Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175967 Mar 21, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> At the very least Hitler would have been exceedingly more cautious if he had been dealing with Churchill,no matter what the UKs capabilities were. Likewise Putins actions would not be so bold if he was dealing with someone willing to show some backbone.Who ever thought the biggest beneficiary of Hope and Change would have been Vladimir Putin?
I don't see any reason to believe that Hitler's calculations of the forces he faced would have been impacted by who lived on Downing Street at the time of Munich or the invasion of Poland. Churchill, for all his eloquence, couldn't create armies and air fleets and armaments out of thin air, and that's what Hitler respected. As marvelous as his rhetorical skills were, he was still only going to be the Prime Minister of Great Britain, which gave him as much authority in France as Hitler did, and without access to France there was no way for Britain to get at Hitler anyway.

The delusion that Obama is somehow responsible for Putin's adventurism makes for a great sound byte, but it's based on magical thinking.

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others: what weakness did the Russians see in Eisenhower in '56, Johnson in '68, and Bush twice (Chechnya and Georgia)? That's four prior times that the Russians have taken aggressive actions toward neighbors in the last 60 years. What strong American leader could unite the Europeans?

You tell me what options the United States has in the Ukraine, and maybe you've got a case against Obama. Until then, it's all hot air.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#175968 Mar 21, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really good post, LIT
==
I don't know if "expanding the tent is the end all to be all" but I truly don't see how fire engine red conservatives can win the White House if they don't expand the tent. I think it's mathematically impossible.
I remember the big numbers of Christian conservatives who stayed home in 2012 because Mr. Squeaky Clean Mitt Romney wasn't conservative enough or he was a Mormon or they didn't think he had a colorful enough personality or some damn thing. And I also remember Limbaugh, Levin and Beck etc. didn't put their full weight behind him either because he wasn't conservative enough.......neither did Perry, Santorum and that crowd. but my point is, the stay at home plan could very well be the route moderates take if we're presented with a candidate too far right and we may still wind up with a democrat in the WH.
what to do...
what to do...
Hard right conservatives keep telling me that it's the moderates who are losing the WH for republicans and I'm not convinced. Personally, I don't think there are enough Americans who still believe homosexuality is a moral choice and being gay can be prayed away if you do it right, that a woman should not have a choice when it comes to her own uterus and reproductive decisions, that the Hispanic vote is not relevant and that there's another Ronald Reagan out there ready to woo us and coo us back to the 80's. I just don't see it. I don't think a Reagan could win now anymore than a JFK could. America is politically a far more sophisticated and dirty game than it was when those two were running around making memorable, heartfelt speeches and the game has gone from who's the best qualified and just a little dirty, to who's best at bullshi#ing people en masse and what do I get if I vote for you..... The democrats keep bringing home the gold on that one because they have a" win at all cost" philosophy and I haven't the foggiest idea how gain back the top spot without muddying the water a bit ourselves.
I still think Romney was our best shot and America made a monumental mistake but it is what it is. Time to bring on the next batter....
Get real ! Presidents are just Puppets with no power !! i have no problem with capitalism but i can't support Romney as he's a Predatory capitalist that only looking out for himself and few. and as Governor he did not do a thing for the people who starved, as many are unemployed , how is that you still see him a savior of the masses? i wonder about lyndi baby! abbahahaaaa

United States

#175969 Mar 21, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see any reason to believe that Hitler's calculations of the forces he faced would have been impacted by who lived on Downing Street at the time of Munich or the invasion of Poland. Churchill, for all his eloquence, couldn't create armies and air fleets and armaments out of thin air, and that's what Hitler respected. As marvelous as his rhetorical skills were, he was still only going to be the Prime Minister of Great Britain, which gave him as much authority in France as Hitler did, and without access to France there was no way for Britain to get at Hitler anyway.
The delusion that Obama is somehow responsible for Putin's adventurism makes for a great sound byte, but it's based on magical thinking.
I'll ask you the same question I've asked others: what weakness did the Russians see in Eisenhower in '56, Johnson in '68, and Bush twice (Chechnya and Georgia)? That's four prior times that the Russians have taken aggressive actions toward neighbors in the last 60 years. What strong American leader could unite the Europeans?
You tell me what options the United States has in the Ukraine, and maybe you've got a case against Obama. Until then, it's all hot air.
OoooHH i know i know I know! But i not telling them! but i'm gonna give them mentals a chance to speak first! Bababababaaa

