Bush is a hero

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175731 Mar 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide me with the list of put out and angry liberal/democrat groups targeted by the IRS under G.W. Bush, G.H.W. Bush and any other republican POTUS you can think of who were stonewalled, jacked around and asked what they prayed for, what kind of underwear they wore and what books they read when attempting to get tax exempt status and while you're at it, please give me the dates those disgruntled liberal groups appeared before congress in the ensuing investigation. There was an investigation wasn't there? Oh and one other thing if it won't be too much trouble. Please provide me with the name of the Lois Lerner equivalent at the time who refused to TALK about what went down. I must have been out of the country or something. I missed all that.
There is NO comparison in the area of dirty play between hard core conservatives and hard core liberals. Liberals win in that arena, hands down. You know how I know? A lot of far right conservatives are scared of God's wrath for behaving badly, while liberals thinking they are God and have no such reservations.
I'm sure you do believe that "there is NO comparison in the area of dirty play between hard core conservatives and hard core liberals".

I don't believe that. In spite of the fact that I'm a liberal, I don't believe the opposite is true either.

You seem to have trouble accepting that.

Now, I appreciate the flattery ... but it's not working.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#175732 Mar 11, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa, Nellie!!!
In my conversation with SKL, I was talking about American citizens being para.... worried about interment camps, and the argument that it could happen here again because it happened to the Japanese. Sure, it could, but a whole lotta things would have to happen first - things that don't appear anywhere on the horizon.
Now you're leaping from the United States to the Israeli/Iranian conflict. I'm 60 years old, and I can't jump that far.
That's not a different angle - that's a different question, and what I said to SKL can't be stretched to include that in any way. Just because I don't think Chris Clearwater needs to fear Cuomo barring him from New York or rounding up him and his and putting them in camps doesn't meant that I think Netanyahu doesn't need to fear for his country.
Oh, and kinda primitive the way that water is kinda wet.
Please do provide the post where Clearwater said any such thing. In fact I'm quite sure while I did say I think Cuomo speaks out of hate for the right, I also said in reference to this we would be in a civil war long before we ever got anywhere close to that.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#175733 Mar 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide me with the list of put out and angry liberal/democrat groups targeted by the IRS under G.W. Bush, G.H.W. Bush and any other republican POTUS you can think of who were stonewalled, jacked around and asked what they prayed for, what kind of underwear they wore and what books they read when attempting to get tax exempt status and while you're at it, please give me the dates those disgruntled liberal groups appeared before congress in the ensuing investigation. There was an investigation wasn't there? Oh and one other thing if it won't be too much trouble. Please provide me with the name of the Lois Lerner equivalent at the time who refused to TALK about what went down. I must have been out of the country or something. I missed all that.
There is NO comparison in the area of dirty play between hard core conservatives and hard core liberals. Liberals win in that arena, hands down. You know how I know? A lot of far right conservatives are scared of God's wrath for behaving badly, while liberals thinking they are God and have no such reservations.
Yes, you should be careful.

Even the paranoid are sometimes followed.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#175734 Mar 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't overthink it, Willie. If you'd rather listen to the onslaught of JMO's from the white girl in Oklahoma unschooled on anti-Semitism rather than the Jew from Jerusalem who's lived anti-Semitism and studied it, then by all means go for it.
You go to Oklahoma. I'll go to a Kibbutz outside Tel Aviv and we'll test each other's knowledge at the end of the semester.
Boy, do you enjoy playing the victim.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175735 Mar 11, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Please do provide the post where Clearwater said any such thing. In fact I'm quite sure while I did say I think Cuomo speaks out of hate for the right, I also said in reference to this we would be in a civil war long before we ever got anywhere close to that.
In post #175659 you said "If he [Cuomo] got his way what happens to people he hates and would like removed from New York?"

There's no reason to assume from his words that he hates anyone or that he wants to remove anyone from New York.

