Bush is a hero

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#174851 Feb 9, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Question time. What world leader said this?
"We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends."
Copycat.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#174852 Feb 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Copycat.
Typical 6 year-old spoiled brat. You think yer the 1st one to pose questions like that
in here! Oh that's right, yer NOT thinking, worthless TROLL!

Redondo Beach, CA

#174853 Feb 9, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical 6 year-old spoiled brat. You think yer the 1st one to pose questions like that
in here! Oh that's right, yer NOT thinking, worthless TROLL!
Clearwater knows what I'm talking about.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174854 Feb 9, 2014
I wish they had a "boring" judgicon. I just might use them then.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174855 Feb 9, 2014
lisw wrote:
I wish they had a "boring" judgicon. I just might use them then.
What she said ...

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174857 Feb 9, 2014
CatchAll1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody except LittleWillie and CHOCOLATE FACE, know what your talking about, cretin. <¦-o

Location hidden

#174858 Feb 9, 2014
Does anyone here watch Rehab addict. She's something redoing old homes but what I get really impressed with are the people she brings in to get things up to code, to replumb and rewire and do room after room of drywall. If you ever tried to do any of those things yourself, you can appreciate their craft. I've tried doing drywall seams over and over and never got them right.
yeah I know I'm way off topic.(whatever the topic is.)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174859 Feb 9, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ear-elephant, mr hi & mighty.

Mute is yer best friend.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174860 Feb 9, 2014
lisw wrote:
Does anyone here watch Rehab addict. She's something redoing old homes but what I get really impressed with are the people she brings in to get things up to code, to replumb and rewire and do room after room of drywall. If you ever tried to do any of those things yourself, you can appreciate their craft. I've tried doing drywall seams over and over and never got them right.
yeah I know I'm way off topic.(whatever the topic is.)
Not that particular one, but I've seen many other DIY shows. You (Lis) can actually learn how to do certain jobs by watching (or taping for review) those shows. But you also need the right tools to make the project come out right. For drywall mud, if you don't have the right trowel, it won't work. Same for stucco outside. Ya gotta have the right float, and then it helps a lot for someone to just go thru the procedure once.

Home Depot has short, hands-on classes on a variety of DIY procedures; drywall, tiling, etc.

Location hidden

#174861 Feb 9, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that particular one, but I've seen many other DIY shows. You (Lis) can actually learn how to do certain jobs by watching (or taping for review) those shows. But you also need the right tools to make the project come out right. For drywall mud, if you don't have the right trowel, it won't work. Same for stucco outside. Ya gotta have the right float, and then it helps a lot for someone to just go thru the procedure once.
Home Depot has short, hands-on classes on a variety of DIY procedures; drywall, tiling, etc.
I love doing that stuff. I replaced some broken tile, it was a stone, and the feeling of accomplishment is great. I wish I could go to classes. The nearest Home Depot since we moved is an hour away.
You'd like Rehab addict, BB. She's cute and smart and not afraid of work.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174862 Feb 10, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I love doing that stuff. I replaced some broken tile, it was a stone, and the feeling of accomplishment is great. I wish I could go to classes. The nearest Home Depot since we moved is an hour away.
Oh yeah, I've seen her promos. Just haven't spotted her on that end of the dial whilst
surfing. I'm addicted to NCIS (especially ones with Cote de Pablo),
CSI Miami (gotta love Horatio,.......well and Eva La Rue along with Emily Procter),
Burn Notice (Fiona Glenanne is the gorrila my dreams). That's Gabriel Anwar of course.

After that, it's on to the Westerns Channel, and then Fox News.

But the weekends are B-R-U-T-A-L, so that's when I'm most likely to catch a DIY'er.

Yer right though, Nicole is definately a HOTTIE!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174863 Feb 10, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>NBC should get Chris Matthews Keith Olbermann and Bob Costas together to co-host a show called The 3 Stooges. They could have guests like Joe Scarborough and Chris Krispy Kreme Christie, to provide a weak rino counterpoint and ultimately concede, that communism is the way to go and what difference did Benghazi make (all hail Hilary). Then they could all share a tingle up the leg and bow down to our dictator and chief Barry O.
Unbeknownst to a lot of people, politics isn't just politics. Politics is a business, a moneymaking, power-sharing, backdoor wheeling and dealing BUSINESS and a key part to most successful businesses is to get as many customers and repeat customers as you can by being welcoming and making an effort to meet their needs. That's what you do IF you want to stay in business.

But if you (collectively) continue to slam the door on moderated republicans who won't succumb to your narrow, inflexible standards, if you continue to call every democrat you run into a communist which I'm pretty sure would fall into the category of bearing false witness, if you mock a fellow republicans weight and otherwise put down and tell a vast portion of Americans they aren't welcome in your little club, you'd better get your concession speech started, because Hillary Clinton or someone just like her to be taking the Presidential oath of office in 2016.

