“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175652 Mar 9, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're right about the slander and libel, but that's not what the progressives are concerned with. They want everyone's identity out in the open so that the left-wing enforcers, weather it winds up being the IRS, DOJ or FCC can readily jack slap whoever posts something that's not in step with the Federal or State governments and you know that, weather you want to admitt it or not. <-o
Indeed. When you look at where we are going its clear to me many don't give a rip about the spirit of the law but are fine concerning the letter of the law. Quite good at perverting it for a stated agenda. When the news broke of the IRS targeting right leaning groups most libs here dismissed it. Just listened yesterday to one say not only did the IRS target his 9-12 group but homeland security as well. Props to Bush for starting this crap up.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175653 Mar 9, 2014
The court case in Philadelphia, and others like it, are not as political as some people seem to think. They are a case of the law trying to keep pace with technology.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I mean, maybe ...

I suppose it's possible that ...

The individuals who are really behind the court case in Philadelphia that Chris posted about are:

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#175654 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Philadelphia Judge Issues Ruling That Could Give Anonymous Online Commenters Second Thoughts
Really? More chilling for speech imo. But I'd guess when Waters tells the tea party to go to hell, no problems. After all, no one person is being singled out.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/03/05/p...
Hello Chris,

Thanks for the update,btw:)
Here's an article from the site in question:

http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-08/news/48...

Just a passin' thru... have a Great Day - All...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#175655 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of this I agree with. Just as when Lyndi brought up some of the same points for the right.
Lyndi and I agree on a whole lotta things. I don't have any problem at all with most of her politics. It's her delivery that rankles, not her points. I probably need to look in a few mirrors, in that regard.(Just ask Bob.) On the other hand, "We're born that way," as the opening statement in a national dialogue about racism in America...well, I can't do that with her...I simply can't.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> But from what I understand the last two contenders, McCain and Romney supposedly were middle of the road?
To my mind,'middle of the road' means fiscal conservatism, and social liberalism, in the same political stance. And, as Willie is so fond of pointing out, the middle has skewed so far to the right, that the current President's policies are indistinguishable from his predecessor's. Face it, if the left was REALLY IN CHARGE, would we be having this radical conversation? Hell, no! You and I'd have been rounded up into camps, or exterminated, long ago.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> I know from where I stand during one of the debates where Romney gave Obama a pass on the never ending lies concerning Benghazi it seemed quite weak. But still I voted for him as did most that I know.
So did I - and Benghazi was just a symptom of an insidious disease, spread by BOTH carriers. The two-party system is an ongoing lie, and if we don't get the Independents a spot in the National Debate forums, we might as well just say we have ONE party.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>One thing on self-righteousness... last week when my wife shared her story from 1999 on she gave all credit to God. Of course she was speaking at our church so it was well received
By 'well received', did you mean everybody bought it? I get why you're so invested in homosexuality being 'curable', but frankly, I believe the same creative force created everybody....and there are far to many homosexuals, for their creation to have been some cosmic mistake. JMO.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>but the few times I've been witness to anyone in public life even daring to bring up God its often called self-righteousness. What I think I hear many saying is some wish the Christians would just go away, I won't but if the rnc died on the vine I wouldn't miss a bit of sleep over it.
Let me say that I'm truly sorry, if I've made you think I wish Christians would just 'go away', Chris. I don't. Many of the people I love, deeply, identify as Christians. Most of my family, and not a few of my friends, are quite vocal about their religious views, and we have had some spirited debates - but we don't hate each other, sir. I must tell you, that your willingness to call dissent 'hate' is unsettling. At least, I beg you to consider, that you see what you want to see, from a sense of persecution, with regard to non-Christians being ANTI-Christians. Most of your assertions about this sort of thing, indicate aspirations to martyrdom.
Again, JMO.
I hope your day is going well.
:)

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#175656 Mar 9, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Lyndi and I agree on a whole lotta things. I don't have any problem at all with most of her politics. It's her delivery that rankles, not her points. I probably need to look in a few mirrors, in that regard.(Just ask Bob.) On the other hand, "We're born that way," as the opening statement in a national dialogue about racism in America...well, I can't do that with her...I simply can't.
<quoted text>To my mind,'middle of the road' means fiscal conservatism, and social liberalism, in the same political stance. And, as Willie is so fond of pointing out, the middle has skewed so far to the right, that the current President's policies are indistinguishable from his predecessor's. Face it, if the left was REALLY IN CHARGE, would we be having this radical conversation? Hell, no! You and I'd have been rounded up into camps, or exterminated, long ago.
Who, exactly, would round up and put you and Chris into camps?

