Bush is a hero

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#174908 Feb 11, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy that. We've all revealed something personal at times without the expectation that the revelation will later be used against us Often it is but it's a low thing to do.
.. don't you enjoy someone 'going low'??..

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174909 Feb 11, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>We share what God has done for us everywhere. On how bigoted people handle it, well that's going to speak and reflect on them.
Bigoted?

You share (in the way the drummer from [insert rock band here] shares in a solo) that other people's lives are wrong in every way, yet you claim that people who react precisely the way people are going to react to that message are the bigots?

From where I'm sitting, it sounds a lot like what you're doing is saying "heh-heh-heh, they called me a bigot so I'll call them one back."

I know what you do. I know why you do it. I have no reason not to believe you are sincere in what you do. In my own way, I do what you do WHEN THE PERSON I'M TALKING TO IS LISTENING, or at least willing to listen.

If they're not listening or at least willing to listen, then the only purposes I'm serving when I'm talking are my own.

Don't get me wrong. I'm willing to talk and have my message rejected, but there's no payoff for me to deliver it in circumstances where it's all but guaranteed it will be.

Just my 12 1/2 cents.

With Established Harem

#174911 Feb 11, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Bigoted?
You share (in the way the drummer from [insert rock band here] shares in a solo) that other people's lives are wrong in every way, yet you claim that people who react precisely the way people are going to react to that message are the bigots?
From where I'm sitting, it sounds a lot like what you're doing is saying "heh-heh-heh, they called me a bigot so I'll call them one back."
I know what you do. I know why you do it. I have no reason not to believe you are sincere in what you do. In my own way, I do what you do WHEN THE PERSON I'M TALKING TO IS LISTENING, or at least willing to listen.
If they're not listening or at least willing to listen, then the only purposes I'm serving when I'm talking are my own.
Don't get me wrong. I'm willing to talk and have my message rejected, but there's no payoff for me to deliver it in circumstances where it's all but guaranteed it will be.
Just my 12 1/2 cents.
.. you nailed it ..

.. the message of 'Woe Is Me' is usually depressing ..

.. imagine sitting across the patio breakfast table from CC on a Saturday morning, savoring the first sip of freshly brewed coffee, basking in the pleasure of a soft, spring day, when you hear ..

CC: "There's no hope, the world is brutal, it's falling apart. The end is near." ..

<< Mrs. CC meanders towards the tulips >>

CC: "Let's go to the Thrift Store and buy all the $.10 bibles and distribute them to the homeless."

<< Mrs. CC remembers a night of passion, the magic of HL's scarves >>

CC: "We'll spread the Lord's message until our dying breath. Right?"

Mrs. CC: "Let's go shopping for scarves."

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174912 Feb 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you nailed it ..
.. the message of 'Woe Is Me' is usually depressing ..
.. imagine sitting across the patio breakfast table from CC on a Saturday morning, savoring the first sip of freshly brewed coffee, basking in the pleasure of a soft, spring day, when you hear ..
CC: "There's no hope, the world is brutal, it's falling apart. The end is near." ..
<< Mrs. CC meanders towards the tulips >>
CC: "Let's go to the Thrift Store and buy all the $.10 bibles and distribute them to the homeless."
<< Mrs. CC remembers a night of passion, the magic of HL's scarves >>
CC: "We'll spread the Lord's message until our dying breath. Right?"
Mrs. CC: "Let's go shopping for scarves."
Are you related to USA_1, or maybe in (as in currently) the same homeroom?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#174913 Feb 11, 2014
Yas

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174914 Feb 11, 2014
LittleWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you related to USA_1, or maybe in (as in currently) the same homeroom?
Your 12 1/2 cents aren't worth a wooden nickel. <¦-o
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174915 Feb 11, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that it was Clearwater who told us about his wife, her former life, her conversion, her change from gay to straight.
Others didnt introduce his wife into the discussion. He did. And he says that she herself intends to discuss her situation, in March.
"Yeah but he told us about his wife and we have the right to....... blah, blah, blah" (snore)
You sound like a gossipy 14 year old --------> girl.

