Bush is a hero
Hillie Billie Boganed

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#176414 Mar 27, 2014
An dullard NFL IDIT Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I AM a Somalian /communist!
I knew you'd just spam the place and run away, Somali coward.

Hey how come we'd know that in advance.
Hillie Billie Boganed

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#176415 Mar 27, 2014
-USAs-1st human weather vane wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am CHOCOLATE FACE! I put the Somali in Somalian, dumb khat chewing pirate that I am. <¦-o
How nice of you to at last reveal your background, Granny.
Hillie Billie Boganed

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#176416 Mar 27, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I AM a Somalian /communist!
One for World humanity!
We know You know absolutely nothing of history, illiterate foreign fool, so don't even try to convince me you're anything more than an illegal alien who sucks his living from the government.

You will be reported to Homeland Security, CHOCOLATE FACE.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176417 Mar 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you so very clever ...
No I'm just not a glutton for punishment.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#176418 Mar 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm just not a glutton for punishment.
Neither am I, but I keep showing up here for some reason.

If I actually said you weren't informed about current events first, I was wrong and I apologize. I have to admit that the energy/creature comfort thing struck me as unrealistic, and the difference in the way Obama is allegedly handling this compared to his predecessors doesn't seem to exist.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176419 Mar 27, 2014
Wow , here some news off the Chart! Why our US media does not report this, make u wonder?

Hollywood Star Steven Seagal defends Putin in Crimea Action

Steven Seagal has called the actions of Russian President Vladimir Putin in Crimea "very reasonable".

In an interview with a state-run newspaper the action star said the politician is "one of the great living world leaders" and that he "would like to consider him as a brother".

Seagal, who is thought to be an acquaintance of the politician due to their shared passion for martial arts, also criticised America's "idiotic" foreign policy on Ukraine.

President Barack Obama has labelled Russia a "regional power" that is threatening its neighbours out of weakness, not strength.

Seagal told the Rossiskaya Gazeta Mr Putin's "desire to protect the Russian-speaking people of Crimea, his assets, and the Russian Black Sea military base in Sevastopol … is very reasonable".

It is not the first time the Under Siege star, who is currently filming a movie in Romania, has weighed into the debate over the Ukraine crisis.

Last month he appeared on Russia Today as an "expert" panellist.

Russian forces have gradually seized control of Crimea since voters agreed to join the Russian Federation in a swiftly arranged referendum following Ukrainian president Victor Yanukovych's removal.

In March 2013 Seagal, 61, and Mr Putin appeared together at an event aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles among young people.

In what seemed to be a choreographed incident, Seagal rushed into a crowd of children trying to pose with Putin and pulled him out, as if acting as his bodyguard.

The star's action films are popular in Russia and he has met the president several times.

http://www.key103.co.uk/news/entertainment/20...

United States

#176420 Mar 27, 2014
ADD!!~ See a Photoshoot of happy Putin with Action Hollywood star Steven Seagal See above for link.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176421 Mar 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Neither am I, but I keep showing up here for some reason.
If I actually said you weren't informed about current events first, I was wrong and I apologize. I have to admit that the energy/creature comfort thing struck me as unrealistic, and the difference in the way Obama is allegedly handling this compared to his predecessors doesn't seem to exist.
Yeah me too.
The energy/creature comfort may have sounded Marie Antoinette, but the truth is that Europe has done exactly what we are doing. Depending on one country/region for its energy source. it's why I say this didn't happen overnight, for years they have been putting power into Russia's hands. And then Obama blocks one of the things that might get us out of this situation in our country (the keystone pipeline), make us strong financially and better able to come to the aid of other areas without it being military. So I believe that Obama painted us into a corner.
Then about the lightbulbs. I've not got any great fear of mercury but I am ticked off that in 2009 (excuse me if my dates are off) he gives a big chunk of money to a company in North Carolina to produce the new bulbs, says "woo-hoo see what I did" and then all that manufacturing goes to China. Don't tell me money and political clout did not play into that. Then all incandescent manufacturing is sent to Mexico, but we're not going to be able to buy incandescent . Wait, right now congress is blocking that.
Don't you ever say to yourself "what the heck is going on?"
btw-apology accepted