United States

#175970 Mar 21, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "too little war" isn't gobbledygook. Too little warring equaled no spoils of war and in early civilizations it was often a requirement if you were trying to grow or maintain what you had and to keep the treasury full. Running an empire wasn't cheap and they had to get the funding and slave labor from someplace! An attitude of " you don't screw with Rome" for example, existed for a reason. Instilling fear across the land was commonplace and waging war and going plundering and pillaging for years at a time, was how they imposed it. Plus it was often the only way soldiers got compensated. Can't keep an enthusiastic military if you don't pay them. Successful invasions meant acquisition of valuable land, seaports, art, slave labor, treasure, gold. townspeople to tax, etc. Stealing your neighbors land and loot and amassing wealth was pretty much the whole point.
To the victor go the spoils!
Answering this post of yours to WWW! Wow Amazing insight finally! But you miss something . Bhahahahaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175971 Mar 21, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> At the very least Hitler would have been exceedingly more cautious if he had been dealing with Churchill,no matter what the UKs capabilities were. Likewise Putins actions would not be so bold if he was dealing with someone willing to show some backbone.Who ever thought the biggest beneficiary of Hope and Change would have been Vladimir Putin?
I just wanted to add to my previous post that part of Hitler's calculations in 1938 and 39 were based on the state of British capabilities - and what they might be if the British and French were given time to catch up.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#175972 Mar 21, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>hI ANDY! I'd been around and you?
i'd been around too World :) i thought you were on vacation.

United States

#175973 Mar 21, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, there is no magic 5 point list for the decline and fall of various early civilizations.
=====
"The study finds the five most important factors affecting historical civil decline are Population, Climate, Water, Agriculture, and Energy."
=====
The reasons for decline of early and ancient civilizations are varied, diverse, complex, multi-layered and we know some are still enveloped in mystery and speculation. Every early civilization that has disappeared had is own unique set of circumstances including war( both too much and too little,) corruption of government, inept government, reduction of commerce, devaluation of currency, disease, issues of religious conflict, recurring invasions, barbarism, societal decay, catastrophic unavoidable events, populace complacency, populace unrest, unsustainable slavery, abuse and misuse of taxation, etc., etc., etc., and each one of those causes, have sub-categories and cannot be omitted in any classroom studying the history of civilization.
The list provided in that article as THE 5 most important factors, is suspiciously convenient for selling progressivism in the 21st century though.......... or didn't you notice?
your forgot major factors greed, war-for-profitering and over-exspandism , wars of overly nation building , over nation buildinf, avarice,..., i give Fail! you get 50% on you test1 MwhBahahahaaa

United States

#175974 Mar 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i'd been around too World :) i thought you were on vacation.
no!:)
how about you?

United States

#175975 Mar 21, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I know you think we've passed the point of no return. We're done, we're cooked, the party's over, the rotund woman is about to sing.
Perhaps of interest, perhaps not, I'm reading a book about the 1939-1941 time frame. Seems we were done then too, at least in the eyes of some. I mean, if Roosevelt won reelection to a third term &/or we got into the war, we'd have to become a fascist dictatorship with a state controlled economy and that would be forever.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
HOW ABOUT'' 1984'?

bHAHAHAAAA

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#175976 Mar 22, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my two words, "don't answer," not compute with you? Too many syllables? Did the urge to tell me how to compose my posts to better suit your preferences, simply trump my request?
Let's try it again.
Don't answer.
Ssssh,...I know you can do it.
Well, sure you're done with it. You've gotten all the mileage out of it you desired so you think you can just throw a switch and reboot, and all the humanoids should follow your command. It might have more weight if you weren't notorious for wading right into the stye, wallowing around with reckless abandon right up until you see an exploitable code-word, then gathering your skirts about you and screeching "Ewww! Am I the only one that noticed this stinks?" Amidst your loud protestations, you count on the cat's choir not to notice the wry grin under the bonnet. Like has been said, it's as shameless and transparent as those playing the race card on demand.
marvinbeta

Pittsburgh, PA

#175977 Mar 22, 2014

Bush wasted Billions of Dollars on Wars that only killed Americans senseless-hows Bush a Hero?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#175978 Mar 22, 2014
The foregoing discussion about Crimea is enlightening in one part - the studious avoidance of the simple question - what options does the West/America have? No one will address that. This is emblematic of the same question in the larger sphere - no one anywhere has that answer, beyond .

The notion that President Obama is somehow "at fault" for Putin's actions are pure political opportunism, as evidenced by the fact that no one will likewise confront the question - if Putin's perception of Obama's "weakness" were at root here, how do you explain the same territorial expansionist policies during the the Bush era, who allegedly had a better relationship with Putin?

The roaring silence to these two questions reveals the current critics as blatant opportunists.

The President has cautiously but firmly exercised the only viable tools he has at his disposal, that of economic sanctions. But even that is inherently weak, not because of who the President is, but because we simply are not a large trading partner with Russia. The most effective sanctions would have to come from Europe, who, you may not have noticed, have been even more cautious than America in response, precisely because sanctions against Russia would have material effect on their own economies, because they are dependent on Russian oil.

The only immediate response would be military action. In the big picture, the Ukraine is simply not important enough to US interests to warrant that, no matter what tune Bomb-Bomb-Bomb McCain might sing for the Fox News cycle.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175979 Mar 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of air, that's all that comes from Obama's Washington these days. Fake red lines and air. You don't think Putin has noticed?

Obama has paid no attention to Ukraine. None. Neither did Hillary Clinton, when she was running around as Secretary of State or we might have had a clue this was coming.
In case you haven't noticed, Willie, foreign policy in general makes Obama yawn. He doesn't involve himself until after the fact and even then he looks bored and inconvenienced. Benghazi, Libya? After the fact. Crimea? After the fact. Iraq? After the fact. He may as well have just handed Iraq over to terrorist groups and be done with that one. Syria and that mass murdering pig, Assad? After the fact. Iran? What are we doing about that tinderbox? Nothing. It's just another 'after the fact' episode, waiting in the wings which I might remind you is why Israel is sweating so profusely and has been ever since Obama took office. Look at what's happening right now in Venezuela. The people are pouring into the streets after that schmuck Chavez died and protesting for freedom running and the risk of being shot by that vicious little creep's protégé, Maduro and what is Obama and his administration doing to assist? Nothing. How great would a free and prosperous Venezuela be for this hemisphere? I can think of huge benefits. Why can't Obama?

A leader with foresight might have recognized that: 1) Putin is not Gorbechev and he's not Krushchev. Putin thinks after the collapse of the Soviet Union the US didn't do much to help and he's venemous. He believes and maybe rightfully so, that the US humiliated them and took advantage of the mess left after the collapse and Obama with his cavalier attitude, sophomoric, "WHAT-ever, VLAD, just talk to the hand" and that revolting dismissive, disinterested slump in the chair act of his, hasn't improved our relations. This Crimean move is the biggest crisis in East-West relations post cold war we've had, and it's on Obama's watch. That is undeniable. You obviously want to skim over that part.

Ukraine's economy has been struggling. It 's very weak. What Obama could have done at some point in this administration was take note of that soft spot and put together an assistance package maybe with the EU to help prop up that economy and get it rolling. This move with Crimea blindsided Obama. And why is that? Why is he always the last guy at the party to know what the hell is happening out there?
Putin is in no position for a full blown war. We know that. His military is 10 or 15 years away from being modernized and having that kind of punch but he just walked in and absorbed Crimea like he was helping himself to some kids lunch money and if that isn't reminiscent of Hitler absorbing Austria in 1938, I'd don't know what is.
Strength matters. Smart, intuitive preemptive foreign policy matters and who is in the White House matters. The human race and the globe is now situated where careful, methodical chess like moves is how the game is played and as was pointed out by someone last weak, Putin is playing chess like a master and Obama is playing marbles.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175980 Mar 22, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, sure you're done with it. You've gotten all the mileage out of it you desired so you think you can just throw a switch and reboot, and all the humanoids should follow your command. It might have more weight if you weren't notorious for wading right into the stye, wallowing around with reckless abandon right up until you see an exploitable code-word, then gathering your skirts about you and screeching "Ewww! Am I the only one that noticed this stinks?" Amidst your loud protestations, you count on the cat's choir not to notice the wry grin under the bonnet. Like has been said, it's as shameless and transparent as those playing the race card on demand.
Wah!

Here's you go. Play this. Maybe it will put a little zip in your day and you won't be such a whiney little twit.

http://usconstitutionalfreepress.wordpress.co...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#175981 Mar 22, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> no!:)
how about you?
always in Topix. no vacation.:) the plane ticket to Asia back and forth is very expensive. so i just stay here and enjoy the zoo, Millenium Park, etc.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#175982 Mar 22, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
The notion that President Obama is somehow "at fault" for Putin's actions are pure political opportunism,
Kinda like those that think Bush attacked Iraq to get even for his dad? LMFAO..........

#175983 Mar 22, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What has Catcher done besides post annoying things to Lyndi and others on Topix? Do you know of something more than that?
If you do not, all you have is a troll.
Of course, I could be being less than honest with you. That's what someone is doing when they don't agree with you, right?
First of all, I'm not sure why you asked the last question. I think I've been pretty fair on this thread to everyone including ignoring your consistently snide comments to me.

2'nd of all yes I do know of something he's done besdides to Lyndi. I DID mention he is obsessed with 2m posters..........

#175984 Mar 22, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all this chatter about stalking and trolling is ridiculous ..
Is it about as ridiculous as Chasers obsession with you know who?

Is it about as ridiculous as wanting to throw someone in jail and throw away the key for tapping his wife on the head to get her attention and swatting his child on the behind?

Is it about as ridiculous as obsessing over the former for well over a year?

Is it about as ridiculous as thinking your going to defeat christianity by insulting christians on topix?

#175985 Mar 22, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
always in Topix. no vacation.:) the plane ticket to Asia back and forth is very expensive..
Plus you'd have the Feds watching you day and night for the next few years..........
;o)

#175986 Mar 22, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
always in Topix. no vacation.:) the plane ticket to Asia back and forth is very expensive. so i just stay here and enjoy the zoo, Millenium Park, etc.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus you'd have the Feds watching you day and night for the next few years..........
;o)
But then again you probably have the feds watching you day and night anyway because of your association with 'The idiot'.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 100,394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 670,303
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min New Age Spiritual... 980,149
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 445,655
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 4 hr Libhater 58
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr 2 tim 2 15 6,146
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web