Cruising Topix day in and day out looking for amusment by picking on other people with an insecure, overcompensating lesbian as a sidekick.

Heck of a life you've got there, Catcher!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#174916 Feb 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yeah but he told us about his wife and we have the right to....... blah, blah, blah" (snore)
Cruising Topix day in and day out looking for amusment by picking on other people with an insecure, overcompensating lesbian as a sidekick.
It's a great life, yes.

And with some effort and a little luck, we can bring Clearwater and even you out of the doldroms.

I'm here to help.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174917 Feb 11, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative libertarian. <¦-o
Libertarian, hm? Well, my view on being more inclusive is not just mine. Here are Rand Paul's comments from two days ago.

Rand Paul Warns Texas Could Turn Blue

Speaking to fellow Republicans in Houston, Sen. Rand Paul predicted that Texas, with a large number of Hispanics, "will be a Democratic state within 10 years if you don't change."

Rand Paul is a US Senator from Kentucky, but he had a stern warning for Texas this weekend: You may be tea party-friendly and predictably Republican-red today, but you could turn blue within a decade if you don’t become more inclusive.
Why Texas? Sen. Paul was raised in the Lone Star State, which his father Ron Paul represented in Congress for 24 years, so he knows the territory and feels at home there.“I speak Texan,” he has said.

More important, perhaps, it’s a key state for any Republican considering a run for the presidency, which Mr. Paul is. Plus, his “bigger tent” message is an important one acknowledged by most GOP leaders, with whom he’d like to be associated even as he pushes his own more libertarian political philosophy.

Speaking to the county Republican organization in Houston Saturday evening, Paul warned that Texas "will be a Democratic state within 10 years if you don't change."

"That doesn't mean we give up on what we believe in, but it means we have to be a more welcoming party,” Paul said, as reported by CNN.“We have to welcome people of all races. We need to welcome people of all classes – business class, working class.”

“We need to have people with ties and without ties, with tattoos and without tattoos; with earrings, without earrings,” he said.“We need a more diverse party. We need a party that looks like America. More to the point, that means attracting more Hispanics, who make up nearly 40 percent of voters there."

Full article@
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2014/02...
====

Of course, you may know more about all this than he does, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#174918 Feb 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarian, hm? Well, my view on being more inclusive is not just mine. Here are Rand Paul's comments from two days ago.
Speaking to fellow Republicans in Houston, Sen. Rand Paul predicted that Texas, with a large number of Hispanics, "will be a Democratic state within 10 years if you don't change."
But look, your troubles are over!!!!

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Potential Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) said today that he believes he has a “secret weapon” that will derail Hillary Clinton’s 2016 White House bid:“A little-known affair between her husband and a White House intern, Monica Lewinsky.”

Appearing on the Fox News Channel, Paul told the host Sean Hannity,“Sean, when the American people find out about this scandal, they are going to be shocked, truly shocked. It didn’t get a lot of coverage at the time.”

Asked by Hannity how the scandal could have remained under wraps for so long, Paul replied,“You’ll have to ask Bill and Hillary that. Let’s just say they’ve pulled a lot of strings to keep this story out of the mainstream media.”

“Unfortunately for them, Sean, I have the details on this juicy scandal and I’m prepared to share them with the American people,” he said.“I think it’s going to be a game-changer.”

While he believes that the shocking revelations about President Clinton’s Oval Office dalliances will be enough to destroy Hillary’s 2016 ambitions, Paul confirmed that he has other arrows in his quiver.

“It turns out that Hillary was involved in a business deal called Whitewater,” he said.“When the American people find out about this, it’s going to blow their minds.”

With Established Harem

#174919 Feb 11, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you related to USA_1, or maybe in (as in currently) the same homeroom?
.. like Happy in Snow White, I just want to spread peace, love and joy ..

