Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#176147 Mar 23, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>We've used this site with good luck. It compiles ratings and reviews from multiple websites. This link is straight to computers, but as you see they rate a whole host of common items.
http://www.consumersearch.com/laptops-desktop...
Many thanks. Darn cat thinks the computer is her warm bed, afrer years of her laying on it its about toast.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#176148 Mar 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You can't always predict, Willie. Sometimes you have to take a calculated risk.
Yes, you do have to take a calculated risk sometimes. That comes after consideration of what Putin's likely response would be.

My question to you is, how much of a calculated risk does the President of the United States have a right to take with the economy of Germany or Poland or any other European nation?

The flaw in this conversation, as I see it, is that in the haste to find something - anything - that Obama's done wrong, people are ignoring the obvious fact that Obama doesn't have the complete freedom of action that Putin does. He has to work with those pesky allies.

Now, you can make the argument that there are things the west should do collectively, and I'd probably agree with you - and that includes much of what's on bob's list. That hasn't been the conversation we're having thus far. It's been all Obama all the time.

If there was a single sign that the response of the west was being slowed or dragged down by Obama, we could be having the conversation you want.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#176149 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you do have to take a calculated risk sometimes. That comes after consideration of what Putin's likely response would be.
My question to you is, how much of a calculated risk does the President of the United States have a right to take with the economy of Germany or Poland or any other European nation?
The flaw in this conversation, as I see it, is that in the haste to find something - anything - that Obama's done wrong, people are ignoring the obvious fact that Obama doesn't have the complete freedom of action that Putin does. He has to work with those pesky allies.
Now, you can make the argument that there are things the west should do collectively, and I'd probably agree with you - and that includes much of what's on bob's list. That hasn't been the conversation we're having thus far. It's been all Obama all the time.
If there was a single sign that the response of the west was being slowed or dragged down by Obama, we could be having the conversation you want.
Nothing slows down or drags down a meaningful solution than the insistence on operating by consensus. I've seen it make a company fail and now It appears that it will make any attempt to stop Putin fail. But the world community operates that way, always has, and America sometimes goes along with it. They twiddle their thumbs and wring their hands and Obama is doing the same. He is committed to the European way you know. And even though it's a done deal that he is NOT popular in the world, they hate him too, he still keeps trying for the popularity.Sometimes you have to do what's right without consensus. hey he thinks that's the case with his use of pen and phone.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#176150 Mar 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing slows down or drags down a meaningful solution than the insistence on operating by consensus. I've seen it make a company fail and now It appears that it will make any attempt to stop Putin fail. But the world community operates that way, always has, and America sometimes goes along with it. They twiddle their thumbs and wring their hands and Obama is doing the same. He is committed to the European way you know. And even though it's a done deal that he is NOT popular in the world, they hate him too, he still keeps trying for the popularity.Sometimes you have to do what's right without consensus. hey he thinks that's the case with his use of pen and phone.
"...You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."
- Gov. George W. Bush, in "The Taming of Texas," Governing Magazine (July 1998)
Obama isn't the first one who thinks governing by consensus is a pain in the fundament....and he won't be the last, either.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#176151 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you do have to take a calculated risk sometimes. That comes after consideration of what Putin's likely response would be.
Could be just a matter of semantics.

Instead of writing out that "Obama and the EU", or "Obama and the west", or "Obama and Europe should ..........", it's simply shortened, inasmuch as the US usually takes the lead in these things.

BTW, here's the UN's response to Putin's adventures:
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/20/ukra...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176152 Mar 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be just a matter of semantics.
Instead of writing out that "Obama and the EU", or "Obama and the west", or "Obama and Europe should ..........", it's simply shortened, inasmuch as the US usually takes the lead in these things.
BTW, here's the UN's response to Putin's adventures:
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/20/ukra...
No, bob.

With lisw, with Freebird, with Lyndi, this conversation has been all about Obama. Putin, Ukraine, Crimea - that's just a pretext to talk about Obama.

