HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175869 Mar 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Just so we're clear, the pig ain't Chris.
An open forum like Topix isn't just a pig stye, it's a whole damned hog confinement operation.
oink

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175870 Mar 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ate you effing kidding me? I hope you never have a sister, wife, daughter that is stalked because you would say that any engagement they made with the stalker, to try to empower themselves would make it THEIR fault if the stalker goes after them. You want to talk about creepy. That is creepy.
Seeing women battered and yes even killed by a stalker might make one overreact to what seems to others to be innocuous stalking, but the truth is that overreaction comes from underreaction. Too many women have suffered dire consequences because police and others said "there's nothing we can do about it."
If Hip's post was a general comment about stalking it would be creepy. It would also be creepy if it had been established that Catcher was a stalker.

It has not. He's annoying, yes. He's arguably a troll, sure.

The allegation is based on some pretty flimsy evidence - evidence not very much different from what SKL could produce against bad bob. Some of those posts have gone farther than Catcher's 'somebody's behind you' stuff.

No - I don't think bad bob's a stalker. I think he can do a good troll when he wants to. I think that's what Catcher is too.

This whole stalking thing is much ado about nothing.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175871 Mar 20, 2014
Cyberstalking as defined by one source.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

hmmmm...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175872 Mar 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The allegation is based on some pretty flimsy evidence - evidence not very much different from what SKL could produce against bad bob. Some of those posts have gone farther than Catcher's 'somebody's behind you' stuff.
Big difference between stalkin' & flamin' mr Wilson.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he can do a good troll when he wants to. I think that's what Catcher is too.
Use of the word "good" with anything related to me is PROHIBITED! Deposit $1 in the jar.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole stalking thing is much ado about nothing.
Easy for you to say. Ya don't have the ambulance chaser lurkin' behind the shower curtain waitin' for Lyndi to post another comment in here.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175873 Mar 20, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
Cyberstalking as defined by one source.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking
hmmmm...
Another interesting article:

http://www.livescience.com/43711-personality-...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175874 Mar 20, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
Cyberstalking as defined by one source.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking
hmmmm...
Just read your wiki link, News. If it's true, I guess that DOES make me a cyber-stalker.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmit!

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175876 Mar 20, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference between stalkin' & flamin' mr Wilson.
<quoted text>
Use of the word "good" with anything related to me is PROHIBITED! Deposit $1 in the jar.
<quoted text>
Easy for you to say. Ya don't have the ambulance chaser lurkin' behind the shower curtain waitin' for Lyndi to post another comment in here.
if posting that a liberal might be behind you can be exaggerated into stalking, bob, then the kind of flaming you've done to SKL can easily be distorted that way.

That's my point. I don't think ether one of you are stalkers, although you both do the same things. As best I can tell Catcher does it because he doesn't like the way Lyndi talks about liberals; you claim it's noble, what I call your Sir Galabob mode.

Still the same thing.

Oh, I do know what it's like, bob. Your little pal Idiot 2.0 does the same thing to me (and several others) that Catcher does to Lyndi - and far more often. He's just one in a line of trolls that have done that to me right here in the thread.

BTW ... ran across a great line about trolls:

"Don't attempt to reason with the Troll. It will not work. You may as well try to nail Jello to the wall."

See more at: http://www.bandbacktogether.com/internet-trol...

Oh, and ... Take that jar and shove it, I ain't payin' here no more....
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175877 Mar 20, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference between stalkin' & flamin' mr Wilson.
<quoted text>
Use of the word "good" with anything related to me is PROHIBITED! Deposit $1 in the jar.
<quoted text>
Easy for you to say. Ya don't have the ambulance chaser lurkin' behind the shower curtain waitin' for Lyndi to post another comment in here.
and ya'll seem to conveniently gloss over, swerve by, jump around, tunnel under, the fact that she, by her own admission, "observes" him silently on other threads, and brings it back here for comment.

Paraphrasing TripleDub, it's a couple of yowling cats, and as i said, it's an entirely consensual arrangement.

