Bush is a hero

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#175276 Feb 28, 2014
My last post doesn't mean I am an expert on the catholic church, it was in response to lisw assertion that if you are not catholic....then you have no ground to speak on it. It's Howard Cosell of "jockocracy" applied to religion. I know willie will pick me apart for doing the same thing(funny that I always get called on that first) but I do it so the other person can see how absurd their assertions are by reflecting their own light right back on them..

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175277 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Since you read the exchange between lisw and I enough to find that, you should have also read that she's taking a break from the thread for personal reasons.
To me, that's a sign to drop this stuff until she returns.
Just a suggestion.
It can be the first thing she reads when she gets back, I may not be here the day she returns and bobby boy will jump me for being off topic when I do....., so why wait? YOU should know that by now unless you are willfully blind......

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175278 Feb 28, 2014
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be the first thing she reads when she gets back, I may not be here the day she returns and bobby boy will jump me for being off topic when I do....., so why wait? YOU should know that by now unless you are willfully blind......
Isn't it more a question of basic human decency?

Compared to "heavy duty personal stuff" this is cheaper than penny-ante - hardly worth storing and picking up again later. There will always be SOMETHING to bicker about.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175280 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it more a question of basic human decency?
Compared to "heavy duty personal stuff" this is cheaper than penny-ante - hardly worth storing and picking up again later. There will always be SOMETHING to bicker about.
You have your right to your opinion but recognize it is just that, as does anyone who posts here. You have a lot of nerve trying to make it a point of "human decency", I see very little regard for human decency on this thread much of the time.

Talk about having a chip on your shoulder, your's is so obvious that it does not require further elaboration.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175281 Feb 28, 2014
" I know willie will pick me apart for doing the same thing(funny that I always get called on that first)"~YSS
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it more a question of basic human decency?
You're so predictable.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175282 Feb 28, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, ya gotta consider the source. This reminds me of the time, there was a conversation about the Tea Party. Someone flatly stated there were no racists in the TP. I noted that the front page of one of their websites showed a guy holding one of those home-made art projects that said something uplifting - I think it was "The Zoo Has An African Lion, and the White House Has a Lyin’ African," with accompanying artwork appropriate to the subject, complete with a witch doctor-looking Obama with nose bones and the whole getup. I mentioned that I didn't think the TP as a group were racist, but putting that on a front page, it sure didn't seem like you could say there was none at all.
Well, you can imagine - just like you got called a homophobe for pointing out an uncomfortable fact, likewise I was called a racist for pointing out this one.
It's the nature of the beast. Ya just gotta roll with it.
This may not come out right because it's an egg walk topic, but off the cliff I go anyway!
I'd yell 'Geronimo' but I don't want to insult some native American who happened to just mosey in here and unwittingly drive them into a government subsidized, taxpayer provided, hurt feelings therapy program, for the rest of their lives..........

And yes Hip, that was a direct, intentional and mocking potshot at democrats.
===

FACT: Very few people choose to be racist; relishing and glorifying and exaggerating it, as with the example you just gave, yet millions of Americans suffer from varying degrees of racism. Most of it is under the radar because decent people are naturally ashamed of their feelings, so their way of managing those feelings, is to overcompensate and/or provide lip service for it. The 'fake it,'til you make it', plan isn't working. Their problem, America's problem, THE problem, persists.

I think the millions of people who harbor less than favorable views of blacks as a whole, have their reasons and until or unless America starts to address those reasons in a brutally honest dialogue, there is no end in sight. Silencing viewpoints, is the liberals #1 obnoxious method of stopping >all <their critics but it never does anything to fix a problem. All that does is drive very real issues underground where they're kept at a perpetual simmer.

Instead of telling people to stop being racist, sounding racist, acting racist.... America needs to find out why people ARE racist and find out if there is any validity and justification to those very real feelings. It occurs to me that the only ones who have carte blanche to honestly address those issues have to be black or in a minority and that is the first thing which needs to change. I'm of the opinion that when reality fits the less than stellar and unflattering stereotypes, the group on the receiving end of the "ism's" just might need to accept some collective responsibility for it and consider making some changes. The liberal solutions; affirmative action, throwing gazillions of $$$$'s their way decade, after decade, after decade and suggesting critics shut-up and stop feeling the way they do, isn't a fix. It's nothing more than a stupid band aid and a bigger band aid isn't the answer.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175283 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
You have your right to your opinion but recognize it is just that, as does anyone who posts here. You have a lot of nerve trying to make it a point of "human decency", I see very little regard for human decency on this thread much of the time.
Talk about having a chip on your shoulder, your's is so obvious that it does not require further elaboration.
Oh, how clever.

You saw that I used the phrase 'chip on your shoulder' and you're trying to turn it back on me. Why, you even snorted, stamped your little foot, and declared that there's no need for further discussion because my chip is so obvious!

