“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#174686 Jan 28, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
"You can't teach democracy through the barrel of a gun." QQ
Since guns were invented,

with the blessings of the supposedly OMNIPOTENT Christian 'God', by the way,

('He' didn't stop us from inventing them, after all....ahem....)

I'm going to go ahead and assert that 'guns are god's will.'

(Along with a lot of other things 'He' allows to happen...I'm certain you don't need me to elaborate...)

It's a shame... the fundies only want to acknowledge 'god's' responsibility for the things they see as 'good', and COMPLETELY IGNORE OR DISMISS those things 'god' doesn't stop from happening...

with his 'all powerful self' and whatnot.

God is a cosmic joke, of which the religious nuts want us ALL to be the butt...because they've chosen to be.

:)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174687 Jan 28, 2014
Obama reminds me of my kids when they were little and you told them to clean their room. "I'm gonna do it....soon...I promise."

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#174688 Jan 28, 2014
lisw wrote:
Obama reminds me of my kids when they were little and you told them to clean their room. "I'm gonna do it....soon...I promise."
When he and the queen left the WH tonight, I was hopin' someone would have the locks changed and toss all their stuff out on the lawn.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174689 Jan 29, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
When he and the queen left the WH tonight, I was hopin' someone would have the locks changed and toss all their stuff out on the lawn.
Obama's done. He was basically attacking and proposing dopey fixes for the economic climate he created.

The best part of the night was when Rep. Michael Grimm threatened to throw a reporter over the balcony.

Location hidden

#174690 Jan 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's done. He was basically attacking and proposing dopey fixes for the economic climate he created.
The best part of the night was when Rep. Michael Grimm threatened to throw a reporter over the balcony.
He should have handled that better. Truth is when there is a scandal involving a Republican they apologize and resign. When there is a scandal involving a democrat, they run for president.
Obama won't do anything. He does nothing and says he did and people believe him.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174691 Jan 29, 2014
How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:

There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.

1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people

2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#174692 Jan 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:
There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools
8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more
Discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Keep looking over your shoulder.

Even the paranoid are sometimes followed.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#174693 Jan 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep looking over your shoulder.
Even the paranoid are sometimes followed.
You have no idea who Saul Alinsky was, do you?

Hey, is that global warming research vessel still encased in a gazillion tons of ---> ice < --- in Antarctica? Wasn't THAT an inconvenient pip!

(pause)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#174694 Jan 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>He should have handled that better. Truth is when there is a scandal involving a Republican they apologize and resign. When there is a scandal involving a democrat, they run for president.
Obama won't do anything. He does nothing and says he did and people believe him.
The reporter asked him a valid question. Our Politicians need to start answering for these things. I believe he's got something to hide, hence the immature response..........

#174695 Jan 29, 2014
lisw wrote:
I think it was Barbara Boxer I saw gushing over the speech. the best speech since Reagan she said. And then went on to say something like,(I dont have her exact words) it was positive and hopeful, i cant see how any American couldn't have renewed enthusiasm for where were at as a country.

All I can say is anyone who believes anything out of that decievers mouth is out of touch. Just more empty words from the Liar In Chief..........

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#174696 Jan 29, 2014
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea who Saul Alinsky was, do you?
Hey, is that global warming research vessel still encased in a gazillion tons of ---> ice < --- in Antarctica? Wasn't THAT an inconvenient pip!
(pause)
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Coincidentally, I recently returned from a six-day visit to Patagonia.

Went kayaking in lakes with beautiful glaciers.

The locals told me that, during the last 12 years or so, the size of most of the glaciers (Perito Moreno is a notable exception) has been reduced by a significant amount.

I wouldn't be so cavalier about what is truly a major environmental problem.

Location hidden

#174697 Jan 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coincidentally, I recently returned from a six-day visit to Patagonia.
Went kayaking in lakes with beautiful glaciers.
The locals told me that, during the last 12 years or so, the size of most of the glaciers (Perito Moreno is a notable exception) has been reduced by a significant amount.
I wouldn't be so cavalier about what is truly a major environmental problem.
Sorry sweety but it's not an environmental problem just because you don't get to see bigger glaciers on your vacation. What has actually happened is that the polar bear population is increasing and funny thing in other places of the world there is lots more ice. For instance on Lake Michigan the ice caves have opened because you can walk across the lake. You shoud go there!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#174699 Jan 30, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry sweety but it's not an environmental problem just because you don't get to see bigger glaciers on your vacation. What has actually happened is that the polar bear population is increasing and funny thing in other places of the world there is lots more ice. For instance on Lake Michigan the ice caves have opened because you can walk across the lake. You shoud go there!
Uhhh....