As for the ensuing fabricated brouhaha, well, somebody's enjoying it, no doubt......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#175878 Mar 20, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOB4NUS...

You just never know who your talking to.

WWW's link kind of leads toward Chaser being a stalker. He is for sure a troll and at the very least an unsteady individual.

He seems to be obsessed with 2 posters. 1 on another thread and Lyndi. Have you ever noticed when Lyndi is gone for awhile and catcher isnt around as soon as Lyndi posts he responds.

I doubt he's a lawyer. He's claimed to be a criminal defense lawyer, a corporate lawyer and a Civil Rights lawyer. In each category he claims to be highly succesful. He has a need to let others know how he enjoys the finer things in life. Cant take a trip w/o letting others know. Insecurity leads to bad decision making.

I think Lyndi has every right to be concerned.

How could a succesful lawyer spend his weekdays and weekends on topix insulting others like a child as much as he does? Or better yet why would a succesful lawyer spend his days on topix insulting others? He adds very little or nothing to any thread he's on. He's here to play his childish games.

But I do have to say it is funny to watch Lyndi school him on every subject brought up in here, including law..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#175879 Mar 20, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>, by her own admission, "observes" him silently on other threads,
You do the same by your own admission.

You observe the WSJLM thread. Its no different. The only reason you dont bring it up elsewhere is because you don't have a stalker. If you did you would no doubt use that information.

You can go ahead and try to tell me HIP that if someone was following you around and constantly tried to belittle you, that you would be above all that and not use any info you had on that person, or you could just save the keyboard strokes.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175880 Mar 20, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TOB4NUSEJ28FLHGIR/post 35
You just never know who your talking to.
WWW's link kind of leads toward Chaser being a stalker. He is for sure a troll and at the very least an unsteady individual.
He seems to be obsessed with 2 posters. 1 on another thread and Lyndi. Have you ever noticed when Lyndi is gone for awhile and catcher isnt around as soon as Lyndi posts he responds.
I doubt he's a lawyer. He's claimed to be a criminal defense lawyer, a corporate lawyer and a Civil Rights lawyer. In each category he claims to be highly succesful. He has a need to let others know how he enjoys the finer things in life. Cant take a trip w/o letting others know. Insecurity leads to bad decision making.
I think Lyndi has every right to be concerned.
How could a succesful lawyer spend his weekdays and weekends on topix insulting others like a child as much as he does? Or better yet why would a succesful lawyer spend his days on topix insulting others? He adds very little or nothing to any thread he's on. He's here to play his childish games.
But I do have to say it is funny to watch Lyndi school him on every subject brought up in here, including law..........
Unless there is more going on that simply making annoying replies on Topix, I think bore and troll is as far as you can go.

As far as who Catcher REALLY is - a) who cares? b) he could be everything he says he is, or


I don't know why trolls do what they do, but I've run into them on almost every board I've participated in for 15 years +/-. I had a couple of small websites with forums, and it seemed like the minute I hit about a hundred registered posters the trolls would show up. The stereotype is of the guy (gal) posting from mom's basement, but some of them are apparently regular, ordinary people in real life who just get a perverse kick out of being annoying and disruptive behind the anonymity of the web.

Being an idiot or an assh**e isn't illegal, and running into them is a fact of life on the web.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#175881 Mar 20, 2014
Funny Video..........

I see the Billkens are in a battle. I picked em to win, but I already lost out on the billion dollars. Dadnabb Dayton..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#175882 Mar 20, 2014
Forgot to include WWW's post...........