I'm truly impressed - in awe of your prowess and all that and all that. That's like, majorly clever, even better than informing me that my opinion is just my opinion.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175284 Feb 28, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
This may not come out right because it's an egg walk topic, but off the cliff I go anyway!
I'd yell 'Geronimo' but I don't want to insult some native American who happened to just mosey in here and unwittingly drive them into a government subsidized, taxpayer provided, hurt feelings therapy program, for the rest of their lives..........
And yes Hip, that was a direct, intentional and mocking potshot at democrats.
===
FACT: Very few people choose to be racist; relishing and glorifying and exaggerating it, as with the example you just gave, yet millions of Americans suffer from varying degrees of racism. Most of it is under the radar because decent people are naturally ashamed of their feelings, so their way of managing those feelings, is to overcompensate and/or provide lip service for it. The 'fake it,'til you make it', plan isn't working. Their problem, America's problem, THE problem, persists.
I think the millions of people who harbor less than favorable views of blacks as a whole, have their reasons and until or unless America starts to address those reasons in a brutally honest dialogue, there is no end in sight. Silencing viewpoints, is the liberals #1 obnoxious method of stopping >all <their critics but it never does anything to fix a problem. All that does is drive very real issues underground where they're kept at a perpetual simmer.
Instead of telling people to stop being racist, sounding racist, acting racist.... America needs to find out why people ARE racist and find out if there is any validity and justification to those very real feelings. It occurs to me that the only ones who have carte blanche to honestly address those issues have to be black or in a minority and that is the first thing which needs to change. I'm of the opinion that when reality fits the less than stellar and unflattering stereotypes, the group on the receiving end of the "ism's" just might need to accept some collective responsibility for it and consider making some changes. The liberal solutions; affirmative action, throwing gazillions of $$$$'s their way decade, after decade, after decade and suggesting critics shut-up and stop feeling the way they do, isn't a fix. It's nothing more than a stupid band aid and a bigger band aid isn't the answer.
Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Is that the definition of racism you're using?

It's not a trick or smart ass question. Much of your post seems to be talking about cultural things rather than actual biological/genetic characteristics of a particular race that make them inferior to another race or races.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175285 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, how clever.
You saw that I used the phrase 'chip on your shoulder' and you're trying to turn it back on me. Why, you even snorted, stamped your little foot, and declared that there's no need for further discussion because my chip is so obvious!
I'm truly impressed - in awe of your prowess and all that and all that. That's like, majorly clever, even better than informing me that my opinion is just my opinion.
I stand by what I said. Any fool can see it.....
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Now you've done it, LittleWillie doesn't like to be talked down. It bruises his superiority complex. LOL

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#175286 Feb 28, 2014
Yellow Stream is Back wrote:
" I know willie will pick me apart for doing the same thing(funny that I always get called on that first)"~YSS
<quoted text>
You're so predictable.
Wouldn't a Jimmy Carter Avatar, be more in step with your ideologies, lefty? <¦-o

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175287 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
I stand by what I said. Any fool can see it.....
<quoted text>
You're a pathetic little twit, YSS.

You're having a hissy because I suggested you drop a petty argument when someone takes a break from the thread for personal reasons.

To support that hissy, you quote a poster who thinks (175257) that "it was blatantly obvious that he was linking the Catholic Church to pedophilia" by bringing up the Frontline piece - a bogus notion that I was arguing against.

That in your frustration you and he would find common ground to lash out at me does not surprise me. I've been saying all along I thought the two of you were quite alike.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175288 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Is that the definition of racism you're using?
It's not a trick or smart ass question. Much of your post seems to be talking about cultural things rather than actual biological/genetic characteristics of a particular race that make them inferior to another race or races.
Here's my Little Miss Smarty Pants retort.

The definition you provided: "Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races", was at one time correct. It no longer is.

Democrats/liberals, by virtue of calling anyone and everyone a "racist" who dared to disagree with their ideology, has changed that. Therefore, since your wing of American politics has altered the definition of racism to suit their needs and "furthering their agenda" (and pardon the flogging of THAT particular phrase,) I suggest you apply it that way. The party you most identify with, has forever changed the proper definition. It's in stone, Willie.
We all got the memo. I can't understand what happened to yours..

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175289 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're a pathetic little twi
Back at ya, slick.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175290 Feb 28, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't a Jimmy Carter Avatar, be more in step with your ideologies, lefty? <¦-o
No, but I did change it to something more appropriate to my ideologies.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175291 Feb 28, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my Little Miss Smarty Pants retort.
The definition you provided: "Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races", was at one time correct. It no longer is.
Democrats/liberals, by virtue of calling anyone and everyone a "racist" who dared to disagree with their ideology, has changed that. Therefore, since your wing of American politics has altered the definition of racism to suit their needs and "furthering their agenda" (and pardon the flogging of THAT particular phrase,) I suggest you apply it that way. The party you most identify with, has forever changed the proper definition. It's in stone, Willie.
We all got the memo. I can't understand what happened to yours..
So my assigned position is to defend the liberal position as you define it, never mind what MY opinions are.