Well ...

There are a variety of things that could explain the increase in the polar bear population, including the reality of global warming.

A comparison between glaciers and the ice on Lake Michigan shouldn't resonate with anyone who has completed an entry level high school science class. That's one of the best examples of apples and oranges I've seen in a long time.

I mean, for quick and pithy and get your jab in this LOOKS good, but jeez ... the logic behind it melts quicker than ice cubes in Death Valley in August at the slightest glance.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174700 Jan 30, 2014
WildWeirdoWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh....
Well ...
There are a variety of things that could explain the increase in the polar bear population, including the reality of global warming.
A comparison between glaciers and the ice on Lake Michigan shouldn't resonate with anyone who has completed an entry level high school science class. That's one of the best examples of apples and oranges I've seen in a long time.
I mean, for quick and pithy and get your jab in this LOOKS good, but jeez ... the logic behind it melts quicker than ice cubes in Death Valley in August at the slightest glance.
How about the two science vessels down in Antarctica, that got trapped in glacial ice that wasn't supposed to be there? They had to be rescued from their climate change junket, I guess you could chalk that up to Al Gore's 'global warming'. BTW, they'll teach you anything in a high school science class, as long as it goes along with what ever the liberal agenda is at the time. I remember in school, they were telling us that we're heading for a ice age. <¦-o

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174701 Jan 30, 2014
[QUOTE who=" idiot 2.0"]<quoted text>How about the two science vessels down in Antarctica, that got trapped in glacial ice that wasn't supposed to be there? They had to be rescued from their climate change junket, I guess you could chalk that up to Al Gore's 'global warming'. BTW, they'll teach you anything in a high school science class, as long as it goes along with what ever the liberal agenda is at the time. I remember in school, they were telling us that we're heading for a ice age. <¦-o[/QUOTE]What about them?

The area they were trapped in is ordinarily kept clear of ice by wind.

Winds shifted, and ice moved in.

It doesn't prove or disprove squat.

#174702 Jan 30, 2014
We've had one of the coldest winters on record, but its shortsighted to say that proves global warming isn't real. Its based on an average temperature.

And by the way I dont think any scientists dispute there isnt global warming, i believe the dispute comes in on whether or not its a natural phenomena or man made.

That isnt anything anyone on topix is gonna convince me on one way or the other.......
Lost In Transition

United States

#174703 Jan 30, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
We've had one of the coldest winters on record, but its shortsighted to say that proves global warming isn't real. Its based on an average temperature.
And by the way I dont think any scientists dispute there isnt global warming, i believe the dispute comes in on whether or not its a natural phenomena or man made.
That isnt anything anyone on topix is gonna convince me on one way or the other.......
Hey, Larry.
If you get the chance, you should watch the documentary "An Inconsistent Truth." Pretty interesting. And follow the Solar Physicists, a 3,000 year old science that isn't impressed or influenced by the politics of the day.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#174704 Jan 30, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I agree completely
Lost In Transition

United States

#174705 Jan 30, 2014
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
Hmmm.
Sounds like a case of "The wind blew, and the crap flew".

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174706 Jan 30, 2014
LittleWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
If global warming is a reality and not just part of the normal ebb and flow of the climate, why did the scientific community have to lie? Why were hundreds of years of weather data obtained from the British Navy corrupted so as to back up the liberal agenda? Why in 30 years, does crisis go from cooling to warming. You liberals will take whatever the current situation is, good or bad and spin it into a crisis, to further foist your commie agendas on this country. <¦-o

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Rider on the Storm 36,562
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 9 min Paul McCartney is... 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 53 min Tony 6,543
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min Aerobatty 988,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 688,609
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr scientistsknowrea... 619,810
How did black people get here ( economically) 11 hr RFD 64
More from around the web