I don't pretend to know what the answer for a unified republican party is, but what I do know is making it impossible for moderates to play on your team is probably not a good idea. They may wind up playing for the opposition or they may just sit out a season but either way, it won't bode well for the future of the RNC.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#174864 Feb 10, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbeknownst to a lot of people, politics isn't just politics. Politics is a business, a moneymaking, power-sharing, backdoor wheeling and dealing BUSINESS and a key part to most successful businesses is to get as many customers and repeat customers as you can by being welcoming and making an effort to meet their needs. That's what you do IF you want to stay in business.
But if you (collectively) continue to slam the door on moderated republicans who won't succumb to your narrow, inflexible standards, if you continue to call every democrat you run into a communist which I'm pretty sure would fall into the category of bearing false witness, if you mock a fellow republicans weight and otherwise put down and tell a vast portion of Americans they aren't welcome in your little club, you'd better get your concession speech started, because Hillary Clinton or someone just like her to be taking the Presidential oath of office in 2016.
I don't pretend to know what the answer for a unified republican party is, but what I do know is making it impossible for moderates to play on your team is probably not a good idea. They may wind up playing for the opposition or they may just sit out a season but either way, it won't bode well for the future of the RNC.
Moderate Republicans are the reason Barry O is a two term president. Chris Krispy Kreme Christie, deserves everything that is thrown at him, he's not a Republican and definitely not a conservative, hell he even campaigned for Obama in the 11th hour. As far as Hillary goes, if the Republicans really want the White House, the Benghazi scandal will easily sink her ship.

Fremont, CA

#174865 Feb 10, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Moderate Republicans are the reason Barry O is a two term president. Chris Krispy Kreme Christie, deserves everything that is thrown at him, he's not a Republican and definitely not a conservative, hell he even campaigned for Obama in the 11th hour. As far as Hillary goes, if the Republicans really want the White House, the Benghazi scandal will easily sink her ship.
Lyndi's turn at bat.

Love you unified, loyal Republicans.

It makes you so generous to the Democrats.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174866 Feb 10, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Moderate Republicans are the reason Barry O is a two term president. Chris Krispy Kreme Christie, deserves everything that is thrown at him, he's not a Republican and definitely not a conservative, hell he even campaigned for Obama in the 11th hour. As far as Hillary goes, if the Republicans really want the White House, the Benghazi scandal will easily sink her ship.
So what do you plan to do about the moderates? Win without them?

"scuse me for a minute.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174867 Feb 10, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I love doing that stuff. I replaced some broken tile, it was a stone, and the feeling of accomplishment is great. I wish I could go to classes. The nearest Home Depot since we moved is an hour away.
There are some things like that I still enjoy, but I guess I've just done too much of it.

it's funny, the difference in our recent moves - you're now an hour away from a Home Depot. I used to be an hour away from anything, and now I've got 'em all (including two Menards) within 15 minutes - and a Home Depot no more than seven blocks or so.

:-)

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#174868 Feb 10, 2014
CatchAll1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyndi's turn at bat.
Love you unified, loyal Republicans.
It makes you so generous to the Democrats.
I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative libertarian while it's abundantly obvious, you're a progressive leftist puke. <¦-o

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#174869 Feb 10, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you plan to do about the moderates? Win without them?
"scuse me for a minute.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not going to win with them, they govern the same way as the Demoncrats. <¦-o

Location hidden

#174870 Feb 10, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There are some things like that I still enjoy, but I guess I've just done too much of it.
it's funny, the difference in our recent moves - you're now an hour away from a Home Depot. I used to be an hour away from anything, and now I've got 'em all (including two Menards) within 15 minutes - and a Home Depot no more than seven blocks or so.
:-)
I can live with stores and restaurants being so far away (wish we had pizza delivery though) but I do worry that going to the doctor is a road trip. There's advantages to city and country living. too bad you can't have both.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174871 Feb 10, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I can live with stores and restaurants being so far away (wish we had pizza delivery though) but I do worry that going to the doctor is a road trip. There's advantages to city and country living. too bad you can't have both.
I wish I'd had the opportunity to move to the country in my 20s rather than about the time I turned 50. We looked out in the country when we first moved here, but decided to try town first - and I doubt we'll leave.

I spent a lot of time in my old St. Louis stomping grounds last month, and it really made me appreciate the advantage of a small city over a large metro area. It'll be a while before I whine that I had to wait through 3 cycles of a stoplight to make a left. Still don't understand why there's only one friggin' place to get a decent doughnut in this town, though.

The Lafayette area is about 100K, so it's got everything you could want - and if it's not here, Indy is an hour away, downtown Chicago 2 1/2. It helps that it's a college town* for me (not that I have anything to do with Purdue), because I've always liked the feel of one. Here the college town feel isn't obnoxious the way it was in Columbia, MO (University of Missouri).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min DebraE 106,532
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 654,087
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Toby 973,825
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Toby 64,090
First time bi curious (Oct '15) 56 min andy 11
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr andy 55
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,877
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 17 hr Clive 80
More from around the web