Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#175252 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the problem Hip you believe that a liberal cannot have racism or homophobia ascribed to him. I may have jumped the gun on what he was trying to say in that post but I've known Yellow Star awhile. He commonly makes homophobic remarks yet because he's a liberal you and Willie buy his song and dance "I have gay friend blah blah and so I'm not homophobic." Phooey. I have done the battle with many like him that homosexuality is not a prerequisite for pedophilia nor is celibacy. As a matter of fact it is 90% so called heterosexual males, usually married ones, who are pedophiles.
1. Why drag me into your little snit here?

2. The fact that an individual suggests another person is gay as part of a discussion suggests immaturity, not necessarily homophobia. That goes for any of the early adolescents that engage in that kind of humor.

3. No matter how much you wish it true, I don't play the way you do. This isn't a team sport for me the way it is for you. I've repeatedly called YSS on that behavior, just about every time he pops back into the thread.

4. Unless you've got access to a super-duper-top-secret ignore button that the rest of us don't have, you must know that what YSS does every couple of months is done here multiple times a week (if not daily). Why are you so silent when it's not the liberal YSS targeting a con, if this is a matter of importance to you?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#175253 Feb 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>1. Why drag me into your little snit here?
2. The fact that an individual suggests another person is gay as part of a discussion suggests immaturity, not necessarily homophobia. That goes for any of the early adolescents that engage in that kind of humor.
3. No matter how much you wish it true, I don't play the way you do. This isn't a team sport for me the way it is for you. I've repeatedly called YSS on that behavior, just about every time he pops back into the thread.
4. Unless you've got access to a super-duper-top-secret ignore button that the rest of us don't have, you must know that what YSS does every couple of months is done here multiple times a week (if not daily). Why are you so silent when it's not the liberal YSS targeting a con, if this is a matter of importance to you?
I in general have taken YOUR advice to ignore the trolls. When I read what YSS said I did have an OMG reaction because it sure sounded like he was saying that homosexual priests are pedophiles. BTW if priests are homosexual who cares. They are supposed to be celibate so what's the difference.(I'm not saying they are all celibate being human homosexual and heterosexual priests alike succumb to temptation. Why is it important?
As far as bringing you into my "snit" as you call it, I mentioned your name. I won't do it again. Can I ask for the same courtesy?

Location hidden

#175254 Feb 27, 2014
I might add why does it make a difference if it is with consenting adults only.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#175256 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not embarrassed in the least. As I said Yellow Star has demonstrated a homophobic pattern. it was quite natural to think he was saying what I thought he was saying. I am merely giving him the benefit of the doubt.on one occasion. But it is quite true that liberals think they have a lock on caring about other people. Not true, not true at all. Ain't no dust there.
I've often wondered what a real psychologist would surmise from one who's continuous running theme is, "X thinks they're better then Y and Z.".........

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#175257 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the problem Hip you believe that a liberal cannot have racism or homophobia ascribed to him. I may have jumped the gun on what he was trying to say in that post but I've known Yellow Star awhile. He commonly makes homophobic remarks yet because he's a liberal you and Willie buy his song and dance "I have gay friend blah blah and so I'm not homophobic." Phooey. I have done the battle with many like him that homosexuality is not a prerequisite for pedophilia nor is celibacy. As a matter of fact it is 90% so called heterosexual males, usually married ones, who are pedophiles.
Let's cut the crap, you didn't jump the gun, it was blatantly obvious that he was linking the Catholic Church to pedophilia. Like most liberals, it's open season on all mainstream religions, that mandate a moral compass. The only exception is Islam, the liberal will carry Allah's water all day long.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#175258 Feb 27, 2014
Storm Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
arent you up past your bedtime?
Hey Fluffer! <¦-o

Location hidden

#175259 Feb 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I've often wondered what a real psychologist would surmise from one who's continuous running theme is, "X thinks they're better then Y and Z.".........
That doesn't even rate a reply.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175260 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I in general have taken YOUR advice to ignore the trolls. When I read what YSS said I did have an OMG reaction because it sure sounded like he was saying that homosexual priests are pedophiles. BTW if priests are homosexual who cares. They are supposed to be celibate so what's the difference.(I'm not saying they are all celibate being human homosexual and heterosexual priests alike succumb to temptation. Why is it important?
As far as bringing you into my "snit" as you call it, I mentioned your name. I won't do it again. Can I ask for the same courtesy?
Tell you what.

I promise not to combine your name with a self-serving theory about what you do or don't buy from a third party based the liberal and conservative teams into any future conversation, m'kay?

As to what the story was all about - I don't know. I didn't bring it up, I didn't watch it.

A quick Google search turned up some allegations that the Church was covering up homosexual ACTIVITY on the part of some priests. My guess is that they're not covering those up any more than they are heterosexual activity on the part of some priests, but given the Church's stand on homosexuality it's more salacious even before you get to the fact that some people, wrongly imo, do make a connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Location hidden

#175261 Feb 27, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's cut the crap, you didn't jump the gun, it was blatantly obvious that he was linking the Catholic Church to pedophilia. Like most liberals, it's open season on all mainstream religions, that mandate a moral compass. The only exception is Islam, the liberal will carry Allah's water all day long.
Let's face it. There has been rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church. I'm a Catholic and I must live with that fact. Worse yet, there has been a cover up. My issue is with people saying it is because of the priests are homosexual or because they are celibate. It doesn't relate.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#175262 Feb 27, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
arent you up past your bedtime?
No one's forcing you to be here. Look for the door with the big EXIT on top!

When you come back, bring the link showing where the Indians got their repeater rifles to
use against Custer. Remember I said they got some from trading posts and some from gun runners. It'll be up to you to show the gun runners were vengeful Civil War Rebs as you claimed a couple days ago.

Tic-tock tic-tock tic-tock tic-tock tic-tock tic-tock tic-tock..........

Location hidden

#175263 Feb 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what.
I promise not to combine your name with a self-serving theory about what you do or don't buy from a third party based the liberal and conservative teams into any future conversation, m'kay?
As to what the story was all about - I don't know. I didn't bring it up, I didn't watch it.
A quick Google search turned up some allegations that the Church was covering up homosexual ACTIVITY on the part of some priests. My guess is that they're not covering those up any more than they are heterosexual activity on the part of some priests, but given the Church's stand on homosexuality it's more salacious even before you get to the fact that some people, wrongly imo, do make a connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.
See I don't care what the Catholic church's so called stand is on homosexuality and I don't think you know what it is. As a catholic I know that each individual church takes a stand of its own. Mine does and I would not be there if it was homophobic. No a priest is not allowed to perform a marriage ceremony for a gay couple but that does not mean many gays are not Catholic. That is not just Catholic that is true of many churches.
I really have a problem with liberals way of thinking and acting. Does that make me a liberalphobic?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#175264 Feb 27, 2014
If Dems were not DESPERATE to retain the WH, AND the Senate,
AND grab the House if at all possible, one would think they'd be
embarassed to see their "leader" lying to the world, yet again.

But sure enough, Barry's handlers gave him the go-ahead to look into the camera and tell everyone that women in the workplace are getting
about 70 cents on the dollar for the same exact job that men do.

Investigations revealed that the number is much closer to 90 cents
on the dollar. From there, it was determined that more men are union members so will benefit from strict union guidelines. Men work longer hours and more days than women, and also do not require maternity leave. Those are the only reasons women are have not matched men dolar for dollar at the exact same job.

But because Dems need the women's vote to retain power, with the help of the lame stream media, Dems will portray Repubs as anti-women misogynists thru the midterm elections and the runup to 2016.

Likewise Dems will, with the willing help of the media, LIE to portray Repubs as racists (anti-black, anti-hispanic), & taking a stand against gay marriage translates to all Repubs are homophobic.

The liar in chief has to be stopped, beginning with the midterm elections. If that happens, there is some hope left for the US.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175265 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>See I don't care what the Catholic church's so called stand is on homosexuality and I don't think you know what it is. As a catholic I know that each individual church takes a stand of its own. Mine does and I would not be there if it was homophobic. No a priest is not allowed to perform a marriage ceremony for a gay couple but that does not mean many gays are not Catholic. That is not just Catholic that is true of many churches.
Getting kinda defensive here, aren't we?

Roman Catholic doctrine regarding homosexuality is well known and DOES NOT VARY from parish to parish.

Dat's a fact, and as a Roman Catholic you should know that.

How an individual parish treats gays attending mass ... I have no doubt that varies from place to place.

I'm confused as to WHY you're getting defensive, though, because I sure wasn't attacking or criticizing the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm sorry about that chip on your shoulder, though. That's gotta be uncomfortable.

Location hidden

#175266 Feb 27, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Getting kinda defensive here, aren't we?
Roman Catholic doctrine regarding homosexuality is well known and DOES NOT VARY from parish to parish.
How an individual parish treats gays attending mass ... I have no doubt that varies from place to place.
I'm confused as to WHY you're getting defensive, though, because I sure wasn't attacking or criticizing the Roman Catholic Church.
I'm sorry about that chip on your shoulder, though. That's gotta be uncomfortable.
It's a thing that only Catholics truly know. Don't you think that's true for most groups?
Look, I'll see you guys in a few weeks maybe. I'm going through some heavy duty personal stuff right now and it used to help me to come here and banter. But right now it's not. See you all later.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#175267 Feb 27, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's cut the crap, you didn't jump the gun, it was blatantly obvious that he was linking the Catholic Church to pedophilia. Like most liberals, it's open season on all mainstream religions, that mandate a moral compass. The only exception is Islam, the liberal will carry Allah's water all day long.
That's only 66% of the story USA. The other 33% involves a built-in propensity for using
spin to cover their remarks, especially when they backfire, as is usually the case. And some
of them are much better with the merry-go-round than others.

Once they get you on the carousel, they bring in help to spin it faster & faster to not only make you dizzy, but ensure that you're unable to jump off safely. Only reason I know about this is my experience with them on this thread since 2007.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175268 Feb 27, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It's a thing that only Catholics truly know. Don't you think that's true for most groups?
Look, I'll see you guys in a few weeks maybe. I'm going through some heavy duty personal stuff right now and it used to help me to come here and banter. But right now it's not. See you all later.
See you when you get back, and I hope things get better for you ASAP.

;-)

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#175269 Feb 28, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only 66% of the story USA. The other 33% involves a built-in propensity for using
spin to cover their remarks, especially when they backfire, as is usually the case. And some
of them are much better with the merry-go-round than others.
Once they get you on the carousel, they bring in help to spin it faster & faster to not only make you dizzy, but ensure that you're unable to jump off safely. Only reason I know about this is my experience with them on this thread since 2007.
So does that make LittleWillie a 'carny' then? LOL

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#175270 Feb 28, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Let's face it. There has been rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church. I'm a Catholic and I must live with that fact. Worse yet, there has been a cover up. My issue is with people saying it is because of the priests are homosexual or because they are celibate. It doesn't relate.
Maybe so, but that wasn't what Yellow Stream was insinuating.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175271 Feb 28, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Getting kinda defensive here, aren't we?

I'm sorry about that chip on your shoulder, though. That's gotta be uncomfortable
I'm looking for that defensive stance you stated exists within lisw's post below and frankly, I don't see it. Maybe you could underscore it for the readers. You can do that can't you?
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>See I don't care what the Catholic church's so called stand is on homosexuality and I don't think you know what it is. As a catholic I know that each individual church takes a stand of its own. Mine does and I would not be there if it was homophobic. No a priest is not allowed to perform a marriage ceremony for a gay couple but that does not mean many gays are not Catholic. That is not just Catholic that is true of many churches.
I really have a problem with liberals way of thinking and acting. Does that make me a liberalphobic?
While you're at it, please identify that chip as well. Thanks in advance.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#175272 Feb 28, 2014
bad bob wrote:
The liar in chief has to be stopped, beginning with the midterm elections. If that happens, there is some hope left for the US.
I'm predicting the balance of power will shift. I also think that nothing will stop this stagecoach from flipping at one or more curves up ahead on the trail.

This pissing contest has brought to light some serious fissures in the system. None that we didn't know existed mind you but I believe the cat fight on how to proceeds will be it's undoing.

Check please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Steve III 44,480
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Thinking 39,092
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Steve III 642,160
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Jack 213
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 970,214
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,794
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr Aussie Kev 1,756
More from around the web