Bush is a hero

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#175602 Mar 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wooops, sorry.
From your user name and fractured English I believed you to be of Slavic descent, Czech
or possibly Russian.
It's not too late to go back and learn proper English ya know. You don't even hafta leave
your house, thanks to online classes and/or personal tutors. And who knows, your idol
Barry The Magnificent will probably pay for it.
Nebka is the birth name of an Ancient Egyptian king (pharaoh) who ruled during the 3rd dynasty of the Old Kingdom. He is thought to be identical with the Hellenized name form Necherophes (by Manetho). Nebka is one of the most disputed kings of the Old Kingdom, since his name is handed down as cartouche name only, but is preserved always in the same typographical way. And because the sources for the name “Nebka” are that numerous, this ruler is seen as a historically important figure.
When I was looking for a user name I wanted one that other people never used and being interested in Ancient Egyptian culture I found his name.

Going back to school at 50 to old to do that

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#175603 Mar 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody in their right mind will have ANY interest in discussing ANYthing with a sorry POS
like you that starts out flinging mucus from her bitchmobile.
Especially not someone who has nothing but 'we're born that way' to contribute to a conversation about racists, and racism.

Pffft.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175604 Mar 7, 2014
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Going back to school at 50 to old to do that.
Hardly. At least thousands of people over 50 return to school, usually since their children have grown and moved, along with numerous other commitments freed up. And that's just here in the US alone.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#175605 Mar 7, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. At least thousands of people over 50 return to school, usually since their children have grown and moved, along with numerous other commitments freed up. And that's just here in the US alone.
Can't afford it. Now if you want to talk about astronomy / history i did well in those subjects.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#175606 Mar 7, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>By running a candidate they can vote FOR, rather than against.. By getting the social conservatism out of the platform. And by ceasing to seek the restriction of civil rights, as a party. That stuff's gotta GO if R's are to have a hope of recapturing the vote.
This is why I posted some time back I do feel this nation is over, at least as its been known from its founding. The last two elections I've heard much lip service to rights, and many that I must have missed now being included by our younger folks. Right to so called "free housing" Right to a "free education" Right to a "free internet" Right to a job that pays a living wage. And little to nothing about the actual rights that we do have pissed on by Obama and gang. 1st Amendment, shredded under him. 2nd check. 4th check. Have to agree on one point. Most in this nation have proved they are more than happy to vote for the guy that can slow jam and have good optics. We get the government we deserve. Watch out for that drone.

Safety Harbor, FL

#175607 Mar 7, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>For clarification, is the Chevy Chase/Richard Pryor word association skit racist? Are they and people who laugh at this racists?
http://screen.yahoo.com/word-association-0000...
How about Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood as Santa?
http://screen.yahoo.com/mister-robinsons-neig...
I know it wasn't to me but I found that snl skit racist. Not sure I would call people that laughed at it racist, guessing I was about 6 when it aired and the times you've lived though I have not. More like a way to release built up tension. Now I do find this funny:

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#175608 Mar 7, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I posted some time back I do feel this nation is over, at least as its been known from its founding. The last two elections I've heard much lip service to rights, and many that I must have missed now being included by our younger folks. Right to so called "free housing" Right to a "free education" Right to a "free internet" Right to a job that pays a living wage. And little to nothing about the actual rights that we do have pissed on by Obama and gang. 1st Amendment, shredded under him. 2nd check. 4th check. Have to agree on one point. Most in this nation have proved they are more than happy to vote for the guy that can slow jam and have good optics. We get the government we deserve. Watch out for that drone.
Woe is you.

Safety Harbor, FL

#175609 Mar 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Wrong as usual. You must think because in this forum I point out that the President you are so proud of that targets people like me it defines me, it does not. As long as I can speak I will point out how worthless his words are, how he does not have a very transparent administration, how this debt we keep ringing up is screwing everyone, how the propaganda campaign may one day end many of our civil rights (especially the 2nd amendment) just to name a few. But we live on. Going to have a great day Sat starting with a walk on the beach at sunrise. Ta ta.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175610 Mar 7, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it wasn't to me but I found that snl skit racist. Not sure I would call people that laughed at it racist, guessing I was about 6 when it aired and the times you've lived though I have not. More like a way to release built up tension. Now I do find this funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_akwHYMdbsMXX
I didn't think the skits were racist. I don't think it's so much what I've lived through as my personal taste in comedy.

