Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174701 Jan 30, 2014
[QUOTE who=" idiot 2.0"]<quoted text>How about the two science vessels down in Antarctica, that got trapped in glacial ice that wasn't supposed to be there? They had to be rescued from their climate change junket, I guess you could chalk that up to Al Gore's 'global warming'. BTW, they'll teach you anything in a high school science class, as long as it goes along with what ever the liberal agenda is at the time. I remember in school, they were telling us that we're heading for a ice age. <¦-o[/QUOTE]What about them?

The area they were trapped in is ordinarily kept clear of ice by wind.

Winds shifted, and ice moved in.

It doesn't prove or disprove squat.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#174702 Jan 30, 2014
We've had one of the coldest winters on record, but its shortsighted to say that proves global warming isn't real. Its based on an average temperature.

And by the way I dont think any scientists dispute there isnt global warming, i believe the dispute comes in on whether or not its a natural phenomena or man made.

That isnt anything anyone on topix is gonna convince me on one way or the other.......
Lost In Transition

United States

#174703 Jan 30, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
We've had one of the coldest winters on record, but its shortsighted to say that proves global warming isn't real. Its based on an average temperature.
And by the way I dont think any scientists dispute there isnt global warming, i believe the dispute comes in on whether or not its a natural phenomena or man made.
That isnt anything anyone on topix is gonna convince me on one way or the other.......
Hey, Larry.
If you get the chance, you should watch the documentary "An Inconsistent Truth." Pretty interesting. And follow the Solar Physicists, a 3,000 year old science that isn't impressed or influenced by the politics of the day.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174704 Jan 30, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I agree completely
Lost In Transition

United States

#174705 Jan 30, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
Hmmm.
Sounds like a case of "The wind blew, and the crap flew".

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174706 Jan 30, 2014
LittleWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
If global warming is a reality and not just part of the normal ebb and flow of the climate, why did the scientific community have to lie? Why were hundreds of years of weather data obtained from the British Navy corrupted so as to back up the liberal agenda? Why in 30 years, does crisis go from cooling to warming. You liberals will take whatever the current situation is, good or bad and spin it into a crisis, to further foist your commie agendas on this country. <¦-o

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174707 Jan 30, 2014
[QUOTE who=" Idiot 2.0"]<quoted text>If global warming is a reality and not just part of the normal ebb and flow of the climate, why did the scientific community have to lie? Why were hundreds of years of weather data obtained from the British Navy corrupted so as to back up the liberal agenda? Why in 30 years, does crisis go from cooling to warming. You liberals will take whatever the current situation is, good or bad and spin it into a crisis, to further foist your commie agendas on this country. <¦-o[/QUOTE]Commie?

OMG, he said commie!

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#174708 Jan 30, 2014
LittleWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Commie?
OMG, he said commie!
Don't get you hammer and sickles in a bunch, Willard. <¦-o

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174709 Jan 30, 2014
Idiot 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get you hammer and sickles in a bunch, Willard. <¦-o
You know, you're almost as entertaining as the episode of Emergency my ex was watching at my daughter's house last week.

I think it was from 1972, though, so maybe a better analogy would be The Honeymooners...

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#174711 Jan 30, 2014
LittleWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You know, you're almost as entertaining as the episode of Emergency my ex was watching at my daughter's house last week.
I think it was from 1972, though, so maybe a better analogy would be The Honeymooners...
So you're implying that communism doesn't exist, by comparing my post to outdated television shows? Pretty much every post I've read of yours is far left leaning in nature, so why pretend to be something you're not. Hell even the United Nations has come out in favor of the Chi Com template for climate control. You leftist progressives should love that. <¦-o

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174712 Jan 30, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You know, you're almost as entertaining as the episode of Emergency my ex was watching at my daughter's house last week.
C'mon now Willie. Pretending communism doesn't exist anymore is like pretending nazis and racists no longer exist. Calling them by a new age name doesn't change much
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174713 Jan 31, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Commie?
OMG, he said commie!
The UN climate chief, Christiana Figueres, stated a couple weeks ago, that democracy is a poor political system for fighting global warming. She also said that communist China is instead the best model.

“Figueres added that the deep partisan divide in the U.S. Congress is “very detrimental” to passing any sort of legislation to fight global warming. The Chinese Communist Party, on the other hand, can push key policies and reforms all on its own. The country’s national legislature largely enforces the decisions made by the party’s Central Committee and other executive offices.”

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#174714 Jan 31, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN climate chief, Christiana Figueres, stated a couple weeks ago, that democracy is a poor political system for fighting global warming. She also said that communist China is instead the best model.
“
That's interesting, especially considering China is known as the worst industrial polluter in the world.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174715 Jan 31, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coincidentally, I recently returned from a six-day visit to Patagonia.
Went kayaking in lakes with beautiful glaciers.
The locals told me that, during the last 12 years or so, the size of most of the glaciers (Perito Moreno is a notable exception) has been reduced by a significant amount.
I wouldn't be so cavalier about what is truly a major environmental problem.
Do you repeat yourself because you have dementia or do you think if you keep telling me about your glacier gazing in Patagonia a couple more times I'll suddenly find it relevant?
I've just been skiing for three weeks in the area known as it's none of your business and there was no snow shortage. I'll be skiing again in February where there have already been normal seasonal snowfalls. I enjoyed a white Christmas. People in Atlanta, Georgia this week were spotted x-country skiing down the freeways. Since those little tidbits will have no influence on your current position regarding man made climate change, kindly assume that your little vacation, a couple afternoons pleasure kayaking and some chit chat with locals will not influence mine.