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175883 Mar 20, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Funny Video..........
I see the Billkens are in a battle. I picked em to win, but I already lost out on the billion dollars. Dadnabb Dayton..........
I think the Bills just peaked too early this year. After the way they played the last couple weeks, I was surprised they were a 5, and I can't say I'm shocked by the way they're playing tonight.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#175884 Mar 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If Hip's post was a general comment about stalking it would be creepy. It would also be creepy if it had been established that Catcher was a stalker.
It has not. He's annoying, yes. He's arguably a troll, sure.
The allegation is based on some pretty flimsy evidence - evidence not very much different from what SKL could produce against bad bob. Some of those posts have gone farther than Catcher's 'somebody's behind you' stuff.
No - I don't think bad bob's a stalker. I think he can do a good troll when he wants to. I think that's what Catcher is too.
This whole stalking thing is much ado about nothing.
Yes you're right it has not been established. I hope it never is. My "be careful" to Lyndi is just about a bad feeling. I think what triggered that the most is his reference to her not being a woman. Men who stalk use that often because they want some reason why their advances are unwanted. It gives me the heebie-jeebies. If Catcher is the stand up guy he claims to be I'd think he would want to reject that image and say "sorry" or even better, back off. We'll see.
I don't like Bad Bob's exchanges with SKL/ Shovelhead and I've told him so. But he also has years of trustworthiness to his credit and those exchanges imo were provoked, not by disagreement about politics but by crossing the lines of decency.
I hope you're right that it's much ado about nothing.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175885 Mar 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Another interesting article:
http://www.livescience.com/43711-personality-...
Yep!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#175886 Mar 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>if posting that a liberal might be behind you can be exaggerated into stalking, bob, then the kind of flaming you've done to SKL can easily be distorted that way.
That's my point. I don't think ether one of you are stalkers, although you both do the same things. As best I can tell Catcher does it because he doesn't like the way Lyndi talks about liberals; you claim it's noble, what I call your Sir Galabob mode.
Still the same thing.
Oh, I do know what it's like, bob. Your little pal Idiot 2.0 does the same thing to me (and several others) that Catcher does to Lyndi - and far more often. He's just one in a line of trolls that have done that to me right here in the thread.
BTW ... ran across a great line about trolls:
"Don't attempt to reason with the Troll. It will not work. You may as well try to nail Jello to the wall."
See more at: http://www.bandbacktogether.com/internet-trol...
Oh, and ... Take that jar and shove it, I ain't payin' here no more....
Or reasoning with a troll is like "herding cats" or "pushing a rope" all things my husband used to say about trying to get the kids to do things.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175887 Mar 20, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read your wiki link, News. If it's true, I guess that DOES make me a cyber-stalker.
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmit!
"To thine own self be true..."

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175888 Mar 20, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read your wiki link, News. If it's true, I guess that DOES make me a cyber-stalker.
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmit!
You crack me up!
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175889 Mar 20, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You do the same by your own admission.
You observe the WSJLM thread. Its no different. The only reason you dont bring it up elsewhere is because you don't have a stalker. If you did you would no doubt use that information.
No, Rider, I don't "observe" that thread, I >visit< that thread, as evidenced by the fact that you see me >interact< with the residents. That's key, Rider, on-site interaction. There are people there I've "known" for years now, a few I enjoy and respect. Huge difference between that and silently "collecting data" on someone and then bringing it elsewhere to chastise the same person. Why you think it's important enough to jump in, and gin up some false equivalency is waaay beyond me. Holy Mungo, this thing is gettin' like the bar fight in Blazing Saddles.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>You can go ahead and try to tell me HIP that if someone was following you around and constantly tried to belittle you, that you would be above all that and not use any info you had on that person, or you could just save the keyboard strokes.
Shoot, that behavior is old moldy news in topixland. If I had a dime for every troll that's followed me around and tried to mess the nest, I might have enough to call somebody who cares......

.....but who cares?

Present company excepted, of course.

No, Rider, if I spy a troll, I do not feed it, as a rule. The fact that Lyndi engages him in "witty banter" tells me she either likes the attention and doesn't perceive him as a troll, or perceives him as a troll but likes the attention.

And all this crap about "stalking" is beyond the usual reactionary lunacy.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min RADEKT 268,762
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Qu_innocence 608,092
Chaitanya Holidays | Best Tour Planner in Mumbai 1 hr Chaitanya_Holidays 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wyle E Coyote 808,530
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 2 hr Rahul kamdi 34
Any girls looking for some sexy fun on Skype? (Dec '12) 2 hr nuhomar1 27
REAL Music REAL Smooth! Part II! 2 hr fifacoinsonline 23
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr June VanDerMark 573,532
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web