My taste is edgier (or crass or crude, if you want) than what some like. I like Bill Cosby - but I also like Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy's comedy, which Bill didn't.

I see a difference between racial humor and racist humor. Racial humor plays with stereotypes; racist humor perpetuates them.

The problem is that there's no clear line marking where one ends and the other starts.

Of course, if you don't agree with me about what's funny and what's not, well, then, you're wrong.

:)

Safety Harbor, FL

#175611 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>By running a candidate they can vote FOR, rather than against.. By getting the social conservatism out of the platform. And by ceasing to seek the restriction of civil rights, as a party. That stuff's gotta GO if R's are to have a hope of recapturing the vote.
Should add I meant many people have now said a college education should be free and a right. Some states have done that via the lottery, Ga. comes to mind. Here is a good example a person that is a living example of what they insist they are entitled to.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/06/re...

Safety Harbor, FL

#175612 Mar 7, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think the skits were racist. I don't think it's so much what I've lived through as my personal taste in comedy.
My taste is edgier (or crass or crude, if you want) than what some like. I like Bill Cosby - but I also like Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy's comedy, which Bill didn't.
I see a difference between racial humor and racist humor. Racial humor plays with stereotypes; racist humor perpetuates them.
The problem is that there's no clear line marking where one ends and the other starts.
Of course, if you don't agree with me about what's funny and what's not, well, then, you're wrong.
:)
Indeed. Pepsi/Sprite. Wife likes
Sprite I like Pepsi. Guess what's in the fridge lol.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#175613 Mar 7, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in the early 20th Century, the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory in New York caught fire and 145 workers, mostly women, were killed because the owners refused to install safety features and locked employees in. This tragedy brought attention to sweatshop conditions that led to laws to protect workers ..

.. today, you'd probably say these laws were vital but at the time there was widespread descension, especially among business owners and the upper class. Poor people feared for their jobs and dreaded the prospect of going hungry ..

.. you bitch and moan that America is pitching laws that discriminate and adding common sense laws that you disagree with. We're getting closer to what our forefathers envisioned and no longer allowing religious organizations to dictate how our country is run ..

.. history proves that the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory catastrophe could have been averted if government wasn't looking after business interests. It's my contention that the very same situation exists today and people are deaf, blind and dumb. Do we need another BP or Iraq War? This time we're wagering the planet ..

P.S. Woe is you.

Safety Harbor, FL

#175614 Mar 7, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in the early 20th Century, the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory in New York caught fire and 145 workers, mostly women, were killed because the owners refused to install safety features and locked employees in. This tragedy brought attention to sweatshop conditions that led to laws to protect workers ..
.. today, you'd probably say these laws were vital but at the time there was widespread descension, especially among business owners and the upper class. Poor people feared for their jobs and dreaded the prospect of going hungry ..
.. you bitch and moan that America is pitching laws that discriminate and adding common sense laws that you disagree with. We're getting closer to what our forefathers envisioned and no longer allowing religious organizations to dictate how our country is run ..
.. history proves that the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory catastrophe could have been averted if government wasn't looking after business interests. It's my contention that the very same situation exists today and people are deaf, blind and dumb. Do we need another BP or Iraq War? This time we're wagering the planet ..
P.S. Woe is you.
I bitch and moan that our laws no longer mean a thing. Take a memo, the dear leader has a pen and phone or so he says. Pass all the laws you want when you decide who gets to obey them and who gets a pass you don't have America anymore. And talk about moaning do you know where Obama is spending his well earned vacation right now?

Safety Harbor, FL

#175615 Mar 7, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. Woe is you.
P.S. Get something new hypocrite. Or not, life is good here.

Location hidden

#175616 Mar 7, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Should add I meant many people have now said a college education should be free and a right. Some states have done that via the lottery, Ga. comes to mind. Here is a good example a person that is a living example of what they insist they are entitled to.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/06/re...
For what it's worth, Chris, that little twit disgusts me too.

As far as rights go, I agree that Obama's administration has shredded them - but that's not the platform he ran on, is it.

Republicans MUST STOP going after rights they don't agree others should have. The rights to freedom from religion, medical autonomy, and marriage, come to mind.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/oklahoma-la...