And if it's" truly an major environmental problem," maybe you should do your part and quit flying. And driving.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174716 Jan 31, 2014
[QUOTE who="Idiot 2.0"]<quoted text>So you're implying that communism doesn't exist, by comparing my post to outdated television shows? Pretty much every post I've read of yours is far left leaning in nature, so why pretend to be something you're not. Hell even the United Nations has come out in favor of the Chi Com template for climate control. You leftist progressives should love that. <¦-o[/QUOTE]Are you really this stupid?

I didn't/don't deny that communism exists. I suppose there actually are communists in America, even, somewhere, not that they're relevant to anyone but the truly paranoid who need to be scared of something.

What's outdated is the moronic and pathetic attempt to link me with communism because I am a liberal. Only profoundly misinformed or incredibly stupid & gullible people are still chatting that kind of line when their string gets pulled. That schtick was well on its way to becoming irrelevant when The Honeymooners was in production, pal.

If you've read 'far left" into my posts, I'd suggest a reading class (or two), because you could have serious reading comprehension problems. Either that, or you've rotted your brain with over exposure to talking heads selling soap (or catchup, or insurance, or whatever) first and a political agenda second.

Now ... you've made an absurd allegation and I took the time to reply to it. You can do your happy dance now. You won one.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174717 Jan 31, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
“Figueres added that the deep partisan divide in the U.S. Congress is “very detrimental” to passing any sort of legislation to fight global warming. The Chinese Communist Party, on the other hand, can push key policies and reforms all on its own. The country’s national legislature largely enforces the decisions made by the party’s Central Committee and other executive offices.”
If you have a link to her complete remarks so I can read them in context, I'd be happy to look at them.

I'm extremely skeptical that her comments actually were an endorsement of communism just based on the sources on the web that have trumpeted this story. The tend to play to the "the truly paranoid who need to be scared of something".

I know, I know ... lame stream media coverup, blah blah blah yada yada yada.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174718 Jan 31, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon now Willie. Pretending communism doesn't exist anymore is like pretending nazis and racists no longer exist. Calling them by a new age name doesn't change much
I guess I should have been more clear.

Communism exists, but it is irrelevant to a discussion of contemporary American politics. That's been true for years upon years, at least fifty and probably more.

The people who still talk about communists today are the intellectual equivalent of the people who assume that opposition to Obama is racist.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174719 Jan 31, 2014
Just to be clear, since I wasn't before - my last post should have read "The people who still talk about communists today IN AMERICAN POLITICS are the intellectual equivalent of the people who assume that opposition to Obama is racist.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174720 Jan 31, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a link to her complete remarks so I can read them in context, I'd be happy to look at them.
I'm extremely skeptical that her comments actually were an endorsement of communism just based on the sources on the web that have trumpeted this story. The tend to play to the "the truly paranoid who need to be scared of something".
I know, I know ... lame stream media coverup, blah blah blah yada yada yada.
Her comments are all over the web but not surprisingly, underreported by numerous left leaning mediums who prefer to distance themselves from the word 'communist.' And just to be clear, I didn't say she" endorsed" communism but I don't know how one could defend her on that since she clearly believes communism rule can most easily further her number one priority.

Try this one.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-13/top-...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174721 Jan 31, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Her comments are all over the web but not surprisingly, underreported by numerous left leaning mediums who prefer to distance themselves from the word 'communist.' And just to be clear, I didn't say she" endorsed" communism but I don't know how one could defend her on that since she clearly believes communism rule can most easily further her number one priority.
Try this one.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-13/top-...
If you're not saying she's endorsing communism, what's your point exactly?

I don't think I NEED to defend the idea that the process by which a policy is decided upon in a dictatorship is simpler, less tedious, less messy than what occurs in a democracy. That's common friggin' sense.

(Actually, it usually only APPEARS to be less messy in party (as opposed to individual) dictatorships. The complicated, tedious, messy stuff just involves fewer people, takes place behind closed doors, and the losers can end up banished - or dead.).

As far as the left wing blah-blah-blah yada-yada-yada ... that's a poor cover for the fact that the right wing new media (at least) that you got the quote you posted from is spinning the story in far more sinister terms than it warrants, imo. The time-tested way to sell that soap is to claim that this is the REAL story, the TRUTH, that the evil ones don't want you to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min okimar 2,437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PadMark 678,910
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 32 min Tony 6,260
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min ROCCO 118,945
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 41 min New Age Spiritual... 33,215
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 51 min GlobalNewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min trifecta1 982,134
More from around the web