and Higgins, said we already debated it way too much.
There was no "gotcha" intended, You both have a right to your separate opinion, even tho' they be at odds with each other. My point was, and is, rather than have a consistent stance, or arguing with each other about it, instead the aggregate Right even exploits their two-mindedness by playing Damn if ya do/Damn if ya don't at the President for 5 years now and counting.
Does it not occur to you that back when Higgins was posting, the ACA had not yet been rolled out yet and speculation on how it would play out may have hit a conversational dead end for obvious reasons?

I can understand why people would opt to stop talking about what hadn't occurred yet. Back then, if you recall, everyone could keep their existing insurance, new insurance premiums were going to save the average family $2500.00 a year, everybody could keep their doctors and hospitals and as a bonus, everybody was given directions to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow too. That turned out to be a truckload full of buffalo doo-doo, Obama has tweaked this law repeatedly and often surreptitiously how many times to prevent people from finding out how truly hideous the thing is? And to protect which party from being voted out of office because of it?

. I get why you and Obama etc. would like the volume turned off on OBAMACARE but that's just too bad. Sometimes when you force things down people throats without one vote from the other side of the aisle, you can pretty much plan on people throwing it back up.
Maybe you should try ducking or hey, I know. READ THE THING next time before you pass it!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#176562 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm afraid you will Rickey. I said you complained that HC reform was pushed far too much, when other things shb of a higher priority. I easily found a short one of yours that backs that up. You know as well as I do that it was merely a representative selection from the period, and that you went into much greater length about it in other posts of the time. It was quite the theme for you, in fact.
Oh? So it was "merely a representative selection from the period". If that's the case why didn't you SELECT a better "representative" closer to the current discussion?

Especially in light of your declaration that I "went into much greater length about it in other posts of the time".

"You know as well as I do that" what we're looking for is the match between what I said
regarding Obama's priority in ramrodding the ACA bill thru, over the REAL priorities back then, and the current discussion of how Obamacare's been hashed and rehashed in here and how there are many other important issues to dissect.

Now since you've already been to the overgrowth site, why don't you sharpen the ol'
blade and go copy/paste a more pertinent quote? Shouldn't take too long if it was "quite the
theme for me".

Location hidden

#176563 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm afraid you will Rickey. I said you complained that HC reform was pushed far too much, when other things shb of a higher priority. I easily found a short one of yours that backs that up. You know as well as I do that it was merely a representative selection from the period, and that you went into much greater length about it in other posts of the time. It was quite the theme for you, in fact.
True, or not true?
Of course it's true.
The post you brought up does not say it's been debated too much it says Obama should have concentrated on other direr issues. Go back and try again.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#176564 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like the Dems and their 2 mindedness?

They voted for the law and now those up for reelection can't get far enough away from it or the Prezz..........

Location hidden

#176565 Apr 4, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
They voted for the law and now those up for reelection can't get far enough away from it or the Prezz..........
I do see Hip's point here. it's hard to decide which is worse, what Obama DOES and what he DOESN'T do.

“The future begins”

every moment

#176566 Apr 4, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>I get why you and Obama etc. would like the volume turned off on OBAMACARE but that's just too bad. Sometimes when you force things down people throats without one vote from the other side of the aisle, you can pretty much plan on people throwing it back up.
Maybe you should try ducking or hey, I know. READ THE THING next time before you pass it!
Au contraire, mon frere, we should certainly keep talking about it. Stay tuned for another episode of As The Pendulum Swings, in which the American public outside the right-wing bizarro world finally get to see the monster they'd been hearing so much about and lo! It ain't so scary after all. Silly Republicans!

My favorite was Ted Cruz's informal Facebook poll. Don't suppose he'll be conducting another of those anytime soon, do you? Silly Ted!

What's worse, or better, depending on ideological bent, are the trends, my dear, the trends! A majority of Americans >don't< want it repealed, they just want it tweaked. Silly Americans!

Which is exactly what supporters have been trying to do. And exactly what opponents have been trying to obstruct. All in plain sight. We'll see what folks think about that spectacle, won't we?

The GOP will pick up some seats in the mid-terms. The simple political geography of open seats makes that a child's prediction, plus the historical mid-term swing. But, when the campaigns move out of the atta-boy echo-chambers and out into Swing-Vote Land, will the word "repeal" be a part of the campaign rhetoric?

We'll have to tune in and see.....

“The future begins”

every moment

#176567 Apr 4, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
>grin here<

I wonder if you realize that when the upchuck response is, "They do it too," it's basically a fallback defense confirming my point as undeniable? Thanks. Appreciate your candor.

The other guys can't seem to bring themselves to it....

#176568 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>>grin here<
I wonder if you realize that when the upchuck response is, "They do it too," it's basically a fallback defense confirming my point as undeniable? Thanks. Appreciate your candor.
The other guys can't seem to bring themselves to it....
In case you haven't noticed through your partisan glasses, I've been pretty upfront with my disgust of both sides all along. I didn't mention it but was going to. Polls show a majority of Americans are against the ACA. Thats why R's bring it up to repeal it. They know they can't, they dont have the numbers. It's purely political. I think thats obvious. The ACA is here to stay, but both sides will use it to their advantage whenever they can.

And just to clear things up for you, I only mention it because you do it ALL THE TIME. You act as if the R's are the guilty party and the dems can do no wrong. I know thats why I don't take anything you say on politics seriously and I doubt others do either.

#176569 Apr 4, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I do see Hip's point here. it's hard to decide which is worse, what Obama DOES and what he DOESN'T do.
Yup, Its a hard job to defend this admin but someones gotta do it. Looks like HIPs in it for the long haul come hell or high water..........

“The future begins”

every moment

#176570 Apr 4, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
What have they got?

"They" have, Hip, is not just a small sampling of Obama's failures to run on .......

(litany of right-wing existential angst here, and here, and here.....nothing new)

The debacle known as Obamacare? You silly, silly man. That's what we're having for dessert!
LROL! That's what they have to "run on", you say? Has the process gotten that throughly bass-ackward? A candidate has to do nothing but "run on" the other guys? I hope you're wrong. I think you're wrong, But you may be right too. There may be enough people out there who don't give a damn what a candidate has in their own head and heart, and are completely swayed by the vacuum of pure negativity. We might finally be there. 2012 didn't look like it, but yes, these are mid-terms, a different critter altogether.

Uh, like I said, "What else have THEY got? Certainly nothing in the way of accomplishments or proposed alternatives."

Attack will getcha a good ways, that's for sure. At some point, you flail far enough out there, you gotta represent. Hint: I'm pretty sure the Big MOR voter's got a suspicion how we got to 2008, and they ain't itchin' to go back there. And a clue: IF the GOP shows they've learned a lesson or two, they just might get some swing votes from folks YOU'VE branded and boxed away as yellow-dog Democrat. Get your head out of the muck-rake, Lyndi. Breathe, girl, breathe.

What do you think's going to happen? The GOP would have to be filmed torturing puppies en masse to NOT pick up some seats. What then, Lyndi?

We've seen enough of the minority do-nothing obstructionist farce. I, for one, think the GOP picking up a majority might be a very interesting scenario. Ver-r-ry interesting.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min I Am No One_ 444,286
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Robert F 596,137
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min The_Box 883
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min ChristineM 854,543
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 37 min Knock off purse s... 6,130
___Warnings Issued for July 4th Holiday 42 min Rumorz 1
___FEDs Funding ISIS w Your Taxes! 44 min Rumorz 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web