This hasn't been about foreign affairs at all, it's been about domestic politics.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176153 Mar 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a leading question mr Wild. I've heard plenty of suggestions on what he <could> do, but without sitting in on the meetings, there's no way to really know. There's no way to know what complete list of options Obama has, and what exactly he's doing (and not doing).
Will he call the major financial institutions and ask them to immediately freeze all Russian assets? Halt the exchange of rubles to dollars? Stop payment on ALL credit card purchases made in Russia? Put a temporary ban on ALL travel to Russia and it's allies by US citizens, including business travel? How about a temporary trade embargo on all Russian imports? Will he now restart the defensive missile site plans in eastern Poland?
Putin has amassed thousands of Russian troops on the eastern border of Ukraine. Some people think he's out to take back that part of Ukraine. I believe he's so upset about the protesters and what happened to Yanukovich, he's out to take the entire country back and install his puppet back in Kiev. AND he'll use his progress in taking back eastern Ukraine to guage his movements going forward, not only for all of Ukraine, but perhaps for Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, & Estonia as well, though those endeavors would be highly ambitious.
The Russian stock market plunged after Putin's Crimean excursion, and the Russian economy is in bad shape and getting worse. Obama's best weapon against Putin could be
his own people from the inside. I don't pretend to know just how much fear Putin has over
the other Kremlin leaders, but I can speculate that if enough of them turned against him, Putin would have no choice but to stand down.
U post is very Very funny , Obama is too late in planning in Imposing Sanctions! You lacking critical reasoning skills amazes me, no wonder most of the world is laughing at us dumb Americans , as the US is way WAY overly to late to impose any harsh economic/financial/trade sanctions that will threaten Russia , the way ahead of the game, they ALREADY dropped US petrodollar first before our US can do harm or destroy their economy , And Russians are working with other nations already the move to drop most of the US petroDollar because our US keeps on bullying/warring/murdering/plu ndering... other poor little nations of it raw resources/wealth... You are fool to think it make a differnce, they already ahead of the game, THEY ARE WAY AHEAD of the US ! And, as our corrupted US oligarchy is ruining the US and world with its war machines! Bahahhahaaaaaaa WAKE up fools , THEY PLAYED u INTO A DARK CORNER! A Russian Roulete that US can't get out off? Or is it Chinese Torture?
\
Bhahahaaaa

United States

#176154 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, bob.
With lisw, with Freebird, with Lyndi, this conversation has been all about Obama. Putin, Ukraine, Crimea - that's just a pretext to talk about Obama.
This hasn't been about foreign affairs at all, it's been about domestic politics.
I have been talking about Foreign policy ! can we blame them as they are hazy about Foreign affAIRs! ABhahahahaaaa

What did Bill Maher said about us Americans> He point out as 'dumb, ignorant know not much about the world ... paradoxical Ironic!

Location hidden

#176155 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, bob.
Oh brother! So because we hand the responsibility to Obama we cannot possibly be talking about real solutions. No you're not an Obama worshipper, not at all.

United States

#176156 Mar 23, 2014
bad bob wrote:
Side Note:
While I certainly do appreciate the accolades regarding my comments to Wilson about what sanctions Obama could impose on Russia, most of the suggestions came from that "despicable" Fox News Network prime time host, Bill O'Reilly. I only added the Russian trade embargo.
Thanks to one & all for the kind words.
U lost your Accolade grunter, read my post about idiotic Sanctions! abbabababaaaaa

United States

#176157 Mar 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother! So because we hand the responsibility to Obama we cannot possibly be talking about real solutions. No you're not an Obama worshipper, not at all.
WWW a Satan Workshipper?

Bahhahaaaa

United States

#176158 Mar 23, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U post is very Very funny , Obama is too late in planning in Imposing Sanctions! You lacking critical reasoning skills amazes me, no wonder most of the world is laughing at us dumb Americans , as the US is way WAY overly to late to impose any harsh economic/financial/trade sanctions that will threaten Russia , the way ahead of the game, they ALREADY dropped US petrodollar first before our US can do harm or destroy their economy , And Russians are working with other nations already the move to drop most of the US petroDollar because our US keeps on bullying/warring/murdering/plu ndering... other poor little nations of it raw resources/wealth... You are fool to think it make a differnce, they already ahead of the game, THEY ARE WAY AHEAD of the US ! And, as our corrupted US oligarchy is ruining the US and world with its war machines! Bahahhahaaaaaaa WAKE up fools , THEY PLAYED u INTO A DARK CORNER! A Russian Roulete that US can't get out off? Or is it Chinese Torture?
\
Bhahahaaaa
ADD! And , Defintely US war mongering

AHAHAHAHa HUH! MBAhahhahahaaaaaa

United States

#176159 Mar 23, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
"...You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."
- Gov. George W. Bush, in "The Taming of Texas," Governing Magazine (July 1998)
Obama isn't the first one who thinks governing by consensus is a pain in the fundament....and he won't be the last, either.
Or US military Dictatorship?

Bhahahaaaaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#176160 Mar 23, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother! So because we hand the responsibility to Obama we cannot possibly be talking about real solutions. No you're not an Obama worshipper, not at all.
No, lisw, I don't think you want to talk about real solutions.

I think all you want to talk about Obama. You clearly don't want to acknowledge that this is something more than a "High Noon" confrontation between Obama and Putin.

The mere mention of the interests of the European countries just as, if not more, involved in this has you very quickly going into dismissal mode. The mention of a possible energy embargo by Russia (a weapon they've used before) is cavalierly dismissed as concern with 'creature comforts'. You seem to think the US should do things without consideration for what our allies want or how it will effect them. You take Obama's willingness to consider the allies in this process off somewhere into lala land - some silly nonsense about his preference to the 'European way', whatever that means.

This is all about Obama for you to the exclusion of anything and everything else that puts his actions in context.

Just because it is all about Obama for you doesn't mean it is for me. For me this is just another in a series of confrontations between the West and Russia. That being the case, you have to look at the actions of previous U.S. presidents in similar circumstances. What you'll find is consistency. That consistency is due to the limitations of the power of the United States irrespective of who happens to be in the White House.

United States

#176161 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, lisw, I don't think you want to talk about real solutions.
I think all you want to talk about Obama. You clearly don't want to acknowledge that this is something more than a "High Noon" confrontation between Obama and Putin.
The mere mention of the interests of the European countries just as, if not more, involved in this has you very quickly going into dismissal mode. The mention of a possible energy embargo by Russia (a weapon they've used before) is cavalierly dismissed as concern with 'creature comforts'. You seem to think the US should do things without consideration for what our allies want or how it will effect them. You take Obama's willingness to consider the allies in this process off somewhere into lala land - some silly nonsense about his preference to the 'European way', whatever that means.
This is all about Obama for you to the exclusion of anything and everything else that puts his actions in context.
Just because it is all about Obama for you doesn't mean it is for me. For me this is just another in a series of confrontations between the West and Russia. That being the case, you have to look at the actions of previous U.S. presidents in similar circumstances. What you'll find is consistency. That consistency is due to the limitations of the power of the United States irrespective of who happens to be in the White House.
Who are : The Good, The Bad and The UGLY?
hehehehe

Location hidden

#176162 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
This makes me tired but it does not surprise me. You, Wild Willie, are quick to tell Lyndi "don't tell me how I feel or think" but you are very quick to do it. Again none of the suggestions were made without saying IF he had done this first or IF he hadn't given himself this reputation. We in many ways know it's too late. The path has already been carved. Willingness to consider his allies...please give me a break. Obama is not thinking of his allies, he never has. He has treated our allies badly in many instances. Sending Joe Biden to Poland is just the latest.
So don't tell me I don't care about the outcome of this that I just care about criticising Obama. It really gets me that he is credited with things that had nothing to do with him but things go wrong and it's just not his fault.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#176163 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Well Willie lest you forget the Pres does have a pen and a phone.He doesn't hesitate to use either rather than work with his pesky countrymen.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#176164 Mar 23, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Where did you stand when Reagan escalated the arms race with aim of bankrupting the USSR? What were the limitations of his power? Reagan UNILATERALLY refused to take SDI off the table and USSR caved. Did you support that very bold position?

United States

#176165 Mar 23, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Willie lest you forget the Pres does have a pen and a phone.He doesn't hesitate to use either rather than work with his pesky countrymen.
More like use of a Sword and Book on Machiavellian on howto work the Americans and world masses to frenzy! ABhaaahaaaa!

United States

#176166 Mar 23, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Who are : The Good, The Bad and The UGLY?
hehehehe
one more thing WWW! Add new member to class: The Evil?

Thats for all Americans/world to think about!

Bahhahaaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 110,009
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr George Justapawn 675,488
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 982,284
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr awesome reality 46,189
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Holy God s Child 619,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web