Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#176590 Apr 4, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You had 2 links yesterday that didn't work, and I didn't see a replacement. <strike 1>
Then I figured you were mocking my vintage Steppenwolf by posting a 3-dog-night snoozer.
<strike 2>
Course it's all subjective opinion. My apologies if you posted that 3-dog in good faith. It just didn't seem to match up with a Wishbone Ash (IMO).
I've been looking for songs featuring extraordinary musicians on their instruments, whether it's guitar, drums, horns, etc., OR a band with unique stage presence such as the Stones,
Pink Floyd, OR a band that plays TIGHT together with nearly unnoticeable cues from the leader, such as Steely Dan, Boz Skaggs, Chicago, or Doobie Bros.
If you watch Steely Dan for example, all it takes is a glance or a slight head nod from Fagen to cue thru the various breaks & changes, plus the ending. For a group that size (10-11) it's
an accomplishment achieved only by long hours of practice and/or natural ability.
Anyway that's what I thought you were looking for as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176591 Apr 4, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You had 2 links yesterday that didn't work, and I didn't see a replacement. <strike 1>
Then I figured you were mocking my vintage Steppenwolf by posting a 3-dog-night snoozer.
<strike 2>
Course it's all subjective opinion. My apologies if you posted that 3-dog in good faith. It just didn't seem to match up with a Wishbone Ash (IMO).
I've been looking for songs featuring extraordinary musicians on their instruments, whether it's guitar, drums, horns, etc., OR a band with unique stage presence such as the Stones,
Pink Floyd, OR a band that plays TIGHT together with nearly unnoticeable cues from the leader, such as Steely Dan, Boz Skaggs, Chicago, or Doobie Bros.
If you watch Steely Dan for example, all it takes is a glance or a slight head nod from Fagen to cue thru the various breaks & changes, plus the ending. For a group that size (10-11) it's
an accomplishment achieved only by long hours of practice and/or natural ability.
Anyway that's what I thought you were looking for as well.

Made you want to drive fast.

Location hidden

#176593 Apr 4, 2014

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176594 Apr 4, 2014
First link should have been

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176595 Apr 4, 2014
lisw wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EEzyrpfrPEIXX
see if this works
That' a good'un ...

:)

Location hidden

#176597 Apr 4, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
First link should have been
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rDEiLImUUM8XX
Yeah and https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#176598 Apr 4, 2014
In '73, Lou Reed went out on the road with a tight backup band hi-lited with two of the era's best session guitars - Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter. For my money, live dual guitar interplay doesn't get any better than this....

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176599 Apr 4, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
In '73, Lou Reed went out on the road with a tight backup band hi-lited with two of the era's best session guitars - Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter. For my money, live dual guitar interplay doesn't get any better than this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7FdWPeHFAMkXX
There's another one I hadn't heard in years ...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176600 Apr 4, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>The first one is pretty good, but as for the second one, I've never really been much of a Springsteen fan.
I was actually a fan before Born to Run, which was his 3rd album.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176601 Apr 4, 2014

“The future begins”

every moment

#176603 Apr 4, 2014
Great stuff ya'lls, late in the night where we won't be botherin' nobody. Long ways from the days when the JBLs at this same time of night sure as heck did seem to bother the neighbors, hmm?

Here's a Boz Scaggs number, well back In the day before his Mr. Suave incarnation. You might have heard of his hired guitar picker.

“The future begins”

every moment

#176604 Apr 4, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I was actually a fan before Born to Run, which was his 3rd album.
Turns out I was too and didn't know it. ;)

Before he hit it big with BTR, he was getting covered by a bunch of bands - I first heard his lyrics thru Manfred Mann Earth Band covers. Hooked onto BTR, and then I'm like, "Oh, this guy wrote that stuff too? Al-right...."

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176605 Apr 5, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gp5JCrSXkJYXX
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong ... was that written with the discussion of the ACA in mind?