Lost In Transition

United States

#174920 Feb 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul is a US Senator from Kentucky, but he had a stern warning for Texas this weekend: You may be tea party-friendly and predictably Republican-red today, but you could turn blue within a decade if you don’t become more inclusive.
Why Texas? Sen. Paul was raised in the Lone Star State, which his father Ron Paul represented in Congress for 24 years, so he knows the territory and feels at home there.“I speak Texan,” he has said.
More important, perhaps, it’s a key state for any Republican considering a run for the presidency, which Mr. Paul is. Plus, his “bigger tent” message is an important one acknowledged by most GOP leaders, with whom he’d like to be associated even as he pushes his own more libertarian political philosophy.
Speaking to the county Republican organization in Houston Saturday evening, Paul warned that Texas "will be a Democratic state within 10 years if you don't change."
"That doesn't mean we give up on what we believe in, but it means we have to be a more welcoming party,” Paul said, as reported by CNN.“We have to welcome people of all races. We need to welcome people of all classes – business class, working class.”
“We need to have people with ties and without ties, with tattoos and without tattoos; with earrings, without earrings,” he said.“We need a more diverse party. We need a party that looks like America. More to the point, that means attracting more Hispanics, who make up nearly 40 percent of voters there."
Full article@
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2014/02...
====
Of course, you may know more about all this than he does, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway.
Political tents are stitched together from a patchwork of philosophies, not sure how you widen the door without "giving up on what you believe in". Or at least be willing to see those beliefs lost in a mish-mash of contradiction. Unless expanding your tent has become the end all to be all, even more important than being able to recognize it. In that case, it doesn't really matter which tent you find yourself in. While the dem philosophy is coming into sharper focus by the day, the rep philosophy continues to blur. The repubs are being myopic. It doesn't take a genius to see where the liberal philosophy leads, history is chock full of examples.

With Established Harem

#174921 Feb 11, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sidekick? I'm offended. Deeply. Always thought you like me ..

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174922 Feb 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sidekick? I'm offended. Deeply. Always thought you like me ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BxzEeKfpyIgXX
You don't tell people that you like when they are acting like a dufus?

With Established Harem

#174923 Feb 11, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You don't tell people that you like when they are acting like a dufus?
.. dufus? Aww, you must like me ..

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174924 Feb 12, 2014
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Political tents are stitched together from a patchwork of philosophies, not sure how you widen the door without "giving up on what you believe in". Or at least be willing to see those beliefs lost in a mish-mash of contradiction. Unless expanding your tent has become the end all to be all, even more important than being able to recognize it. In that case, it doesn't really matter which tent you find yourself in. While the dem philosophy is coming into sharper focus by the day, the rep philosophy continues to blur. The repubs are being myopic. It doesn't take a genius to see where the liberal philosophy leads, history is chock full of examples.
Really good post, LIT
==

I don't know if "expanding the tent is the end all to be all" but I truly don't see how fire engine red conservatives can win the White House if they don't expand the tent. I think it's mathematically impossible.

I remember the big numbers of Christian conservatives who stayed home in 2012 because Mr. Squeaky Clean Mitt Romney wasn't conservative enough or he was a Mormon or they didn't think he had a colorful enough personality or some damn thing. And I also remember Limbaugh, Levin and Beck etc. didn't put their full weight behind him either because he wasn't conservative enough.......neither did Perry, Santorum and that crowd. but my point is, the stay at home plan could very well be the route moderates take if we're presented with a candidate too far right and we may still wind up with a democrat in the WH.

what to do...
what to do...

Hard right conservatives keep telling me that it's the moderates who are losing the WH for republicans and I'm not convinced. Personally, I don't think there are enough Americans who still believe homosexuality is a moral choice and being gay can be prayed away if you do it right, that a woman should not have a choice when it comes to her own uterus and reproductive decisions, that the Hispanic vote is not relevant and that there's another Ronald Reagan out there ready to woo us and coo us back to the 80's. I just don't see it. I don't think a Reagan could win now anymore than a JFK could. America is politically a far more sophisticated and dirty game than it was when those two were running around making memorable, heartfelt speeches and the game has gone from who's the best qualified and just a little dirty, to who's best at bullshi#ing people en masse and what do I get if I vote for you..... The democrats keep bringing home the gold on that one because they have a" win at all cost" philosophy and I haven't the foggiest idea how gain back the top spot without muddying the water a bit ourselves.
I still think Romney was our best shot and America made a monumental mistake but it is what it is. Time to bring on the next batter....
Lost In Transition