That's how we got onto the camps, and people started talking about Stalin and Iran and Israel and ... did the guys on the grassy knoll make it into the conversation?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175736 Mar 11, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, do you enjoy playing the victim.
How would preferring to learn about anti-Semitism from a Jew named AB Yehoshua in Israel makes ME a victim?


You're an idiot.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175737 Mar 11, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you should be careful.
Even the paranoid are sometimes followed.
Lyndi's right, but for you, "idiot" doesn't begin to cover it. You've shown now on several occasions, that you prefer stalking her to actually earning a living as an alleged lawyer.
Yer a fake, a phony and a charlatan. And what's worse is........

..........yer a worthless freakin' troll!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175738 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What you hear me saying is that reasonable people can disagree about whether something like a joke is racist or not.
Personally, I don’t feel reasonable people will disagree on what constitutes racial humor. In fact, I submit it’s just the opposite. Kind of leaves us at odds with each other.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>To make more of it than that ... to claim I'm saying racism is completely subjective - is an intellectual circle jerk.
Given the context by which we are discussing it, you in fact, did say it.

Yes?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175739 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a reason to think that I don't have enough facts to form an opinion already, or are you just sniping?
Apologies, it was a snipe.
Some things are better left unsaid.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175740 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Saw the second post on this first.
It appears you are just sniping, but just in case - what do you think I could learn from the museum that I haven't learned from the written and video accounts of the interred?
Do you think I'll see something in that museum that will validate a comparison between, say, Japanese interred in the United States with westerners interred by Japan? With the Soviet gulag?
My, "pay the buck" comment was in regards to accessing the first link Lyndi provided that pointed to racial tendencies as being possibly innate. Nothing to do with the museum.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175741 Mar 12, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
=====
Bill Clinton >allegedly< said to Ted Kennedy when referring to Obama, "A few years ago, he'd be serving us drinks."
On your what's' funny scale of comments, was that:
A) Harmless?
B) Racist?
C) Kinda funny?
D) Borderline racist and not a damn bit funny?
E) Doesn't matter, He's Bill Clinton and can say anything he wants?
=====
So, you think it was harmless, kinda funny and borderline racist.
Hm. If it's borderline racist, I don't know how you can also call it harmless but far be it from me to figure out the workings of a liberal mind.
What do you suppose the collective view of liberals would have been had a prominent republican allegedly said it?

(((((((((( RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!)))))))))

I don't think you get that liberals have two very distinct sets of rules. One very flexible set for themselves and one very sturdy set for the rest of us.
Workings of a liberal mind?
Plenty of blame to go around.

You do have flair!

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175742 Mar 12, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>My, "pay the buck" comment was in regards to accessing the first link Lyndi provided that pointed to racial tendencies as being possibly innate. Nothing to do with the museum.
Of course.

My bad.

See, I thought that the fact it was in reply to a post about the museum meant that I should pay the buck to get into the museum.

I get confused that way sometimes.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175743 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Of course.
My bad.
See, I thought that the fact it was in reply to a post about the museum meant that I should pay the buck to get into the museum.
I get confused that way sometimes.
And, of course, i go back to look and find the 'pay the buck' comment wasn't in reply to my exchange with Catcher about the museum. It just came at around the same time.

Doh!

I generally follow links to articles when people post them, even when I'm not a fan of the site/source. I followed the link Lyndi posted. It wasn't the study itself. The study itself was going to cost me $15, iirc.

My mind's not nearly as closed as my wallet is.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175744 Mar 12, 2014
Sucks to be Obama today!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175745 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>And, of course, i go back to look and find the 'pay the buck' comment wasn't in reply to my exchange with Catcher about the museum. It just came at around the same time.
Doh!
I generally follow links to articles when people post them, even when I'm not a fan of the site/source. I followed the link Lyndi posted. It wasn't the study itself. The study itself was going to cost me $15, iirc.
My mind's not nearly as closed as my wallet is.
Lynidi's first link to these studies wanted the reader to pony up a buck to read the entire article. It was designed to enroll you as a subscriber in a trial 4 month membership.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#175746 Mar 12, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
Sucks to be Obama today!
What did he do now???