If this was said with a straight face with even a shadow of conviction, you have provided a great example of how skewed political conversation has become.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175657 Mar 9, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the update,btw:)
Here's an article from the site in question:
http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-08/news/48...
Just a passin' thru... have a Great Day - All...
Indeed. Make it a good one bro.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175658 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>Lyndi and I agree on a whole lotta things. I don't have any problem at all with most of her politics. It's her delivery that rankles, not her points. I probably need to look in a few mirrors, in that regard.(Just ask Bob.) On the other hand, "We're born that way," as the opening statement in a national dialogue about racism in America...well, I can't do that with her...I simply can't.
<quoted text>To my mind,'middle of the road' means fiscal conservatism, and social liberalism, in the same political stance. And, as Willie is so fond of pointing out, the middle has skewed so far to the right, that the current President's policies are indistinguishable from his predecessor's. Face it, if the left was REALLY IN CHARGE, would we be having this radical conversation? Hell, no! You and I'd have been rounded up into camps, or exterminated, long ago.
<quoted text> So did I - and Benghazi was just a symptom of an insidious disease, spread by BOTH carriers. The two-party system is an ongoing lie, and if we don't get the Independents a spot in the National Debate forums, we might as well just say we have ONE party.
<quoted text>By 'well received', did you mean everybody bought it? I get why you're so invested in homosexuality being 'curable', but frankly, I believe the same creative force created everybody....and there are far to many homosexuals, for their creation to have been some cosmic mistake. JMO.
<quoted text>Let me say that I'm truly sorry, if I've made you think I wish Christians would just 'go away', Chris. I don't. Many of the people I love, deeply, identify as Christians. Most of my family, and not a few of my friends, are quite vocal about their religious views, and we have had some spirited debates - but we don't hate each other, sir. I must tell you, that your willingness to call dissent 'hate' is unsettling. At least, I beg you to consider, that you see what you want to see, from a sense of persecution, with regard to non-Christians being ANTI-Christians. Most of your assertions about this sort of thing, indicate aspirations to martyrdom.
Again, JMO.
I hope your day is going well.
No worry here. As far as my wife goes we wouldn't put it that way. In fact when she did become a Christian she was not part of any church or mission that set out to cure her. She was at the time more concerned with the drugs she did daily and that it would bring her to a quick end. Again I do have to say we don't see any difference from a person that is a bad drunk and then finding God and never drinking again. And no I wouldn't think of you or really anyone in particular when I speak out of the rnc. More like much of its leadership I think if they were honest would love many Christians to piss off. When I lived in DC I'd say many in power feel the same way of so called southern folks. Take care.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175659 Mar 9, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Who, exactly, would round up and put you and Chris into camps?
If this was said with a straight face with even a shadow of conviction, you have provided a great example of how skewed political conversation has become.
Ok Wildman, let me ask you something. In the time I've been posting here is just a bit of what I've heard concerning some on the right, many times Christians. "Waste of flesh" "Like air pollution" "Cavemen" cave dwellers" "Christards" "Retards" "Stains on society" "Evil" "Have no place the state of New York" The last one was btw from Governor Andrew Cuomo. If he got his way what happens to people he hates and would like removed from New York? I wouldn't go as far a Sister because I've lived in Tennessee for many years. Long before people that say in word and deed they do hate a good part of the population we would be in another civil war.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175660 Mar 9, 2014
And yes btw I do think when a sitting governor says to a good part of the citizens you have no place here hate is the right word. Hate is the only word that fits.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#175661 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Wildman, let me ask you something. In the time I've been posting here is just a bit of what I've heard concerning some on the right, many times Christians. "Waste of flesh" "Like air pollution" "Cavemen" cave dwellers" "Christards" "Retards" "Stains on society" "Evil" "Have no place the state of New York" The last one was btw from Governor Andrew Cuomo. If he got his way what happens to people he hates and would like removed from New York? I wouldn't go as far a Sister because I've lived in Tennessee for many years. Long before people that say in word and deed they do hate a good part of the population we would be in another civil war.
Are you seriously asking me if I think Cuomo's 'have no place the state of New York' means he wants to run extreme conservatives out of the state?

If you are, I'd have to wonder why. I mean, unless you're looking for and really want to find that in his words, common sense alone would tell you he's rejecting the ideas of extreme conservatives, not daydreaming about expelling them from the state.

So ... since you appear to be seriously asking me that - the answer is of course not. That's downright silly.