United States

#174925 Feb 13, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if "expanding the tent is the end all to be all" but I truly don't see how fire engine red conservatives can win the White House if they don't expand the tent. I think it's mathematically impossible.
I remember the big numbers of Christian conservatives who stayed home in 2012 because Mr. Squeaky Clean Mitt Romney wasn't conservative enough or he was a Mormon or they didn't think he had a colorful enough personality or some damn thing. And I also remember Limbaugh, Levin and Beck etc. didn't put their full weight behind him either because he wasn't conservative enough the stay at home plan could very well be the route moderates take if we're presented with a candidate too far right and we may still wind up with a democrat in the WH.
Hard right conservatives keep telling me that it's the moderates who are losing the WH for republicans and I'm not convinced. Personally, I don't think there are enough Americans who still believe homosexuality is a moral choice and being gay can be prayed away if you do it right, that a woman should not have a choice when it comes to her own uterus and reproductive decisions, that the Hispanic vote is not relevant and that there's another Ronald Reagan out there ready to woo us and coo us back to the 80's. I just don't see it. America is politically a far more sophisticated and dirty game than it was when those two were running around making memorable, heartfelt speeches and the game has gone from who's the best qualified and just a little dirty, to who's best at bullshi#ing people en masse and what do I get if I vote for you..... The democrats keep bringing home the gold on that one because they have a" win at all cost" philosophy and I haven't the foggiest idea how gain back the top spot.
So do you expand the tent at the cost of your own convictions? If so, you've lost more than you could ever gain including, rightfully, your support. When dealing with a party that specializes in bullsh#ing the people with a 'win at any cost' fervor, do you compromise? Do you moderate? I don't think so. You stick to your principles, take your lumps, and wait 'till the tide recedes and exposes all the bare arses. Just as it's doing with Detroit, just as it's doing with obamacare. You don't panic and tear off your own trunks. The repubs used to stand for something, a small government, fiscal and personal responsibility, individual liberty. As did the people that supported them. They've chosen....chosen....to abandon all in some ill conceived strategy of compromise and moderation. And, in allowing their opposition to define both terms, there has been no compromise at all but rather total capitulation. The national leadership of the reps, and their talking heads, have marginalized the party with their empty rhetoric. They no longer stand for a thing other than securing what they seem to feel is a level of power and self enrichment which they've somehow earned. It's no wonder they're viewed with contempt by so many. Yet on the state level, where the people still have some voice and the candidates are willing to echo that voice, reps are the dominant force in politics. The national level can continue demonizing this phenom until they are completely irrelevant , or swallow their pride and embrace it. I'm guessing the former.
As far as the social issues go, stay out of them. Let the states handle it. They are a quagmire that a national government has no business treading into. Particularly a party that professes to be proponents of a small, limited government. This administration, it's backers and their philosophy are going to prove to be an utter failure. The folks that resist it with more than reposed indignation will be the ones to pick up the pieces and mold what will follow.
Or I could be wrong on all counts, Romney's 47% could be accurate, in which case Uraguay is looking mighty attractive.
Sorry, had to chop your post a tad.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174926 Feb 13, 2014
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you expand the tent at the cost of your own convictions? If so, you've lost more than you could ever gain including, rightfully, your support. When dealing with a party that specializes in bullsh#ing the people with a 'win at any cost' fervor, do you compromise? Do you moderate? I don't think so. You stick to your principles, take your lumps, and wait 'till the tide recedes and exposes all the bare arses. Just as it's doing with Detroit, just as it's doing with obamacare. You don't panic and tear off your own trunks. The repubs used to stand for something, a small government, fiscal and personal responsibility, individual liberty. As did the people that supported them. They've chosen....chosen....to abandon all in some ill conceived strategy of compromise and moderation. And, in allowing their opposition to define both terms, there has been no compromise at all but rather total capitulation. The national leadership of the reps, and their talking heads, have marginalized the party with their empty rhetoric. They no longer stand for a thing other than securing what they seem to feel is a level of power and self enrichment which they've somehow earned. It's no wonder they're viewed with contempt by so many. Yet on the state level, where the people still have some voice and the candidates are willing to echo that voice, reps are the dominant force in politics. The national level can continue demonizing this phenom until they are completely irrelevant , or swallow their pride and embrace it. I'm guessing the former.
As far as the social issues go, stay out of them. Let the states handle it. They are a quagmire that a national government has no business treading into. Particularly a party that professes to be proponents of a small, limited government. This administration, it's backers and their philosophy are going to prove to be an utter failure. The folks that resist it with more than reposed indignation will be the ones to pick up the pieces and mold what will follow.
Or I could be wrong on all counts, Romney's 47% could be accurate, in which case Uraguay is looking mighty attractive.
Sorry, had to chop your post a tad.
There is nothing in your post with which I disagree..... except the Uruguay relocation plan.
==
My frustration comes with the republicans D- marketing skills. They can't sell it on a national platform. And battling that ultra clever and biased left mainstream media which acts as Obama's 4th branch of government and depicts republicans as "the gun toting, bible thumping party of no," can't be underestimated as a major obstacle. What's the offense to that?
And where are the protests? Does anybody know? When is a million plus march on Washington going to be organized by the GOP to protest Obama's authoritarian proclivities? "Reposed indignation" as you put it is a very nice virtue but waiting patiently for this socialist bozo to finish delivering the country to hell in his hand basket just doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Half this country isn't happy with the way things are going, his approval ratings are in the john, he's a borderline authoritarian and the GOP is just sitting there watching. It disturbs me that our liberties are being taken away bit by bit and this great big conservative movement I keep hearing about hasn't put together in a massive uninvited guest appearance in DC.
Maybe they're all working and can't take time off.
Hm.
Did you ever notice liberals always seem to have more people with free time to go march and picket than conservatives do ?