United States

#176422 Mar 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah me too.
The energy/creature comfort may have sounded Marie Antoinette, but the truth is that Europe has done exactly what we are doing. Depending on one country/region for its energy source. it's why I say this didn't happen overnight, for years they have been putting power into Russia's hands. And then Obama blocks one of the things that might get us out of this situation in our country (the keystone pipeline), make us strong financially and better able to come to the aid of other areas without it being military. So I believe that Obama painted us into a corner.
Then about the lightbulbs. I've not got any great fear of mercury but I am ticked off that in 2009 (excuse me if my dates are off) he gives a big chunk of money to a company in North Carolina to produce the new bulbs, says "woo-hoo see what I did" and then all that manufacturing goes to China. Don't tell me money and political clout did not play into that. Then all incandescent manufacturing is sent to Mexico, but we're not going to be able to buy incandescent . Wait, right now congress is blocking that.
btw-apology accepted
Don't be such crybaby, that China spend almost trillion USD on our US TB bills bailing out US , so can fix our DecrePIT infactures ! But know now the world is SICK in helping our US after spend all money unwisely On Wars ... you did notthing by sitting back help corrupted US Oligarchy , they even send most of your jobs overseas, so you can get mad with other nations, you did it to yourselves! pity the fools! I have none for fools who supported US corrupted in power ! So? Paradoxically ironic to say the least ! To cry or laugh? u know me!
MWBahahahahaaa

United States

#176423 Mar 27, 2014
S/h/b Infrastructure not infacture

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#176424 Mar 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah me too.
btw-apology accepted
"Make us strong financially..."?

If after it's built, there are any jobs for Americans related to the KXL, they will be either service jobs catering to the CANADIANS manning the stations... jobs which pay minimum wage... or cleaning up oil spills. Hazard pay can be pretty high - the more spills the better, for those folks doing the clean-up, I guess.....most of them will be Americans. Was that what you think will make us 'strong financially'?

If after it's built it ruptures anywhere down the line, America will be responsible for clean-up. But we won't realize the profit from the KXL, because that's going to Canada. And we won't be able to make use of the oil from the KXL - that will be China. I suppose we could buy it from them....was THAT what you think will make us 'strong financially'?

Or were you just referring to the three years' worth of construction jobs, which will pay great - in exchange for exposing our environment to the risks of spills, featuring the dirtiest oil on the planet, and our major aquifers, until the end of time? Sounds like the short end of the stick, to me.

How exactly does three years worth of decent wages, for about 20,000 people out of 250 million, make us 'stronger financially'?

KXL is a pig in a poke, and you've bought it tusks to toenails.
Congrats.

United States

#176425 Mar 27, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>"Make us strong financially..."?
If after it's built, there are any jobs for Americans related to the KXL, they will be either service jobs catering to the CANADIANS manning the stations... jobs which pay minimum wage... or cleaning up oil spills. Hazard pay can be pretty high - the more spills the better, for those folks doing the clean-up, I guess.....most of them will be Americans. Was that what you think will make us 'strong financially'?
If after it's built it ruptures anywhere down the line, America will be responsible for clean-up. But we won't realize the profit from the KXL, because that's going to Canada. And we won't be able to make use of the oil from the KXL - that will be China. I suppose we could buy it from them....was THAT what you think will make us 'strong financially'?
Or were you just referring to the three years' worth of construction jobs, which will pay great - in exchange for exposing our environment to the risks of spills, featuring the dirtiest oil on the planet, and our major aquifers, until the end of time? Sounds like the short end of the stick, to me.
How exactly does three years worth of decent wages, for about 20,000 people out of 250 million, make us 'stronger financially'?
KXL is a pig in a poke, and you've bought it tusks to toenails.
Congrats.
She and many should also ask :Who pays for the toxic Cleanup ? our US taxpayers. BP oil still owes alot of money and having not pay back in full and toxic oil sludge polluted ocean, an chemical cleaners to clean poisoned our oceans ... Stock owners makes dirty bloody profits and taxpayers and small businesses like Mom /pop pays for it after losing alot of business , closed down because alone sea shores... Thre you go! BAhahahaaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#176426 Mar 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>
btw-apology accepted
The company in North Carolina is Cree Manufacturing, and it doesn't produce CFL lighting. They make LED lighting in North Carolina (still) and in their Asian subsidiaries.

In looking for the name of the company, btw, I ran across a site that talked about the company in the context of "Obama-bad". They had a picture of a commercial/specialty use light bulb that ran $127, claiming that "Obama" wanted consumers to pay that much for a 100 watt bulb. An LED equivalent to a 100w bulb is expensive, but a general use consumer bulb for regular use still only costs about 1/6 that.