Is that about right?

You're correct. There are some on my side who cry racism at the drop of a hat. I'm as responsible for that as you are for those on your side who believe that blacks are genetically inferior to whites.

(And yes, in truth I know that the former is a tactic which can be used by both sides, the latter is at best a misguided belief held without respect to ideology.).

That's too bad. I almost thought you wanted to spark an actual discussion. I suspected your motives, which is why I asked about the definition you were using.

It turns out you just want to rant about liberals.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#175292 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're a pathetic little twit, YSS.
You're having a hissy because I suggested you drop a petty argument when someone takes a break from the thread for personal reasons.
To support that hissy, you quote a poster who thinks (175257) that "it was blatantly obvious that he was linking the Catholic Church to pedophilia" by bringing up the Frontline piece - a bogus notion that I was arguing against.
That in your frustration you and he would find common ground to lash out at me does not surprise me. I've been saying all along I thought the two of you were quite alike.
Talk about hissy fits, you are the master as evidence by your repeated whining about the content of my posts when they are not favorable too you.

If you didn't try so hard to appear balanced on a slanted platform you wouldn't have so many problems. You are the Juan Williams of this thread....and that is probably giving you more credit than you deserve and Juan less credit than he deserves.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175293 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
"bobby boy" doesn't place that much importance on your blabbering. Not only is it boring beyond reason, but immature and counter-productive.

Slap yourself in the face hard, wake up and start posting "decent" msgs in here or remain
a pariah. A large % of msgs in here are off-topic, posted by several others and myself, mainly during (but not limited to) slow news days.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#175294 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So my assigned position is to defend the liberal position as you define it, never mind what MY opinions are.
Is that about right?
You're correct. There are some on my side who cry racism at the drop of a hat. I'm as responsible for that as you are for those on your side who believe that blacks are genetically inferior to whites.
(And yes, in truth I know that the former is a tactic which can be used by both sides, the latter is at best a misguided belief held without respect to ideology.).
That's too bad. I almost thought you wanted to spark an actual discussion. I suspected your motives, which is why I asked about the definition you were using.
Lyndi wrote:
Most of it is under the radar because decent people are naturally ashamed of their feelings, so their way of managing those feelings, is to overcompensate and/or provide lip service for it. The 'fake it,'til you make it', plan isn't working. Their problem, America's problem, THE problem, persists.
Instead of telling people to stop being racist, sounding racist, acting racist.... America needs to find out why people ARE racist and find out if there is any validity and justification to those very real feelings.
Very real issues, huh? Funny how she declines to identify them, even though she rails about the 'very real feelings' they've engendered, in those who "...harbor less than favorable views of blacks as a whole..." (She's sure they have their reasons.)

Sounds like an apologist position, to me "....gee, we feel like blacks as a whole are inferior, because of A through Z reasons, and we'd like to address this in a brutally honest way, by pointing out how all blacks are inferior in as many ways as possible - but they won't let us do it, and when we try they call us racist to shut us up."

Pardon me while I barf.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175295 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So my assigned position is to defend the liberal position as you define it, never mind what MY opinions are.
Is that about right?
"Some on your side?" My, my. Your ability to minimize and distort truth never disappoints.
It's remarkable, Willie. You're one of them and you don't even know who they are and the unctuous political strategies they employ en masse, totally alludes you. Amazing.
You'd make a fine ostrich.

And I did want to spark a discussion. And you know what I got? You, clinically examining and dissecting my use of the word > racism < when it was abundantly clear to anyone who's even mildly followed liberal politics for the last 5 years what I meant. You're not a stupid man but in order to deflect from uncomfortable subject matter, you do a real good imitation of one. Kudos.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#175296 Feb 28, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Very real issues, huh? Funny how she declines to identify them, even though she rails about the 'very real feelings' they've engendered, in those who "...harbor less than favorable views of blacks as a whole..." (She's sure they have their reasons.)
Sounds like an apologist position, to me "....gee, we feel like blacks as a whole are inferior, because of A through Z reasons, and we'd like to address this in a brutally honest way, by pointing out how all blacks are inferior in as many ways as possible - but they won't let us do it, and when we try they call us racist to shut us up."
Pardon me while I barf.
Zero to full blown bitch in just under 6 seconds.

Congratulations! That's your best time so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 min vanhalen 36
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Lbj 106,066
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min old school 650,043
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min ChromiuMan 6,078
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min old school 44,933
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Buck Crick 55,974
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web