=====

"Mommy, what's the difference between racism and socialism?"

"Well, son, socialism is when republicans go to work so they can give us phones and housing and cash and food stamps and pay our utilities and give us free healthcare and a whole lot of other free stuff."

"Gee, Mommy, doesn't that pi$$ off the republicans?"

"Yes, dear it does and we call that racism."

Catcher1

UK

#174927 Feb 13, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in your post with which I disagree..... except the Uruguay relocation plan.
==
My frustration comes with the republicans D- marketing skills. They can't sell it on a national platform. And battling that ultra clever and biased left mainstream media which acts as Obama's 4th branch of government and depicts republicans as "the gun toting, bible thumping party of no," can't be underestimated as a major obstacle. What's the offense to that?
And where are the protests? Does anybody know? When is a million plus march on Washington going to be organized by the GOP to protest Obama's authoritarian proclivities? "Reposed indignation" as you put it is a very nice virtue but waiting patiently for this socialist bozo to finish delivering the country to hell in his hand basket just doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Half this country isn't happy with the way things are going, his approval ratings are in the john, he's a borderline authoritarian and the GOP is just sitting there watching. It disturbs me that our liberties are being taken away bit by bit and this great big conservative movement I keep hearing about hasn't put together in a massive uninvited guest appearance in DC.
Maybe they're all working and can't take time off.
Hm.
Did you ever notice liberals always seem to have more people with free time to go march and picket than conservatives do ?
=====
"Mommy, what's the difference between racism and socialism?"
"Well, son, socialism is when republicans go to work so they can give us phones and housing and cash and food stamps and pay our utilities and give us free healthcare and a whole lot of other free stuff."
"Gee, Mommy, doesn't that pi$$ off the republicans?"
"Yes, dear it does and we call that racism."
So get your picket sign and get out there, instead of wasting your time here.

OK bye, time to go play.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#174929 Feb 13, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So get your picket sign and get out there, instead of wasting your time here.
OK bye, time to go play.
Uh-uh-uh worthless troll, Lyndi stays. Yer the one that's a waste of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,163
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 5 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 6 hr NewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web