Location hidden

#175617 Mar 7, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
It can be difficult to have a frank discussion about race.
A high school friend of mine - we once got stopped and taken to a police station because a black guy and a white guy in a car together was suspicious to some in the 60s - went on to become a minister at a church, not inner city/slum neighborhood but on the fringe and crumbling.
We stayed in touch through the years. In the mid 90s I happened to see him on television twice in the span of a couple of months. The first time he was decrying the lack of police protection near his church. The second time he was decrying the fact that in the course of a shootout with (and begun by) gang members, an innocent bystander was shot and killed, and he blamed the police.
Next time I saw him I asked him about that, if he didn't see at least some inconsistency in the two statements.
His initial response was to challenge my 'racist' views.
Now, we got past it and stayed friends without a whole lot of strain - but I'll be damned if I ever brought up anything like that with him again.
It could very well be that the sort of thing I'm talking about here is what Lyndi's talking about - at least, that's what I'd like to think.
So he initially wanted more police protection, and when he got more police presence, blamed the police for the bystander's death, right?

Why?

Perhaps your friend didn't believe, the second time, that the police were there to protect him...or innocent bystanders, for that matter. Perhaps he believed that the police were there to control him, and everyone else.

It's not a belief without merit. And I can imagine that your inquiry as to inconsistencies, put him on the defensive, because you could have just asked him why he thought .... whatever it was he thought....instead, he may have perceived an accusation of racism, himself, and been affronted. Wouldn't you be? Merited or not?

Location hidden

#175618 Mar 7, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I bitch and moan that our laws no longer mean a thing. Take a memo, the dear leader has a pen and phone or so he says. Pass all the laws you want when you decide who gets to obey them and who gets a pass you don't have America anymore. And talk about moaning do you know where Obama is spending his well earned vacation right now?
Our laws mean EVERYTHING, Chris. They're the only thing we have, between utter chaos, and the perception of order.

The thing is, laws which are being overturned and declared invalid, are the ones you wanted to keep, and some which are being proposed and adopted, are the ones you resent the intrusion of. It's not that we don't have meaningful laws....you're just not happy with what they mean.

In a lot of cases, neither am I - we even seem to agree on a few to be unhappy about. But you can't bear to be happy about some things which really plant my garden, and I feel the same way about some things which truly peel your banana.

C'est la vie.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175619 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>So he initially wanted more police protection, and when he got more police presence, blamed the police for the bystander's death, right?
Why?
Perhaps your friend didn't believe, the second time, that the police were there to protect him...or innocent bystanders, for that matter. Perhaps he believed that the police were there to control him, and everyone else.
It's not a belief without merit. And I can imagine that your inquiry as to inconsistencies, put him on the defensive, because you could have just asked him why he thought .... whatever it was he thought....instead, he may have perceived an accusation of racism, himself, and been affronted. Wouldn't you be? Merited or not?
The police were there in response to demands from the community for increased protection.

Since he was one of the ones who demanded it, since he and other community leaders were meeting with them regularly, he KNEW that. He wanted them there. He'd asked for them to be there. He gave the 2nd interview on television at a reporter's request after listening to community rumors for a day (maybe two) and before he'd even talked to his police contacts.

So no ... I don't think he believed the police were there to "control him, and his community". I think it would have been a belief without merit in these circumstances. This wasn't stop and frisk or excessive enforcement of nuisance laws or any of the things that give credibility to those charges once in a while - far less often than they are raised, imo.

It does sound like something we might have told each other at one time, though. We would have firmly resolved to go do something about it, just as soon as we listened to the rest of this album, and maybe one more. And established world peace, impeached Nixon, and ...

I didn't raise the issue with him as abruptly or accusatory as I made it sound here, and it was the kind of thing we'd talked to and challenged each other about for 30+ years. His reaction was disproportionate to the question I posed to him, and as I think I said in a later post - he was profusely apologetic about it.

Would I have done the same? Knowing what he was going through at the time, it's entirely possible. The way he did it? That I'm not sure about.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#175620 Mar 7, 2014
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't afford it. Now if you want to talk about astronomy / history i did well in those subjects.
Nearly did not graduate from HS, but I guess English saved my bacon. Hated history, as it was all boring medieval reading, and astronomy was too far out. Geometry was square, and biology was gross. Spanish class was foreign to me, and I was lost in geography. So really, being the class clown almost cost me a diploma.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#175621 Mar 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Worthless troll is YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 110,294
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min President Don J T... 675,623
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,080
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Ronald 28
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 3 hr handsomebrady 26
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 16
More from around the web