Warning - not 2014 PC

(Still wanna get me that hat)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#176607 Apr 5, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You guys need to stop that. I understand the concept of standing on principle and refusing to vote for someone you are not totally on board with. But sometimes you have to play the hand you're dealt.. If you fold the other person always wins. Romney go beat (and McCain) because he was not exciting enough. Well with Obama I've had about all the excitement I can stand. So darn it I don't care who it is, if it's not Hillary, you vote for them. I mean it.
I was just havin fun. In that scenario I probably would vote for jeb. I have little or no problem with either of the Bush's Presidency's, although I was paying less attention during seniors term.

I have been known to vote 3'rd party also. The joke of my statement (at least to me) is I am pretty sure most of America has had enough of the Clintons and Bush's for a lifetime.

#176608 Apr 5, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Right on. You know, that's what I've been saying as well - I vote for a platform and a direction, not a personality. But no matter how many times you say it, and how many times you openly admit to disappointments, they doggedly ignore it and come right back with some variant of, "Yup, Its a hard job to defend this admin but someones gotta do it. Looks like HIPs in it for the long haul come hell or high water". You're right - you play the hand you're dealt. There's few more obnoxious than the dolts who bitch themselves red, white, and blue in the face, and then close with, "That's why I don't vote."
Now thats funny, because anybody can go back on this thread and see for about the first year, if not 2, on this thread you were calling yourself a conservative, while the rest of us were shaking our heads like WTF is he talking about.

Oh yea, I've seen you throw a bone every once in awhile, but its just a token point so you can throw out posts like this once in awhile. You know what else I've seen? Bush could do nothing right while Obama can do nothing wrong. And I've seen it consistently and thats why I give you no consideration on your political stances. Your Partisan. Plain and simple.

#176609 Apr 5, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. This is a buyers market for sure. And since we dont have a state income tax even better. I think I'm just blowing off steam as the right to vote is too expensive for me not to use it.
I never considered for a second that you really wouldn't use your voice and vote. Everybody gets frustrated with things now and then.

Location hidden

#176610 Apr 5, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's right if everybody's wrong ... was that written with the discussion of the ACA in mind?
Warning - not 2014 PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oa_HgMg76HAXX
(Still wanna get me that hat)
Yep it still speaks to me. When I think about the ACA it seems to me that everybody is wrong because they're talking about the wrong thing. The bottom line is that as Lyndi says the pres is doing a happy dance over the 7million. It doesn't matter how they got that number what matters is that the original goal to insure the uninsured (40 million) has been lost. It take time you say? Well if they have to keep spending to nudge people to sign up time is tons of money.The money already spent could probably have insured them all.

Fat people haven't quite become a protected group. I doubt that if Chris Christie becomes president that they will call people fat bigots if they don't like him or if he loses weight that they'll say he's only half fat. But we'll see.

#176611 Apr 5, 2014
Hmmm. I've got about anhours worth of music to listen to now................

Location hidden

#176612 Apr 5, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just havin fun. In that scenario I probably would vote for jeb. I have little or no problem with either of the Bush's Presidency's, although I was paying less attention during seniors term.
I have been known to vote 3'rd party also. The joke of my statement (at least to me) is I am pretty sure most of America has had enough of the Clintons and Bush's for a lifetime.
Yeah and I wasn't under any illusion that I could make you do anything by being stern. I used to use that tone with my kids and they probably waited until my back was turned to guffaw.
You might be surprised at what people never have enough of. Seeing the people in congress they keep voting for over and over again, I'm convinced they go for the familiar name.

Location hidden

#176613 Apr 5, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Hmmm. I've got about anhours worth of music to listen to now..........
It's addictive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min nanoanomaly 123,465
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min RiccardoFire 7,299
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 25 min Brice N Livingston 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Michael Trump 681,777
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min Tony 6,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,236
Looking for someone GOOD to take my online clas... (Sep '13) 1 hr Cordelia Walvis 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web