I googled, and all I could find was some stuff about 'applying costs' and a 'slapdash referendum' on the Crimea.

What am I missing?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175747 Mar 12, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Lynidi's first link to these studies wanted the reader to pony up a buck to read the entire article. It was designed to enroll you as a subscriber in a trial 4 month membership.
We're talking about two different things.

Lyndi linked to an article about a study by a neurologist published in a professional journal. I think the linked article was free. Access to the study in the professional journal would have cost me $15 +/-. That's the one I was talking about.

She also linked to an article in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz about the work of
Prof. Gil Diesendruck. The full article is behind a paywall, but by searching the professor's name and the words "born racist" (and since you are so adamit) I found a back door - through a Palestinian site, no less.

http://www.haaretz.com/misc/article-print-pag...

It's an interesting study that does seem to suggest that children are inherently drawn to people "like them" from infancy. The author attributes it to an evolutionary survival instinct. The author goes on to say,“Ironically, what enabled us to survive throughout evolution may be to our detriment today, as we also apply this strategy when it’s not relevant to survival. So it’s important to distinguish between situations of war and menace, and everyday life, where the use of such strategies creates injustice and discrimination.”

From a different part of the article...

"We studied children aged 5, 8 and 12 from different educational systems: Jewish children who attended regular,‘mainstream’ Jewish schools; Arab children in regular Arab schools, and Jewish and Arab children who studied together at bilingual schools that combine students and teachers from both ethnicities.

“We found that in all the groups, the 5-year-olds were equally essentialist, and to a high degree. That is, they all perceived the other ethnic group as very different, as homogeneous, and so on. As they got older, those who went to a regular school remained essentialist, but those who went to an integrated school with Arabs and Jews together, became less and less essentialist. The implication is that the environment doesn’t create essentialism; it’s there from the start. Environment and education only strengthen or temper it.”

If you are interested in the "origins" of racism, the study is interesting. How you can apply that to justifying or validating racism (Lydni's words) seems problematic at best to me.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175748 Mar 12, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What did he do now???
I googled, and all I could find was some stuff about 'applying costs' and a 'slapdash referendum' on the Crimea.
What am I missing?
The R's are doing the happy dance over the Florida special election and ready to declare an early 2016 victory.

The media and MSNBC are piling on.

And some obscure comedy interviewer, can't recall his name, asked him, in jest of course, >grin< "What does it feel like to be the last black president. "

Woe to Barack!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175749 Mar 12, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
The R's are doing the happy dance over the Florida special election and ready to declare an early 2016 victory.
The media and MSNBC are piling on.
And some obscure comedy interviewer, can't recall his name, asked him, in jest of course, >grin< "What does it feel like to be the last black president. "
Woe to Barack!
So the district that just had the most expensive special election in the history of the house includes Clearwater. Wouldn't get too crazy about it. This same district carried Obama last time and like many other places is quite divided. Even with all the outside money that poured in to this race its more of the same. Many people think the solution is to keep growing government and the never ending programs (how to pay?) and others think it needs to be cut down significantly. And while Sink didn't win the margin wasn't much.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175750 Mar 12, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>In post #175659 you said "If he [Cuomo] got his way what happens to people he hates and would like removed from New York?"
There's no reason to assume from his words that he hates anyone or that he wants to remove anyone from New York.
That's how we got onto the camps, and people started talking about Stalin and Iran and Israel and ... did the guys on the grassy knoll make it into the conversation?
Of course not. I know when someone in a leadership role, especially an elected governor says to a group of people you have no place in this state I can't wait to have a Thanksgiving dinner with him. Funny they are still running adds here begging people to bring business to New York. Good luck chuck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is RacismAnd Bigotry? 3 min cowboy 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 272,083
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 5 min cowboy 639
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min DebraE 100,733
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min Burke Devlin 834
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Estelle 596,032
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 20 min cowboy 87
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Joe Fortuna 854,233
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 444,191
More from around the web