As far as asking myself what's going on, well, I've been asking myself 'what's going on' with manufacturing going overseas for thirty years or more. I know it was before Ross Perot talked about the sucking sound of our jobs going overseas, or Bruce Springsteen sang "Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back...". It directly affected any number of people I grew up with.

You HAVE to take that background into consideration when you talk about jobs going overseas if you want a realistic picture, or proper context, or whatever you want to call it. It would look suspicious if light bulb manufacturing was the only kind of jobs going overseas, but it looks a lot more like business as usual in the context of all the other jobs they're following.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#176427 Mar 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>
The energy/creature comfort may have sounded Marie Antoinette, but the truth is that Europe has done exactly what we are doing. Depending on one country/region for its energy source. it's why I say this didn't happen overnight, for years they have been putting power into Russia's hands.
The truth is, uh, no they have not "done exactly what we are doing". They are decades ahead of us in energy independence due to subsidized investment in renewables and nuclear. They have been planning ahead. Their oil consumption is on a decline, even more so when figured on a per capita basis.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>And then Obama blocks one of the things that might get us out of this situation in our country (the keystone pipeline), make us strong financially and better able to come to the aid of other areas without it being military. So I believe that Obama painted us into a corner.
Right after you object to feeling characterized as "uninformed", you follow-up with the same old misinformation about the Keystone pipeline. I asked before, I'll ask again, why do you write as if it is our oil?

It won't even be our pipeline.

The only thing we're guaranteed is a very few short-term construction jobs, and any oil that drips out of the pipeline. That'll be all ours, unless we manage to contain it and there's enough to litigate over.

Don't get me wrong - it'll get built, We all know that. You want to talk about gov't policy influenced by CFLs? They are all Little League compared to the petrochemical industry. I missed that part in your editorial. But it'll get built.

I just don't understand this dogged adherence to the misinformation around it.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176428 Mar 27, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be such crybaby, that China spend almost trillion USD on our US TB bills bailing out US , so can fix our DecrePIT infactures ! But know now the world is SICK in helping our US after spend all money unwisely On Wars ... you did notthing by sitting back help corrupted US Oligarchy , they even send most of your jobs overseas, so you can get mad with other nations, you did it to yourselves! pity the fools! I have none for fools who supported US corrupted in power ! So? Paradoxically ironic to say the least ! To cry or laugh? u know me!
MWBahahahahaaa
Add! And number of Nation helped our US in time of crisis those Singapor, carribean banking nations, Hong kong...
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176429 Mar 27, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, uh, no they have not "done exactly what we are doing". They are decades ahead of us in energy independence due to subsidized investment in renewables and nuclear. They have been planning ahead. Their oil consumption is on a decline, even more so when figured on a per capita basis.
<quoted text>Right after you object to feeling characterized as "uninformed", you follow-up with the same old misinformation about the Keystone pipeline. I asked before, I'll ask again, why do you write as if it is our oil?
It won't even be our pipeline.
The only thing we're guaranteed is a very few short-term construction jobs, and any oil that drips out of the pipeline. That'll be all ours, unless we manage to contain it and there's enough to litigate over.
Don't get me wrong - it'll get built, We all know that. You want to talk about gov't policy influenced by CFLs? They are all Little League compared to the petrochemical industry. I missed that part in your editorial. But it'll get built.
I just don't understand this dogged adherence to the misinformation around it.
Maybe Lisw means it soon be all ours, should invade and plunder it all, with out US grunts doing all dirty work and should die for blood petro so can fuel our greed,, and while upper crust gets all the benefits , profit from misery of human race. Wars for petrodollar profitering ! Bhhaahaha Do i make sense? BAhahahahaaaa! i could be wrong about Lisw

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#176430 Mar 27, 2014
I dont know much about keystone, But there will be refinery jobs, shipping jobs and contracts.

I gotta believe our government aint gonna do it to be neighborly, I dont doubt they are getting something to pump that oil across our continent and sold from our shores.
roflol

Saltville, VA

#176432 Mar 27, 2014
hm saying he wasn't racist makes him A hero.. becuase he said it was wrong Anyway so..
roflol

Saltville, VA

#176433 Mar 27, 2014
he's my hero you think he's no black people's hero he's still mine..hell..
roflol

Saltville, VA

#176434 Mar 27, 2014
hell so is kramer..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 21 min andet1987 2,308
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min truth 650,030
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min Catcher1 55,960
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 36 min wow 121,881
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 43 min baranfoto 727
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,894
bambam 1 hr brandy trujillo 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web