I won't even touch the crap about who he 'hates', because nothing I can say can teach you the real meaning and use of the word. You use the word incorrectly as a synonym for 'doesn't agree with me' so often that it has literally no meaning when you use it. It's like the obligatory bow on the present, the icing on the cake, the maraschino cherry on the sundae.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#175662 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
And yes btw I do think when a sitting governor says to a good part of the citizens you have no place here hate is the right word. Hate is the only word that fits.
You use the word hate the way Al Sharpton uses the word racism.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#175663 Mar 9, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you seriously asking me if I think Cuomo's 'have no place the state of New York' means he wants to run extreme conservatives out of the state?
If you are, I'd have to wonder why. I mean, unless you're looking for and really want to find that in his words, common sense alone would tell you he's rejecting the ideas of extreme conservatives, not daydreaming about expelling them from the state.
So ... since you appear to be seriously asking me that - the answer is of course not. That's downright silly.
I won't even touch the crap about who he 'hates', because nothing I can say can teach you the real meaning and use of the word. You use the word incorrectly as a synonym for 'doesn't agree with me' so often that it has literally no meaning when you use it. It's like the obligatory bow on the present, the icing on the cake, the maraschino cherry on the sundae.
When I first started posing in topix a few years ago one of the first forums for me was in the abortion forums. I didn't stick around long because I quickly found it pointless. But long before I ever came here I was and still am very active in a mission in the real world. You are right I know what hate is and the governor was quite specific in his words. Now that its been broadcast he "misspoke", didn't mean it, meant elected officials ect. It isn't silly and its too bad he won't stand on it now. No doubt in my mind most times elected people like Cuomo, like McCain when calling people "hobbits and wacko birds" usually are better at guarding the words they speak. It doesn't matter to me what you call it Willie, its sad to see people called to serve the people spit on them instead with they we know better mindset.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#175664 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first started posing in topix a few years ago one of the first forums for me was in the abortion forums. I didn't stick around long because I quickly found it pointless. But long before I ever came here I was and still am very active in a mission in the real world. You are right I know what hate is and the governor was quite specific in his words. Now that its been broadcast he "misspoke", didn't mean it, meant elected officials ect. It isn't silly and its too bad he won't stand on it now. No doubt in my mind most times elected people like Cuomo, like McCain when calling people "hobbits and wacko birds" usually are better at guarding the words they speak. It doesn't matter to me what you call it Willie, its sad to see people called to serve the people spit on them instead with they we know better mindset.
If you see hate in Cuomo's words, then I don't think you do know what hate is.

You consistently accuse anyone who disagrees with you of harboring hatred - for your politics, for your religion, or both.

If you see hate in Cuomo's words, I'd suggest you listen to some of the speeches by people acceptable to the extreme conservatives he spoke of. If you bother to stop and think about it, you'll know that they are just as rough on people that they don't agree with as Cuomo is. Some of them play the hate card too, every time somebody says something they don't like.

Of course, before you can stop to think about it you'd have to quit cheering them on, Chris.

My guess is that Cuomo hates as much as you do.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175665 Mar 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how doggedly you cling to that persecution mind-set and jam every experience thru it like a sausage-maker. Some people just really, really, Really need to turn off the news. You don't process it well. It ain't good for ya.

I almost wish you'd get your Republican president so you could go back to sleep for a couple years.

Almost.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#175666 Mar 9, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Who, exactly, would round up and put you and Chris into camps?
Stalin comes to mind....unless you want to assert that his was a right-leaning regime.

But no, I wasn't saying it with a straight face.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#175667 Mar 9, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how doggedly you cling to that persecution mind-set and jam every experience thru it like a sausage-maker. Some people just really, really, Really need to turn off the news. You don't process it well. It ain't good for ya.
I almost wish you'd get your Republican president so you could go back to sleep for a couple years.
Almost.
Chris Christie?

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#175668 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>Stalin comes to mind....unless you want to assert that his was a right-leaning regime.
But no, I wasn't saying it with a straight face.
No, Stalin wasn't a right leaning regime.

However, Stalin - like Generalissimo Francisco Franco - is still dead.

;-)
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175669 Mar 9, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, Stalin wasn't a right leaning regime.

However, Stalin - like Generalissimo Francisco Franco - is still dead.
;-)
Ah! It's so good to hear his condition is stable....
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#175670 Mar 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Christie?
No off-ramps in the blue states? uhmmm...yeah, I think we might could work with that.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175671 Mar 9, 2014
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how doggedly you cling to that persecution mind-set and jam every experience thru it like a sausage-maker. Some people just really, really, Really need to turn off the news. You don't process it well. It ain't good for ya.
Almost.
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! It's so good to hear his condition is stable.....
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
No off-ramps in the blue states? uhmmm...yeah, I think we might could work with that..
So along with Topix truth detective, wordsmith and savant, we can now add psychologist, prognosticator, provocateur, and comedian. With this impressive list of artful skills, Mr
Gnosis, it's easy to see how you can be so beloved in your central Illinois community.
Especially when one also considers that you are head of household (symbolic or not), and chief breadwinner.

What other talents do you have, that you've not yet revealed to the thread? Volunteer firefighter? Police Commissioner? Mayor? Superhero?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min USA Born 550,966
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min KiMare 96,454
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 753,752
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min andet1987 4,841
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 23 min andet1987 1,204
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min lil whispers 602,854
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 31 min andet1987 4,339
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Dr_Zorderz 262,091
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE