Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174983 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>This is from the same guy who thinks the NSA, IRS, and Benghazi scandals are no big deal. Do you often use anger to get your way. This blow up along with the name calling just seems inappropriate to me.
Puts you kind of in the same category with those you disparage.
Obama shaking his finger at the Ukraine is meaningless and you know it. he did the same with Syria, even drew red lines and then went and played golf when it mattered. The infiltration of news stations is no less real than the IRS and NSA. You just want to look the other way. I don't blame you, but remember that control of the media is a surefire way of controlling the country. It's been done so many times
Never once said that "the NSA, IRS, and Benghazi scandals are no big deal". We have disagreed on what the scandals mean, but not the same thing as the view you've assigned me for your convenience.

I did insult the troll in the last post, but I did not mean to imply that I thought the same of you. My only point was that your convenient claim that I'm not posting out of embarrassment is as accurate as his detection of my communist agenda.

I asked you what you thought the US could do about Ukraine other than shake his finger. If you know of something he should be doing that he's not, please - say so. If not, what's your point?

As far as the survey goes ... yes, control of the media is a way to control a country, but I'm having a whole lot of trouble envisioning this survey as the first step down that road. To see it that way requires so many assumptions that I just don't think it's plausible.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174984 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Ooh-ooh, you are so powerful. Lyndi's probably surfing dummie.
Now if Obama decides to run for a third term, you will get your way. People will enter the streets. Until then the midterm elections will render him almost harmless. I am patient and believe the constitution will prevail.
If Obama decides to run for a third term?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#174985 Feb 20, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>There was extreme nationalism in Nazi Germany and likewise with the Soviet Union. Both ideologies pushed 'state worship' to the point that neighbors were telling on neighbors and the good of the state far outweighed the well being of the individual. During the same time period, patriotism was being pushed in the United States, but we went in a different direction, not succumbing to state sponsored totalitarianism. Freedom and its preservation was part of our patriotism.
Google-

"national guard civil disobedience training"

Too much to link here.

Officially began somewhere around the early '60's but has recently taken on a life of its own. If asked, ordered that is, your friendly government employed neighbors will open fire on you.

Justifiably of course.
--
Seems like after a few hundred years or so governments simply need to open fire on their citizens.

Ain't that a kick in the pants!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#174986 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If Obama decides to run for a third term?
I think lisw unwittingly covered her ass.

"...the Constitution will prevail...."

Location hidden

#174987 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think the U.S. should be doing about the Ukraine?
Economic sanctions?
Boots on the ground?

Bwhahahahahahaha!

Location hidden

#174988 Feb 20, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw some of those healthy choices are out of reach for many. True some things we can do to eat good are affordable but others are quite expensive. The hunger program I'm part of in Tampa depends heavily on local grocery stores donation programs. Its very rare for them to give us the high end better foods. At one time I was on a route that went to a Publix version of a natural store called Greenwise. Most weeks they gave us nothing while a regular Publix will give us up to 60 boxes of food per visit.
People find money for what they want. What price does a reasonable person put on ones health? Sorry Chris, that dog don't hunt. Pay the grocer, pay the doctor...

Jury's still out on genetically engineered foods. Not sure if there's a danger or not. Guess it depends on who you listen to. We believe what we want to believe.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174989 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Never once said that "the NSA, IRS, and Benghazi scandals are no big deal". We have disagreed on what the scandals mean, but not the same thing as the view you've assigned me for your convenience.
I did insult the troll in the last post, but I did not mean to imply that I thought the same of you. My only point was that your convenient claim that I'm not posting out of embarrassment is as accurate as his detection of my communist agenda.
I asked you what you thought the US could do about Ukraine other than shake his finger. If you know of something he should be doing that he's not, please - say so. If not, what's your point?
As far as the survey goes ... yes, control of the media is a way to control a country, but I'm having a whole lot of trouble envisioning this survey as the first step down that road. To see it that way requires so many assumptions that I just don't think it's plausible.
Obama needs to at least act like he knows what is going on in the Ukraine. Clearly the ukrainian leader is betraying his people and making agreements with Putin. Putin wants the Ukraine as part of Russia very badly but the Ukraine prior to the Bolshevik revolution was european It has been held captive for a long time and it just gained it's independence. Not likely it's going to want to go along with Russia. I don't believe that Obama knows enough about history to even address the Ukranian situation, let alone shake his finger. He looks the fool especially when everyone knows he does not back up any of his threats.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174990 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Obama needs to at least act like he knows what is going on in the Ukraine. Clearly the ukrainian leader is betraying his people and making agreements with Putin. Putin wants the Ukraine as part of Russia very badly but the Ukraine prior to the Bolshevik revolution was european It has been held captive for a long time and it just gained it's independence. Not likely it's going to want to go along with Russia. I don't believe that Obama knows enough about history to even address the Ukranian situation, let alone shake his finger. He looks the fool especially when everyone knows he does not back up any of his threats.
Uhhhhh ,,, well ... me'thinks perhaps you should be very, very careful about throwing around accusations about not knowing enough about history to even address the Ukrainian situation, since Ukraine NEVER existed as a modern nation-state until the collapse of the USSR, and has been under some form of foreign domination for far more than 350 years.

I'll ask you one more time. You're complaining about Obama wagging his finger at the situation in the Ukraine. What do YOU think he should have done instead?

What options does the United States have, lisw?

Location hidden

#174991 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhhh ,,, well ... me'thinks perhaps you should be very, very careful about throwing around accusations about not knowing enough about history to even address the Ukrainian situation, since Ukraine NEVER existed as a modern nation-state until the collapse of the USSR, and has been under some form of foreign domination for far more than 350 years.
I'll ask you one more time. You're complaining about Obama wagging his finger at the situation in the Ukraine. What do YOU think he should have done instead?
What options does the United States have, lisw?
Okay willie, we all know that all of those countries existed under various different names over the last century. I said Ukraine identified with Europe and that is what this is about. Obama needs to know what is going on it is a simple point. You of course aren't going to like anything I say so you tire me, but I need to hear more than words from Obama. He is so wishy washy it makes me want to hurl.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#174992 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Okay willie, we all know that all of those countries existed under various different names over the last century. I said Ukraine identified with Europe and that is what this is about. Obama needs to know what is going on it is a simple point. You of course aren't going to like anything I say so you tire me, but I need to hear more than words from Obama. He is so wishy washy it makes me want to hurl.
I fully understand.

Ted Cruz does that to me.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174993 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Okay willie, we all know that all of those countries existed under various different names over the last century. I said Ukraine identified with Europe and that is what this is about. Obama needs to know what is going on it is a simple point. You of course aren't going to like anything I say so you tire me, but I need to hear more than words from Obama. He is so wishy washy it makes me want to hurl.
What more than words do you want?

What more than words has the United States got in this situation? Should he do what Eisenhower and Johnson did when the Soviet Union invaded Hungary and Czechoslovakia respectively?

Oh, wait. That IS what he's doing.

I get that you don't like Obama, but if you're going to complain about his comments on the Ukrainian situation you surely have something in mind that he should have done. Otherwise, you're just hurling because he is still the President of the United States.

As to whether Ukraine 'identified as European', well, that I'm not so sure about. There was considerable antagonism between all the Slavs and the Western Europeans, lisw, and it was those Western Europeans who fought with the Czar over the territory.

I hope the Ukrainian nationalists are successful in eliminating Russian interference in their country - but I don't really know what the President of the United States can do about it.

Location hidden

#174994 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What more than words do you want?
What more than words has the United States got in this situation? Should he do what Eisenhower and Johnson did when the Soviet Union invaded Hungary and Czechoslovakia respectively?
Oh, wait. That IS what he's doing.
I get that you don't like Obama, but if you're going to complain about his comments on the Ukrainian situation you surely have something in mind that he should have done. Otherwise, you're just hurling because he is still the President of the United States.
As to whether Ukraine 'identified as European', well, that I'm not so sure about. There was considerable antagonism between all the Slavs and the Western Europeans, lisw, and it was those Western Europeans who fought with the Czar over the territory.
I hope the Ukrainian nationalists are successful in eliminating Russian interference in their country - but I don't really know what the President of the United States can do about it.
He could say what you just said. Words may be all we have right now but they should be strong words. Remember the respect that "tear down this wall" garnered? He should say where we stand, on the side of independence and freedom and quit the generic, "I don't want anyone to really know what I'm saying" crap.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#174995 Feb 20, 2014
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>People find money for what they want. What price does a reasonable person put on ones health? Sorry Chris, that dog don't hunt. Pay the grocer, pay the doctor...
Jury's still out on genetically engineered foods. Not sure if there's a danger or not. Guess it depends on who you listen to. We believe what we want to believe.
True. Like anything worth doing it takes work. I had a job some time back working for a Pepsi distributor. It blew my mind how much they spend on advertising. Really I thought? Some are loyal, some will buy whats on sale, some don't spend much of anything and would rather drink water. But it works. No company would spend money on advertising if it didn't. It is a lie. Many believe the lie.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#174996 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Obama needs to at least act like he knows what is going on in the Ukraine. Clearly the ukrainian leader is betraying his people and making agreements with Putin. Putin wants the Ukraine as part of Russia very badly but the Ukraine prior to the Bolshevik revolution was european It has been held captive for a long time and it just gained it's independence. Not likely it's going to want to go along with Russia. I don't believe that Obama knows enough about history to even address the Ukranian situation, let alone shake his finger. He looks the fool especially when everyone knows he does not back up any of his threats.
You got it. Putin twisted Yanukovich's arm with economic threats until Viktor broke.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/19/us-...

Safety Harbor, FL

#174997 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>He could say what you just said. Words may be all we have right now but they should be strong words. Remember the respect that "tear down this wall" garnered? He should say where we stand, on the side of independence and freedom and quit the generic, "I don't want anyone to really know what I'm saying" crap.
Too late for that friend. Most don't believe a thing he says, more importantly on the world stage he is a bigger joke than Bush ever was. You will not likely here that much in the media that kisses his rear.

Safety Harbor, FL

#174998 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Never once said that "the NSA, IRS, and Benghazi scandals are no big deal". We have disagreed on what the scandals mean, but not the same thing as the view you've assigned me for your convenience.
It is funny. You sound a bit like my father. He is no doubt right of you but also thinks like you we have too many checks in place to ever let anyone run us down the path I fear we're on. So this morning on a long drive I was thinking about the disaster B.P horizon. If I understand the basics they did a backup job on the cheep, the blowout preventer thinking they would never need it. Of course it failed and cost them dearly. Our founders did not know what the future held but also put some backups in place just in case. We have removed many of them (imo) putting cheep imitations in place in hope of never needing them. Here is hope we don't.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174999 Feb 20, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny. You sound a bit like my father. He is no doubt right of you but also thinks like you we have too many checks in place to ever let anyone run us down the path I fear we're on. So this morning on a long drive I was thinking about the disaster B.P horizon. If I understand the basics they did a backup job on the cheep, the blowout preventer thinking they would never need it. Of course it failed and cost them dearly. Our founders did not know what the future held but also put some backups in place just in case. We have removed many of them (imo) putting cheep imitations in place in hope of never needing them. Here is hope we don't.
Oh? What backups have we removed, pray tell?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175000 Feb 20, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>He could say what you just said. Words may be all we have right now but they should be strong words. Remember the respect that "tear down this wall" garnered? He should say where we stand, on the side of independence and freedom and quit the generic, "I don't want anyone to really know what I'm saying" crap.
He DID say what I just said, lisw.

You just don't like hearing him say that or anything else.

As far as the Berlin Wall speech, well, gee, if Obama had a speechwriter working on his comments for two weeks, going through a couple of drafts with a speechwriter working on them, we'd be talking about teleprompters instead of him being wishy washy. As it was, you're trying to compare formal remarks prepared in advance with off the cuff comments at a news conference.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#175001 Feb 20, 2014
I really, really, REALLY wanted to get the speechwriter point across.

EDIT FAIL.

;-)

Safety Harbor, FL

#175002 Feb 20, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh? What backups have we removed, pray tell?
First thing that comes to mind is the overreaching government at the federal level. Its been a slow creep but took off after September 11, 2001. And I say outright Bush was wrong. Funny thing is that many of the folks that in those days could not cry loud enough say little that Obama continues. Nod to Sister though I disagree often with her would not be in that camp. I just watched a clip from then Senator Obama (2008) moaning of President Bush using executive power too often and saying he would respect our Constitution as he bragged he taught it for 10 years. Today not so much. Another thing that bothers me is press is little more than a cheering section for this President. Nothing highlighted that better than Christi Parsons some time back. And I'd say this of any so called reporter of any President.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 688,627
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min ROCCO 36,658
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Insults Are Easier 988,428
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 46 min Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr USaWarStateMakeWO... 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr sphincterednecks 6,544
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr scientistsknowrea... 619,810
More from around the web